Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='manthing']Got that beat. I live THREE miles from my job. It took me 30 minutes to go that *3* miles.

I had contemplated going to the Roseville BB to pick up my Pirates 3 DVD and PM COD4 after leaving work...so glad I didn't[/quote]
Well, I technically have you beat.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I was going to head home early, at about 4:15. I went out to the street that LEADs to the street that leads to the freeway -- it was backed up for a mile and a half.

I changed my mind about going home and took a left turn, away from the freeway, turned around in the first parking lot, and went back to work -- Better to suffer while being paid, rather than suffer being in stupid bad traffic. At the end of the line, on the road that LEADS to the road that leads to the freeway, which normally has about 10 cars traveling when I'm going home...

It took me 25 minutes to travel TWO BLOCKS -- I didn't get back inside the office till 4:40.

While I was in the B3G1 TRU thread, I thought to myself.. if enough MN cags also want rock band, maybe we can all chip in 4 ways to get a 25% discount on the game.

Its either that or try to find a $40 of $200 at CC.

If anyone would be interested buying collaborativly to get Rock Band, lets maybe kick the idea around here...?

You know I would jump in on Rock Band myself but after trying it at both the Northtown Best Buy and Walmart.... I'm not too wild on the guitar since it feels flimsy and way too lightweight for my taste. Plus I've yet to be able to play the drums right since both stores drumsets either had busted drum sticks... or busted drum pads.

Not a deal but for all of us on Comcast here's a list of the HD channels coming in over the next few weeks.

M = Minneapolis
S = St. Paul
* = Free preview mode until Jan. 10th.

December 7th
*Food Network HD - M-414 S-197
*Universal HD - M-409 S-208

December 12th
*Sci-Fi HD - M-427 S-194
*USA Network HD - M-441 S-195

December 17th
*Animal Planet HD - M-426 S-193
*CNN HD - M-423 S-213
*Discovery HD - M-424 S-191
FSN HD - M-402 S-201
*CNN HD - M-423 S-213
TBS HD - M-442 S-196
*The History Channel HD - M-422 S-212
*The Learning Channel HD - M-425 S-192

MGM HD and Hallmark Movies HD are due for next year.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Well, I technically have you beat.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I was going to head home early, at about 4:15. I went out to the street that LEADs to the street that leads to the freeway -- it was backed up for a mile and a half.

I changed my mind about going home and took a left turn, away from the freeway, turned around in the first parking lot, and went back to work -- Better to suffer while being paid, rather than suffer being in stupid bad traffic. At the end of the line, on the road that LEADS to the road that leads to the freeway, which normally has about 10 cars traveling when I'm going home...

It took me 25 minutes to travel TWO BLOCKS -- I didn't get back inside the office till 4:40.[/QUOTE]
A manager at my firm had to travel twelve blocks from a client's office back to our office, and it took her two hours. I'm so glad I walk.

Are any area Circuit Citys sufficiently stocked with Zack and Wiki? More importantly, has anyone been successful in price matching elsewhere?

[quote name='defiance_17']

Are any area Circuit Citys sufficiently stocked with Zack and Wiki? More importantly, has anyone been successful in price matching elsewhere?[/quote]

I know the Roseville CC has it. I saw copies Saturday night while looking for Okami.

I also saw someone buying Elebits and Metal Slug. I wonder if he's here.

[quote name='defiance_17']

Are any area Circuit Citys sufficiently stocked with Zack and Wiki? More importantly, has anyone been successful in price matching elsewhere?[/quote]

THe one off of 494 and France had copies on Friday when I stopped.

Anyone have any luck grabbing the GH2 bundle today? My wife wanted to grab it for me for Christmas, so I have no idea if she did or not, I was just wondering if anyone else tried this morning or not.

[quote name='aphu9876']Anyone have any luck grabbing the GH2 bundle today? My wife wanted to grab it for me for Christmas, so I have no idea if she did or not, I was just wondering if anyone else tried this morning or not.[/quote]

I couldn't get there early but checked for the heck of it and sold out. Girl working said they had 9 of them and they got rushed when they opened the doors. This was the Blaine store. I am sure it was this way everywhere.

Just thought I would let anyone in the fridley/columbia hts area know that I just left the target on central and 694 and they had about 10 wii consoles in stock

I've got you all beat, I moved on 12/1 with half a foot of snow falling on my head the entire time...

[quote name='rmb']Just thought I would let anyone in the fridley/columbia hts area know that I just left the target on central and 694 and they had about 10 wii consoles in stock[/QUOTE]

thx!... (and just when I thought this thread was dead)

[quote name='HeyBeerman']Was @ BestBuy in Richfield for lunch. They rolled out a really-really big cart of Wii's.[/quote]

Funny thing is I am not even looking for 1. I was on the lookout to find one for 1 of my mom's friends. All the knowledge we have as cags and she found 1 for her friend before me. I got pwnd by my 61 yr old mother!:lol:

Half Price Books by Northtown is running an 20% off everything sale now through Saturday for anyone interested. I was hoping they would of had a few of the YES albums that I'm missing in my collection but alas no luck.

Alright if anyone was wondering, the Roseville BB honored the 3/25 toy coupon.

Got a PSP Slim (Star Wars Pack), Burnout and MG:pO, (I guess it kind of helped that I knew the cashier from HS, but it still needed manager approval which was above his head)

She was only going to give me the discount on the games, until I showed that I had the PSP system in a printout of the BB webpage with the toy search variable in it.

According to my buddy, Ridgedale Best Buy had a huge stack of Xbox 360 Halo Special Editions for $350 on Sunday. By the time I made it there on Tuesday, they had already sold out, but I did confirm the $350 price point. It seems to just have been Ridgedale (I checked with Roseville, and they weren't offering the same deal). The person who helped me was an idiot, so I don't know if they'll get more in or not, but if you're interested in a slightly cheaper version of that unsightly beast it might be worth a shot. I didn't think about it at the time, but I should have pressured them for a cheaper Elite.

After all, its the western suburbs, where everyone complains about everything to get their way.

4 Wiis on the shelves at the Super Target on University and Hamline in Saint Paul at 12 PM earlier today.

Good luck.

I found a deal on craigs list. Saved a little money even.

The console was formerly named "Thugdizzle." I feel like I saved it from a broken home.

Inver Grove Heights BB systems have been down for a period of time, most likely since yesterday. Anyone bringing in an item for exchange or refund is turned away and is given a "15% of one single item" coupon for the inconvenience. Certain exclusions apply ie. game hardware & accessories, etc. Game software IS NOT listed as an exclusion.

System is expected to return to normal by 1:00pm this afternoon. This would not make sense to drive from far away, as it is just 15% and most likely will be dead by this evening.

*Disclaimer: Bringing in an item to exchange or refund in order to receive the coupon without the actual intent on exchange or refund is fraud and may be considered a crime.

[quote name='jlindahl']I found a deal on craigs list. Saved a little money even.

The console was formerly named "Thugdizzle." I feel like I saved it from a broken home.[/quote]

Haha, guessing you got it from Minneapolis!

This has been dead for a little bit.

Just a random note, Gamecrazy has to be the best place to get a disk buffer. My poor Nocturne got a nice scratch and seems kinda impossible to make the game workable. So I tried CD Wherehouse (Warehouse?), but didn't work. Then I knew Gamecrazy has one and it removed it significantly enough so the game works. Too bad apparently they MIGHT relocate? or shutdown (at the Roseville one) at least that's what the guy working there said.

I am pretty sure gamecrazy will not be in this market much longer. They have already clearanced some of their other stores out. Do the blockbuster's in the twin cities take trades on games? If not it sure would be nice if they opened up some gamerush stores. Spread some of the love up here so we can flip some games, there trade in values are nuts.

Heads up for Twin Cities CAGs:

TRU Northtown had copies of Devil May Cry Anniversary 3pack for $5!!!

There were still copies left as of 2PM today

[quote name='manthing']Heads up for Twin Cities CAGs:

TRU Northtown had copies of Devil May Cry Anniversary 3pack for $5!!!

There were still copies left as of 2PM today[/quote]

thanks will be picking up in am if any left.

Picked up "Universe at War" for PC (meta review 77) at Target in Woodbury today for $12.50. It was on an endcap with some other clearance games in the toy section. Some of the other games I saw were "Tabula Rasa" and "Timeshift". All 75% off and they had several copies of each. YMMV of course as to if they are still there and if other Targets are the same. I was there around 2PM today.

Anyone interested in any 360 games check my list. I have them on CL but will take fair offers to local Cag's. Just PM me if interested.

Listy

Not really a big deal but I know many people want non gh of Kingdom Hearts games and the Burnsville center Sears has KHII in their dump bin.

Anyone else get the BB Rewards coupons for 2-hour pre-Grand opening of Roseville BB this Thursday 6-8pm? Supposedly, you can only go for those two hours if you have the coupons (VIP hehe). What the heck, did they relocate or something? I was just there last month. What's going on with that?

[quote name='nintendokid']Anyone else get the BB Rewards coupons for 2-hour pre-Grand opening of Roseville BB this Thursday 6-8pm? Supposedly, you can only go for those two hours if you have the coupons (VIP hehe). What the heck, did they relocate or something? I was just there last month. What's going on with that?[/quote]
Basically an expansion into the space that was unoccupied next to them

[quote name='rmb']Basically an expansion into the space that was unoccupied next to them[/QUOTE]

It use to be a Rainbows then they got kicked out (or left). So yeah the relocation isn't that far even.

I might be going to the Reward Zone VIP thing, but let me get this straight, so the coupons work on the 27th in the morning or is that a misprint? Because the thing is on the 28th at 6-8PM.. so the coupon is wrong meaning that it should be a "2-hour event only Feb 28, 2008" instead of Feb 27?

I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here it goes- The Richfield/Edina Hollywood Video/Game Crazy store is closing (The one next to Southdale by the BestBuy Co. Superstore) They had plenty of older xbox and PS2 games. As of Tuesday they were down to 40% off, but still a little overpriced.

[quote name='M_Carp']I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here it goes- The Richfield/Edina Hollywood Video/Game Crazy store is closing (The one next to Southdale by the BestBuy Co. Superstore) They had plenty of older xbox and PS2 games. As of Tuesday they were down to 40% off, but still a little overpriced.[/quote]

Didn't their actual gamecrazy store close quite a while ago? I guess the store is closing now huh? I almost did a unlimited rental on video games from them, but decided to go with Gamefly since I moved further away and their selection was mediocre. They always did have a lot of old games on sale though. Good to know, did you see any 360 stuff? Thanks!

[quote name='LuisRM']Didn't their actual gamecrazy store close quite a while ago? I guess the store is closing now huh? I almost did a unlimited rental on video games from them, but decided to go with Gamefly since I moved further away and their selection was mediocre. They always did have a lot of old games on sale though. Good to know, did you see any 360 stuff? Thanks![/quote]

I am not too sure when their GameCrazy closed. I usually don't go to the stores around Southdale too much because everyone drives so crazy around there. I just stopped in because I saw the store closing signs (Yes the whole Hollywood video store). There really was no 360 stuff left- it was all older xbox and PS2 games. They had a few GameCube games too, but nothing worth mentioning. They did still have a bunch of movies left when I went including some obscure stuff (Such as- Bruce Campbell in The Man With the Screaming Brain). You might be able to find a gem or two.

If you didn't see the best buy brooklyn center has gh2 360 for 29.99. They had about 12 left at 11:15 am today. It is posted in the main deals thread but should be here as it is only this store according to the manager. The price is not marked and you will have to have them adjust the price in the system. It is not YMMV at this store. It is the price!All credit to whoever posted in the other thread. Just wanted everyone here to get a shot at getting them.

I wish I was less lazy and willing to take the three extra clicks to locate the GH deal in the main deals section; but would this be the game only, or the game plus guitar?

As of last night, the Brooklyn Center Best Buy had Wiis in stock.

I know I should have posted this yesterday, but I was too busy playing my $30 GH2 bundle.

Are people having trouble finding copies of SSBB? I don't know why they would, but if so, I've been to two Targets in the past 48 hrs that had a ton of them in stock. (Roseville Super Target and St. Paul Super Target at Univ. and Hamline.)

Anybody seen any Blue Dragon's on clearance at any Targets in the Metro area? I've been to W St. Paul and Woodbury without any luck. Thanks

[quote name='dothog']Are people having trouble finding copies of SSBB? I don't know why they would, but if so, I've been to two Targets in the past 48 hrs that had a ton of them in stock. (Roseville Super Target and St. Paul Super Target at Univ. and Hamline.)[/quote]

I have seen a few people on craigslist with a price of $60
But Best Buy in Maplewood had about 15 copies today.
Still trying to decide if its worth my $$$$
Toyrus has the 50% off deal... I would like to get Rayman Rabbid for $25

bread's done
Back