Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Went to the Eden Prairie HWV this morning to look for some $4.99 games. The dude working said that a couple of clowns stopped in Monday night and said they were hitting all of the HWV stores between Minneapolis and the SW suburbs, cleaning every one out. Needless to say, there was nothing but garbage left on the selves this morning.

The Oak Park Heights HWV got a shipment in from a GameCrazy when I was there. The manager let me pick from the pile. There were some quality titles including Gears of War, GTAIV, Mercenaries 2, Saints Row, Devil May Cry 4, and Bioshock for 360. A couple of PS3s were SOCOM Confrontation and Resistance FoM. He is getting another shipment in tomorrow that added a Fight Night 3, but was more of the same as today's. Sorry I can't remember more, but it was the first store of many tonight. All other stores were hit pretty hard. I hit several stores (mostly E & N). My best pickups were MGS4, Lost Odyssey, GRID and a sealed SOCOM (cutout). The manager at OPH said he looked at the sales for the district and he sold the most, with WSP second. WSP was a wasteland today at lunchtime. I got zero there.

Hit nearly every HWV on Monday night after work, and didn't find much of what I wanted:)ps3: Socom and MGS4)

Most every store was stripped of the 'good stuff' for 360 and PS3, with there being more good 360 titles than PS3 games.

I only ended up picking up 2 games for myself and 3 games for other CAGs.

[quote name='no_exit']Went to the Eden Prairie HWV this morning to look for some $4.99 games. The dude working said that a couple of clowns stopped in Monday night and said they were hitting all of the HWV stores between Minneapolis and the SW suburbs, cleaning every one out. Needless to say, there was nothing but garbage left on the selves this morning.[/QUOTE]

I heard from the EP HWV that happened on Monday morning afternoon. That's also how I found out there was a HWV in Chanhassen.

The one nearly Fridley had some stuff left, but not much. Picked up Battlefield: Bad Company and some I was on the fence about like Tomb Raider: Legend and TNA Impact.

Don't bother by the U of M, the selection there was gutted.

Hey nasum, the one near Fridley had a couple of copies of Army of Two left.

Target in West St. Paul has FEAR 2 (360) for $25, and Riddick (360) for $30 (I think) There were some other game on clearance, not many though. It was hard to find, it's located in the corner of the books/PC games section

[quote name='whiptcracker']The one nearly Fridley had some stuff left, but not much. Picked up Battlefield: Bad Company and some I was on the fence about like Tomb Raider: Legend and TNA Impact.

Don't bother by the U of M, the selection there was gutted.

Hey nasum, the one near Fridley had a couple of copies of Army of Two left.[/QUOTE]

still a couple army of 2 left as of noon today, not much else. Grabbed the last gears of war along with condemned2

[quote name='kevin82485']Target in West St. Paul has FEAR 2 (360) for $25, and Riddick (360) for $30 (I think) There were some other game on clearance, not many though. It was hard to find, it's located in the corner of the books/PC games section[/QUOTE]
When did you see these? I could have sworn FEAR2 was $12.48 on Monday. I went back today and they were gone.

I heard that in honor of the MN Vikings signing Brett Favre all Gamestops in MN will be selling refurbished 20gb PS3s for $700. No warranty, but aleast you be able say you own one.

[quote name='LuisRM']FYI, Kmart in Minnetonka is closing. 20% off games, 10% off systems. They still had lots of ps3's and xboxes. I picked up a lcd tv for a steal.[/QUOTE]

Any other K-Mart locations in Minnesota closing?

[quote name='BigRedWhat']I heard that in honor of the MN Vikings signing Brett Favre all Gamestops in MN will be selling refurbished 20gb PS3s for $700. No warranty, but aleast you be able say you own one.[/QUOTE]

What's a brett favre?

[quote name='iflabs']What's a brett favre?[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to this guy.....

brett-favre-vikings.jpg

Bret Favre.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I think he's referring to this guy.....

brett-favre-vikings.jpg

Bret Favre.[/QUOTE]

That is a great picture. He should not be Viking, but that is a great picture!

Has anyone been finding any good deals at Wal-Mart? I'd like to pick up Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds and have heard its going for $30 or less at some Wal-Marts, haven't seen it at any that I've been to.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']We have a Hollywood Video at the U of M? Damn. Wish I was up there this semester. :p[/QUOTE]

Or was it a Blockbuster? o_O

[quote name='One4Deuce']Has anyone been finding any good deals at Wal-Mart? I'd like to pick up Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds and have heard its going for $30 or less at some Wal-Marts, haven't seen it at any that I've been to.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a copy on here for $22 shipped and returned my $30 best buy copy. I was pretty stoked to find out Kratos made it into the game.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Has anyone been finding any good deals at Wal-Mart? I'd like to pick up Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds and have heard its going for $30 or less at some Wal-Marts, haven't seen it at any that I've been to.[/QUOTE]
Not new buy you can get it for just under $30 used at gamestop using the ps3 20% off coupon +10% edge discount. Or find any 3 other games for 40 to maximize the b2g1 going on. Probably find a minty complete copy this way easier than driving all over the cities for a $30 copy from walmart.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']We have a Hollywood Video at the U of M? Damn. Wish I was up there this semester. :p[/QUOTE]

Yup, at 5th St and 14th Ave in Dinkytown.

[quote name='iflabs']Or was it a Blockbuster? o_O
[/QUOTE]

No blockbusters near campus anymore. But there is a Raising Cane's chicken fingers place on campus.

Yeah, the Hollywood is right over by the McD's. Not Blockbuster, they where on the other side of campus and are gone now.

The Coon Rapids-Riverdale location had a ton of stuff still. If you're looking for GTA4 for $5, or Incredible Hulk, etc it's there.

Checked up on the Rogers BB again and got :360: Conan for $5 and :360: The Last Remnant for $15. There were at least three more of the latter.

hit a couple kmarts up
left with a ps3 rock band se and gh3 bundle ps3
still a 360 drum set left and a few ps3 gh3 bundles
pm if you want more info

Was able to pick up a non-Greatest Hits copy of Motorstorm for $14.98. There were two copies left at that price but they were the red Greatest Hits packaging. At the Target in Apple Valley (off of Cedar).

Edina Best Buy has a bunch of games "3 for $30, 4 for $40, 5 for $50" (Don't know why they didn't just say $10 each when you buy 3 or more...but anyway). :ps3: games were Bolt, Incredible Hulk, Legendary, TNA Impact, American Idol game with mic. They also had PS2, 360, PSP and DS games.

Richfield Kmart has 2 :360: and 1 :ps3: 'copies' of Rock Band Special Edition for $38. That's the game, drum set, guitar and mic all for $38.

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition PS3 at Best Buy Northtown on clearance for $20. Checked yesterday morning, not too sure they're there anymore.[/QUOTE]

They're all gone now, my friend bought the last one.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They're all gone now, my friend bought the last one.[/QUOTE]
Saw a couple Saints Row 2 CE for PS3 at the Best Buy on the corner of 66th and York in Edina, MN for 25.xx - at least 2 or 3 still there.

First time I'd been there - they had some other CEs on clearance just on the normal shelves - nothing else worth noting - a SF IV CE for 360 for I believe 80.00 - 30% - but not much else...

...and those Rockband PS3 on clearance at Kmart in Richfield, MN (2 last I checked) for 38.00 are still there....

...Kmart Uptown (Lake and Nicollet) had a bunch of guitar games on clearance....for the PS2 - GH Aerosmith - 6 bucks (game only as well for 3.00), GH III - 12 bucks, Rockband - 26.00....nothing too spectacular - just reporting back...

[quote name='vicks']
...and those Rockband PS3 on clearance at Kmart in Richfield, MN (2 last I checked) for 38.00 are still there....
...[/QUOTE]

Yea, they had one until I swapped my ps3 version for the last 360 version.

Mall of America BB had a rack of ten and twenty dollar videogames up today. I grabbed Last Remnant for 10, they had a ton there, esp. for PS2 and PS3, and a handful of 360 games.

[quote name='rmb']remember any ps3 or 360 specifics?[/QUOTE]

Last Remnant, Lego Batman, Deadliest Catch, Don Kings Prize Fighter, for 360 off the top of my head, for 10. They had lots of copies of the SE edition of Saints Row 2 for both or 20. I don't remember any other PS3 games, I don't own one so i didn't look real hard at those, sorry i cant be of more help.

Target in Brooklyn Center had 3 or 4 :ps3: FEAR2, 3 :ps3: Tom Clancy Endwar with BT Headset, and like 6 :ps3: Motorstorm Pacific Rift, I believe all were $25.

Also Crystal Target had 2 :ps3: Mirrors Edge for $20 on Friday.

[quote name='MAGfuz']Target in Brooklyn Center had 3 or 4 :ps3: FEAR2, 3 :ps3: Tom Clancy Endwar with BT Headset, and like 6 :ps3: Motorstorm Pacific Rift, I believe all were $25.

Also Crystal Target had 2 :ps3: Mirrors Edge for $20 on Friday.[/QUOTE]
If that's the one on Brooklyn Blvd. none of those were left. They had hawx, nhl09, and motorstorm GH for $15. Super target in fridley off 694 had a rock band 360 drum set for $20 left today. Nothing much of note. I was able to grab a dslite at that discount store down the road for $65. Still was sealed and when I checked it at the store it was indeed new. They are getting quite a bit in lately but prices are all over the place. They have another copy of fable 2 le as well at $18. Anyone want a 360 tourny ed. fight stick? pm if interested. Pretty much unused.

Just got back from the Best Buy @ MOA... In addition to what others have said they also have Resistance 2 CE for $20, several of last years sports games (Madden
anniversary bundle)

The best deal is they have the Animal Crossing: City Folk bundle w/ Wii Speak for $10! Picked up one for myself and one for a buddy... the Wii Speak alone sells for $30 so if you are able to turn around and ebay it you will be golden...

For PS# they also had HAZE, Golden Axe, Viking for $10... mostly a lot of crap but that's what I remember..

[quote name='Ozium']Just got back from the Best Buy @ MOA... In addition to what others have said they also have Resistance 2 CE for $20, several of last years sports games (Madden
anniversary bundle)

The best deal is they have the Animal Crossing: City Folk bundle w/ Wii Speak for $10! Picked up one for myself and one for a buddy... the Wii Speak alone sells for $30 so if you are able to turn around and ebay it you will be golden...

For PS# they also had HAZE, Golden Axe, Viking for $10... mostly a lot of crap but that's what I remember..[/QUOTE]
Might have to check that out, hopefully I can get up there tomorrow.

Some nice stuff at the Target in Cottage Grove:

For 360:
4 copies of Riddick ($15)
8 copies of HAWX ($15)
1 copy of NHL09 ($15)
3 copies of Ninja Blade ($10)

For PS3
3 copies of Endwar with headset ($22)
2 copies of Brothers in Arms ($29)

[quote name='rmb']If that's the one on Brooklyn Blvd. none of those were left. They had hawx, nhl09, and motorstorm GH for $15. Super target in fridley off 694 had a rock band 360 drum set for $20 left today. Nothing much of note. I was able to grab a dslite at that discount store down the road for $65. Still was sealed and when I checked it at the store it was indeed new. They are getting quite a bit in lately but prices are all over the place. They have another copy of fable 2 le as well at $18. Anyone want a 360 tourny ed. fight stick? pm if interested. Pretty much unused.[/QUOTE]

Nope the Brooklyn Center store is the Shinge Creek one. Brooklyn Park is off of Brooklyn Blvd.

Wizzleteets, I'd be interested in one of the Riddicks for 360, if they have any left. pm me if you want to to work something out.

[quote name='Idx86']Has HAWX universally dropped? I've wanted that game for a while.[/QUOTE]
I've seen HAWX for $15 at a couple Targets, but still $41 at others.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Might have to check that out, hopefully I can get up there tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Stopped by after work, there are no more Resistance 2 CE boxes for $20. None on the rack and an employee, without me asking, offered to check the back room and none back there either.

Oh well...

[quote name='gfshurts']None on the rack and an employee, without me asking, offered to check the back room and none back there either.

Oh well...[/QUOTE]

If this was at a best buy; didn't read the previous post that is referring to the store, sorry; THEN WOW. I almost never require assisstance from an employee of BB, but they always want to help. Though those few times I do require assisstance, I seem to find that the BB employees are busy with something else (ie talking, not doing their job).

Just like cops. Never around when you need them, always around when you don't!

[quote name='MAGfuz']If this was at a best buy; didn't read the previous post that is referring to the store, sorry; THEN WOW. I almost never require assisstance from an employee of BB, but they always want to help. Though those few times I do require assisstance, I seem to find that the BB employees are busy with something else (ie talking, not doing their job).

Just like cops. Never around when you need them, always around when you don't![/QUOTE]

Yes it was at the MoA Best Buy. I was taking a look at the clearance games, he came up and made mention of the great deals on them. Then he asked what system I had, I said PS3 and he right away looked at the shelf and said, "we had some Resistance 2 copies for $20...hmmm...don't see any... let me check the back room." I said that'd be great.

One of the few times I've had great service at any store, let alone a Best Buy.

bread's done
Back