Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowkast']No but I wish I did. I broke my soundwave in two trying to shove a cassette up his ass. Thought he would turn into the boombox if I did that![/quote]

What's a cassette? :whistle2:?

[quote name='FluxDF']And may, in fact, BE LinkinPrime! :rofl:[/quote]

Nah, I may put up Optimus and Bumblebee but I'm keeping Starscream and Grimlock. I also haven't gotten my shipment...and my userid is LinkinPrime on eBay ;)

snagged Mola Ram and Cairo Swordsman at Wal-Mart tonight for $3 each. Hulk still ringing full price despite being $4.50 on the site a few weeks ago. Anyone have a screencap of that at all?

Finally completed my Transformers set. They seem to be appearing more commonly among the Targets and TRU's in my area.

I visited Toy Wiz's store front today and most of their merchandise is grossly overpriced. $25 for the Logan Mugg? No thanks, I can wait.

Just bought a Galactus Mugg. Wow, he is easily the best of the Marvel Muggs. I think I am going to get a second so I can have one MIB and a second on my desk. Really, really awesome. Might might get a Spider-Man series one.

However I am a bit disappointed with the Surfer Mugg and decided to pass when I had a chance. Loads of Joes, Transformers and Star Wars Muggs in my area now.

[quote name='cochesecochese']
However I am a bit disappointed with the Surfer Mugg and decided to pass when I had a chance.[/quote]

I felt exactly the same way till I budged and bought it anyway ;).

His surf board is pretty cool though as it differentiates himself from the other accessory-less Muggs. Silver Surfer would have been infinitely better if he had the same shiny reflective finish as Destro's dome.

I do still need to pick up Galactus one of these days. Hopefully there will be another Target temp price cut in the near future.

[quote name='FluxDF']What's a cassette? :whistle2:?[/quote]

:lol:

Someone is showing their age.

Picked up Soundwave at Target. Only have the elusive (so far) Optimus Prime to complete the first TF wave.

I bought a Darth Vader from Wal-Mart today.
Are there different Darth Vaders? It's the original design, not the maskless one.
I recall something about 2 or 4 eyes?

And I finally found Destro but it was either him or Fable II LE from Target.
I'll find him again.

ok guys so im new to this whole mighty mugg game. I kep looking at em and i decided to make a splash. I got Soundwave and Optimus Prime.

So my question is.....what are the rare mighty muggs and why are these things so hot right now especially on CAG.

[quote name='knightsdwn']

I visited Toy Wiz's store front today and most of their merchandise is grossly overpriced. $25 for the Logan Mugg? No thanks, I can wait.[/quote]

Ech. The one comic shop about an hour from here had all of that line for around $12.99 or $14.99 each, I forget which. That's a hideous markup you get in comparison though.

I've just been collecting Villain mugs, with an exception to Snake Eyes since he looked Bad Ass.

So far my collection stands at:
Venom (1st)
Cobra Commander
Destro
Storm Shadow
Snake Eyes
Megatron
Soundwave

Passed up a Baroness once to get the TF ones, never seen her since.

Anyone see any landos? I dont have any mighty muggs and Im thinking about picking him up cuz hes my favorite. "Colt 45. It works every time!"

[quote name='integralsmatic']ok guys so im new to this whole mighty mugg game. I kep looking at em and i decided to make a splash. I got Soundwave and Optimus Prime.

So my question is.....what are the rare mighty muggs and why are these things so hot right now especially on CAG.[/quote]
venom........punsher...the SDCC ironman/peterparker are the rareest

boba fett is pretty rare.

[quote name='Furashu']venom........punsher...the SDCC ironman/peterparker are the rareest

boba fett is pretty rare.[/quote]Thor's pretty hard to come by as well.

Thor and Venom are rare, and there are even more rare star wars muggs (boba and vader v1 are kinda rare, storm troopers are pretty rare, Lando, Leia, and Yoda are some of the rarest). Punisher was rare at first, but they've been pumping them out lately, so most TRUs have plenty now. Jigsaw is still kinda rare (since there's only 1 or 2 in each carton), but you can still find him much more easily than any of the other rare ones.

All the SDCCs are reasonably rare since they were only officially sold at SDCC and HasbroToyShop.com. Commander Gree and Fertility Idol SDCCs are easier to find though, then comes Peter Parker, and the rarest is Iron Man.

I would say the SDCC Iron Man Mugg still stands as the rarest and coolest of all the Muggs thus far ... of course, just my personal opinion

[quote name='etcrane']I would say the SDCC Iron Man Mugg still stands as the rarest and coolest of all the Muggs thus far ... of course, just my personal opinion[/quote]

Ah, I did not know that some were harder to find than others. I just assumed they made about the same amount of each.
I guess that explains why no one could find me the Yoda and Iron Man SDCC ones.
Unfortunately, I may have to tell my wife she's out of luck on Yoda! :cold:

[quote name='dv8mad']Ah, I did not know that some were harder to find than others. I just assumed they made about the same amount of each.
I guess that explains why no one could find me the Yoda and Iron Man SDCC ones.
Unfortunately, I may have to tell my wife she's out of luck on Yoda! :cold:[/quote]

There's always eBay.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I received Starscream and Grimlock yesterday...pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

Better keep Starscream away from Megatron. Oh the treachery!

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I bought a Darth Vader from Wal-Mart today.
Are there different Darth Vaders? It's the original design, not the maskless one.
I recall something about 2 or 4 eyes?

And I finally found Destro but it was either him or Fable II LE from Target.
I'll find him again.[/quote]

The "2 eye" vader has a single white dot on each eye
The "4 eye" vader has two white dots on each eye (like the box)

not much difference imho to warrant the price - the 2 eye is rarer (first shipment) I did see a couple for $50 each at one of the booths @ Frank & Sons Collectibles show (LA Area)

[quote name='tinman_licks']saw venom at borders for 20. i passed[/QUOTE]

I got my venom at borders and used a 40% off coupon when it was available and that was like a few months ago. I have yet to see venom anywhere else. Try using a coupon and get it for cheap.

[quote name='HuBu']I haven't seen any Punishers. Is that the new wave?[/quote]

Nope, Punisher & Jigsaw were Toysrus exclusives that came out about two months ago.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I have yet to see a Venom in stores...bought mine from HasbroToyshop when they first came out.[/quote]

I got lucky a few weeks ago and found one at my local target.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Nope, Punisher & Jigsaw were Toysrus exclusives that came out about two months ago.[/QUOTE]

Guess I must make a trip to TRU.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I have yet to see a Venom in stores...bought mine from HasbroToyshop when they first came out.[/QUOTE]

Got mine when they have it again sometime late last year.:D

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Picked up Grimlock and Starscream from Target! They are both awesome![/QUOTE]

They can be found in stores now? Dang...low on budgets:cry:

Where are you guys located at? i called a bunch of target stores around Chicago and none have it the starsceam and grimlock.

WOW 100 pages of recycled goodness. :)

[quote name='ryosnk']Where are you guys located at? i called a bunch of target stores around Chicago and none have it the starsceam and grimlock.

WOW 100 pages of recycled goodness. :)[/quote]

I'm in Delaware (Home of tax free shopping) and saw the exact same amount as the above poster. 2 Starscream and 2 Grimlocks. Well now it's 1 Starscream and 1 Grimlock cause I bought one of each :)

Boo, no Wave 2 TFs here at the Wilsonville, OR store. All they had were a pair of Megatrons, and a Soundwave. They did have Captain Rex and C-3PO though for Star Wars, while just Hulk, Ironman, and Wolverine for Marvel, and Cobra Commander and Duke for Joe's.

I want Starscream, but I don't want to waste a trip to Target.

I think I'll wait until more confirmations come in and they'll for sure be there.

Are the Transformer Muggs all relatively the same in terms of rarity? Is there one out of Wave 1 & wave 2 that's perpetually hard to find? I'm just curious because I don't see them all that often and I'm wondering which one seems the most popular or short packed at the moment.

[quote name='etcrane']Are the Transformer Muggs all relatively the same in terms of rarity? Is there one out of Wave 1 & wave 2 that's perpetually hard to find? I'm just curious because I don't see them all that often and I'm wondering which one seems the most popular or short packed at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Megatron seems least popular in my area as I see him around the most. I think Optimus Prime is most in demand (due to being the face of the franchise) andI don't see him around as much. But none are rare in terms of Venom-like rarity.

picked up Indiana Jones Ciaro Swordsman at Walmart for $3 on clearance Friday morning. Box is dinged up, but I don't care. Now I need an Indy to shoot him in the face. lol.

I've seen the MMs for a while, but didn't want to pop down $10 for a SD Statue, but damn if these aren't cool. I did see a shirtless Darth Maul at Walmart yesterday, is he rare?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryoga79']picked up Indiana Jones Ciaro Swordsman at Walmart for $3 on clearance Friday morning. Box is dinged up, but I don't care. Now I need an Indy to shoot him in the face. lol.

I've seen the MMs for a while, but didn't want to pop down $10 for a SD Statue, but damn if these aren't cool. I did see a shirtless Darth Maul at Walmart yesterday, is he rare?[/QUOTE]

I would say shirtless Maul is pretty rare ... but then most of the Muggs in that wave are ... I kind of regret returning my Revan after I bought it.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but the SW Muggs have been awful in the Bay Area literally all I see are Grand Moff Tarkin and Hoth Han ... and that's it. If anything, this is why Hasbro will limit the line to TRU and most likely eventually drop it. Way too many hit and miss figures that clog up the shelves and stop more in-demand figures from appearing.

That's like the kiss of death for action figure lines, when the same unwanted figures build up over time until literally their section is a selection of 1 or 2 figures.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Hmmmm. Venom is the only Mugg I would pay that much for.[/QUOTE]

Actually had a 40% off coupon but still didn't want it. Just like the Spider-Man ones, Venom doesn't look good. The Custom Mugg of Venom on the other hand is absolute cool.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Picked up Grimlock and Starscream from Target! They are both awesome![/quote]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Saw wave 2 Transformer Muggs at Target today. They had 2 of Starscream and 2 of Grimlock.[/quote]

Finally picked up Optimus Prime on Tuesday. I'll keep an eye out for wave 2. Linkin Prime is also in Socal so, hopefully, I'll start seeing these in my Targets.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Megatron seems least popular in my area as I see him around the most. I think Optimus Prime is most in demand (due to being the face of the franchise) andI don't see him around as much. But none are rare in terms of Venom-like rarity.[/quote]

In my area, Megatron is harder to find (behind OP and SW) and there seems to be an abundance of Bumble Bees. So I think "rareness" depends on the area, for some reason.

bread's done
Back