Microsoft offering $75 Credit to Select Xbox 360 owners for purchasing an Xbox One in July

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
EtaosiB.jpg
ULVaRVb.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851200

Interesting. I haven' let my XBL Gold lapse in nearly 3 years, but I haven't had an xbox 360 for nearly a year, so I obviously can't see if I got the deal. I planned on buying a One this month anyway. Will be nice if I endup getting the credit!

Looks like I'm the only day one buyer that doesn't give a shit about this or any other promotions that have shown up in the past. The entitlement issues some people have is just baffling. This is pretty cool of ms to do for those that may have been on the fence.
Daz, do you think it is more cool of them or panic provoked? They really can't afford to lose those people on the fence and given that the momentum favors the PS4, I think they almost have to do something try to sway as many potential purchasers as possible.

Yes i did choose poorly. I can whine if I want tho and will, deal with it. Doesn't change the fact that many XBOX FANs already bought an XB1 and this kind of promotion just goes to show MS don't care of about early adopters, its all about the here and now.

Guess how many XB1 games i have bought since the 3 launch titles? None. Guess how many i have pre-ordered? None.
I hear you bro. I'm an early adopter too. I've been a loyal apple user since the days of the IIe. I deserve a free iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i did choose poorly. I can whine if I want tho and will, deal with it. Doesn't change the fact that many XBOX FANs already bought an XB1 and this kind of promotion just goes to show MS don't care of about early adopters, its all about the here and now.

Guess how many XB1 games i have bought since the 3 launch titles? None. Guess how many i have pre-ordered? None.
I can sell you a Sega Saturn, a Neo Geo CD, and an Atari Jaguar to add to you collection of wallowing.

You wanted it first so you paid for it and you knew what you were getting into. Cause (early adopter) and effect (pays the most), plain and simple. That is the way it has always been in the video game industry with a single exception.

Are you entitled to Titanfall and Forza as well? I mean, they have been bundled with the system. Why not complain about that too? You knew the price would drop and you knew there would be bundles, every console has them it is just a matter of when. You wanted the instant gratification, paid for it, and are now upset because something better came along. I can whine that all day long...should've bought Apple at $10 in the day.....or Amazon.....or Netflix at 60.....

Now, if you want to complain about Microsoft shafting you buy forcing the Kinect and the $100 higher price, feel free. This promotion is because they are falling far behind on sales, nothing else. Easier to convert the 360 fan base than find new people. The only real way to try to drive it back up to the PS4 sales numbers is with some sort of incentive / price drop again.

Sorry, but I never said I was "owed" anything. I said they should show some appreciation for the customers that stuck with them in spite of all their recent bullshit. That is not to say they have to, just that they shouldn't alienate their most loyal customers.

It's not a matter of incentives. It's a matter of maintaining a relationship with your customer base and not alienating them by making them regret buying your console when they did.

Can't handle an opinion? Get off the internet. You're the one actin' like a bitch here.
Hehehe. You're the one doing nothing but bitching yet you call me a bitch. Forget the pot calling the kettle black, you're the pot calling the snow black. In the infamous words of Adam Orth, #dealwithit.

Hehehe. You're the one doing nothing but bitching yet you call me a bitch. Forget the pot calling the kettle black, you're the pot calling the snow black. In the infamous words of Adam Orth, #dealwithit.
You're adorable.

Do you always get so sore when someone questions the methods of a company, or is that just a Microsoft fanboy thing?

I reiterate: can't handle an opinion? Get off the internet.

Is there really $75 worth of digital content that day one buyers want right now? I'm not talking in the future, I'm saying right now. Are they going to buy the season pass for the games they already played and probably sold/traded already? Buy Madden 25 UT packs? Forza 5 dlc?

Day one buyers should be pissed there isn't more content available. Everyone knew what the first year was going to be, mostly cross platform games available on cheaper previous gen systems with a handful of exclusives. Microsoft should have courted pc content producers to bring their games over along with making Kinect enabled content.

You're adorable.

Do you always get so sore when someone questions the methods of a company, or is that just a Microsoft fanboy thing?

I reiterate: can't handle an opinion? Get off the internet.
You must be confused. I don't like Microsoft and hate the Xbox One. Ever since Microsoft was under the impression that gamers were sheep who would buy anything (you proving their point quite well) when they tried instituting their dictatorship-like practices, I promised never to buy the Xbox One. I just feel like you're missing the point. So I'm going to use small, easy to understand words. This is to get sales, not reward sales. Microsoft wants to sell more. Why would they give free money to people who have already bought their console when they can just give money to those they want to buy it and not give any more?

I retaliate: Can't handle the internet? #dealwithit

You must be confused. I don't like Microsoft and hate the Xbox One. Ever since Microsoft was under the impression that gamers were sheep who would buy anything (you proving their point quite well) when they tried instituting their dictatorship-like practices, I promised never to buy the Xbox One. I just feel like you're missing the point. So I'm going to use small, easy to understand words. This is to get sales, not reward sales. Microsoft wants to sell more. Why would they give free money to people who have already bought their console when they can just give money to those they want to buy it and not give any more?

I retaliate: Can't handle the internet? #dealwithit
Allow me to clue you in on a very basic fact that you are clearly, painfully oblivious to.

Selling a console is not the end-all, be-all of any company's directive when determining their consoles success. Customers must continue to invest in their console for it to become profitable. It's obvious, to anyone with half their wits about them, that Microsoft has almost become synonymous with poor choices when promoting and developing their console. So when you're going to offer these "incentives" out under the guise of "rewarding your customer base", you damn well better expect to have those people that stuck with you through the rough to want some rewards as well.

And as far as #dealingwithit? I can #dealwithit very easily, as I own a Wii U, PS4 and PC to give my future business to, should I choose to.

So now I retaliate and reiterate: Can't handle a difference in opinion? #dealwithit, or get off the internet.

I'm done with your incredibly rudimentary and frankly, worthless "contributions" to this thread. Do us all a favor and f*ck off to some thread where you actually have a stake in the subject, rather than sitting in the dank corner of this one and waiting for any moment where you can try and grab some attention.

Thanks.

My biggest hope right now is just that Microsoft can maintain their customer base while building upon it. That's one of the reasons I feel some rewards for early adopters would help. People can and will jump ship, and Microsoft's boat has been full of holes since the very beginning. They've plugged a lot of them, but some reinforcement wouldn't hurt.

Killer Instinct was the sole reason I bought an Xbox One, but I do intend to buy more games for it... but my PS4's higher install base definitely has me planning to buy all my multi-plats on it.

Day One owners were granted a special achievement.  They should be happy with that.

Daz, do you think it is more cool of them or panic provoked? They really can't afford to lose those people on the fence and given that the momentum favors the PS4, I think they almost have to do something try to sway as many potential purchasers as possible.
I wouldn't say it's panic provoked. It's still so early in the consoles life to be worrying about that right now. Obviously they're doing this to boost sales. MS can definitely afford to run promos like this, so they do. So yeah, I think it's cool of them to run this promo.

This thread is kind of ridiculous since its getting off topic with all the back hand insults, Lets just all agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion on how Microsoft is handling this promotion and treating their "early adopters"

No one is entitled to anything its up to the company but we can all agree that early adopters got shafted in some form (be it overpaying for the privilege to test their "beta" xbone or being forced to buy the kinect with it)  

Only early adopters know the frustration associated with the xbone when it released, it felt like a "Beta Console" to me but they have cleaned it up since.  With that said I dont regret my day one purchase but I understand the hate towards Microsoft from some early adopters.  

MS can definitely afford to run promos like this, so they do. So yeah, I think it's cool of them to run this promo.
Yeah, they can. Remember when MS lost $1 BILLION on the X360 RRoD extended warranty/repairs? Pepperidge Farms remembers.... So $75 off per console for like a few thousand consoles is a drop in the bucket for them.

I didn't get this email but I got a message on my dashboard this morning stating:

Congratulations! As a valued member of Xbox Live, you’ve been selected to receive a free code for Episode 1 of The Walking Dead Season Two game for Xbox 360. Redeem it on your console or at Xbox.com/redeemcode.
Anyone else get something similar?

Wow, the moderators used this topic as their own personal shooting range. Most of the posts were deleted. Mods must be board. Or maybe Cheapy told them to fulfill their quota. Hahahaha.

I didn't get this email but I got a message on my dashboard this morning stating:

Congratulations! As a valued member of Xbox Live, you’ve been selected to receive a free code for Episode 1 of The Walking Dead Season Two game for Xbox 360. Redeem it on your console or at Xbox.com/redeemcode.

Anyone else get something similar?
I did too! I was almost excited when I saw "as a valued member" thinking maybe they decided to inform people through messages about the $75 GC deal but then I read on and saw it was for Walking Dead Season 2 EP 1 :\

Wow, the moderators used this topic as their own personal shooting range. Most of the posts were deleted. Mods must be board. Or maybe Cheapy told them to fulfill their quota. Hahahaha.
Or the mods just don't want people having fanboy arguments in what is supposed to be a deals forum.

Also it's bored not "board".

How about some appreciation for the customers who bought Xbox Ones one day one, despite being weighted down by that $100 brick known as the kinect.
Im a day one owner who would of perferred a kinectless xbox but going in I new I could wait and get it without kinect eventually or get it at launch. I made my choice like every other day one buyer. $100 isnt what use to be and I don't feel cheated at all, ive actually got some use out of it with "record that". Anyone who is serious about not wanting kinect can easily sell there kinects on ebay for $75 easy.

No offer for me. I probably wouldn't have gotten a One anyway, but I have a friend who would have loved to get this. I let my Xbox Account go unused from 10/2010 until 5/2014 lol. I guess they don't see me as a prime person to get the offer
Shit, that's around $240 completely wasted.

Shit, that's around $240 completely wasted.
I wasn't a Gold subscriber during that 4 years. I would have never got rid of my 360 before if I was. That, and I only had $.75 in my Xbox wallet.

In fact, the only reason I got the Gears Slim was because I never played Gears 3 or Judgment. I also wanted Titanfall but wasn't going to spend $500 on a One just for that

Microsoft has confirmed that this offer extends to the UK and Canada in addition to the US. It appears that the first posted pics of the promo just happened to be tailored to the American market.

"This short-term promotion is offered to select Xbox fans in the US, Canada and the UK," a Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer when asked about its availability. "We are always looking for opportunities to bring promotions like this to our customers, but we have nothing further to share at this time."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-09-microsoft-offers-some-xbox-360-users-usd75-rebates-for-buying-xbox-ones

Too bad they wouldn't offer this to ALL of their Xbox 360 subscriber base. I can't really say if they couldn't afford that since technically they're just offering their own store credit. But doing so could dramatically increase the Xbox One's sales figures.

Xenokai said:
= Im a day one owner who would of perferred a kinectless xbox but going in I new I could wait and get it without kinect eventually or get it at launch. I made my choice like every other day one buyer. $100 isnt what use to be and I don't feel cheated at all, ive actually got some use out of it with "record that". Anyone who is serious about not wanting kinect can easily sell there kinects on ebay for $75 easy.
I don't necessarily feel cheated, I knew what I was buying. What I do feel is reluctant to buy anymore Microsoft hardware early.

limelight022 said:
You got it first. That was your privilege.
*sigh*

My business is Microsoft's privilege, not the other way around. Acknowledgment of a customer base that has stuck with you through the rough is hardly a farfetched concept. Nintendo did it recently with their 3DS.

You all need to stop acting like it's some sort of sin for early adopters to ask for some appreciation from a company who is running a promotion that is allegedly a way of "saying thanks."

Hmm i dont see this offer on my brothers 360 account,  is that because he has played on my xbox one?  or am i not looking in the right spot?

"Acknowledgment of a customer base that has stuck with you through the rough is hardly a farfetched concept."

I couldn't agree more. That's why I loved it when Microsoft sent out limited consoles to their loyal customers at the end of last gen.
xboxlive10thconsole-20jpg-70ec2c.jpg
Looking forward to see if they can top that in the next few years.

I don't necessarily feel cheated, I knew what I was buying. What I do feel is reluctant to buy anymore Microsoft hardware early.

*sigh*

My business is Microsoft's privilege, not the other way around. Acknowledgment of a customer base that has stuck with you through the rough is hardly a farfetched concept. Nintendo did it recently with their 3DS.

You all need to stop acting like it's some sort of sin for early adopters to ask for some appreciation from a company who is running a promotion that is allegedly a way of "saying thanks."

Chill the fuck out, put a tampon in and move on.
So you start with a decent premise, follow up with a fair argument, and then throw your argument in the trash with your childish last line. Does everybody who is trying to make an argument have to have such an offensive, explicit statement, or is that your way of trying to solidify your seat at the big boys table? I swear this country is going to hell and nobody wants to do a thing about it. Times like this I wish my parents had decided to immigrate to Great Britain rather than this country.

So you start with a decent premise, follow up with a fair argument, and then throw your argument in the trash with your childish last line. Does everybody who is trying to make an argument have to have such an offensive, explicit statement, or is that your way of trying to solidify your seat at the big boys table? I swear this country is going to hell and nobody wants to do a thing about it. Times like this I wish my parents had decided to immigrate to Great Britain rather than this country.
Tampon. Jam it in there. You're bleeding all over the forums.

bread's done
Back