Metroid Prime 3 - Do Mother Brains' Have PMS? - 9.5 From IGN!

And I can't ever understand complaining about backtracking to search for items in Metroid. That's like buying a Castlevania game and complaining because you have to fight Dracula. I certainly didn't notice any real problems with backtracking in Prime 1 at least. The problem with Prime 2 wasn't so much backtracking, as it was that you had to go through basically the exact same world twice.

EDIT: And yeah, you definitely can't miss the grapple beam once you actually need it to progress. The game wouldn't be Metroid if it didn't show you places you can't reach until much later.

This is why I'm worried about Prime 3. Prime 1 was perfect, and is at least in the top 2 Metroids ever made(I can't decide if it beats Super Metroid or not). But there were way too many complaints from people who are trying to make the series into something it's not, and it started to show in Prime 2.

[quote name='The Crotch']Eight hours? It's been a long time since I last played Prime, but I don't think you should need the Grapple Beam at that point. Methinks you ran across an uncrossable chasm with a grapple node over it, and just assumed that was where you had to go.[/quote]

gamefaqs told me otherwise

[quote name='maigoyume']the difficulty was definitely ramped up in echoes, i can't even count how many times it took me to take out the
boost ball guardian
>

this can't come soon enough. I just fired up MP1 for shits and giggles-- game still looks amazing today :shock:

[quote name='pop311']Personally, I hope that this game is a little teeny tiny bit more FPS that FPA (1st-preson Adventure)[/quote]i can't stand FPS's, metroid prime had that delicate balance between exploration and fighting, and its about the ONLY first person game i can play

[quote name='maigoyume']i can't stand FPS's, metroid prime had that delicate balance between exploration and fighting, and its about the ONLY first person game i can play[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly... Thus I can see why Cheapy (and others) don't like it. It probably doesn't have enough twitch shooting action for them. For me, it has enough of that and plenty of down time (puzzle solving, exploring) in between, which I appreciate.

[quote name='io']My sentiments exactly... Thus I can see why Cheapy (and others) don't like it. It probably doesn't have enough twitch shooting action for them. For me, it has enough of that and plenty of down time (puzzle solving, exploring) in between, which I appreciate.[/quote]i hear ya bro, i prefer hybrid type games anyways

[quote name='BREVITY']No reviews yet?
The game is a few weeks away.[/quote]When was the last time a game got a review out more than 3 weeks before its world premere release?

I'd wager you won't see any reviews till the Thursay or Friday before it hits at the earliest.

[quote name='daroga']When was the last time a game got a review out more than 3 weeks before its world premere release?

I'd wager you won't see any reviews till the Thursay or Friday before it hits at the earliest.[/quote]Bioshock

[quote name='pop311']Bioshock[/quote]A review's out for that already?

Ah, a magazine review. I suppose those get leaked out early sometimes. I was mainly thinking of internet sites, but good point.

I think some places have the game to review now, but expect something by the 21st from most people who believe. And I've heard some really positive things about it.

People are complaining about its' linearity, but didn't the first level in both MP and MP2 have the same features? I believe they did. Honestly, I don't really like the fact that people aren't giving this game a chance.

It's not a first person shooter. It's Zelda with a Gun when it comes right down to it. And I know there are a lot of Zelda fans who won't give this game a chance when it's the same game at its' core.

very excited for this game - kinda suprised EBGamestop is not offering some kind of pre-order deal for it...pretty sure they had something lame for 1 and 2...

For 2 you got the Demo disc. I don't think they offered anything for 1, but I did manage to get the Metroid Prime standee ^_^

The perfect pre-order bonus for this would be a disc with Metroid 1 & 2 (and maybe include the original and Super, although I know that's unrealistic since Nintendo wants to make money from them on the VC).

[quote name='ecmazza']very excited for this game - kinda suprised EBGamestop is not offering some kind of pre-order deal for it...pretty sure they had something lame for 1 and 2...[/quote]

Part 1 had a Toys R Us deal where you bought a gamecube and the game you would get the game for free.

[quote name='trunks982']how many hours is Prime 2 for first timers?[/quote]if you're trying to 100% it'll be roughly 14-17 hrs

[quote name='maigoyume']if you're trying to 100% it'll be roughly 14-17 hrs[/quote]

That's it? I might sneak it in this month then...

[quote name='maigoyume']if you're trying to 100% it'll be roughly 14-17 hrs[/QUOTE]

14-17 for 100%?

Good grief, I was in the 25-30 range by the time I finished the game.

is there going to be a huge emphasis on scanning again?

scanning computers to get the story = good, interesting reading.

having to scan doors and other random crap just to get to 100% = tedious as hell

It'd be neat if you could put your GC Memory card in your Wii (with Prime 1 & 2 saves in there) and Prime 3 picks up on what was saved in your Scan log so you don't have to scan everything. It'd be a bonus for playing the other two.

[quote name='maigoyume']if you're trying to 100% it'll be roughly 14-17 hrs[/quote]

Maybe with a guide in your hand and you've already beaten the game once. Definitely not on the first run through though.

Ok I can't take it anymore, I'm jumping back into Prime 2 (and as soon as I find out where I need to go next, I'm using a guide the entire time :lol:)

I just finished Prime 2 a week or so ago and used a walkthrough for the most part and it took me around 18:30 for 100% items and 98% scans.

If I didn't scan so much it might have shaved off 10 or 15 mins :p.

[quote name='KingBroly']Morphball disc case? What the heck is that? I never got one.[/quote]i saw on ebay a few weeks back, might've been a canada thing only though

[quote name='psunami']14-17 for 100%?

Good grief, I was in the 25-30 range by the time I finished the game.[/quote]hum, well i went onto prime 2 shortly after beating prime 1 on hard mode, so that might have contributed to beating it quicker

[quote name='Zen Davis']Maybe with a guide in your hand and you've already beaten the game once. Definitely not on the first run through though.[/quote]same response for psunami

Couple of tidbits from the preview in the new EGM.

1. Due to the new controls, the game is more shooter heavy that the previous two, though still has a lot of exploration.

2. The developers noted that they heard complaints of Prime 2 being too difficult and frustrating.

I'm not thrilled about the first, but am pleased with the second as I noted above that I never finished the 2nd one as I got too frustrated with the overly hard (in my humble, casual gamer opinion) bosses and the dark world design.

no reason for it not to be shooter and exploration heavy...if these new controls are as precise as people say they are, we should be able to take advantage of them by fighting a lot of enemies with good AI. otherwise, it's just point, click, dead :)

Agreed....to an extent. I want the enemies to have good AI etc., I just don't want every room to have 15 space pirates in it, so that you're nearly always shooting something. I'm not a big FPS fan, and really dug the FPA design of the first two MP games.

That said, I doubt it will end up being a shooter heavy as something like Halo, so I should be fine with it.

I actually like that it'll have more shooting elements to it. Exploration is fine but it got boring when theres nothing to shoot at except doors. And with the new controls, the enemies have to be smarter anyway. Since before it was just lock on IIRC.

People keep saying that this game has more enemies and is more action/story oriented, but where is this confirmed?

[quote name='Scrubking']People keep saying that this game has more enemies and is more action/story oriented, but where is this confirmed?[/quote]

I know for a fact that it has more story and characters. Right at the start of the game you can talk to marines and are shitting their pants that they're talking to THE Samus Aran.

I'm not reading anything about this game so I can be fully blown away by it at release.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm not reading anything about this game so I can be fully blown away by it at release.[/QUOTE]

same here.

I seriously had no idea this game was so close to release. IGN just put up an article calling out nintendo on why they haven't hyped this game up. I think this game is going to be alot better then echos, but I think Nintendo has lost faith in the franchise.

[quote name='daroga']http://wii.ign.com/articles/811/811682p1.html

This game does seem to be getting Drill Dozer levels of publicity, and that is sad. :([/QUOTE]

Especially when Reggie made comments many, many times about how "we won't release this until it is perfect" and championed how great it would be.

We should be getting commercials next week at the latest I would hope.

[quote name='Scrubking']People keep saying that this game has more enemies and is more action/story oriented, but where is this confirmed?[/QUOTE]

See the preview in EGM. It's there impressions on the latest build they played, along with interview with the developers whom themselves confirm and talk about why there is more action, voice acting etc.

If this doesn't sell well in the first weak, I'm locking on to every foo' out there, and blasting them away. With what you ask? Oh you will have you guess that.

I'd be shocked if this was a sales blockbuster. Echoes didn't sell all that well, and it came out later in the GC lifespan when it had a user base probably over 2x the size of the Wii currently.

Also, with the casual gamer focus, a good bit of current Wii owners probably couldn't care less about games like this.

It will sell well, but I wouldn't expect it to be a million seller. Hell, I'd be surprised if it hit 500,000, unless it gets absolutely steller reviews and a lot of hype (which is non-existent right now). At least then all the serious gamers with Wii's would be apt to buy it.

bread's done
Back