Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='armagth']I jumped on a CE of Saint's Row 2 for $29.99 at the Richfield BB yesterday, but now I'm thinking of returning it if the game itself is going for $10...[/QUOTE]
Where is this game $10? If you are referring to the Apple Valley post, that was for Saints Row 1, not SR2.

[quote name='no_exit']Was in Wal-Mart EP this morning and noticed this was only $19.97 - there were two copies.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='manthing']It's only $30 at the Edina Best Buy[/QUOTE]

All gone before I arrived. :(

If anyone else sees the game on sale I would greatly appreciate a PM.

[quote name='iflabs']All gone before I arrived. :(

If anyone else sees the game on sale I would greatly appreciate a PM.[/QUOTE]
Should have sent me a PM. I stopped by on my way home today and there was at least one at the Edina BB.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Should have sent me a PM. I stopped by on my way home today and there was at least one at the Edina BB.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep you in mind. It's a killer 40 minute drive from Blaine to Edina. We are talking about the BB right by Southdale mall right? I checked the PS3 game section and there was a nice empty space between "Hawx" and "Iron Man" so I figured it was bought out.

[quote name='no_exit']Where is this game $10? If you are referring to the Apple Valley post, that was for Saints Row 1, not SR2.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. And I see it's being marked down to $29.99 this week for the game itself, so not a bad deal at all. When I left there were two other copies available.

[quote name='iflabs']I'll keep you in mind. It's a killer 40 minute drive from Blaine to Edina. We are talking about the BB right by Southdale mall right? I checked the PS3 game section and there was a nice empty space between "Hawx" and "Iron Man" so I figured it was bought out.[/QUOTE]

It is in a separate little mobile shelf with other clearance games, most marked 50% off. I liked it better when it used to be 75% off everything. Maybe again someday.

[quote name='PapaSmerf'] I liked it better when it used to be 75% off everything.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Where else was I gonna get a copy of :360: Madden 09 En Espanol for $7.50?

:whistle2:(

[quote name='iflabs']All gone before I arrived. :(

If anyone else sees the game on sale I would greatly appreciate a PM.[/QUOTE]
I was at the Edina BBY last night and there were still 5 copies available.

PM Sent.

Picked up Valkyria Chronicles for $30 at Coon Rapids Best Buy yesterday. They have a shelf of orange dotted items in the 360 and PS3 aisles. The sales people had no idea what was going on, but the 360 shelf said all orange dot items are 50% off. Some of the items won't even ring up, they've been "deleted" from the system. There were a few more Chronicles and miscellaneous other stuff (some crap, some pretty decent like Condemned 360).

Anyone want to help me take advantage of the Target buy 2 get 1 PS3 game deal??? I want inFamous but that's it. Anyone thinking about getting a couple games? Would love for someone to help me out here :) Thanks!

[quote name='One4Deuce']Anyone want to help me take advantage of the Target buy 2 get 1 PS3 game deal??? I want inFamous but that's it. Anyone thinking about getting a couple games? Would love for someone to help me out here :) Thanks![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind a $35 inFAMOUS.

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']Resistance 2 Collector's Edition $29.99 at the Best Buy in Blaine, checked yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Grab me one!!! I'm in uptown Minneapolis and can't make it to Blaine for at least a week.

Took advantage of the Ninja Blade price drop to $19.99 at the Northtown TRU today. They looked to have another three or four behind glass.

has anyone tried the B2G1F thing at target, but matched it at best buy and had success? I'm going to try to best buys today and see if they do.

Lakeville Target has probably 2 dozen copies of Guitar Hero III for $7.48. I was able to score Afro Samurai for $14.98, they had 1 other copy. Lots of Prince of Persias (probably 10) at $14.98

Similar situation at Ridgedale/394 Target: tons of Prince of Persia at 14.98 and GHIII at 7.48 (both 360.) They had a few FEAR 2 (360) at 34.98. No Afro Samurai. 1 Transformers Animated DS for 20.98.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Oh yeah, the Fridley store also has 14.98 Afro Samurai. 4 copies left yesterday.[/QUOTE]
2 left on afro and 1 PoP today, grabbed 2 afro and a PoP today, along with a $10 high school musical dance game for the daughter

For those unaware there is a store a couple miles south on the east side of central called discount70. They get alot of what appears to be target clearance games and stuff from costco, sam's, etc. Couldn't see the price but most likely $32.00 for fable 2 CE. They 3-4 copies. Lots of other games as well. Every now and then you find a great deal but alot of them are overpriced. They also have a pile of those logitech bluetooth keyboards for ps3 for $26.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Lakeville Target has probably 2 dozen copies of Guitar Hero III for $7.48. I was able to score Afro Samurai for $14.98, they had 1 other copy. Lots of Prince of Persias (probably 10) at $14.98[/QUOTE]
I picked up a copy of Prince of Persia at this Target this morning. It's also worth noting that the Best Buy across the street had a couple of clearance deals going on--4 for $25 on specially marked 360/PS3/Wii games, and I think 5 for $25 on certain PSP/DS/PS2 games (I didn't look at any of those, though). I picked up The Club, The Incredible Hulk, and Mercenaries 2 (x2). The cashier had to override all four, but it was fairly painless. Most of the games were things like Golden Compass, NFL Head Coach, MLB Front Office Manager, Spider-Man 3...I don't have an exact list, but it's worth checking out if you're in the area.

[quote name='MAGfuz']has anyone tried the B2G1F thing at target, but matched it at best buy and had success? I'm going to try to best buys today and see if they do.[/QUOTE]

No problem price matching at the Brookdale Best Buy. Used it to pick up Virtua Tennis 09, which Target doesn't carry. They also had an in store special, $39.99 for the Endwar headset bundle.

[quote name='rmb']

For those unaware there is a store a couple miles south on the east side of central called discount70. [/QUOTE]

I swear, weren't they located right on Central and Lowry?

Has anyone found anything good at Walmart lately?

I found DBZ: Burst Limit and Motorstorm 1 for $15 each but was too cheap to pick them up, lol.

the walmart by me doesn't really do clearance, occasionally they might have some random peripherals for ps2/3/wii on clearance but that's it, and no psn cards or anything...so i just don't bother checking wally anymore.

Bizarre clearance day at the Roseville location. PoP 360 is still $29.95.

I thought I had read that House of the Dead: Overkill for the Wii was cheap but it was still $35 or so clearance.

[quote name='Idx86']Bizarre clearance day at the Roseville location. PoP 360 is still $29.95.

I thought I had read that House of the Dead: Overkill for the Wii was cheap but it was still $35 or so clearance.[/QUOTE]
you talking target? If so that store is real slow tomark down crap.

[quote name='rmb']you talking target? If so that store is real slow tomark down crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the one. There was also serveral non-clerance copies of Far Cry 2 sitting around.

Did anyone get out to Target today? I spent $100 at lunchtime on games that dropped from 30% directly to 75% off. This was one copy of each title, 8 in all, so this was crazy, since, as I lamented on the Target Clearance thread, they had been stuck at 30% for over a month almost everywhere in the area. The one title I did not see (and they were there days ago) was Left 4 Dead. I wonder if that jumped to 75% and hit $12.48. I already own it, but a friend had me keeping an eye out. Overall, it seems like someone got to every store I usually check after work sometime earlier. There were a few titles such as MK vs DC and PoP left, but no L4D or FEAR2.
Particularly happy I picked up LocoRoco 2, StarOcean: Second Evolution and Saints Row 2 all at 75%. PM me if you want to know where I left copies of Secret Agent Clank, LocoRoco2, NFS Undercover(360), PoP and MK vs DC.

EDIT: Also gone were BK N&B, the PSP doublepack. Guess I was lucky I found one store with some good titles left. I hit 5 stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the Hudson store and I just wanted to get Wheelman PS3 for $14.98 since I missed it at the Fridley store on Memorial Day. It finally dropped with all the games you listed Smerf, but I did not see Star Ocean I will look later, got everything else I wanted though.

I picked up the 360 version of Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for $20 at the Inver Grove Heights Best Buy. PS3 version is still full price, though.

Lakeville Best Buy had a 4 for $25 on 360, Wii and PS3 games... I got Virtua Tennis 2009 (yes, the one that came out in June), Top Spin 3, NFL Tour and Mercenaries 2. Not bad for $25, IMO.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I picked up a few extra copies of Left 4 Dead. If there is a local CAG who missed out, PM me.[/QUOTE]

PS3 or 360?

Don't go to the Plymouth GameStop if you plan to return anything, I think they are run differently or something because the employees all wear uniforms and they only would give Store Credit for the returns I made. Not sure if it was just my luck, but I wouldn't trust em.

Another note, the GameStop in Brooklyn Center takes manuals out of the cases, so always check before passing on a game because of nothing in the case.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I picked up a few extra copies of Left 4 Dead. If there is a local CAG who missed out, PM me.[/QUOTE]

PM sent for L4D

All remaining copies have been spoken for. If one falls through, I'll post again.

[quote name='nasum']PapaSmerf is a stand-up guy, I'll vouch for that. If I knew how to give iTrader points I'd give him a +1[/QUOTE]
Yup, I can vouch for him too.

bread's done
Back