Minecraft - Who else is playing?

Finally picked this up since the beta moving up lit a fire under my ass. Kinda disappointed there isn't more to the game itself, since I like Dwarf Fortress more for making things out of blocks. Exploration is pretty fun though. Spent a few hours crawling around a gigantic cave system in singleplayer. Here's hoping that the future adventure mode turns it into a bit more of a roguelike, since the world generator and engine seem excellent for it.

[quote name='option.iv']That means the price went up as well...[/QUOTE]

Still kicking myself that I missed out. Guess I'm never playing this game now :cry:

[quote name='option.iv']I was going to host, but there just isn't enough interest.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested. I'd set one up myself but I'm not sure how to run a minecraft server with the port forwarding and whatnot.

heck, I'll should be able to put one up by the end of next weekend if no one else does....although Cox does change my address every couple of months. I'm fairly tied up until then...and what free time I have goes to working out, entertaining a 4 year old, and a bit of relaxation....and I need to get my "server" updated and functional again.

Please bump if there is still interest. Oh, and I will not put my IP address in here....you will need to post and I will send you a PM. First time I see the IP address posted anywhere, it goes down. Sorry, but I don't need to advertise to script kiddies.

Interested in a CAG mp server bump. I must say my first shelter/fortress is going great. Gonna model the door after a skull. After I finish my fortress I plan on building a two story house. Pictures to come.

I might check out the MP server from time to time, I don't play a ton, but my brother just picked it up as well and it'd be an excuse to play something with him too. :)

[quote name='Spanky']Interested in a CAG mp server bump. I must say my first shelter/fortress is going great. Gonna model the door after a skull. After I finish my fortress I plan on building a two story house. Pictures to come.[/QUOTE]

that sounds like me when i was 6. i liked building forts and castles out of pillows.i dont get the appeal of this game.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']that sounds like me when i was 6. i liked building forts and castles out of pillows.i dont get the appeal of this game.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a guy named Maxim2boobies is too grown up for this game guys.

It's weird, when I play singleplayer I mostly just mine and collect resources and don't really build anything. In multiplayer I basically NEVER mine for resources beyond the bare minimum coal for torches/furnaces and enough iron for a bucket or two. Need to get the nether running in multiplayer, that'd give me a reason to try to get some obsidian at least.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']that sounds like me when i was 6. i liked building forts and castles out of pillows.i dont get the appeal of this game.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why you can't begin your first word in a sentence with a capital. Or why you come into a Minecraft thread only to talk shit about someones plans in the game. If you don't like the game STFU and stay out of the thread:wall:

[quote name='gbpackers94']we really need to setup a multiplayer server[/QUOTE]

I would like to start a server with some people. Build a city or something would be cool.

Just got the game for as X-mas gift, just sucks I dont have a computer to use it. lol (broke 3 months ago) Any one know how long beta going to last?

So any volunteers to set up a server? I've been talking to my brother about setting up one so I'll see what goes on there but other then that who else is able to host one?

Just fired up minetography for the first time and i find this:
WTF.jpg
......what

[quote name='gbpackers94']Just fired up minetography for the first time and i find this:
WTF.jpg
......what[/QUOTE]

My best guess: Minetography doesn't display fire, the lava lit one of those trees on fir which proceeded to burn up the whole place. It's probably still on fire if you go there.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']My best guess: Minetography doesn't display fire, the lava lit one of those trees on fir which proceeded to burn up the whole place. It's probably still on fire if you go there.[/QUOTE]

*on my way there to check it out now*

EDIT: Yep, that was it. AND ITS SPREADING

[quote name='moojuice']Holy crap. Can't offer any help, but how about an in-game screen shot?[/QUOTE]
How do you do that? All I know how to do is print screen and that doesn't work in game.

[quote name='moojuice']Holy crap. Can't offer any help, but how about an in-game screen shot?[/QUOTE]

WTF3.jpg
Time to start a new world :lol:

Has anyone started up a Server?

Got a new job and will be moving and for a period of time I wont have my 360, ps3 so my laptop will be my only gaming machine So I will probably playing alot of minecraft for the next few weeks.

Just got it and was clicking on a tree to chop it down for over 2 minutes. How long does it take to chop one down? I was told you had to do it by hand.

No I was not holding it down. I found that out about 20 minutes after I asked. guess it all resets if you don't hold it down.

I stopped playing this game due to the sole fact that everytime I'd get a good structure going and finally start building up some materials from digging deep into caves my computer would freeze up completely. I would have to force shutdown and then after I booted the computer up again and logged into minecraft my world would be deleted. My computer is more then capable of running this game. Does anyone else have this issue?

I can't remember what happened, but a friend of mine had something major fry on his computer while a friend was showing him Minecraft stuff on it.

Not sure what the deal is with that game.

Sorry to double post, but I'll be willing to set up a server. At least give me a day and I'll set it up. Though I'll probably have to make it whitelisted so as to deter any griefers and what not.

Also, if we could pick a certain CAG night, we could spelunker together or whatever.

If it does come to that, I would like to start a new thread for Minecraft.

Also, if anyone is digging the music, here is the bandcamp page of C418. Free to listen. Real good stuff.

http://c418.bandcamp.com/album/minecraft-volume-alpha

edit: Okay, the minecraft server is up, just pm me for the server ip and your minecraft username. If I get enough interest, I'll make a new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made some ladders today but can not seem to place them on anything. I right click and left click and nothing. Can they not be placed on everything?

Think I saw online it only works on wood blocks. I was able to get it but I had to look at it from the side.

[quote name='sendme']Think I saw online it only works on wood blocks.[/QUOTE]
Unless it got bugged up in a recent update, that should be false. I had a bunch of ladders in my stone castle in one of my first worlds

I'm on I think 1.3 and the site I read it on could have been talking about an older update. I will check again later. Also it was early so chances are I could have read it wrong. Wood blocks are all I could get it to work on though.

bread's done
Back