Metroid Prime Gamecube Bundle on clearance at Sears!! YMMV!!!!!!

GundNataku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just picked up 2 Metroid Prime Gamecube bundles at my local Sears store for only $49.98 each plus tax. They had a pink ticket in them for $99.97. But when they scanned it, it came up $49.98.

All gone at my sears, they only had 1 platinum GC (no bundle) and 2 black), there was space next to them so i'm guessing they sold out of them.

sweet deal if you got in on it.

I'm going to try this out tomorrow.

I can manage fifty for this sucker.

MARIO TENNIS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I talked to a guy at my sears on ISM (signing) and he checked up on it and told me it's to be marked down here and just haven't got around to it. I took one and stuck it in the back since we don't do price adjustments on clearance items. I'll annoy his ass to put it in the system tuesday when I work.

-Sears evansville 01330

Just curious, anyone able to find any of these after thanksgiving? I was wondering because i just thought of a little known sears but its about a half hour away.

i saw one Metroid bundle left at target. but it scanned in at $99.

update: nevermind, I was able to find one that was hidden away. Score!

Mine only had the Mario Kart Bundles. The one guy I asked about the Metroid Prime Bundle said that they didn't have the Bundled Gamecube with MP, but they did have Echoes for $44.99. I didn't really care about the bundle since I already have a Gamecube, but I wanted Echoes and I was somehow able to get the 10% before noon discount and $5 off $20 after noon coupon to work, so I got it for $35.

My Sears had one opened Metroid bundle but it rand up for 99. They offered 15%off since it was opened though. (Eveything was still sealed but the side of the box was a little torn).

I picked one up in Hackensack NJ. I opened a Sears Gold card and I saved $15. I had a $5 coupon, and then a $2 one. So I got it all for $28+tax.

I went to a sears today in Binghamton, New York and it rang for $99. Is there anyway that i can print out the receipt and show them? DO you think it will work?

I printed out both of the receipts found in this thread and tried to use them for leverage at a local Sears, here in El Paso, TX.

I asked a CSR to scan the bundle for me; it rang up for $99. I then mentioned that I had printouts of receipts from other Sears stores and would like to have the price matched. The CSR discussed my request with manager A, who then agreed to match the $49 clearance price. It looked like I was about to walk away with a shiny new GameCube.

Then, the CSR began the checkout processes. She was new and needed help overriding the price, so she asked for help from manager B. Manager A had stepped away for a moment and manager B was closest to checkout counter. I knew as soon as I saw the CSR asking manager B for help, that I would have some trouble getting the price match. Manager B is one of those people that looks like he could be a real a-hole.

After reviewing the transaction the CSR had entered, manager B decided to revoke the price match. The CSR mentioned to manager B that manager A had already agreed to match the price. At that exact moment, manager A walked up behind the CSR and Manager B began to question him about the price match. Manager A said "We price match, don't we?" Manager B replied "What would you know? You've only been here two weeks!" The agrument got pretty heated between the two.

After about a minute of arguing, manager B looked toward me and noticed several shocked customers staring back at him. Manager B looked pretty embarrassed. Manager B then told me to come back with the original receipts. He said that only then would he consider the price match. Manager B proceeded by saying "You can produce them, can't you? I really doubt it, though."

I was pretty pissed-off, but I managed to maintain my composure. I told Manager B "Yes, I can produce the originals if I have to, but I don't see what the difference is. The transaction numbers you need are legible in the printout." He replied "There IS a big difference" and then tossed the printout at me. I ended the conversation with "Uh, huh. Ok. Sure. You can be certain that you won't get my business here again."

Overall, it was a small defeat. I will, definately, be reporting this incident to the Sears corporate office. But, in the end, I lost ten minutes of my time, he made a fool of his colleague in view of other CSRs and customers, and he made himself look like the a-hole he is.

I went to the Sears in Cutler Ridge Fl. No dice, also no half off pink stickered items as well, they were very nice and scanned everything i asked for with no trouble though. A shame, as they had a nice number of the metroid bundles. Ill try again later in the week.

I just wanted to chime in and say that this is a no go at Sears in Greensboro, NC. I had the cashier scan the Metroid bundle, and also FFXI (they were sitting there in a pile of things that included stuff that was and wasn't pink stickered), and they both rang up regular price. Neither one had a pink sticker.

Also, This Sears just remodeled their game section a couple months ago, if that makes a difference. They do have some things pink stickered, like Vexx, Karaoke Revolution (sold out), Need for Speed Underground 1, and some other things.

I would try at my Sears but no games anymore...oh well they always overpriced everything from $10-$15 more than anywhere else. Once I saw Driver 2 there for $40 and someone bought it! I was going to tell them they shouldn't, but I doubt it would have mattered since they had a bratty kid with them.

sears employees are morons. I called, they never seem to have it which i can understand. Everytime i ask when they are getting it in they tell me a different day, so i think ill just go check it out anyway, but when i asked how much a regular gamecube cost the moron tells me 150

Alright...Well, during the duration of this topic, I went into Sears maybe two or three times. It rang up at $99.99 every time. The last time I went I had the receipts printed out; when he was about to ring it up, I said something like, "I printed out these receipts that someone scanned, too. I was checking to see if it was on clearance for $49.99 like it was where this guy bought it." He just kind of ignored it.

Also, I thought about bringing it up with a manager, so for the hell of it, but as I was looking at the GameCube, the guy (who eventually opened the glass case to get it out to scan it) was talking on the phone.. I heard him get off the phone with a customer, and then call someone else and ask where the manager was or something. The lady had called like 5 times asking for the manager, so I'm guessing he was too busy to bother him with the receipt ordeal...

Oh well. I ended up getting a GC, 1 controller, Mario Sunshine, Twin Snakes, and Mario Kart all new for $110.

I didn't see any Metroid/GC bundles at my sears but they did have some great deals on games:

I got:

Links 2004(Xbox): $5.50
Burnout 2(Xbox): $5
Intellivision Lives(Xbox) $7.50

They also had:
PGR2(Xbox): $10
Rallisport Challenge 2(Xbox): $10
Fight Night 2004(Xbox): $15

Also I forgot: I bought an Xbox System Link cable for $1.50 :shock:

[quote name='Rig']I believe the last game I bought at Sears (when they had games) was Mario Party for the N64![/quote]

I think I got the Rogue Squadron and the N64 memory expansion there too

I went in to the Sears here and they showed 1 as being in stock but couldn't find it. To my shock the sales associate says "I can't seem to find it, would you like me to ask my managers if we can sell one of the other bundles as a substitute?"

Said salesperson calls over to management person and asks, manager asks what the price difference is & salesperson says $50. Manager says "sure". I walk out with the DoubleDash bundle for $50...

Only downside is that I'd like the component out, but I'm not sure about doing the exchange for a refurb.

okay, so i went to my local sears last week with the two receipts posted here all printed out. i saw two metroid gc bundles in the glass case with no price so i asked the salesperson to scan one of them. it came out $99.99. and then i told him about how some stores had them on clearance for $50 and showed him the receipts. he replied saying that's a good deal if they can price match it, then he called his manager up.

about 5 minutes later the manager ran up the stairs and asked the salesperson what the situation was. after inspecting the copies of scanned receipts she told me that she can't price match that because the first receipts salescheck # was blocked out. i told her she could use the # on the second one. and then she came up with another reason saying that she can't price match on photocopies. but if i had the original receipt on hand she would have done it....

why didn't she just say that at the first place? i'd think she's just trying to find excuses to not sell me the bundle. especially after i (?) made her ran up and down the store. why else would she give me another completely different reason after the first one failed? so i just got MGS3 for $35 with my $5 off coupon.

but after getting home i was still not satisfy with her answer. so can anyone who bought a $50 gc metroid bundle kindly send me your original receipt? you can black out your personal infomation like the crdeit card number with a marker (but please not the salescheck number). please pm me if you're willing to help. i can probably send you $5 as a thank you gift through paypal or something if it works.

bread's done
Back