Microsoft Kinect $99.99+tax from Microsoft store after Microsoft emailed coupon YMMV

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I received an email from the Microsoft store for labor day to save $50 off any item $100 or greater.

Was able to preorder Microsoft Kinect for $99.99+tax with free shipping after the unique email coupon code.

I got that e-mail today and canceled my preorder with Amazon. I checked my other account and the e-mail wasn't there. I've only used my primary account to order something from the Microsoft Store so the only people who might be getting the promo code are ones that have bought something from them.

I could be wrong though but my other account didn't have the e-mail and I was signed up to get promo e-mails and the such on that account as well.

Awesome deal if you got it though.

Alright, email worked best. Bought the the new Xbox 360 over the phone for 250 (+20 tax though).

Huh, I just called as was told the following:
1) The code is only for people that purchased something within the last 90 days
2) The code will not apply to preorders
3) Anyone that used the code to purchase the Kinect will be charged the full price for the Kinect since they won't be charged for until the order ships and the code doesn't apply to preorders.

The last 2 items sounded pretty sketchy and I definitely had the feeling that she was making this up because she kept pressuring me to place a preorder now for only $1 and I could cance it later if I wanted.

Will try email now.

[quote name='berzirk']My advice. Kill em with kindness. Maybe it helped that I had an account with them, even though I never bought anything (think I just downloaded MS office demo once, in fact) because the guy mentioned in email that they saw I had an account and suggested that I opt-in for the newsletters (which I thought I had done anyway). Guy I spoke with was Graeme and he was very understanding. Said they don't normally do it, but that they can make an exception.[/QUOTE]

That's the same exact dude I got when placing my order. Really nice guy who was very accommodating and understanding.

Called just a few mins ago and got the deal. Had to ask a supervisor. I registered on the store site while on hold for 2 mins and he approved the deal. Just logged in and my pre-order shows with the reduced price. Awesome, thanks for sharing this deal.

@DarkonJohn

As is often true of the people who work the phones, they are no properly trained, or informed, or have the info in front of them or on occasion have a lack of reading comprehension or are stupid. See the picture below of the Email ... specifically says pre-orders! and Kinect!

KinectOffer

Good thing I checked here first, I almost deleted this newsletter in the morning. I got myself the Legendary Halo Reach =)

Just got off the phone and it's a no go for me - didn't matter that I've been a Technet subscriber for the past 10 years or with Xbox and Live since Launch. I was told that you had to have bought from that particular store within the last 60 days and this promotion was a Thank You for those customers.

So the Toys R Us thing didn't go and neither did this one - I'll take that as a sign. I probably could have pushed and gotten it but I don't want it that bad. Good luck to everyone else!

[quote name='kylerg']Wish I got it. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. Someone pm me if they don't want their code. I'll give you 48 hour x-box live codes for free. I know those are hard to come by:lol:.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Huh, I just called as was told the following:
1) The code is only for people that purchased something within the last 90 days
2) The code will not apply to preorders
3) Anyone that used the code to purchase the Kinect will be charged the full price for the Kinect since they won't be charged for until the order ships and the code doesn't apply to preorders.

The last 2 items sounded pretty sketchy and I definitely had the feeling that she was making this up because she kept pressuring me to place a preorder now for only $1 and I could cance it later if I wanted.

Will try email now.[/QUOTE]

not true I purchase stuff only at XMAS time and they sent me a coupon from Microsoft.

[quote name='gamingdroid']What did you say exactly?[/QUOTE]

I said, it doesn't seem worth it at $150, they said "ya we know, that's why we're offering a limited time discount so it has an impressive looking launch". So I said, even at $100 it doesn't seem worth it. And then he hung up.

No success here, if anyone gets a code and doesn't want it (unlikely), feel free to PM it over here hehe.

I logged in to my account on their site, added a shipping address, and opted in to the newsletter. Now to see if I get emailed one.

If anyone gets a code they don't want, I'd be interested in it. :D

[quote name='J7.']I said, it doesn't seem worth it at $150, they said "ya we know, that's why we're offering a limited time discount so it has an impressive looking launch". So I said, even at $100 it doesn't seem worth it. And then he hung up.[/QUOTE]
Hilarious. :lol:

I was 100% for sure going to buy this at launch. Then i realized, its going to bomb horribly and will be 80 or less in a blink of an eye. So i am waiting. Its going to be a tough wait due to me being a early adopter or tech for games, but this thing is a complete rip off at 100, let alone 150. After people get their hands on it and see how broken it is, of course.

I still want it, badly, but for the tech itself, not because i want to play a single player dance game.

[quote name='jayce75']So the Toys R Us thing didn't go and neither did this one - I'll take that as a sign. I probably could have pushed and gotten it but I don't want it that bad. Good luck to everyone else![/QUOTE]

LOL right? I was in on the TRU thing too. Looks like I'll just have to keep looking for a decent price on Kinect!

i put 2 Halo reach games in my cart and tried the code i got in the mail for kicks. it took one out of the cart and said "only one was availible at that price" so it gave me halo reach regular edition for 9.99 plus tax. im not complaining :)

[quote name='forteblast']I'll be damned, I got an e-mail response pretty fast. Here's what it said:

"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for choosing to email the Microsoft Store. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive your promotion code. I understand the importance of getting the best value for your software, and appreciate the chance to assist you with this promotion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Under normal circumstances, the promotion you mentioned is available exclusively to customers who opted to receive our newsletter upon completing their order. Following your request, however, we are willing to make an exception, and offer the "$50 off" promotion on your purchase.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To that end, I would ask that you provide us with a contact phone number, and a time at which you can be reached, including time zone. One of our specialized agents will happily contact you on this matter, to place your order with the $50 discount. Please note that this offer is only available via our contact team, and cannot be obtained through our standard support line.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In addition, if you have not already done so, I would encourage you to sign up for our newsletter, to take advantage of future offers."[/FONT]

I replied to this, and hopefully, I'll be able to get the Kinect on the cheap.

UPDATE: I just got a call from the same guy who sent me the e-mail. When I asked for Kinect, he chuckled and said a lot of people have been asking for it today. Word gets around, huh CAGers?
I just got my confirmation e-mail so it looks like my $100 Kinect is a go. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I got the exact same form letter email in response to my request yesterday evening. Got the call this morning and placed my Kinect order. I'm so glad they didn't limit this to just the people who got the original email. Thanks OP.

I didn't receive a reply to my email, but a representative called me and assisted me in ordering over the phone. $100 was my sweet spot for the Kinect and now I will have one a few days after launch. Thanks OP.

I also went through with my order - a representative called me this morning and helped me set it up. He made sure to tell me that this was a one time exception. =)

No luck for me, this is the email that I got:

Thank you for choosing to email the Microsoft Store. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a promotion code. I understand the importance of getting the best value for your software, and appreciate the chance to assist you with this promotion.

Jonathan, the promotion you mentioned is available exclusively to customers who have placed an order on our store site before September 2nd 2010 and opted to receive our newsletter upon completing your order. I am sorry however you are not eligible for this promotion since you have not placed an order on our store site www.microsoftstore.com or signed up for the newsletter after placing your order.

In addition, if you have not already done so, I would encourage you to sign up for our newsletter, to take advantage of future offers.

I have no idea who johnathan is so I assume that this is a generic letter. I ordered from them last year (the MW bundle), but because there was a glitch on their website, I had to phone in the order, so I have 'no purchase history' with their website. I also agree with above that the price will likely drop to $99 quickly (hopefully, or maybe they will have a similar deal for black friday).

i placed my order on thursday after i got my email. as least it's not gonna cancel on me like the TRU promo code that i used for the kinect to bring it down to 90. sucks cuz it held my funds from my account for a couple weeks then it cancelled my order saying the promo code does not apply for the kinect even though it went through, they gave me a 10 dollar online gift card that expires 2 weeks from that time but it wasn't worth it since the shipping to my address is almost 10 dollars itself...

[quote name='foley7']i put 2 Halo reach games in my cart and tried the code i got in the mail for kicks. it took one out of the cart and said "only one was availible at that price" so it gave me halo reach regular edition for 9.99 plus tax. im not complaining :)[/QUOTE]

nice move

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Kinect.. lol[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd buy one at any price . . . just more junk in the living room . . . at least until there is a killer app.

I don't think I purchased from Microsoft Store for a long time, but may have before... What is the subject or sender really called?

I receive A LOT of emails. And may need to search in order to find it.

They shot me down, too. The guy with the G name responded to my email saying I was ineligible. Is it better to call them or send a reply email?

Got a second guy to tell me no, and they don't care that I'll never buy anything from them again if I don't get a code...or something along those lines

:)

32v6N.gif

Source:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/video-physics-kinect/703804

p.s. - I still want it =(

What happens if they drop the price to 99.99. I wonder if the coupon will be still valid since the product is not 100.00 dollars.

They honored it for me. I called in and told them I got an email, it was deleted she said "well unfortunately we cannot honor that code" to which I replied "Here's the thing I normally wouldn't make a big deal about this but a couple people I know had it in their spam folder and Microsoft honored it for them, can you pull up my page and see if I have ordered something before? That will tell you if I should have received it" she replied "Good idea! I'll check now" waited 5 minutes she came back on and boom Kinect for $99.

Emailed them on Sunday morning saying that I didn't get a code and I have ordered from them in the past (both true.) Asked if I could be provided a code. Received an email later in the day saying they had tried to contact me via phone but did not reach me (true, I was out all day) and they provided a code and I was able to order online.

It's too bad you have to have purchased from the MS store in the past. I've never had a reason to buy anything from them. There is no way I am dropping $150 on Kinect ever. Hopefully there are enough people like me that will force them to lower the price sooner rather than later.

Sorry to dig up an old, old thread, but I just got my Kinect from the Microsoft Store today and it didn't have the pre-order code in it. Did anybody who got a Kinect from this deal get a code?

I just sent the Microsoft Store an e-mail asking about it. I actually almost forgot about the pre-order code (I actually did completely forget what it was for), but I'll update when I get a response.

bread's done
Back