Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of the SDCC Logan at all. I never really was a huge Wolverine fan and it's annoying that he's got as many iterations as Spider-Man. I'm happy about the re-release of the Iron Man though.

Has anyone picked up the Marvel Sofubi from 3age? I got a repainted Iron Man but gave it to a buddy. They're kind of 'chibi' like the Muggs but they're more expensive.

[quote name='zewone']Anyone have a Starscream they're looking to sell? PM me.[/QUOTE]

Last I checked, Wal-Mart.com had him in stock for 12.88 + shipping. 'Course, if you opt for Ship to Store, shipping's free.

And if you think there's been a lot of Spidey's/Wolverines, there looks to be an entire Iron Man line coming soon, with regular Yellow/Red Iron Man, Iron Man Mark III (movie), Iron Man Mark II (movie), and Stealth Suit Iron Man.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Last I checked, Wal-Mart.com had him in stock for 12.88 + shipping. 'Course, if you opt for Ship to Store, shipping's free.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Movie exclusive Transformer mighty mugg??? I guess we can expect an SDCC exclusive Megan Fox mugg?

Also, is it sad that I like the SDCC exclusive Wolverine box more than the mugg?

Found Megatron tonight for $5.xx at Target. Now all I need is Optimus and Soundwave...somewhere.

GI Joes weren't on clearance yet, damn.

Also saw at Wal-Mart Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Mace Windu were $10.00 on clearance.

Went to a K-Mart yesterday and was looking through their Muggs stock. What I found is shocking price for Transformer Muggs. If I remember correctly, the tag was labeled at $18.xx. Just few bucks shy of Urban Outfitter's $20.

I was able to get a Boba fett at my local target. I was surprise since I have been seeing the same muggs for the last couple of months.

About 3wks ago while checking a Target for Mirrors Edge 360 clearance, I ran across a minty fresh Venom sitting there on the shelf.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Nothing special, my Target will NOT cycle new items and so I am cursed with countless grand moffs. At $9.xx I nabbed Plo Koon though, maybe they will at least put out one new SW MM now?[/QUOTE]

If you have another Target in town, buy em up and return them to the other lol.

Toys R Us is running a *huge* Transformers promotion, and both TRU's I have been to over the course of two weeks have been overflowing with TF Muggs... I've seen multiples of every TF released to date, it's been a good mix of Wave 1 and 2.

Tons of G.I Joes as well.

Targets and Wal-Marts here don't have shit... surpringsly, TRU has been where it's at, and it's where I picked up my Soundwave, Megatron, Starscream, and Grimlock.

So yea... if anyone wants to fill holes in a TF / G.I Joe collection, and you have a TRU, head on over. From what I've seen, they restock fast too.

That's not the case where I live. They've had the same duplicates for months now. They're also no restocking the Marvel Muggs once their current selection is gone. SW and GI Joe will get restocked though.

I picked up my first mm's today from

TRU:
All 6 Transformers
JigSaw

Target:
SpiderMan (box is torn :()
Storm Shadow
Snake Eyes

I passed on:
Thing, Wolverine, Iron Man, Doc Ock, Ghost Rider, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Skrull, Vision, Punisher
Mace Windu, Lando Calrissian(box was beat up), Clone Commander Cody, Asajj Ventress, Captain Rex, Han Solo Hoth
Cobra Commander, Duke

Should I get any that I passed on that I may regret later? I will probably go back and get Thing, Wolverine and Iron Man and may bring back Jigsaw.
Any Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Are you collecting or planning on flipping? If you're collecting I'd get that Galactus. Not particularly rare but probably my favorite of all the Muggs. Doc Oc is also awesome but you have to unbox him to appreciate how great a Mugg he is.

Grabbed four GI Joe Muggs today from Target at 7.xx each. Will see if they go down to $5.xx and do a return/rebuy maybe. figures the Target that has Destro and Baroness hasn't gotten around to marking them down for clearance yet.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Are you collecting or planning on flipping? If you're collecting I'd get that Galactus. Not particularly rare but probably my favorite of all the Muggs. Doc Oc is also awesome but you have to unbox him to appreciate how great a Mugg he is.[/QUOTE]
Collecting and possibly trading if something came up.

The Targets in my area have finally begun to clearance out GI Joe Muggs. They are currently 30% off. I'm holding out to see if I can pick up Duke at 75% off.

It's depressing browsing for Mighty Muggs at my local Targets these past couple of weeks. I must have counted a total of a dozen Muggs at three of my Targets and all of them had the dreaded "NCF" tags on the shelves for each type.

I guess TRU is the last bastion of Mighty Muggs for my area at least :cry:.

[quote name='knightsdwn']It's depressing browsing for Mighty Muggs at my local Targets these past couple of weeks. I must have counted a total of a dozen Muggs at three of my Targets and all of them had the dreaded "NCF" tags on the shelves for each type.

I guess TRU is the last bastion of Mighty Muggs for my area at least :cry:.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the same at all Targets. TRU will end up as the only place that stocks MM (other than comic book shops but they always mark up). IMO, buying Mighty Muggs online is not the same as hunting for them B&M. I'll miss that childish glee of finding a MM that you had been hunting for.

Found Starscream today. All I need is Soundwave to complete the Transformers waves. I can't wait for the new G.I. Joes. I hope there's more news soon.
I really want Magneto, and the new Joes.

Went to K-Mart today, and saw that they still had Indy Muggs on clearance. I got Mola Ram for $4.80. The only other one they had on clearance was the Cairo Swordsman. He doesn't do much for me, but I don't have him and at that price I'm tempted to go back next time I'm out and pick him up anyway.

I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think K-Mart is having an unadvertised sale on Mighty Muggs. I checked the price of the ones they had in stock, and they all rang up as "ADV $8.00" on the price scanner.

What I saw there:
Galactus, Doc Ock, Silver Surfer, Human Torch, Obi-Wan, Asajj Ventress, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream.

That brings me to my question: are there any of those that I should pick up if I go back? I'm really tempted to get Galactus or Doc Ock, but I'm also unemployed and probably shouldn't be buying these right now. :oops: If I pass them up, how hard do you guys think it'd be to find them online or to trade for them down the road, once I (hopefully) have money again?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
That brings me to my question: are there any of those that I should pick up if I go back? I'm really tempted to get Galactus or Doc Ock, but I'm also unemployed and probably shouldn't be buying these right now. :oops: If I pass them up, how hard do you guys think it'd be to find them online or to trade for them down the road, once I (hopefully) have money again?[/QUOTE]

In general, I advise you only get muggs you actually want. Once you start picking up muggs just to pick them up (or perhaps they didn't have the ones you wanted), it can become more expensive than one would like, and can kill the enjoyment. So, before you ask "which ones should I get", ask "which ones do I want"

When it comes to rarity, it can be a very very regional thing. I've heard reports of wal-marts flooded with Skrull, while I've only ever seen one (the one I bought). Usually, if I want to know how universally-rare something is, I hit up the assorted mugg selling sites (hasbrotoyshop, toysrus, ebay, bigbadtoystore, entertainment earth), and see if it's in stock/how much is it going for. As far as Galactus and Doc Ock are concerned, you can find Galactus just about everywhere, whereas Doc Ock might be a little harder of a hunt, further down the line. Although, you'll be hard pressed to find either for 8.00 or cheaper again.

[quote name='Salamando3000']In general, I advise you only get muggs you actually want. Once you start picking up muggs just to pick them up (or perhaps they didn't have the ones you wanted), it can become more expensive than one would like, and can kill the enjoyment. So, before you ask "which ones should I get", ask "which ones do I want"

When it comes to rarity, it can be a very very regional thing. I've heard reports of wal-marts flooded with Skrull, while I've only ever seen one (the one I bought). Usually, if I want to know how universally-rare something is, I hit up the assorted mugg selling sites (hasbrotoyshop, toysrus, ebay, bigbadtoystore, entertainment earth), and see if it's in stock/how much is it going for. As far as Galactus and Doc Ock are concerned, you can find Galactus just about everywhere, whereas Doc Ock might be a little harder of a hunt, further down the line. Although, you'll be hard pressed to find either for 8.00 or cheaper again.[/QUOTE]

Good advice. I might swing back to get Galactus and Doc Ock later in the week; it seems like the stock is drying up in my area, so I might as well get them while they're still out there. Spider-Man's always been my favorite superhero (still don't have Spidey himself, but Doc Ock is a start), and Galactus...well, the dude eats planets. How is that NOT cool?

As for the Swordsman...I'm not anywhere near completing most of the waves, but the Swordsman would make for a complete Indy first wave, which would be the first (and only) wave I had all of. He's tempting just because of that.

I know I'm really late to the party here, but Mola Ram looks a lot cooler out of the box than he did in it. :D

In an attempt to contribute something else, all of the GI Joe Muggs I've seen at Target have been hovering at the $7.xx price for a while now. I'd like to get Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander for cheap, but GI Joe was just a little before my time so it's not a huge deal if they vanish before they drop again. Same for Transformers - I was born a few years too late to appreciate the old-school toys. Now, if they had Ninja Turtles Mighty Muggs...

One of my local Targets (Lacey, WA) FINALLY received a stock of the exclusive Star Wars Muggs. I managed to pick up a Snowtrooper. They also had a Shocktrooper, which I already picked up off of eBay, a C3PO, and Rex, both which I've already had for what seems like a year now.

All I need now is a Biggs to finish my Star Wars collection and a couple of the Marvel Online exclusives to finish up that collection. I'm at 54 of these things! (~$540) :'(

[quote name='thePhildown']One of my local Targets (Lacey, WA) FINALLY received a stock of the exclusive Star Wars Muggs. I managed to pick up a Snowtrooper. They also had a Shocktrooper, which I already picked up off of eBay, a C3PO, and Rex, both which I've already had for what seems like a year now.

All I need now is a Biggs to finish my Star Wars collection and a couple of the Marvel Online exclusives to finish up that collection. I'm at 54 of these things! (~$540) :'([/QUOTE]

C3PO was a Target exclusive?

That's where I picked him up earlier in the year (with the remnants of a gift card), but I could swear I saw him in Toys R Us and Meijers a few times, too.

For the record, my current (underwhelming) collection of six:

Darth Vader
C3PO
Wolverine
The Thing
Indiana Jones
Mola Ram

I'm not too interested in either the GI Joe or Transformers Muggs unless I find them for cheap.

Eventually, I'd like to pick up some of the ones that appear to be specialty only; the Wampa looks really cool, and so does Cyclops. Black Suit Spidey would be nice too, but I haven't seen him once, so I'm just going to have to keep looking.

Star Wars Muggs hit clearance today at my Target. 7.** each right now, grabbed up a Darth Revan in half a second when I saw it. I need a damn Boba Fett!

[quote name='georox']Star Wars Muggs hit clearance today at my Target. 7.** each right now, grabbed up a Darth Revan in half a second when I saw it. I need a damn Boba Fett![/QUOTE]

Star Wars and Marvel were both on clearance at the Target I went to tonight. Unfortunately, I didn't see anyone I was interested in for the $7.xx price.

I saw a bunch of Venoms and other Marvels (Galactus, Wolverine) and GI Joe ones at Urban Outfitters clearanced at $10 as part of their "yard sale".

Found an endcap stockpile of Muggs on clearance for $7.xx at a non-local Target today. Revan, Biggs, Ewok, maskless Vader,shirtless Darth Maul, Shock Trooper, C-3P0, Stormshadow, & Cobra Commander were the highlights.

After putting them all down, I picked up Green Eggs and Ham Tag book for $10 :)

I have to admit, I was very close to getting the Shock Trooper (for the 2nd time). If I actually knew who he was in the Star Wars Universe or had even an ounce of connection to him, I would probably buy him. Or if it was less than $5.

My even more underwhelming Mugg collection:

Classic Iron Man
Wolverine
Soundwave
Destro

There's a spot for 1 Star Wars mugg in there, but I was kind of saving it for Jango Fett. (and I regret buying Wolverine, I knew I should have stuck to one per universe)

After driving around to further targets to find the muggs I am looking for my local one started carrying the target exclusives.

Is there a site or an image that truely shows off the metallic optimus that is going to be at SDCC 2009?

I recently discovered upon might mugs through my good frin modernday and omg I love them so far in a little under a month i'm up to 11 but I do take them out of the box I cant restist, so I have
Luke SkyWalker-Wave 2
Han Solo-Snow Suit
IronMan
The Thing
The Punisher
Darth Revan
Bummble Bee
Indiana Jones-Brown Hat
Doc Ock
Cairo Swordsman
Cobra Commander

and just today I purchased a Galactus and I left it sealed to trade on here so if any one is interested in it I will glady trade it for anything I find interesting, because i'm not trying to get all the mighty mugs just ones I think look badass or cool lol, I have mine all lined up on display and I will soon take a picture and post it on here, so let me know if anyone would want to trade for Galactus still sealed and let me know what you have and would wanna trade, thanks!!! :)

I just started to get out of it and Shaner had to pull me back into the Mighty Muggs universe.

My collection consists of...

Storm Shadow
Shock Trooper
Darth Revan
Venom
Darth Vader (1st edition)
Cobra Commander
Iron Man

I could really go without all of those ('cept for Vader) as long as I got a Yoda. I really want a Yoda/Vader MM faceoff scenario. haha

All the times I passed on Spider-Man/Black Costume Spider-Man and Wolverine .. now I'm regretting it, 'cause I can't find those anywhere.

Yesterday, I went to a Target that had all MM on clearance at 30% off. They had Biggs, C-3PO, Dooku, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Shock Trooper, Snow Trooper and Bossk. I usually only see Hoth Han, Tarkin and GI Joe Muggs on clearance. This was also the first time that I've seen Marvel MMs on clearance. This Target had their lone Silver Surfer on clearance.

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']just got three gi joe muggs for $2.74 each![/QUOTE]

Way to elaborate. ;)

Went to a Target today, and the remaining GI Joe Muggs had been marked down to $2.74. The only ones they had left were Duke and Cobra Commander; I didn't have either, and left with both. :D

I'm not a huge GI Joe fan, but the Muggs did look pretty awesome (Cobra Commander in particular). If I can find Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow for cheap, I'll probably pick them up too - who doesn't like ninjas?

The Star Wars and Marvel lines were the same remnants that had been there for a few months - Thing, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, Tarkin, and Han Solo in his Hoth gear. They were NOT marked down to the $2.74 price...which is a shame, since they had three or four of Iron Man left and I haven't picked him up yet. Given how long the Joes stuck around, here's hoping he's still there in another week or two when their price drops too...

bread's done
Back