Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='LuisRM']I was going to go for the 40gb with GC at WalMart, but the 80gb has so much more to offer. And I can wait if I don't get it.

80gb has: dual shock controller vs. sixaxis
emulation for BC vs. none
MGS game vs. none
2 extra slots (I forget if it's memory card readers or what.)

I'd like to have the BC since I sold my PS2 a while ago, just in case.[/quote]

[quote name='Demolition Man']So besides this one being an 80 gig system and coming with MSG4.... what's so special about this PS3?

:lol:

Forgot to switch out my avatar here on CAG with my new Becks/Donovan one.[/quote]

The above sums it up. Anyone wanting to buy 1 now is most likely buying mgs4. So you pay $40 more to get a daul shock which is a much better controller than sixaxiis, bigger hard drive, and emulation for backwards compatability. Your best bet to get 1 will be to hit wally world supercenters at midnight. If you don't get 1 there and you really want one get to best buy early and wait, they are supposed to have 10 per store. This fact alone tells you the 80 gig bundle may be a little low in numbers initially.

On another note has anyone seen any target's with the cheap clearance 360 and ps3 games?

[quote name='rmb']...On another note has anyone seen any target's with the cheap clearance 360 and ps3 games?[/quote]

My nephew works in Electronics at Target, I heard that they put out the clearance stuff on Thursdays, but I'll double check. He did say they had recently found some old PS3 games in back and that they were $7 and $14 (I forget which ones), but they went fast.

Does anyone trade games at blockbuster? I was wondering about this as I finally saw a store advertising this.

does all Blockbusters in the Twin Cities trade games? I never heard of this out of Blockbuster before.
I was going to trade in some 360 games today to get in with this extra $10 trade-value for 2 games.
I wonder where I would get the best prices.

Anybody have any luck getting their $100 off 80GB PS3?
I've been at work all day and didn't get up early enough to try a line.

[quote name='nasum']Anybody have any luck getting their $100 off 80GB PS3?
I've been at work all day and didn't get up early enough to try a line.[/quote]

I live/work out of Eagan, and went to BBY to get my copy of MGS4 + guide (free. price match from CC). I saw a woman buy a MGS4 bundle and price match Walmart's offer.

The girl who rang me out said it was a corporate mandate to match Walmart's deal, so if they have them in stock, you shouldn't have problems getting one at Best Buy.

Not an amazing deal by any means but I was able to pick up Viewtiful Joe 2 for the GameCube for $9.99 at K-Mart in Burnsville today, they had 3 more copies.

Anyone know of Wii Fits on the shelves? I'll admit that I haven't done much hunting, but in the little bit I've done I haven't been able to find one. Assuming they're hard to find.

The wife just announced that she wanted Wii Fit, which I didn't see coming as she's not much on the video games and the playing of the video games and the enjoyment and har har har. So I figure I got to strike while the iron is hot.

[quote name='HeyBeerman']given another IOU for father's day ... any idea where to look for Mario Kart (Wii) ?[/quote]

linky
Use that link to enter the dcpi # to check target's inventory, I found mine last week with it when everyone was supposedly sold out. It works pretty good.

As far as wii fits go on Thursday last week the Roseville best buy had a pile of them at 10 am when I was there. I am sure they are gone but just check in stores in the week.

The Northtown Best Buy also had a TON of this last Tuesday. They are more than likely gone at this point however. I think the demand will die down a LOT faster compared to the Wii itself since Nintendo is really sending these things to stores. It shouldn't take you long to find one. Good luck.

[quote name='dothog']Anyone know of Wii Fits on the shelves? I'll admit that I haven't done much hunting, but in the little bit I've done I haven't been able to find one. Assuming they're hard to find.

The wife just announced that she wanted Wii Fit, which I didn't see coming as she's not much on the video games and the playing of the video games and the enjoyment and har har har. So I figure I got to strike while the iron is hot.[/quote]

If you go to the Game Crazy on White Bear Ave and 36 in Maplewood they will put you on a list and call you when its your turn. I was on the list a couple of weeks ago and they called me on Thursday and told me to come and pick it up. There is no deposit required and I am not sure if this is at all Game Crazy's or not.

I am looking for a "deal" on this super huge pizza that was featured on the Half Assed Morning Show on 93X:

2730259.jpg

Anyone know of the local place that supplied them with those monster pizzas?

The Maplewood Bestbuy had a deal in the game section. If you purchased a console (360, PS3, or DS) you can pick a select game for 50% off. They also had a deal if you purchased any two video game accesories you can get 50% off select games. I got two 1600 Microsoft point cards and got the GTA IV Special Edition for $35.00. The list of games are as follows:

Devil May Cry (360 Regular and Limited Edition)
GTA IV Limited (360) $69.99/$34.99
Stranglehold (360 Regular and Limited Edition) $29.99/14.99
Geomotry Wars (DS) $19.99/$9.99

They had more, I just cant think of them right now....

[quote name='rmb']linky
Use that link to enter the dcpi # to check target's inventory, I found mine last week with it when everyone was supposedly sold out. It works pretty good.
[/QUOTE]
When you say "everyone was supposedly sold out," you mean that other CAGs told you Targets were sold out but the ASIN checker told you otherwise, right? I talked to some local Target clerks and they said new stock is typically gone within 6-7 hours of being put on shelves. I'm just wondering if new stock will even register on the ASIN checker if it's only around for 6 hours. But I'll keep checking...

[quote name='Demolition Man']The Northtown Best Buy also had a TON of this last Tuesday. They are more than likely gone at this point however. I think the demand will die down a LOT faster compared to the Wii itself since Nintendo is really sending these things to stores. It shouldn't take you long to find one. Good luck.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting. I figure I'll find one before the week's out. All the clerks I talk to (at either BB or Target) say there's no regular day that new stock arrives--it just shows up unexpectedly and they shelve it. This process would be a touch easier if I had a day of the week I could focus on to expand my search.

[quote name='Davestation']If you go to the Game Crazy on White Bear Ave and 36 in Maplewood they will put you on a list and call you when its your turn. I was on the list a couple of weeks ago and they called me on Thursday and told me to come and pick it up. There is no deposit required and I am not sure if this is at all Game Crazy's or not.[/QUOTE]
That's not a bad option. I'll put my name on the list just in case I come up dry in making the rounds.

Thanks everybody!

[quote name='dothog']When you say "everyone was supposedly sold out," you mean that other CAGs told you Targets were sold out but the ASIN checker told you otherwise, right? I talked to some local Target clerks and they said new stock is typically gone within 6-7 hours of being put on shelves. I'm just wondering if new stock will even register on the ASIN checker if it's only around for 6 hours. But I'll keep checking...

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting. I figure I'll find one before the week's out. All the clerks I talk to (at either BB or Target) say there's no regular day that new stock arrives--it just shows up unexpectedly and they shelve it. This process would be a touch easier if I had a day of the week I could focus on to expand my search.

That's not a bad option. I'll put my name on the list just in case I come up dry in making the rounds.

Thanks everybody![/quote]
Target had the b2 games get another free last week in the ad. Mario kart was 1 of the choices that you could buy. Obviously they sold out on sun. I went looking on mon. am and every store was sold out and they had called around. The next day I checked stock and stores that had said sold out were showing in stock. I immediately went to a store and got it. I believe it was a tues. So maybe today is the day to check on picking this up.

BTW Roseville Best Buy has a bin of games b1g1 free. Though I would order some of those gamefly deals if you don't already have some of those games.

Also Blockbuster takes trade ins and told me they always have. Time to start trading them in there when their trade values are not up to date with current pricing.

[quote name='rmb'] I went looking on mon. am and every store was sold out and they had called around. The next day I checked stock and stores that had said sold out were showing in stock. I immediately went to a store and got it. I believe it was a tues. So maybe today is the day to check on picking this up.
[/QUOTE]
Sounds good. It's not showing as in-stock on the checker anywhere right now, but once it pops up I'll make a run for it. Thanks again for that link.

EDIT: I just talked to someone at the Roseville BB and they said that all incoming Wii Fits are going to be held so that they're put on the floor en masse to coincide with Sunday ads. Hmm.

EDIT #2:
So I've been closely following the Target DCIP checker link and two Super Targets near me, one in Richfield and one in West Saint Paul, have both showed up as having stock "Available" in the last 16 hrs. When I first noticed the change I immediately went to Richfield and they didn't have any in stock. I asked if they had any Wii Fits in stock that day and they said no, not to their knowledge. Then early this morning the DCIP checker indicated that WSTP still had stock "Available," and since it was on my way for work, I dropped by their first thing in the morning when they opened. Again, no dice, and no indicators that they ever had stock to begin with.

So I am highly skeptical of your link, rmb. I appreciate that it could be useful, but so far it's screwed me twice. I think the lesson I learned is that if the DCIP checker shows stock, CALL AHEAD.

[quote name='HeyBeerman']cool site, but .... what is the DCIP for Mario Kart (Wii)?[/QUOTE]
You can also use the ASIN from amazon.com.

EDIT: So I just got my Wii Fit from the Richfield Super Target. The DCIP Checker linked to by rmb was right this time around...if you're using it, though, I suggest you call ahead as it's definitely not 100% reliable.

Also, beerman, the Richfield ST had 8 Mario Karts in stock when I was there about an hour ago. Good luck!

FYI, if anyone is still interested or missed all the great Amazon deals for the Halo 3 legendary (w/helmet), Best Buy in Eden Praire had at least a couple for $60.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution for the PS2 is $1.99 at the Best Buy in Rochester, there were like 4 copies still last night.

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundles are in stock at Targets, I checked Maplewood and Stillwater and each of them had been restocked. Get them why you can!!

Got a postcard for PlayNTrade in Bloomington. They're having an anniversary sale. Deals as follows:

Friday June 27 - Sunday 29
New games $5 off
Used games 28% off
Buy 3 or more used get 35% off

Tournaments
Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit June 29
Halo 2 July 26
Madden 08: July 26
Tekken 5 Aug. 9
R6V2. Aug 23

I remember finding some good deals there. The 35% off is a pretty good one.

I just got back from the Best Buy in Apple Valley, got Flatout Ultimate Carnage and All-Pro Football 2K8 as part of their 2 for $10 clearance table. Also picked up DiRT for $19.99 (it was in their half off clearance section). Other notable games in the half off area were Blue Dragon ($14.99, should I have gone for it? I'm not an RPG fan really), UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 (also $14.99)... there were a couple others but I can't remember what they were.

[quote name='LuisRM']Do all Best Buys have that? I don't recall seeing one at Eden Prairie. AV is too far to go for that deal.[/quote]

All of them do not, but Apple Valley frequently has a clearance section. Its worth checking out if you're in the area.

Finally scored Mario Kart today - Supert Target Edina @ opening.

Funny thing ... I didn't realize WiiFit was such a big deal. There was a line of soccer moms all jacked up about the game; not for the kids, but for themselves. They only had 10, and a couple in line asked for two tickets, I thought those denied were going to rush them.

[quote name='One4Deuce']All of them do not, but Apple Valley frequently has a clearance section. Its worth checking out if you're in the area.[/quote]

I was at MOA today and my tomtom said that I was only 10 miles away from Apple Vallet Best Buy. They did not have anything that caught my eye but the Target next door had American Idol (360) w/ mic. for $12.48. Also, that whole shopping center kind of seemed ghetto, I hurried back over across the river after dealing with horrible drivers in that area.

Does anybody know if there is a used bookstore/videogame/DVD/music store in the Twin Cities, I moved here from Phoenix and looking for a store like that (like Bookman's if any CAG's are familiar with the Phoenix area). I do not mind travelling.

Hlaf-Price books in St Paul(Highland area), Maplewood, Coon rapids, Roseville, St Louis Park(or Golden Valley, i forget)

and of course Apple Valley...in the Rainbow shopping center right across the street from the SuperTarget/BB plaza...

And you better get used to the drivers. They're terrible all across the Metro Area

[quote name='Davestation']I was at MOA today and my tomtom said that I was only 10 miles away from Apple Vallet Best Buy. They did not have anything that caught my eye but the Target next door had American Idol (360) w/ mic. for $12.48. Also, that whole shopping center kind of seemed ghetto, I hurried back over across the river after dealing with horrible drivers in that area.

Does anybody know if there is a used bookstore/videogame/DVD/music store in the Twin Cities, I moved here from Phoenix and looking for a store like that (like Bookman's if any CAG's are familiar with the Phoenix area). I do not mind travelling.[/quote]

Half Price Books is a good place for video games, books, CDs and DVDs.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I am looking for a "deal" on this super huge pizza that was featured on the Half Assed Morning Show on 93X:

2730259.jpg

Anyone know of the local place that supplied them with those monster pizzas?[/QUOTE]

Premier Pizza
651-777-1400
located in Oakdale

I think that is what it goes by these days. Could be Randy's Pizza or Premiere Pizza. Not 100% sure what it goes by currently but that is the place. I used to work there about 10-15 years ago. The pizza is the best! Try the cheese bread there, I like it with extra garlic and cheese, soooo awesome! Also recommend the Minnesota Deep Dish, pricey but incredible.

[quote name='manthing']Hlaf-Price books in St Paul(Highland area), Maplewood, Coon rapids, Roseville, St Louis Park(or Golden Valley, i forget)

and of course Apple Valley...in the Rainbow shopping center right across the street from the SuperTarget/BB plaza...

And you better get used to the drivers. They're terrible all across the Metro Area[/QUOTE]
Are you in Apple Valley?

Hey fellow twin cities dwellers, I have a random question for all of you. I have lived here for about a year, so I am somewhat familar with the area. I need a decent mechanic shop to fix my car, it is acting up lately, but I don't know any good mechanics, so any suggestions would be wonderful. Any suggestions of places to avoid would be great too. My car is a 2000 Toyota Celica in case anyone is looking for that info, thanks.

[quote name='aphu9876']Hey fellow twin cities dwellers, I have a random question for all of you. I have lived here for about a year, so I am somewhat familar with the area. I need a decent mechanic shop to fix my car, it is acting up lately, but I don't know any good mechanics, so any suggestions would be wonderful. Any suggestions of places to avoid would be great too. My car is a 2000 Toyota Celica in case anyone is looking for that info, thanks.[/quote]

It really depends WHERE in the twin cities you are, but if you're near Fridley/Columbia Heights:

http://hagekobany.procarcarezone.com/topshop/web/web_template/temp3/contact.asp?id=137614

Hage Kobany is the only place I take my car to get work done -- and I live 40 minutes away now. I know the owner - very principaled man. I actually do most of his computer maintenance, at least when things are on fire. I trust the shop without question. There may be slightly cheaper places, but if you want a place that won't jerk you around/try to get you to do unneccesary things, I swear by this place.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BattleChicken']It really depends WHERE in the twin cities you are, but if you're near Fridley/Columbia Heights:

http://hagekobany.procarcarezone.com/topshop/web/web_template/temp3/contact.asp?id=137614

Hage Kobany is the only place I take my car to get work done -- and I live 40 minutes away now. I know the owner - very principaled man. I actually do most of his computer maintenance, at least when things are on fire. I trust the shop without question. There may be slightly cheaper places, but if you want a place that won't jerk you around/try to get you to do unneccesary things, I swear by this place.[/quote]

I suppose it would help to list where I live, right now I live in IGH but I work on the east side of St. Paul, so anywhere near those two areas would be great. I appreciate the input and if I can't find anywhere else, I can trek up there. Thanks.

[quote name='aphu9876']I suppose it would help to list where I live, right now I live in IGH but I work on the east side of St. Paul, so anywhere near those two areas would be great. I appreciate the input and if I can't find anywhere else, I can trek up there. Thanks.[/quote]

Hage Kobany does loaner cars, so keep that in mind if its work that would take a day or two

[quote name='Davestation']I was at MOA today and my tomtom said that I was only 10 miles away from Apple Vallet Best Buy. They did not have anything that caught my eye but the Target next door had American Idol (360) w/ mic. for $12.48. Also, that whole shopping center kind of seemed ghetto, I hurried back over across the river after dealing with horrible drivers in that area.

Does anybody know if there is a used bookstore/videogame/DVD/music store in the Twin Cities, I moved here from Phoenix and looking for a store like that (like Bookman's if any CAG's are familiar with the Phoenix area). I do not mind travelling.[/QUOTE]

Apple Valley seemed kind of ghetto?

Man, then I must live in the slums.

10 miles? Sounds more like Burnsville than Apple Valley, which would make sense since that's an ugly BB, the CC over there is even worse.

Good point, I wasn't sure what he was talking about with the Best Buy in Apple Valley, its a very nice location and the area is very far from "ghetto"... the Burnsville location has a much more run-down feeling to it. The area around the Apple Valley location is actually quite nice. Like whiptcracker said, if the Apple Valley store area felt "ghetto" I really live in the slums.

Has anyone checked out the Toys R Us in Richfield/Bloomington (whatever city that is considered) for the clearance sale? I'm going to check it out tomorrow hopefully.

Just went there tonight...

I got the last copy of :360: N3

There were about 2 copies each left of :360: Shadowrun and Godfather

Around a half dozen :ds: Magical Starsign marked %8 so probably around $6.20

Also a bunch of GPS systems were on clearance

[quote name='nasum']10 miles? Sounds more like Burnsville than Apple Valley, which would make sense since that's an ugly BB, the CC over there is even worse.[/quote]

Wow, I did not know that there was another BB by the Mall of America. My tomtom is kinda lame, but it was the Apple Valley Store we where at. Here is the route I took from MOA. But yeah, that Super Target and Best Buy where right next to each other and I did not notice the Circuit City across the street. I just wanted to get out of that place before I would get shot. It reminded me of West Phoenix, only without the Mexicans. I will check out Burnsville next time I am in the area if I do not have the family with me. Thanks for the info, and sorry if you took offense to me calling Apple Valley Target and Best Buy Ghetto. Those stores are just so old and you can see where they painted over the graphitti on the buildings. Also, thanks to whoever posted that half priced books store, I will check them out.

[quote name='Davestation']Wow, I did not know that there was another BB by the Mall of America. My tomtom is kinda lame, but it was the Apple Valley Store we where at. Here is the route I took from MOA. But yeah, that Super Target and Best Buy where right next to each other and I did not notice the Circuit City across the street. I just wanted to get out of that place before I would get shot. It reminded me of West Phoenix, only without the Mexicans. I will check out Burnsville next time I am in the area if I do not have the family with me. Thanks for the info, and sorry if you took offense to me calling Apple Valley Target and Best Buy Ghetto. Those stores are just so old and you can see where they painted over the graphitti on the buildings. Also, thanks to whoever posted that half priced books store, I will check them out.[/QUOTE]
I'm honestly baffled. There is no Circuit City across the street from the Target and Best Buy. Also, not sure what you're referring to as far as where the graffiti was painted over. I cannot recall ever having seen graffiti in the area, especially on the businesses. And LOL @ feeling like you might get shot. If you felt unsafe in that area you must live in some sort of ultra-exclusive gated neighborhood because there's absolutely nothing even remotely dangerous about the Apple Valley area. No offense taken, I just think you might be insane. :)

[quote name='One4Deuce']I'm honestly baffled. There is no Circuit City across the street from the Target and Best Buy. Also, not sure what you're referring to as far as where the graffiti was painted over. I cannot recall ever having seen graffiti in the area, especially on the businesses. And LOL @ feeling like you might get shot. If you felt unsafe in that area you must live in some sort of ultra-exclusive gated neighborhood because there's absolutely nothing even remotely dangerous about the Apple Valley area. No offense taken, I just think you might be insane. :)[/quote]

Sorry, I got confused by nasumes post. I guess the Circuit City is at the Burnsville he was talking about. Next time you are at Target look on the Blue pillar and you will see that it was painted over. I am sure that there is more, but I was too busy ducking while I was driving away. I live in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin, its not like Wisconsin is the Serial Killer Capital of the States or anything. Well I gotta go and kill a kitten and bathe in its blood, see ya weirdo!!!!!!

Does anybody know if there is a used bookstore/videogame/DVD/music store in the Twin Cities, I moved here from Phoenix and looking for a store like that (like Bookman's if any CAG's are familiar with the Phoenix area). I do not mind travelling.[/quote]

I have never heard of Bookman's, but that sounds a lot like Half Price Books. There are a few stores in the area. There is one in Coon Rapids, Crystal, Saint Louis Park, and Apple Valley. I know that there are a few more in the area too (not sure exactly where). I hope that is what you were looking for.

[quote name='Davestation']Wow, I did not know that there was another BB by the Mall of America. My tomtom is kinda lame, but it was the Apple Valley Store we where at. Here is the route I took from MOA. But yeah, that Super Target and Best Buy where right next to each other and I did not notice the Circuit City across the street. I just wanted to get out of that place before I would get shot. It reminded me of West Phoenix, only without the Mexicans. I will check out Burnsville next time I am in the area if I do not have the family with me. Thanks for the info, and sorry if you took offense to me calling Apple Valley Target and Best Buy Ghetto. Those stores are just so old and you can see where they painted over the graphitti on the buildings. Also, thanks to whoever posted that half priced books store, I will check them out.[/QUOTE]

I probably have more risk being mistaken for a deer and shot by some drunk uy in the vast wilderness of Wisconsin than you have at being shot in Apple Valley. Unless that place went to hell recently. You gotta head up to the twin cities sometime.

Anyhow there's Half Priced Books in WI as well, check out their website http://www.halfpricebooks.com/find_a_store.html it's a great place for used books, though some of their video game prices are dumb. $8 for one of the BK Games?

There was also a place called CD Warehouse, but it appears to have been taken over by Mega Media Xchange and has various locations in some of the suburbs. I've seen them at Brooklyn Center (which if Apple Valley freaked you out, stay away from), Roseville and Coon Rapids. Not sure about the southern suburbs. They have some decent deals on CD's, older games, and movies.

bread's done
Back