Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='Idx86']I was just at GC within the last few weeks trading in X-Blades from that whole Best Buy thing. Almost bought an Edge card. Now I'm glad I didn't![/QUOTE]

I just yesterday went in and spent all my credit from the X-Blades trades as well.

The GC on 85th and 252 (close to it) is open until the 26th of Oct. Glad I can still get my BL and UC2:AT from them. Remember, today starts the 30% off I believe. I may just head over there later!

GameCrazy liquidation does not start until Monday. Open at Noon. The two stores I visited today did not even have their shipments in. One manager told me he expected the shipment to arrive on Monday. We will either have to wait for product to be stocked or maybe shop from boxes if we are first-comers. Each store was to get over 1000 items. But both are pretty bare right now.

Could have sworn that GC closing thread said the 3rd, which is today. oh well. Still got many games in my backlog to play 1st!

[quote name='MAGfuz']Could have sworn that GC closing thread said the 3rd, which is today. oh well. Still got many games in my backlog to play 1st![/QUOTE]
It did say the 3rd. Managers were also told this. They were informed later that it would start Monday to allow them time for their transfers. With the sub $29 stock not arriving at the closing stores until Monday or Tuesday, it would have been a pitiful (and may still be) sale with what they have on the shelves now. You'd be better off coming to my garage sale. I hate garage sales BTW.....

if anyone is a big uncharted fan, roseville gamestop is doing a midnight for their reserves of uncharted 2 and brutal legend next week

[quote name='One4Deuce']Still approximately 1,352,603 copies of Madden '09 (Wii) at the Target in Lakeville. Still at $20.98[/QUOTE]

I wish there was some alchemist formula to turn that into the 360 version, and also drop the price to about $1.00.

Any possibility of getting Tales of Vesperia or Eternal Sonata at the GC closeouts? I figure they would be in that price area.

I didn't know that almost all of the GC's in the metro would close. When I checked the list in "the thread" it looked like the one on 55 in Golden Valley was going to stay open.

[quote name='nasum']Any possibility of getting Tales of Vesperia or Eternal Sonata at the GC closeouts? I figure they would be in that price area.

I didn't know that almost all of the GC's in the metro would close. When I checked the list in "the thread" it looked like the one on 55 in Golden Valley was going to stay open.[/QUOTE]
I don't think any of the closing stores received their transfers yesterday, so stock was pretty dismal. Try today (or call) to see what they got in. I believe they can check lists for what they have or will get. I believe ToV was $24 or so used (months ago) so it may not be part of the liquidation.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Something the large HDTV is better for than gaming. Wow, what a game.[/QUOTE]
yea, unfortunately that will be the end imo. I didn't think either one of these teams has much of a chance against the yankees.

It’s a disease I tell ya…

Grabbed King Kong ($7), The Godfather Game ($10), CSI ($14) and finally got Tiberium Wars ($14) for a price that I wanted.
The Game Crazy in Golden Valley is pretty well picked over of anything on the PS3 or 360, though the guy said that a box of 600+ items will be coming in within the next couple of days. No guarantee that it'll be anything other than used accessories and previous generation titles.

I assume you aren't talking about the fantastic finish by the Wild?
Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, Yanks will probably only lose two games on the way to being the champs this year.

[quote name='willynateDgreat']Has anyone been over to the Roseville GC to see what shape it's in? That's the only one remotely close to my place.[/QUOTE]

The Roseville GC is pretty sad unless you like sports games. There are a handful of PS3, 360 and Wii games. Otherwise, lots of $4 sports games and random PS2 games.

The plymouth GC (55 and 101 roughly) apparently received half of what they're going to get and there's little to nothing available for 360 (sorry PS3 and Wii owners, I don't have either so I don't bother to look), I picked up Eternal Sonata and Tiger Woods 2008 today. I might hit the Golden Valley one on the way home today to see if they've gotten anything new...

Someone got the the 4 copies of Street Fighter IV from the WSP Target before I could check it out at lunch. I assume they hit $10. If someone picks up an extra copy for that price, I'd appreciate one. Only single copies at most other Targets I have visited, so I am not real hopeful about catching one. The only 75% off 360 title they left was a single Terminator. I passed.

[quote name='manthing']I didn't know the U of M campus HWV closed on 9/18[/QUOTE]
Stumbled upon that in a MN Daily article on the Internet while looking for store hours last week. I wonder if there are more closing or closed locally. All the HWV stores I have visited without a GC so far are discount stores - all new games < $19.99. I was looking for the Ghostbusters or RE5 on sale, but no luck. I have officially hit a dry spell. All the multiple copies of games that were about to drop at the Targets I was watching were gone today.

[quote name='The Long Haired Bard']Anyway know where I'll be able to pick up a copy of Way of the Samurai 3 tomorrow for 360? Preferably near Stillwater or Maplewood.[/QUOTE]

most stores aren't getting it, and if they do it won't be on a set street date. i tried reserving one at gamestop but they weren't reserving it, and from past experiences they get those titles late. the only store i even found that is going to get it is roseville. call around, the manager said that stores that are getting it received an email telling them they would just no specific date

[quote name='toastapley']most stores aren't getting it, and if they do it won't be on a set street date. i tried reserving one at gamestop but they weren't reserving it, and from past experiences they get those titles late. the only store i even found that is going to get it is roseville. call around, the manager said that stores that are getting it received an email telling them they would just no specific date[/QUOTE]

Yeah I called several stores, the ones that are getting it aren't getting it till tomorrow at the earliest. I hope the stores that get it tomorrow will still have a copy after 4pm...damn college classes, haha.

On a side note, Jonathan Coulton is in town playing on Monday, Oct. 26. Wonder if it's worth seeing it just for "Still Alive." Don't know any of his other music though.

FYI:

The Hollywood Video at 22nd and Hennepin in Minneapolis is now closed.

I drove past the Lake Calhoun location, and it looked to be open...for now.

[quote name='manthing']FYI:

The Hollywood Video at 22nd and Hennepin in Minneapolis is now closed.

I drove past the Lake Calhoun location, and it looked to be open...for now.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That place was killer for the 4.99 used sale - if the rumors are true (another one on black friday) hopefully calhoun and lyndale will be there long enough...

[quote name='Idx86']Anyone spotted a $10 Street Fighter 4 for 360 out there? I've checked a few stores with no luck.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it for $20 and $15 at a couple targets (Maple Grove for sure, can't remember the other one though. Was on their clearance rack.

Although not really deal related, just wondering if any of you guys use Gamefly and what your shipping times are? Thinking about starting it up, but have heard varied things about shipping times.

[quote name='Crash55118']Although not really deal related, just wondering if any of you guys use Gamefly and what your shipping times are? Thinking about starting it up, but have heard varied things about shipping times.[/QUOTE]

I have it. takes about 3 days to get to the PA distributor (Texas would be better, but it goes off of zip code) and I get a game in 2 days. Most notably this last time was getting NFS:Shift on release day! Plus after 3, 6, and 12 months you get rewards (I think they stack as well).

I like it and have saved a little bit of money (still buy some of the bigger release games as I want them!)

I did a trial of gamefly and it was a couple of days each way. I think if I got it in the mail on a Monday, they would get it Wednesday and I would get a game on Friday. This was probably a year and a half ago though, so I don't know if they have a closer shipping location now or not.

I had gamefly for about 1 + 1/2 years. It was great at first (maybe 3-6 months). They would know I sent the game in the mail (if i took it to post office) the day I sent it and start sending the next one. It was about 5-7 business day turn around time. This was with new releases.

What several of my friends and I noticed is that those turn around times start getting longer and longer. Pretty soon it took them 3-7 business days to get the disc from me and 3-7 days to get a disc from them and that's only if they send out immediately which they often times took over a week to send the next game. meaning anywhere from 2-3 week turn around time usually closer to 3 weeks rather than 2. Which just wasn't acceptable to me. My roommate still subscribes and he says it has gotten better but other friends say its still just as bad.

The pros of the service is that it allows someone on a limited budget to play a lot of games they normally wouldn't and try games they normally wouldn't want to invest at full price in. The other advantage for it were the discounted prices on games and credits toward used games. This is a great program but it became less useful since the economy tanked because their prices don't fair as well competitively as they did previously.

Just last week I signed up for Gamerang hoping they have better service. They have 5 distribution centers but one is in the metro (Crystal, MN) meaning at least ship times to and from them should be dramatically decreased. Since it is so soon I can't comment on my experience yet but you may want to give them a look as well.

Either way it does require you to dramatically change the way you think about purchasing games. All of a sudden single player games or games you can finish in a short amount of time are much less compelling then purchasing a multiplayer game you will pop in every now and then for several months. It also requires you to change your habbits in buying discounted games (target clearance, newegg, amazon dotd, etc.) otherwise you end up having a stockpile of games you don't play or rentals you don't play.

Probably more information then you wanted but hope it helps.

Yeah I wanted to check out gamerang, but I got gamefly for xmas last year, and asking again (like the only thing I asked for so far) so I'm not going to complain as it's essentially free for me. Let us know how that Gamerang is. I checked the site, and it's like a $1 more than gamefly for the 2 game plan.

I'm using Gamefly again right now. I think it's like the 4th time I've used the service. I usually end up quitting because I find myself buying games, because I just wasn't getting them from Gamefly. I'm making a serious effort this time to just have patience and wait for the games.

I have Brutal Legend at home right now. I only have Uncharted 2 and Borderlands in my queue now since I want one of them next. I have the 2 out plan, so whenever they get one for me, it should be sent. Next week Ratchet comes out and that will be in my list as well. I hope they ship me something next week, because I just have a few odd achievements to get in Brutal Legend, then I'm sending it back. Then again, I've got a stack of unplayed games I need to get to as well. :)

After months of getting skunked on the penny guides at Best Buy I finally got a few at the Coon Rapids store. THey had a ton of Gear of War 2 guides for a penny. They were a little leery at the counter but when combined with the 3 games I bought it worked out. . .finally.

Have any of you guy taken advantage of that glitch at Best Buy with the buy 2 get 1 sale? There's one guy in the thread who posted his haul and its simply insane.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Have any of you guy taken advantage of that glitch at Best Buy with the buy 2 get 1 sale? There's one guy in the thread who posted his haul and its simply insane.[/QUOTE]

I tried at both Oakdale and Maplewood with the expensive game rang up 2nd, and it didn't work at either location.

I had not looked at that thread 'till last night and figured it was too late. I don't understand how they can use RR. Doesn't that require a price overide? Price overides usually cause the auto-adjustments to fail. Perhaps RR is $5 in the system now?

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I had not looked at that thread 'till last night and figured it was too late. I don't understand how they can use RR. Doesn't that require a price overide? Price overides usually cause the auto-adjustments to fail. Perhaps RR is $5 in the system now?[/QUOTE]
Must be, I'm thinking about doing this but honestly I almost feel bad. I frequently shop at Best Buy, and I'd feel guilty getting a $60 game for $10.

If anyone sees Guitar Hero: Metallica at the $14.98 price point at Target please let me know, really want the game but I don't want to pay $30 for it.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Sorry, 360.[/QUOTE]

I know it isnt as easy or cheap, but if your desperate, you can buy it on gamefly.com for 20 bucks...

I usually get great quality games from them (ie not scratched much, etc.) and the case/manual are always pristine since they dont use them...but yeah, I'll keep an eye out for it...saw about 10 copies at Lake Street Target tonight but at the 41.xx pricepoint, so a couple drops to go if they last...

Target's in the south metro haven't yielded much lately. The KMart in Richfield that is closing has video games at 40% off. There's a few good games left that I'm hoping make it to a larger % off. Otherwise it's been pretty quiet for good game deals that I've noticed. Stores possibly waiting for the Holiday/Black Friday sales?!

bread's done
Back