MGS: Legacy collection back in stock (amazon) (in stock)

MSRP but much better than the $110 they were going for new. EDIT: Goes in and out of stock constantly.  I bought one and it's currently preparing to be shipped, so they definitely have units.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397069582&sr=8-1&keywords=mgs+legacy+collection

Edit: Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked ebay and now it's flooded with these / buy it now $75 all around.
Last time I checked they were going for $110+.

I ordered one, and I am not even sure why. I own all of the games in some way with the exception of VR Missions.
ONE OF US!

ONE OF US!

ONE OF US!

back up for ordering - I checked to order 999 and it looked ok to order so... here's your chance to get it if you missed out.

Since I already own Essentials Collection (PS2), MGS HD Collection, and MGS4, I figured I'd save money...
as much as the fan in me wants this.

Then...this morning I find out Walmart/Fed Ex screwed me out of my Deadly Premonition: DC order (FedEx pickup sent it back way before the pick-up deadline and Walmart says they can't re-route it back...that I'll get a refund).  Really annoyed to say the least...

It's back OOS for now.  But if this thing comes back...I will console my DP loss with this.  ;)

? - shows in stock but may require 1-2 extra days to process.

just keep refreshing.

My order just shipped. I'm not sure why the site read that it would be in stock on the 12th when they already had copies. Estimated delivery date of April 14 with Prime.

My order delivery is scheduled for April 15. I ordered yesterday.

Probably going to sell my current MGS set.

MGS1 Black Label

Greatest hits MGS4

MGS HD Collection

Weird to see everyone so desperate for this all of a sudden, considering I felt like I bought it too soon for $25 (Frys price match at best buy) a few months back. I thought for sure it would hit 20$ before oop. But then as I stood contemplating making a purchase, another guy took the 2nd to last one in front of my eyes and I knew bby rarely re stocks this type of game (I missed the previous metal gear collection to oop) and at that moment I knew what I had to do...So I price matched it and kingdom hearts hd collection for 25-20$. And immediately shoved them in the backlog (after downloading the codes of course). But as my generation says no ragrets! :p

So will these be worth something or are we all clamoring for reprints? I have yet to play through MGS2-4 so I might refrain from opening this if it is valuable.

Whats the difference between this and the last MGS collection that was released a couple years back?
It comes with a voucher for the original MGS PSN download (though some people have said their code has expired). That and it comes with MGS4 Trophy Edition (the 2.0 major patch that added Trophies on disc).

It's a great collection, but for people like me that have Essentials Collection for PS2 (w/ MGS on actual disc), MGS4, and MGS HD Collection, it makes this hard to bite on.

this is the most complete collection and also contain the original first two metal gear games that was on the original nintendo nes system
MG1 and MG2 are also in the HD Collection. The disc is the same in the Legacy Collection. The only disc that's different is MGS4, which contains all the latest patches on disc.

As much as I want this collection, its pretty redundant to buy the same games I already own though, the only thing that is keeping me interested in the art book which I might try to to find and buy now separate.

As much as I want this collection, its pretty redundant to buy the same games I already own though, the only thing that is keeping me interested in the art book which I might try to to find and buy now separate.
Yeah...I've been watching this topic since it started. Have seen this game go in and out of stock like 15 times already. Each time I've been able to talking myself out of it. I'm nearing the end of school, need to be more responsible with money, and I can't justify buying this (as cool as it is) because I have all the games already.

Well, I guess it's good I unloaded one today, though it would have been better a few weeks ago for $100+. 

[quote name="U NDERSTAR" post="11682316" timestamp="1397175077"]I'm in the same boat as you then, I have all these games that you mention. [/quote]
On the same boat too. Have MGS Collection and MGS4. Going to try and sell them off.

Really seems as if "someone" found a semi truck load of this game... I figure at least 500 have been sold in the last 24hrs.

Ebay prices already dropping, can't believe what people were selling it for.  Something that was easy to get and even on sale at places.

My local Best Buy had like 8 copies a couple weeks ago, been waiting for a price drop to get me a sealed copy on this and Rising LE, checking BBYcom almost every day. Went there yesterday and all were gone. No tag was there either where the game was.  I usually get great deals around my area and I'm almost certain they were pulled and not sold, as to where they went no clue.  Employee was no help as it doesn't show on BBYcom as of recent.  

I had the screen on refresh a few hours ago and got one.  Some sense just hit me and I canceled my order.  I have all of these games in some form already.   While it would be a nice piece to have to put on that overloaded shelf, I am very glad that I canceled.

I had the screen on refresh a few hours ago and got one. Some sense just hit me and I canceled my order. I have all of these games in some form already. While it would be a nice piece to have to put on that overloaded shelf, I am very glad that I canceled.
Your rational approach and ability to resist the mass frenzy has been noted. You will be watched.

Just for kicks, I decided to check the amount of copies Konami has. The maximum amount of copies I can "buy" at once, is 99,999.

99,999 copies of MGS Legacy will only cost you $4,998,950.01, not including tax, & shipping. A real bargain, & a smart investment.  :roll:

I don't believe they have 9,999 copies available. I didn't buy one, because I bought the HD Collection on eBay, & I believe I have MGS4, from when I bought my PS3 off of someone.

The HD collection disc is not quite the same as the one in the legacy collection (despite it having the same name in the xmb). The legacy disc has MGS1 and MGS2 digital comics under the xmb video section, whereas the hd collection does not.

bread's done
Back