Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='knightsdwn']Edit: Spoke too soon. Sold out :whistle2:#.[/QUOTE]

Last time they sold out, Hasbro had them back in stock in a matter of hours. I wouldn't say that all hope is lost just yet. This year's exclusives seem to a much larger quantity than in years past.

Does anyone have a War Machine or Cyclops, or is able to pick one up? Bought Iron Man2 SDCC and found a Logan at TJ Maxx, now i got the mugg bug again....sigh.

[quote name='twanky']Does anyone have a War Machine or Cyclops, or is able to pick one up? Bought Iron Man2 SDCC and found a Logan at TJ Maxx, now i got the mugg bug again....sigh.[/QUOTE]

I might be able to trade you either of those for Logan. Or is that Logan for your collection?

[quote name='FluxDF']I might be able to trade you either of those for Logan. Or is that Logan for your collection?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that Logan is for the collection, but if you want to trade i could check if there's another one there, i don't think there was though. However there was 1 phoenix and 2 Sabretooths left.

[quote name='twanky']Does anyone have a War Machine or Cyclops, or is able to pick one up? Bought Iron Man2 SDCC and found a Logan at TJ Maxx, now i got the mugg bug again....sigh.[/QUOTE]

I have one War Machine (not on hold) and a Cyclops (currently on hold until Monday on the MMF).

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Just waiting for my official Deadpool and I'm done honestly.[/QUOTE]

Has there been any word of when this was coming out? I saw they were displaying them at comiccon last year.

I don't think anyone knows anything about when they're coming out. There's a crop of ~10 Marvel Muggs that are stuck in Limbo. Best guesses for most people is that they'll come out whenever there's a movie or such to latch on to.

[quote name='Salamando3000']I don't think anyone knows anything about when they're coming out. There's a crop of ~10 Marvel Muggs that are stuck in Limbo. Best guesses for most people is that they'll come out whenever there's a movie or such to latch on to.[/QUOTE]

...or the next Comic-Con exclusive Mugg.

[quote name='ryosnk']Do any off you have any custom muggs?[/QUOTE]

i actually just got a custom set of TMNT painted for me a couple weeks ago. ill post pics soon

Yes! I just got a bunch in the mail today too! :whee:\\:D/

I have The Rocketeer, Mal from Firefly, Immortal from 300, Repo Man from Repo! The Genetic Opera, Mondoshawan from Fifth Element, Aknot from Fifth Element, Wink from Hellboy and Dr. Zoidberg that's for my brother. I think that's all. I'll be putting together my new shelf tonight (hopefully) and will have them all up and ready for pictures.

Venom Punisher (done by Jeta)
TMNT (Done by Jeta)
Green Power Ranger
Juggernaut
Carnage

that's just to name a few. So many more I'm forgetting.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']Yes! I just got a bunch in the mail today too! :whee:\\:D/

Repo Man from Repo! The Genetic Opera.[/QUOTE]

That is fucking awesome. Nice!

[quote name='GhostShark']That is fucking awesome. Nice![/QUOTE]

Yeah the only downside is that the customizer didn't do a double bladed scalpel. But that's ok; I bought a wooden dowel and should have it done fairly soon. =)

Picked up 5 muggs for 20 bucks got Plo Koon, Ventress, Skrull, Snake Eyes, and Duke.

Going to use Duke and snake Eyes to get a Shaun from Shaun of the Dead and an Invincible made.

Here are my TMNT customs:

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

[quote name='HydroX']That Raph one is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Raph was the last one she painted so he looks the best, but I think they all look good.

[quote name='cdubb1605']Raph was the last one she painted so he looks the best, but I think they all look good.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree, they all look good... but I have a bias towards Raph.

so the mini muggs are technically street dated for next week (10/17) according to the cases... but some people have found target stores that had them out early or were willing to just grab them from the back...

what's the verdict on these guys, for everyone here? you gonna grab them too? not worth the money since they don't 'match' the normal sized muggs? thoughts?

Mini Muggs are appealing, but I'll have to see them in person before deciding. In the meantime, I've been buying these fugly little guys from the supermarket gumball vending machines for 75cents each this week:

marvel-buildable-self-vend-figures.jpg

If you study the contraption, you can figure out which one will dispense next, that way you don't have to waste money on dupes, just go back another day and see which one is the new next in line (a flashlight helps for the yellow/red ones). The only one I'm missing is Wolverine; he and Cap seem to be the rarest of the 6. Overall very nice quality plastic heads/paintwork and heavy vinyl/rubber bodies.

marvel-buildable-self-vend-figures.gif

And no, I don't know what the heck is wrong with Iron Man, constipation perhaps?

I'm interested in Mini-Muggs, but not duplicates of already released Mighty Muggs. If they release new figures, then I'm in probably.

decided to get they mini muggs... they're officially out today, although every target i went to hadn't put them out on the shelf and some had been letting people grab them for at least a week now. if you're interested, and your target also hasn't shelved them yet... just ask someone to pull them from the back stockroom. I had no issues getting the case opened for me.

overall, if you're a star wars muggs fan, you'll probably like these guys too. the smaller size means they're twice as adorable. they'd be great to put on a desk at the office. but still, with such a large collection of the larger muggs already piled up... these guys seem just a tad redundant. really, i just wish we'd have gotten cad bane and ig-88 in the larger size.

the standout set, i think, is the bane/grievous/rex one. if you're on the fence and just looking to get one, i'd get that one. if you're dedicated to OT-only, the yoda/vader/stormtrooper set is good, but since none of those characters are newly mugged, it's a little underwhelming. the bounty hunter set (bossk/boba/ig-88) is basically just three standard muggs with guns. ig-88 is fun since he's all-new, but unless you're a hardcore bounty hunter fan or looking for the full set, this one is pretty meh.

so yeah... mighty mugg collectors who aren't sure about these guys due to inconsistent size... you can probably pass. but that's not to say these little dudes don't have merit. quite frankly, now that we have this first group of 9, if this somehow lets us get more figures and more obscure characters packed in with the series staples... i'd be thrilled to get them all!

I love my bounty hunter set... but I'm a huge fan of the hunters, so it was a no-brainer for me. If I wasn't, it's not really a stand-out set.

$12.99 for a 3-pack. Funny they went public today, I just happened to be at Target and saw 2/3 of them tonight. I had no idea they just released. Here's a pic:

MiniMuggs.jpg

Packaging is nice, looking like 3 individual MM boxes stuck together, but they just don't appeal to me enough to warrant the purchase.

I did, however, snag a sweet little Tron Recognizer Die Cast for $3.99 :) Been wanting one of those for about 20 years now.

Recognizer.jpg

Those Star Wars Mighty Mugs look pretty neat, knowing my local Targets, its going to take at least another week before they get them in.

Still tempted to pick up this lone Baroness that sits at a local Ross. It's been there forever that they priced her at $3.49 and still she sits on that shelf collecting dust.

Just got back from Target, almost left disappointed when I didn't see them on the shelves but then I noticed a Star Wars end cap and there they were. Picked up one of each...they look awesome!

My cousin requested i bring him some of these so I went to the local target by work but couldn't find any :(. I haven't seen him in six years and want to bring him a nice gift.

seriously... if you're having trouble finding them, ask someone to check the back. because they were street dated (for some reason) most stores have had them for weeks. but since there's not any event or deal for the release, a lot of stores simply haven't noticed the street date and never put them on the shelf. when i got mine, the guy opened the case at the stockroom door, gave me my set, then took the other set back into the stockroom without shelving them.

i really don't think stores 'haven't gotten them yet' -- i think many just haven't shelved them yet.

Found 2 out of the 3 on an endcap at my local Target store. I had them in my cart for about 10 minutes before putting them back. I was going to buy them just to support the muggs line of toys, but I figured I already have 68 of the regular muggs and I've already showed my support. The size of this line doesn't really appeal to me anyway.

Saw the Yoda/Vader/whatever pack at my Target sitting in the grocery section that someone picked up and didn't want. Looks neat, but I'm not buying into the mini Muggs.

[quote name='thePhildown']Found 2 out of the 3 on an endcap at my local Target store. I had them in my cart for about 10 minutes before putting them back. I was going to buy them just to support the muggs line of toys, but I figured I already have 68 of the regular muggs and I've already showed my support. The size of this line doesn't really appeal to me anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious, is it mainly because you already heavily invested in the old size? Because my main complaint about the regular Muggs was the size... I thought they were too big to really display, especially with the limited articulation and poses you could put them in. I love these mini-muggs, though. Unlike when they shrunk Marvel Classics to Marvel Universe, these don't lose out on paint apps, articulation, or sculpt.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a one time thing. I only have a few of the bigger Muggs (switching-head Vader, Optimus Prime, Star Scream, Spidey) but I'd pick up a bunch of TF or Marvel minis.

What is a good place to find the last wave of Marvel Mighty Muggs? Been to fair amount of Ross and only came across a box torn Phoenix, was not able to bring myself to buy it.

bread's done
Back