Metroid Prime Trilogy - Out of Print (Thanks, Nintendo!)

WOOT

finally holding out on playing all of them and I get to enjoy the wonderness of it all on the Wii.

can't wait.

Nintendo did something great there.

[quote name='foltzie']Yowsa, time to eBay my Metroid Prime games.[/QUOTE]

Coolest thing Nintendo has done since... forever.

I own all 3 games but I may rebuy just for the new controls and 480p.

And holy cow at the boxart. Too bad it's one disc.

[quote name='lilboo']So are they going to release a trilogy pack..?
I'm curious as to when MP1 and 2 come out.[/QUOTE]

From whats been reported , they are skipping the New Play Control releases of Prime 1 & 2 and just re-releasing all 3 together in August as the trilogy pack.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'll definitely have to pick this up since I haven't played any of the Metroid Primes.[/QUOTE]

Get the hell out of my thread.

And since this isn't my thread, go post in the Wii shop thread, and then get the hell out of it.

Look at it this way. Instead of releasing 2 games separately for $30 each ($60 total) they're releasing all 3 for $50 in one package.

Any idea of what the recent trade-in values for Metroid Prime 3 are at GameStop, BBV/GameRush, and Sam Goody/FYE?

Yes, I know that I could get more on CAG/eBay, but I'd rather sell it off before the news becomes widespread, much like I did with MGS3 when Subsistence was announced. I'll pick up the trilogy when it comes out; $16.67 per game is too good to pass up, especially if there are launch week deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome news. They should have packaged both Pikmins together as well. Any recent word on Pikmin 2? I saw the GCN version at GS and they wanted around $35 for it. :lol: They're fucking nuts.

[quote name='Corvin']Awesome news. They should have packaged both Pikmins together as well. Any recent word on Pikmin 2? I saw the GCN version at GS and they wanted around $35 for it. :lol: They're fucking nuts.[/QUOTE]

NPC Pikmin 2 was released in Europe on April 24th, so I'd imagine that it will come to the US in either the Summer or Fall, though no announcements have been made. We'll probably find out at e3.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Any idea of what the recent trade-in values for Metroid Prime 3 are at GameStop, BBV/GameRush, and Sam Goody/FYE?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop was $9.75 :bs:

Calling Gamecrazy now.

[quote name='Ryukahn']The New Play Control Metroid games will be released as Metroid Prime Trilogy, and will include all 3 games for only $49.99. I need to figure out what to do with my sealed copy of Metroid Prime 3 I have.....

link

http://wii.ign.com/articles/985/985793p1.html[/QUOTE]

Good deal... but I would rather had them bundle Prime 1 & 2 for like $30 since I already have Prime 3. I'm guessing they're trying to bundle because of the poor sales of Prime 2 & 3.

Meh, was on hold for over 10 minutes with Gamecrazy and they never came back, so just hung up. Somebody else can call and find out. :D

[quote name='Cao Cao']Any idea of what the recent trade-in values for Metroid Prime 3 are at GameStop, BBV/GameRush, and Sam Goody/FYE?

Yes, I know that I could get more on CAG/eBay, but I'd rather sell it off before the news becomes widespread, much like I did with MGS3 when Subsistence was announced. I'll pick up the trilogy when it comes out; $16.67 per game is too good to pass up, especially if there are launch week deals.[/QUOTE]
$14 at Amazon.

The Amazon trade doesn't seem so bad when you factor in the additional $10 you can get for trading in $35 worth of games. I just need to read how exactly it works, but some of the PSP games I was thinking of getting rid of get good enough value to make it worthwhile.

Gamecrazy offered $8, so amazon is definitely the best I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing Nintendo, the MP3 save file on the new disc will not be the same as the old one. So if you're like me and only 50% through it, you'd be stuck.

On the other hand, Nintendo is lazy, so maybe they won't even put forth the effort to change MP3 at all.
[quote name='Strell']Get the hell out of my thread.

And since this isn't my thread, go post in the Wii shop thread, and then get the hell out of it.[/QUOTE]
He can stay, under one condition. Has he played Endless Ocean? If no, get the hell out of my thread.

[quote name='Doomed']
He can stay, under one condition. Has he played Endless Ocean? If no, get the hell out of my thread.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. Isn't there some other game that will make me cool enough to stay?

Wow. This is great news! I know most of us had the pipe dream of having them bundled, but I never expected for it to actually happen. I never got to play the first two games, so I'm excited.

Time to dump Metroid 3 as well...

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Dammit. Isn't there some other game that will make me cool enough to stay?[/QUOTE]
It's $30. I enjoyed it far more than MP or MP3. You can stay until either you, Strell, or lilboo plays Endless Ocean. At that point, the two people that haven't must get the hell out of my thread.

This is a nice set, but I'm still bummed about having already bought MP3. If Nintendo wants to play it cool, they should have a $10 off coupon through Club Nintendo for anyone that registered MP3 already.

[quote name='ddp72984']This is a nice set, but I'm still bummed about having already bought MP3. If Nintendo wants to play it cool, they should have a $10 off coupon through Club Nintendo for anyone that registered MP3 already.[/QUOTE]

You do realize they could have just as easily sold MP1+2 by themselves for $29.99 each, thus costing you $60 to own just those two.

I'm not liking the new options menu I'm seeing on Nintendo's site. It looks like it has its' own menu, meaning no individual game menus AND only 1 save per game.

Goodbye old Metroid Primes, hello Trilogy. :D

With newly added motion controls and achievements for each game, this looks to be the ultimate edition. Having it all on 1 disc is just icing on the cake.

Thanks for posting the pics here so nobody else has to navigate to Nintendo.com. :)
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/7y8SXfbq4nlR_ZO15BY3yHdKL7erLAnk
[quote name='Nintendo']
Metroid™ Prime 3: Corruption set a new standard for first-person motion controls in video games. Now it's bringing those controls to the rest of the celebrated series, allowing players to experience the entire Metroid Prime story arc with the peerless precision of the Wii Remote. Nintendo announces Metroid Prime Trilogy, a new premium three-game collection for the Wii console that bundles all three landmark Metroid Prime games onto one disc and revamps the first two installments with intuitive Wii Remote controls, wide-screen presentation and other enhancements. Metroid Prime Trilogy will be available exclusively for Wii on Aug. 24 at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Each game maintains its original storyline and settings, but now Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes let players use their Wii Remote to aim with precision as heroine Samus Aran. Based on the breakthrough control system that debuted in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, these new Wii controls bring an entirely new level of immersion and freedom to these milestone games.

More information on Metroid Prime Trilogy to come.[/quote]

6 screenshots
O18d4WGEPamtTGCJHv4jvybimpfSq8nB.jpg

qLS1-T4_CxL6nLOguczOYCXh92l2ZT1x.jpg

AdNyV3eFhXwM3yw9xNSAxRivA8ig64GC.jpg

TsPA-NUjh1cK2g67wMscrPKkel0NEnWO.jpg

G1Ul4Gi8XKpCXp7PTIEJbiCmQBvJCLT3.jpg

i8YsSY1YXsU6CcEWFKrlr_IiI1R4Mwm5.jpg

eFKJbHrXIGmMbx7dn9Z8kMKCo_inJK83.jpg
The first screenshot mentions "single player games". I'm guessing the MP2 multiplayer will be online enabled or something. They could also have the cool bonuses in another menu. Don't count on Metroid or the Fusion suit though. :cry: Also, there's plenty of opportunity for an "import save data" mode for each game. Nintendo will never, ever do this for MP 1-2 and will almost definately not do this for MP3.

[quote name='Doomed']The first screenshot mentions "single player games". I'm guessing the MP2 multiplayer will be online enabled or something. They could also have the cool bonuses in another menu. Don't count on Metroid or the Fusion suit though. :cry: Also, there's plenty of opportunity for an "import save data" mode for each game. Nintendo will never, ever do this for MP 1-2 and will almost definately not do this for MP3.[/QUOTE]

The ign story about this mentions that there will be unlockable extras for all 3 games. There will be a medal system in all 3 games and you can use the medals for unlocking things. Also they mentioned no online play for MP2.

They added widescreen enhancements for the first two games... I really hope this means that it'll be true widescreen but I'm almost sure it'll be that half-assed attempt with the 1 inch bars on the sides that Prime 3 suffered from.

Oh well, I'm getting this regardless. It's too good of a deal and it's an excuse for me to replay the the first two Primes.

I owned Super Metroid and the original Metroid Prime. I didn't like SM (I was young and didn't understand it) and I really liked Prime 1, though I barely played it. I'll definitely be getting the trilogy. I'm all over it.

Thanks Ryukahn and botticus. Actually, Amazon was the first place that I checked after posting before, and their $14 figure definitely beats out GS, even with the Trade 3 get $10 campaign that GS is running).

I ended up going with Amazon, and shipped my copy of MP3 off to them today. Seems like as good an opportunity as any to test out their trade-in process.

Honestly, even if GS slightly surpassed Amazon's TIV, Amazon would still be the superior choice for me. Judging by Amazon's recent deal-related actions, there's a chance that Amazon will temporarily reduce the game's price before or during the launch week.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Gamestop was $9.75 :bs:

Calling Gamecrazy now.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='botticus']$14 at Amazon.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Ryukahn']The Amazon trade doesn't seem so bad when you factor in the additional $10 you can get for trading in $35 worth of games. I just need to read how exactly it works, but some of the PSP games I was thinking of getting rid of get good enough value to make it worthwhile.

Gamecrazy offered $8, so amazon is definitely the best I've seen.[/QUOTE]

I'm really excited for this.
I tried Metroid Prime..but.. ehh.. I didn't like the GCN controls. I loved Prime 3 simply because of the controls. WHEN does that happen with a Wii game?!?! :applause:

I'm with boo... I never got into MP1/2 on the GC, but I absolutely loved MP3. Totally about the controls, so this is a no-brainer day-one for me.

I'm going to keep my copy of Corruption because I feel that the save files are going to be different. Also MP1+2 now have bloom lighting for some reason.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm going to keep my copy of Corruption because I feel that the save files are going to be different. Also MP1+2 now have bloom lighting for some reason.[/QUOTE]
This bothers me immensely, yet I know it is true. :cry: What should happen:

Doomed's dreams said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy is a compilation of the games Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. If you have save files for these games, you may import them into Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Do you want to import a save file for Metroid Prime?
>yes
Please insert the Nintendo GameCube memory card with the save file you wish to import into slot A.

Do you want to import a save file for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes?
>no
Do you want to import a save file for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption?
>yes

The save files you requested to be imported are now imported into Metroid Prime Trilogy. Please be aware that any progress you make in Metroid Prime Trilogy will not be saved as a save file for Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
It will never happen.

What would be the point of uploading the saved data though? That would mean to play the game from where you previously beat it?

No. All these "NEW PLAY CONTROL!!" games are just Wii controls.
Though, I don't know if this is considered "NEW PLAY CONTROLL!!!!1" since it's a Trilogy.

I was planning on buying both MP1 and 2 so getting both for them for only $50 is a great deal. I guess I'll trade in/sell my copy of MP3 soon. I don't usually get rid of games but I might as well in this case.

[quote name='lilboo']What would be the point of uploading the saved data though? That would mean to play the game from where you previously beat it?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. My MP save is at 20%, and my MP3 save is at 50%. I have a habit of investing a bunch of time into a Metroid game, then dropping it before I beat it. :lol:

bread's done
Back