MGS4 Headed to Xbox 360

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.destructoid.com/mgs4-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360-updated-for-internet-mattlockery--31775.phtml

Orignal post (before lawsuit threatened edit):
I have been waiting for many months to finally say this, and today is the day. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will not be a PS3 exclusive after all. It has been confirmed that it will make its way to the Xbox 360 in 2008.
There is no true date set for the release at this point, but November of 2008 has been mentioned. This is not set in stone as Konami is working with Microsoft to bring the date forward as much as possible.

MGS4 for the 360 will also come with exclusive content and gameplay that will not be in the PS3 version of the game. Some of this content is VR missions, as well as "Snake Tales" or "Snake in the Valley" (depending on where you live), which will let you go on objective based missions, some of which are very lengthy. These are the first two bonuses to emerge so far, but be ready to expect even more.

Konami is also in talks with Nintendo to bring a Metal Gear Solid game to the Wii. MGS4 would obviously have to be slimmed down if the chose to port the title to Nintendo's console. We already know that Snake will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros., so this (along with the 360 news) doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Note: This news has nothing to do with the fake swedish magazine article.

the threatened lawsuit gives him some credibility (considering everything else about him screams "I'm a juvenile dumbass who just wants to stir up teh console warz on teh internet."

Good news for 360 owners, if they are willing to wait. I doubt it will have "exclusive" content, I predict this will just be the inevitable substances/subsistence verison of MGS4 that will come out for both systems a year later. Also I'll wait for word from Kojima and Konami before I get too excited.

The bonus stuff will just be like the "Substance" extras that were on MGS2, and MGS3 when they were ported to other consoles.

There's no doubt in my mind, as a firm PS3 lover, that the 360 will get a version.
And I"m also certain that the PS3 version will have superior audio, but not many care about that anyway.

The article makes it sound too similar to MGS2: Substance. If their source is that Swedish site (http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=17281
), then it was ripped word for word from the MGS2: Substance announcement:
http://insider.ign.com/teasers/388/388211.html

So, while the source doesn't seem too credible, I can definitely see this happening. PS3 will get MGS4: GOTP, and both the 360/PS3 will get the Subwhatever version later down the line. I see little reason for games to stay exclusive this gen.

And why would any buy a PS3 as a gaming console again? Exclusives? Like Grand Theft Auto was, like Devil May Cry 4, Like MGS 4....damn.

[quote name='GizmoGC']And why would any buy a PS3 as a gaming console again? Exclusives? Like Grand Theft Auto was, like Devil May Cry 4, Like MGS 4....damn.[/quote]First paryt stuff...God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, etc.

[quote name='GizmoGC']And why would any buy a PS3 as a gaming console again? Exclusives? Like Grand Theft Auto was, like Devil May Cry 4, Like MGS 4....damn.[/QUOTE]

Because it has the potential to have the best version of multiplatform games and for stuff like White Knight Story, Lair, FFXIII, etc. It's not as though people really buy the system for one game...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']First paryt stuff...God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yea. This gen will have a lot of focus on first party. 3rd parties have little reason to stay exclusive any more. Neither the 360/PS3 will have a large enough lead to warrant exclusive 3rd party games. Last gen, the PS2 dwarfed the competition, which is why we saw so many 3rd party exclusives.

[quote name='GizmoGC']And why would any buy a PS3 as a gaming console again? Exclusives? Like Grand Theft Auto was, like Devil May Cry 4, Like MGS 4....damn.[/QUOTE]

edit: nevermind, can't feed gizmo

Hmmm, interesting. I have a feeling the PS3 version will be superior, while the 360 version will be a port job to make up some of the cash spent on development.

But hey, I could be way off here.

Great news though.

If it wasn't written like an angry GameFAQs rant, I'd give it a tiny amount of credibility, but this has been rumored for so long, I'll wait for the press release in my email before believing any rumor about it. It just seems like the monthly rumors flaring up again about the game.

[quote name='seanr1221']Hmmm, interesting. I have a feeling the PS3 version will be superior, while the 360 version will be a port job to make up some of the cash spent on development.

But hey, I could be way off here.

Great news though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure I'll get shot for being a clear fanboy and saying this, but I'd be very, very surprised if this doesn't end up being like the difference between the PS2 and Xbox versions of MGS 2 Substance. Hell the Xbox was vastly more powerful than the PS2 and it still ended up having a lot of slowdown, so I'm not sure what to expect from the 360 version when it's the less powerful system (though there's not the same degree of difference as there was last gen) and the game isn't optimized for it.

i do actually believe them at least prob around 85%, but what proof is there of a lawsuit and why would it be from sony, not Konami?

You know, what proof did this show? It seems fake to me. I mean if MGS4 comes to 360, 7 discs minimum. I mean, Kojima complained that Sony didn't give them the code for the second layer of the disc (he said 22gb was too small). Assuming he got that extra code, 44-50gb is a lot. If they downscale it to 720p on 360, then maybe 3 discs. But, if it did come, it's not coming out on a single disc. It's not possible.

But, again I'll say it: No proof was shown. It's all speculation based on interviews. It's always been like that. It's like Microsoft buying Capcom. They say it's gonna happen, but it hasn't.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i do actually believe them at least prob around 85%, but what proof is there of a lawsuit and why would it be from sony, not Konami?[/quote]Depending on how contracts are worded, it could be well within Sony's rights to threaten a suit on this topic. Afterall, Sony is the one losing by this info getting out; Konami has nothing but money coming their way.

Shane B from 1up an extreme fanboy met with Kojima and said he thought it would come but with a delay of a year. This is very likely the case.

Especially when you remember that last year at E3 Kojima said that the demo that we watched the dev team play could run on a 360 as is.

Reasons to get a PS3 go down. I'm actually sad about that. Right now Uncharted Drakes fortune stands alone.

Because I think Final Fantasy 13 will come to PC if not 360 to recoup cost. So.... Poor PS3. Sony is in trouble. Those projects there working on better not fall apart. Sony is in trouble.

If Grand Theft Auto 4 out sells the PS3 version a lot. Sony's going to need to work on damage control.

I'm looking forward to Snake on a Plane mode

but anyway...this was probably going to be the game to make me want to take the dive on a PS3, perhaps I'll be able to wait a bit longer.

There is one dude in the comment that possibly identifies it as fake, also i found this when i scrolled down
is that even a trusted site?
it was at the bottom of the article
We all know that [another company] would never give up an exclusive. I mean what's next? [insert 3 games that were lost and we were lied to about] Nooo waaay! They would never lose an exclusive. Every [3 letters] game was a [another company] exclusive at one point. I can't imagine them coming out with [3 letters] on another console. I mean ... they have never done that have they?

Next time I am with [Peter Parker], [Madonna], or [Phil Collins] in person, I will be sure to remind them to approve things through you, Internet Matlocks, before they make any decisions.

2 things:

#1 The "Snake Tales" was a joke BTW.

#2 I decided to be nice and respectfully make changes to this post. I did refuse to pull it completely because our community is more important to me. Hypothetically, this would be my first lawsuit of 2007. I was hoping to make it a full year but it looks bleak. I hope you enjoyed it.

I bet he pulls it off because the story ( which he made up or pull it out of his own ass) is getting out of hand. Now what can he do to make him looks good? Yeah blame Sony with the lawsuit and such. Think about it people, do you know what percentage MSG 4 will come out for 36o ? Yeah 50 % and if that happen he will tell everyone that he is the first to get the info ( even from his own ass ).

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Haha, possibly one of the last nails in the coffin of PS3, no more good games for it left, I'm sorry PS3 owners, I truly feel bad for you[/QUOTE]

..Because there is no possibility that more, better games will come in the future. I don't think any of us knew about: Ratchet, Jak, Socom, DMC, GoW, Ico, SoTC, Killzone, while we were playing Fantavision.

[quote name='dpatel']..Because there is no possibility that more, better games will come in the future. I don't think any of us knew about: Ratchet, Jak, Socom, DMC, GoW, Ico, SoTC, Killzone, while we were playing Fantavision.[/quote]No, don't you get it? 7 months in means that the system is DEAD for its 6 year lifespan.

Nothing good will come to the PS3 ever. The Internet said so. It's a fact.

You know, my house is so happy around here. My 360 and Wii play nice on the TV; the GBA and DS are getting to know the new PSP. I don't have any wars going on in my home.

What were we talking about again...?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']First paryt stuff...God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, etc.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much.

I'd rather play Uncharted over Halo, Ratchet over other generic shooter on 360, etc etc

[quote name='KingBroly']Why do people always discount the ability of Final Fantasy to sell systems?[/QUOTE]

It's not relevant unless it helps the 360.

No offense, but I am not going to believe Destructiod. Especially when this whole rumor thing was started with a swedish site who copied and pasted a 2003 article that talked about MGS coming to the original xbox and GC and just changed teh year and title. Do I think that MGS 4 will go to the 360? Yes I do. But it will be one year later at the minimum and will not be as good as, A. There is less disc space so SOMETHING will have to be cut out. And B. They will have to re-do the entire code seeing how the entire thing was built with the PS3 in mind.

And yes, because you know Uncharted, R&C, White Knight Story, Lair, Little Big Planet, Warhawk, Eye of Judgement, Haze, Heavenly Sword, Socom, and Hot Shots Golf are all non-existant reasons for people to want to play PS3..........

And I am not doubting the ability of Final Fantasy to sell systems... In Japan. In America, it's not as big as a system seller.

And Cheapy, I am kind of surprised you would start a thread like this with the potential of flaming based on rumors from a not-so-credible site with no real proof.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']No offense, but I am not going to believe Destructiod. Especially when this whole rumor thing was started with a swedish site who copied and pasted a 2003 article that talked about MGS coming to the original xbox and GC and just changed teh year and title. Do I think that MGS 4 will go to the 360? Yes I do. But it will be one year later at the minimum and will not be as good as, A. There is less disc space so SOMETHING will have to be cut out. And B. They will have to re-do the entire code seeing how the entire thing was built with the PS3 in mind. [/QUOTE]

Yea, the credibility of this source seems a bit iffy. I do believe it will happen, but I don't think this source is accurate. If it does happen, I can't see such an early announcement. By announcing a better version this early on, they are basically killing any chance of 360/PS3 owners buying both versions. If they wait until after the PS3 version is announced to unveil this, then people with both consoles may opt for the PS3 version, and later decide on the 360 version. To me, it makes little sense in announcing something like this so early. I'm sure both Substance and Subsistence were planned well before the release of MGS2 and MGS3, but they were kept under wraps to potentially get two sales from die hard fans like me.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']No offense, but I am not going to believe Destructiod. Especially when this whole rumor thing was started with a swedish site who copied and pasted a 2003 article that talked about MGS coming to the original xbox and GC and just changed teh year and title.[/quote] That is not the source....
[quote name='Destructoid']
I didnt pull this from another story, I pulled it from Konami.
I personally dont understand why this news is that big. It should have been a Captain obvious post.
btw, I am the guy that broke the 120gb hd news 6 months before anyone else, halo 3's beta date in December and release date (before it was changed) .
They are releasing the game 1 full year after the PS3 (was supposed to come out this year) This has happened to MGS before. Why is this time any different.

*snip*
Source is me asking and getting confirmation from someone at Konami, and someone at MS. This is not a joke...
Like this hasn't happened on every single other version on MGS. Its not a big surprise at all. The announcement hasn't been officially made yet, but the source works for Konami, and I know for a fact that MS has been negotiating this for months.
[/quote] Also, it is a fact that the article's author has the inside scoop (on pretty much everything) from Microsoft.

bread's done
Back