Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

wild homes

CAGiversary!
Micro Center is selling Microsoft's 1600 LIVE points cards for $9.99, and the 4000 LIVE points cards for $39.99... I purchased three of the 4000 point cards today, and the cashier _did_ have to get authorisation from his supervisor (apparently they weren't ringing up correctly and had to be adjusted) but all the items DO have sku-correct price tags on them for the above prices and it was confirmed to me that it was not an error. This was at the Houston location.

If this is a repost, I apologise. I don't have time to search it up properly at the moment, on my way out the door.

EDIT: If you are looking to buy or sell these codes, we now have a thread for just that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tankass']Did they have a lot when you were in there? Or was it jsut a few. Ill try to stop by, but if I get too much work, I might not be able to make it. Although if they had a lot, I might be willing to fight the traffic to go after work.[/QUOTE]

I looked back in the thread, I went on 10/10 and posted that there were like 50 left (post #237). Someone posted on 10/14 that they were sold out (post #317). That's the last anyone reported on it here. It's been a week so they probably got a new shipment in, but who knows. Might be best to call them

[quote name='gryphter']I looked back in the thread, I went on 10/10 and posted that there were like 50 left (post #237). Someone posted on 10/14 that they were sold out (post #317). That's the last anyone reported on it here. It's been a week so they probably got a new shipment in, but who knows. Might be best to call them[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, didnt have the time to check all of the previous posts. Ill just bite the bullet and try and go. Ill report back with my results.

finally, paypal account fixed and it seems like there are still a lot of cards left at the cambridge, ma store. so for those of you who don't have a MC nearby but want to get in on the deal, PM me.

[quote name='lulu8585']finally, paypal account fixed and it seems like there are still a lot of cards left at the cambridge, ma store. so for those of you who don't have a MC nearby but want to get in on the deal, PM me.[/QUOTE]

PM'd -- You just might be my new favorite CAG member. I've been looking for someone to do this for a bit now since I have no MC in my state -- or even the states touching TN that I'm aware of.

Houston location? Sweet. I'm heading there this weekend to check out some PC parts, might as well grab some points while I'm at it.

[quote name='180husher']50+ still at Fairfax, VA this morning.[/QUOTE]
Do you have an estimate on how many were 1600 vs. 4000? I'm thinking about going home from school this weekend, and this would be another great reason to do so.

hey all, quick update. i've picked up 9 cards, gave away 3 already. My policy is that I'll only give 3 away per member since there probably a lot of you in need of points and no MC around. I'm in a meeting right now for the next 2 hours but I'll respond to the PM's when I can.

AND

just to clarify, I don't think there are any 4000 pt - $20 deals available anywhere, so I'm picking up the 1600 pt - $13 deal.

I went to the Tustin, CA Microcenter. I only saw 4000 point ones (they had like 20) and a big sticker that said $39.99. Absolutely no 1600 point cards left still. I figured that's $10 off regular prices anyway so I went to check out and, yeah, it really was $39.99 not $19.99. I should've went right away when this thing was posted.

[quote name='arbitraryhandle']Anybody been to Mayfield Heights, OH in a while?[/QUOTE]
Yesterday, nothing new. Plenty of 3 mo. XBox Gold memberships, a good number of 4000 pt. cards, no 1600 cards. The video game dept. guy told me they got no 1600 point cards in their Tuesday shipment. Maybe tomorrow...

I just got back from the Houston location and was talking to the guy in the videogame section about why these were on sale. He said he had no idea and microcenters are even restocking them. He said they were out of the 1600 point cards last week and they now have at least 20 of them. Plenty of 4000 point cards and the 3-month xbl/400 point/headset combos too. I noticed that some of the packages have blockbuster stickers on them so maybe this is just more proof that blockbuster is in trouble. Regardless, we don't have microcenters in West LA, so this is a good work travel situation for me. Thanks, guys.

[quote name='lulu8585']finally, paypal account fixed and it seems like there are still a lot of cards left at the cambridge, ma store. so for those of you who don't have a MC nearby but want to get in on the deal, PM me.[/QUOTE]

damn thats cool of you bro-now if we only had more people like this i mean hell if your going to the store anyway.

me im still trying to find a way to the elston one in chicago. been trying for the last few days.

anyone know if you call theyll actually tell you they have them in stock, and if all of the microcenter have this sale.

Codes received in email just minutes after the PayPal payment cleared.

A true tribute to CAG there lulu8585. I'd help you out with a deal in the future if I could, but don't count on it. All I got within couple minutes drive is a Walmart. Anything more is at least an hour away... It's the thought that counts tho right? :roll:

[quote name='Shadowguitar']Do you have an estimate on how many were 1600 vs. 4000? I'm thinking about going home from school this weekend, and this would be another great reason to do so.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen the 4000 point cards there. 1600 point cards, 3 months Live cards, and the 3 month starter bundles for $12.99, $9.99, and $12.99 respectively.

[quote name='lulu8585']hey all, quick update. i've picked up 9 cards, gave away 3 already. My policy is that I'll only give 3 away per member since there probably a lot of you in need of points and no MC around. I'm in a meeting right now for the next 2 hours but I'll respond to the PM's when I can.

AND

just to clarify, I don't think there are any 4000 pt - $20 deals available anywhere, so I'm picking up the 1600 pt - $13 deal.[/QUOTE]

PM sent :applause:

hey guys, just wanted to update that I'm all out for today. I'll try and make a run tomorrow when I get up but I've already managed to get PM's from about 5 of you. Some people have been asking what's available and so far I've only picked up the 1600 pts cards for $12.99, so let me explain again:

$12.99 1600 MS Pts.
$39.99 4000 MS Pts.

There is no $19.99 4000 MS Pts available at my MC (Cambridge), and I think almost every other MC in the country.

The Cambridge, MA store has been hit pretty hard since I first went there about 2 weeks ago and the stock is down to about 25 or so. I'll make a run in the afternoon tomorrow (1pm EST) to try and pick up another 9 1600 pts cards since that's the best deal, and reevaluate the stock. I don't wanna completely obliterate the store since there are probably still a few CAGs in the area that still want in on this. If there is enough interest (and cards available) I'll make another run for 9 more later tomorrow night (7pm EST).

Okay folks, a reminder. This is the deals thread, this is not where we organize to sell/trade/ et cetera. So Lulu and others who are selling, do not advertise that you're reselling these codes in here. If you want to make a thread in the Trade forum, that's fine. In fact, that would be great.

And yes, I've been reselling a lot of these codes to help out my fellow CAGs as well. But before anyone calls me a hypocrite, I have not been advertising this in the Deals forum, because this isn't the place to do that.

No worries.

I didn't mind when it was just a few folks posting, "if anyone finds an extra, I'll paypal you." When I saw those posts, I figured I and anyone else with extras would PM them with offers. But it's gotten beyond that now. And that's fine, it's great when we help each other out. We just have to do it via the proper channels.

So lulu, if you or anyone else wants to create an official Micro Center XBL code sellers/buyers thread within this sub forum, that would be fantastic.

Just left the St Davids, PA Location. They have a ton of 3 month cards for $9.99, there are 2 3 Month Starter packs for $12.99. (I grabbed one) There are no points cards left. The clerk said he's not expecting more at that price, but he's not sure.

[quote name='whosgeo']Just left the St Davids, PA Location. They have a ton of 3 month cards for $9.99[/QUOTE]
just to let you know, they actually ring up at $7.99, even thought some are marked at $9.99 and a handful are marked at $19.99...

[quote name='wgpfly']This makes me happy I picked them up before it hit all over the internet. I wish I had some to sell you guys. Anyone have info on the Columbus MC?

Even then Ill admit I picked up a fair share of M$ cards but didnt keep a lot for myself[/QUOTE]

Confirmed today they still have 1600 in stock. I'm pretty sure they still have 4000's as well.

was trying to start a ----micro center xbox live trade thread-- as guinaevere suggested but i dont have permission/access to do so.

i actually thought that was a great idea she had-so we could help each other out those who have/live near microcenter stores that have a lot of x box live stuff in stock can help those who dont live near one or whose store is out of stock.

so anyone who could start this thread it would be awesome-im still trying to figure out how to get to the one in chicago/elston by train this weekend--im not really good with directions. so i dont want to risk it with buses. ill probably get lost.

ne way if i go n they have some im buying a crap load of 1,600--make my trip worth it-i only need 4 but hell ill be glad to post extras (if i get lucky) on this new post-i could just send the activation number in an email right?

Sharonville/Cinci sold out of the 1600pt cards as of this afternoon. Only had XBL 3mo cards and a couple of the XBL kits left. Store clerk said he believes they should be re-stocked soon. We shall see.

Mayfield Hts. still has no 1600 pt. cards. The salesperson said they'll *eventually* get more in. I did find three 12 mo. Xbox Gold membership cards for $29.99. I snagged one for myself.

[quote name='youenvy']was trying to start a ----micro center xbox live trade thread-- as guinaevere suggested but i dont have permission/access to do so.[/quote]That's strange, you've been here long enough to create a thread in trade forum, so I'm not sure what the problem is. But I'm too tired to dig into that at the moment. I'll poke around tomorrow or this weekend and see if there's anything screwy that needs to be fixed.

In any event, I created the micro center xbl points buy/sell thread.

im still trying to figure out how to get to the one in chicago/elston by train this weekend--im not really good with directions. so i dont want to risk it with buses. ill probably get lost.
Please don't go getting lost or wandering around chicago just for this sale. It's dangerous around there and really isn't worth risking problems for saving a few dollars.

I wonder if the interest in this thread proves that CAGs will buy anything if its on sale, or if Marketplace items are just 20% overpriced?

[quote name='hufferstl']I wonder if the interest in this thread proves that CAGs will buy anything if its on sale, or if Marketplace items are just 20% overpriced?[/QUOTE]haha, well I don't think it's either, really. This is basically a sale on money, if you buy a decent amount of marketplace content, so naturally the demand is high.

I was at the Micro Center in Chicago (on Elston) yesterday and all they had were some 4000 point cards priced at $40, for an after tax savings of less than six bucks.

I hit up rockville last night. 6th time ive been there specifically to look for pt cards and they've never had any points cards.

Just got back from the Microcenter in Westmont which is out of stock. There's a ton of 3month cards for $10 and started kits (headset, 3mos, and 400 points) for $12.99. I asked the guy working there if they'd get more of the 12.99 1600 point cards but he told me they're done with that now and next time they get them in, will be for full price (-_-).

[quote name='Quetza1']I was at the Micro Center in Chicago (on Elston) yesterday and all they had were some 4000 point cards priced at $40, for an after tax savings of less than six bucks.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:?

I didn't get charged tax when I purchased point cards there.

[quote name='wezzul']Madison Heights store is still out and they don't know when they're getting more...

WEZ[/QUOTE]

are they out of everything including the 3 month kit with the 400 points and the headset.

[quote name='rpgamer92']are they out of everything including the 3 month kit with the 400 points and the headset.[/QUOTE]

I only saw the 3mo cards, not the kits... they also have the 4000pt cards.

WEZ

I was at the MN store (St. Louis Park) today and got 3 1600pt cards for 12.99 a piece. They should have over 10 left in stock. You have to ask though as they have them in a cardboard box behind the counter.

Just got back from the Rockville store. I picked up one of the 3 month kits since I need a new headset. They have plenty more of those available on a high shelf and about five of the 4000 point cards. They are out of the 1600 point cards.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Anyone hit up Tustin lately?[/QUOTE]
If you're looking for 4000 point cards or the Live bundle then you're safe that you'll still find lots in stock. I went early last week and they had a ton of everything just overflowing out of their gaming nook.

Fairfax, VA store *STILL* has plenty of 1600 points cards for 12.99(~20), at least 100-4000 point cards for $40, and around 40 of the 3 month cards, at least.

-m.

For the only one here in Dallas, found the 3 month cards for $9.99 and a couple of the 1600 points for that price all of them behind the counter on their gaming section.

[quote name='rflagg']Fairfax, VA store *STILL* has plenty of 1600 points cards for 12.99(~20), at least 100-4000 point cards for $40, and around 40 of the 3 month cards, at least.

-m.[/QUOTE]

Do they still have the 3 month live kits with the headset?

Whats the hizzy on this, I was not aware they had cards. I'll have to take around some of the retail shops.
smile

Santa Clara has none and I was told they probably won't have anymore at that price. He also told me they purchased a bunch from all the Blockbusters that shut down which is why they were offering them at that price.

[quote name='beerme']Do they still have the 3 month live kits with the headset?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but if they do, they would be in the back-right corner of the gaming section, or just out in front of the gaming section on the right side on a small island with the 1600 pt cards and the other 3 month cards.

-m.

bread's done
Back