Minecraft - Who else is playing?

I have ladders all over my castle, which is cobblestone. So I'd say try again in a different spot.

Also, do we have a dedicated CAG server? I've been poking through random servers off the minecraft forums but haven't really found one I like.

[quote name='testisbest']I have ladders all over my castle, which is cobblestone. So I'd say try again in a different spot.

Also, do we have a dedicated CAG server? I've been poking through random servers off the minecraft forums but haven't really found one I like.[/QUOTE]
I had a server up and running...

But no one bothers to keep up in this thread and there is not enough interest. So no.

I started playing again well multiplayer anyway. My gf put up her own server and well it's great fun :D. I love this game. Also I am loving that mod that allows you to fly around the minecraft world, forgot the name but it's awesome.

Someone pm me if someone makes a CAG server. I get my other PC soon and I'll put one up if no one else does.

I just got this game and am addicted. My server will have "Best penis" contest for the best constructed penis.

Bought a few months ago. Best $10 I've ever spent (I bought a code on Ebay). My friends and I set up a dedicated server, sure is fun.

I'm eagerly awaiting the patch that adds achievements. The biggest problem I have with the game right now is lack of structure, and a set of achievements to work towards will help a lot.

I don't play PC games, and am strictly a console gamer, as I find it very expensive to keep a machine up to date to play all of the good games. Also most of the PC games I'd be interested in would require a monthly fee which I don't want to pay. However I recently came across several youtube videos of a user playing this game called Minecraft. I am EXTREMELY interested in this game as it seems any computer would be able to run it.

I had a hard time finding information about this, but did find the main page for the game. I guess my question is, is there any way to try this game out before you pay the 15 pounds to buy it? Any information on this game would be greatly appreciated as I really want to play it, and would probably end up buying.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp - You can play Minecraft Classic at that link, which is basically a big boring sandbox.

For survival (Monsters, items, minecarts, basically everything that's not terrain) you'll have to buy the game, but it's pretty damn fun, you should just buy it.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, it looked really interesting. I'll probably pick it up this week. It will literally by the first PC game I've bought in about 12 years.

(I also see you are a Battlestar fan, which makes me value your opinion even more!!!)

I hate that I have to get an Xperia play now.

If I set up a classic server would anyone be interested in playing with me? I love co-op gaming.

Having played a little of both MineCraft and Terraria, I found Terraria got old faster. Once I gotten some gold armor and explored a bit I felt no reason to go repeat the same steps for the same gear just +1 versions of it. I think leveling would have adding more to the game. That and keeping all my gear if I change worlds just removes any replay. I can start over but I'll be god-mode from the start? Meh. Minecraft at least for some reason just has a little more going for it. Not much, but a little more. This genre isn't really my thing though I'm finding. I need goals.

Well guys, I've been trying to figure out how to create a server for awhile now with no luck. Sorry. I don't know why it has to be so complicated. I wish I could get one going.

Got this game yesterday and have spent almost eight hours on it already (not to mention the time spent on videos and the wiki).

My only question is why isn't there more activity in this thread? I thought I'd see a bunch of people talking about all the stupid shit they've done. Here's hoping this game doesn't get old quick.

[quote name='Indignate']Got this game yesterday and have spent almost eight hours on it already (not to mention the time spent on videos and the wiki).

My only question is why isn't there more activity in this thread? I thought I'd see a bunch of people talking about all the stupid shit they've done. Here's hoping this game doesn't get old quick.[/QUOTE]
Everyone is too busy playing.

I'm waiting for more game to get added. You can only make giant stone dicks so many times before you wish there was more to life.

I think the survival pvp servers are really fun. Going out and trying to find the prefect spot for your base and hiding it well enough so some raiding party doesn't stumble across it.
I found it fun trying to establish the perfect base. As small as it could be (to avoid detection) yet large enough for ample farming and whatnot. Self sufficiency is key IMO

I saw a video for a survival-ism mod that adds hunger, thirst, energy and limited re-spawns. I wasn't too fond of the limited re-spawns but supposedly the next update was going to add something when you die you get a gravestone and you get to spawn as a descendant of that person and you can even return to where you died to find you stuff as well as the grave site. I think that's awesome, it adds more challenge to the game and also keeps it a little more lively.

Here we go, http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/349163-166ssp-survivalism-v144/page__hl__survivalism not sure if what I mentioned has been added in yet or not.

I tried to set up a server awhile back but never could figure it out. If CAG gets one set up I would definitely play on it.

Setting up a server isn't too hard. I've done it before. The problem is hosting it. I can't do it off my PC, and I'm unwilling to pay for a server myself, especially not knowing how many people might actually play on it.

Is there a CAG MC server or what servers are recommended? I know a while ago in this thread there was a little talk of putting together a server. I think a number of cags will get this game on the B1G1 this weekend.

I tried making a CAG server and never got it to work it was confusing as hell. I don't know why it can't just be "click this to make a server"

inb4 smartass remarks like "it's easy, you're dumb" :lol:

I cant believe how much time I am dropping into this game. I think 1.8 is going to be coming out this week. Very excited for this. Wondering what server updates there will be and if it will retro fit on current worlds.

The 1.8 beta beta was just released, what are everyone's thoughts? I think the new biomes are great, as well as the new fighting mechanics (critical hit, sprinting knockback, etc.) I haven't run into any of the new terrain features yet (river, village, ravine, stronghold, and mineshaft) but the new Enderman mob is a fun addition. As long as you can see them, they can teleport to you if you look at them and look away.

Anyway, here's the download links. Just copy the minecraft.jar into your .minecraft\bin folder (make a copy of your original one if you want to revert) and start the game.
client version: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft.jar
server version: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft_server.jar

Played the Pre-Release a lot this weekend. Setup the server and had four people in working on both new and old maps. I really like the new BIOMs and the new raised BIOM heights. Hope the bugs get worked out soon and we get a full release.

I saw a bunch of the new biomes and those were cool. The towns are pretty awesome, though it makes the houses i usually make look crappy. I havent seen an enderman yet, but I've seen plenty of poisonous spiders.

I just bought Minecraft a few weeks ago, and I'm totally lost. Should I stick with the previous version, or DL the newest update?

Did anyone ever set up a CAG server?

Is there such a thing as a NOOB server? lol.

If you have mods, don't get the new update, it will ruin them. However, if you don't have mods, then you have nothing to worry about.

I'm noticing a lot of lighting bugs. The stonebrick steps have a darkspot when they're against another block, chests often blink between black and normal, same goes for signs and my character's arm.

1.9 Prerelease is out. Added NPCs to the towns, but they dont DO anything really. I guess 1.10 is coming out soon too... Notch must be chugging the caffeine or something.

Alright, so I'm thinking of putting up a server again. This time it'll stay up 24/7 or at least during peak hours.

If anyone is interested pm (or post in here) me your minecraft username (I will be using a whitelist) and I'll pm you the ip address.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']Alright, so I'm thinking of putting up a server again. This time it'll stay up 24/7 or at least during peak hours.

If anyone is interested pm (or post in here) me your minecraft username (I will be using a whitelist) and I'll pm you the ip address.[/QUOTE]

I'll be down for that. Username is the same as it is here.

Hey, guys, unfortunately I have to hit the hay. But I sent each of you the ip address. So I'll leave you guys in charge of starting up the place.

I'll stay on for a couple minutes in case you guys have any problems.

bread's done
Back