Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

wild homes

CAGiversary!
Micro Center is selling Microsoft's 1600 LIVE points cards for $9.99, and the 4000 LIVE points cards for $39.99... I purchased three of the 4000 point cards today, and the cashier _did_ have to get authorisation from his supervisor (apparently they weren't ringing up correctly and had to be adjusted) but all the items DO have sku-correct price tags on them for the above prices and it was confirmed to me that it was not an error. This was at the Houston location.

If this is a repost, I apologise. I don't have time to search it up properly at the moment, on my way out the door.

EDIT: If you are looking to buy or sell these codes, we now have a thread for just that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the Gwinett MC in Ga. Thursday and they had a ton of the $9.99 3 month cards and several 3 month Live kits, but the kits weren't $12.99...they were $6.99 each. I managed to grab two from this guy that was trying to grab them all. Wish I could've scored more to give to cheap friends for Xmas or trade with CAGs. :bomb:

Update from the Overland Park KS store.
I was in on Saturday, still OOS on 1600pt cards.

They still had about a 1/2 dozen of the 4000pt cards, a lot of the 3-month sub cards, and only a couple of the 3-month live kits.

Guy in the department said they aren't slated to get anymore of those closeouts back in stock.

Went to Micro Center in Chicago (on Elston) yesterday. They had about 5-6 3-month cards left for $9.99 and 30+ of the 3-month kits for $12.99. They don't keep the kits in the front, you have to ask for them. I bought 3 of the kits.

[quote name='tonyc1001']Didn't see any point cards.[/QUOTE]

so what you spend like $45 for all 3----thats 3 month-400 point-headset right.

might have to het some.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']does anyone know if the sale is still going on at the cambridge,MA store?[/QUOTE]

Just picked up 2x 1600 point cards for 12.99/ea there

I work at Microcenter (I don't want to say which store(s)) and they are getting these cards from Blockbusters that can't sell them. Random side not if you need a Xbox they have refurbs for $149.99. They are 20 gigs with a headset and controller + a 90 day warrenty.

[quote name='katzd2007']I work at Microcenter (I don't want to say which store(s))[/QUOTE]

Then you might want to remove your "location" from your personal info ;)

is anybody still seeing the $12.99 3-month kits? i have no MC's around me within 200 miles, and would absolutely love it if a fellow CAG could pick me up with. I have PayPal

[quote name='hostyl1']Then you might want to remove your "location" from your personal info ;)[/QUOTE]
+1. Well played. I say that with all respect to katzd2007, as there is a 50/50 shot he works at my local MicroCenter.

Heh, that is true, at least he left the guessing at a 50/50 ratio. :)

I bought two of the cards for $12.99 over the weekend, it looks like there's a lot of Blockbuster inventory that's now at Micro Center stores, it's not just the point cards. I think the 3-month Live cards, some other accessory bundle packs, and likely more, all came from there. I'm guessing this also has to do with the fact that the whole Gamerush thing didn't take off?

When I was at the Columbus store on Sunday, they still had some of these in stock. Either they have a TON of them, or even at $12.99 the point cards don't have the allure they once did.

[quote name='stratmancj']i got 3 at the long island store, all looked to be acquired from blockbuster (old price tags on the cards)[/QUOTE]When was this? When I went last Sunday (the 15th) they said they were all out.

[quote name='whosgeo']Just left the St Davids, PA Location. They have a ton of 3 month cards for $9.99, there are 2 3 Month Starter packs for $12.99. (I grabbed one) There are no points cards left. The clerk said he's not expecting more at that price, but he's not sure.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a half-dozen of the 1600 MS Points cards last Saturday. Sorry about that, but they make for great Christmas presents to my nephews.

i don't know if anyone on Long Island still needs any 1600 point cards, but the MC in Westbury had some 1600 point cards in stock when i was there yesterday. i picked up a handful yesterday afternoon, and there were at least a dozen or so in stock when i left...

There were still quite a few 1600 ($12.99) and 4000 ($39.99) points cards left at the Brentwood, MO Micro Center as of last night. Picked up one 1600 card and will probably go back for at least one more. The guy at the checkout was trying to sell me on the 4000 pointers. :D

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i don't know if anyone on Long Island still needs any 1600 point cards, but the MC in Westbury had some 1600 point cards in stock when i was there yesterday. i picked up a handful yesterday afternoon, and there were at least a dozen or so in stock when i left...[/QUOTE]Thanks, I'll have to check that out! They were OOS last week so it's nice to know they keep getting new shipments.

Has anyone checked the Chicago stores lately? I had written down the item numbers and phone numbers of the stores, but I lost them.

[quote name='MSUHitman']STL location is out of 1600 pt cards. Only a few 4000 pt. left. Tons of 3 mth cards available.[/QUOTE]

The Houston location is exactly like this as well. The guy told me they got wipped out on Black Friday. He had no clue when they would restock. It's sad that this long after that day and they still haven't restocked.

[quote name='MSUHitman']STL location is out of 1600 pt cards. Only a few 4000 pt. left. Tons of 3 mth cards available.[/QUOTE]

Wow, already? They had BOATLOADs of them last time I was in there. Think they will get more?

MSU, what did u think of Micro Center?, I kind of liked the store. I also miss Comp USA so that's probably why.

[quote name='katzd2007']I work at Microcenter (I don't want to say which store(s)) and they are getting these cards from Blockbusters that can't sell them. Random side not if you need a Xbox they have refurbs for $149.99. They are 20 gigs with a headset and controller + a 90 day warrenty.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm well either somewhere near Cleveland or my neck of the woods.

[quote name='destro4eva']Wow, already? They had BOATLOADs of them last time I was in there. Think they will get more?

MSU, what did u think of Micro Center?, I kind of liked the store. I also miss Comp USA so that's probably why.[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask about the point cards, but from what I'm reading here the flow of cheap cards from Blockbuster and/or Game Crazy is probably slowing down.

Yes I did like the store as it's a much more upscale Comp USA and it was very nice, just wish there was one closer to South County. I also picked up a HDD for my PS3 (been needing to upgrade for a long time) and Girls of Gaming Vol. 7 magazine, and got judged by the cashier for it. :oops:

Checked Overland Park, KS over the weekend and no point cards or 3 month live cards. They did however (mysteriously) have 1 Xbox Arcade returned in the clearance section for $127 and 1 Xbox Elite for ~$240-250.

Getting close as Microcenter is running out of cards that bought for cheap in bulk from closing Blockbuster/Hollywood Video/Game Crazy stores.

Only reason I found some cards last week was because I asked and their system showed 7 in stock and we found them buried under 100 3-month Live cards.

bread's done
Back