Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

wild homes

CAGiversary!
Micro Center is selling Microsoft's 1600 LIVE points cards for $9.99, and the 4000 LIVE points cards for $39.99... I purchased three of the 4000 point cards today, and the cashier _did_ have to get authorisation from his supervisor (apparently they weren't ringing up correctly and had to be adjusted) but all the items DO have sku-correct price tags on them for the above prices and it was confirmed to me that it was not an error. This was at the Houston location.

If this is a repost, I apologise. I don't have time to search it up properly at the moment, on my way out the door.

EDIT: If you are looking to buy or sell these codes, we now have a thread for just that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Marrietta Goergia one had several out today and I think more in the back. They were in these clunky individual security cases on the wall.

No more 1600pts cards in Tustin, CA... if anyone has some extras and is willing to sell me a few plz PM. I grabbed a 4000pts card, even though it's not as great of a deal but also stumbled onto a nice deal they had for the XBL 3month kit for $12.99. The 3month kit comes with 3mo card, 400 MS pts ($5 value) and Headset (which has a GS TiV of $5.25), so you're basically paying less than $3 for your 3mo of LIVE. There were about 10 left at the Tustin store IMHO it's a wayyy better deal than just the 3month card for $9.99.

Just wondering (and I hope I'm not breaking any rules) but has anyone from CAG started selling these online, and emailing the codes?

This is an awesome deal, too. Never even heard of Micro Center before...

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']Just wondering (and I hope I'm not breaking any rules) but has anyone from CAG started selling these online, and emailing the codes?

This is an awesome deal, too. Never even heard of Micro Center before...[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'd love to be able to buy a few, but no micro center near me. I could paypal and also have tons of WiiWare points to trade.

No 1600 point cards at Mayfield Hts., OH today, just 40ish 4000 point cards, many 3 month Live membership cards, and 15ish of the 3 month Live packs with 400 points and a headset. The salesdouche told me they should get more 1600 point cards on Tuesday or Wednesday.

[quote name='Kamelot']Almost a month now, this has to be dead by now[/QUOTE]
As long as MicroCenter has them in stock and gets shipments, it's not.

If any fellow Ohioans could help me out with a 4000 point card, I'm in the wrong part of the state to get one myself, send me a PM, I'll add a bit of extra $ via paypal as well.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']does the store in Cambridge,MA have this deal?[/QUOTE]
Yes it does--I was in there last Monday and they had probably 5 or 6 hanging pegs of 1600 point cards, and at least two pegs each of the 4000 pts and LIve 3-month cards. They were hanging on the "accessory wall" in the video game room.

ne 1 been to any the elston 1 in chicago n know if they have any?

gonna try to look for their phone n call but if u know preciate it.

[quote name='serge2k']Just came from the Microcenter in Westbury New york. They had 3 left, i took 2 more and 1 was left. Im sure they will restock them though as i have gone 3 times and they have restocked them every time i come back.[/QUOTE]I actually bought three cards there at around 6PM, and I think there was only like one left on the shelf after that. So I think they actually restocked the shelf between then and the time you got there, so that bodes well!

Interesting that they've actually updated the price tags on these now. They were marked at $25 the first time I picked some up, but on Friday they were clearly marked at $12.99.

Scored three of them at the MN store. The cashier said he thought the 4000 point cards were $15 but when they rang up at $39.99 he said that must have been the Black Friday price they were talking about. Probably not going to happen but an interesting rumor at least.

PM sent. =]

[quote name='tgk2044']If any fellow Ohioans could help me out with a 4000 point card, I'm in the wrong part of the state to get one myself, send me a PM, I'll add a bit of extra $ via paypal as well.[/QUOTE]

Just came from the Fairfax, VA location. There was about 6 1200 pt cards left. There was a fuck ton 4000 pt cards behind the counter priced at 29.99. I wanted to get a price check to verify but there was no one manning the counter. Also there was 2 boxes full of the gold premium packs (3-month gold, 400 pts, and a headset) for 9.99. Sounds like a decent flip opportunity. What's the TIV on a wired headset?

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']No more 1600pts cards in Tustin, CA... if anyone has some extras and is willing to sell me a few plz PM. I grabbed a 4000pts card, even though it's not as great of a deal but also stumbled onto a nice deal they had for the XBL 3month kit for $12.99. The 3month kit comes with 3mo card, 400 MS pts ($5 value) and Headset (which has a GS TiV of $5.25), so you're basically paying less than $3 for your 3mo of LIVE. There were about 10 left at the Tustin store IMHO it's a wayyy better deal than just the 3month card for $9.99.[/QUOTE]
How much was the 4000 point card? Is it still $19.99?

[quote name='jwbrown77']How much was the 4000 point card? Is it still $19.99?[/QUOTE]

No, i wish... unfortunately they were $39.99, which is why it wasn't that great of a deal and I think I'm gonna wait til later this week and see if they get any more 1600's in because I refuse to believe I missed out on such a great deal.

I used the 2 3month kits for my g/f's XBL acct so I'll probably return the 4000pt card and buy 4 more of those to bump us both up to 1yr.

Just went to the Rockville location and bought the rest of what they had. Hopefully they get more soon.

[quote name='finbogg']Scored three of them at the MN store. The cashier said he thought the 4000 point cards were $15 but when they rang up at $39.99 he said that must have been the Black Friday price they were talking about. Probably not going to happen but an interesting rumor at least.[/QUOTE]

That price is the employee price. I was lucky enough to find an employee to buy 2 of them for me. I'm all set for more Beatles songs.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I actually bought three cards there at around 6PM, and I think there was only like one left on the shelf after that. So I think they actually restocked the shelf between then and the time you got there, so that bodes well!

Interesting that they've actually updated the price tags on these now. They were marked at $25 the first time I picked some up, but on Friday they were clearly marked at $12.99.[/QUOTE]

Crap! I just drove by there on the way home. I hope they restock again... I didn't even realize there was a MicroCenter there until today too. So I'm late all around.

If anyone has the ability to pick up extra cards, it'd be much appreciated if you could help me out. I can Paypal the money to you lickety-split. Drop me a PM.

Still just had the 4000 pt cards at the Tustin, CA store last night. As well as the 400 pt, headset, & 3mo subscription for only $12.99

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Going to swing by Fairfax today and see if there are any leftovers. I only really need one to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if they have any left. Thinking about going there later today, but its about a 45 minute drive.

[quote name='Duffz']Let me know if they have any left. Thinking about going there later today, but its about a 45 minute drive.[/QUOTE]

I would drive 45 minutes to load up for sure.... alas I am in WA state and SOL....:bomb: :fridge:

Houston store still has 12.99 1600 cards, and the 40 dollar 4000 point cards. Picked up 3 1600 point cards, and was cheaper than 4000, and more points. wow.

What the hell, I'll throw my hat in as well...

If anyone wants to grab me some 1600 cards, I'll pay a reasonable price for them.

[quote name='Duffz']Let me know if they have any left. Thinking about going there later today, but its about a 45 minute drive.[/QUOTE]
I was at the Fairfax store earlier and they have PLENTY....whoever said they only had 6 left didn't see the big display in the corner that had about 60 point cards (1600)...if you walk towards the gaming department walk to the second opening to get in the department and the rack willbe right in front of you...

[quote name='chilli628']I was at the Fairfax store earlier and they have PLENTY....whoever said they only had 6 left didn't see the big display in the corner that had about 60 point cards (1600)...if you walk towards the gaming department walk to the second opening to get in the department and the rack willbe right in front of you...[/QUOTE]

Are they the big ones in the plastic case, or just the small ones that hang on a peg?

If anyone has or would buy any extra 1600 point cards, I'd pay a little extra for 3-5 cards...

Unfortunately I'm in WA so no microcenters here =/. Just drop me a PM, and thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out!

I know I am late to this party but do you (chilli) mean Fairfax VA? and if so, specifically Rockville?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boedarnez']Still just had the 4000 pt cards at the Tustin, CA store last night. As well as the 400 pt, headset, & 3mo subscription for only $12.99[/QUOTE]

Just left the Tustin store. Nothing new. They've got a lot of everything except for the 1600 cards. And no tax.

Btw, some of the cards have Blockbuster tags. I guess these are coming from closed stores.

[quote name='arbitraryhandle']Anybody been to Mayfield Heights, OH in a while?[/QUOTE]
I was there around noon today, and they were still out of the 1600pt cards.
There were still lots of 3mo Live and 4000pt cards. I even saw 2 12mo Live subscription cards marked at $29.99.

i picked up a 1600 from the mayfield MC a few days ago and left the other on the rack (only two left and i didn't want to be a greedy gamer) i wonder who picked it up. they have plenty of 3monthlive cards for $10

Just a heads up to the folks in Boston - the Cambridge MC has 1600 point cards for $12.99, and the 4000 point cards for $39.99. They have a ton of them in stock.

I picked up a couple, but that was it. The guy behind me in line had like six of them, so they'll probably go pretty fast. Thanks to all of these MS points deals, I've got something like 10000 points I have yet to use.

I picked up 2 of the Starter 3 months kits at the Tustin, CA store for 12.99 and for some reason no tax on these so that was awesome, they had tons it seems they bought out old Blockbuster inventory. Of course no 1600 point cards though.

This makes me happy I picked them up before it hit all over the internet. I wish I had some to sell you guys. Anyone have info on the Columbus MC?

Even then Ill admit I picked up a fair share of M$ cards but didnt keep a lot for myself

[quote name='youenvy']ne 1 been to any the elston 1 in chicago n know if they have any?

gonna try to look for their phone n call but if u know preciate it.[/QUOTE]

Please report what you find.

[quote name='tankass']Anyone check St Davids Pa store? If not Ill stop by there during my lunch break.[/QUOTE]

If you do, please post your findings. I got some cards from them like 2 weeks ago and have been thinking about going back for more

[quote name='gryphter']If you do, please post your findings. I got some cards from them like 2 weeks ago and have been thinking about going back for more[/QUOTE]

Did they have a lot when you were in there? Or was it jsut a few. Ill try to stop by, but if I get too much work, I might not be able to make it. Although if they had a lot, I might be willing to fight the traffic to go after work.

bread's done
Back