Microsoft Bait and Switch for New Vegas DLC - Please discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr Dude65']And how am I digging a hole? I would seriously like this explained to me.[/QUOTE]

It'll be clear right after you explain how you're "making ground."

[quote name='Mr Dude65']And how am I digging a hole? I would seriously like this explained to me.[/QUOTE]

Here is you digging deeper and deeper...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']...it was advertised and posted about all over the internet as being 800 MS points upon release. Companies make mistakes all the time, and it is your job as the consumer to stay informed. I honestly don't think you'll get squat. And you rightfully shouldn't. Unless you were completely unplugged from the gaming world, you had seen at some point that the DLC would be $10.[/QUOTE]
There's no reason he should have known what the price "normally" is. Even if he did know, it doesn't matter because it was advertised as FREE. So when he saw FREE, he then knew what the price for this particular transaction was. $0.00. In any rational person's mind, that then ends the agreement. MS has now given him the DLC at no cost. That should have been the end of it.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']And also, here's what no one is getting. He wasn't retroactively charged!![/QUOTE]
If everything is accurate, yes he was. Again the agreement should have ended once he clicked the button to receive it for free. You don't pay for content from the site when you actually download it to your Xbox, you pay for it immediately when you click to buy. Instead he was charged after the fact. Hence: "retroactively charged".

[quote name='Mr Dude65']The fact that you keep doing things like this last bit and the (...) at the beginning and end of your meant-to-be-insulting posts are just red flagging the fact that you're becoming insecure about your position in this argument. It's a common defense mechanism.[/QUOTE]
That sounds like something a psychiatrist might say to make a ptient feel better about themselves. I do the "..." thing quite a bit and that's absolutely not what it means when I type it.

[quote name='Mr Dude65'] And, to the people that say it's not the job of the consumer to stay informed, know this. Consumers have rights. One of those rights is the right to information. Therefore, companies must provide detailed info on their products. Which MS did. Now, it is your right as a consumer to have that info, but you may choose to not be informed, and waive that right.

Now, if the company has done everything correctly, and given the information you have a right to, and you said, "fuck it" and didn't read up on the product, wouldn't you say that you didn't do your job as a consumer, and that there is no fault for the company?[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back