Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Finally found a copy of GH: Metallica for $15. The Target I was at had two more copies. Shoot me a PM if you want to know the location.

[quote name='manthing']The ones in Minneapolis near the U and on Hennepin are closed, as is the HWV in Chanhassen[/QUOTE]

I drove by there on Wednesday to see if they were going to have any of those $19.99 games for $4.99 per the HWV thread and saw they were closed.

I spent a lot of money there in high school, sad to see it go.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Still a bunch of copies of GTA IV at my Target, $7.48... PM me for location.[/QUOTE]

I know the store. When I saw them @ 15 - ive never seen so many copies of one game before...a steal at 7.5.

Saw a 360 wireless n adapter for $54 today. Also Endwar with headset for 20, also had a couple endwars marked higher. LOL That's a discount stoe for you.

Made some rounds to a few different Target stores.

In Waconia, I got Dead Space for $10 (last one I think) and Rock Band 2 for $12.50 (lots of copies)...those were for Xbox. They also had the complete band kit for Guitar Hero World Tour for PS3, for like $60. Tomb Raider on Xbox for $10.

In Chaska, I got Red Faction for Xbox for $20...they didn't have much else to choose from.

Chanhassen and Minnetonka had pretty decent selections too.

It also appears that Target is already clearancing out NHL 2K10 for PS3 and Xbox, I only saw a few copies of it but it was going for $25. I was really surprised to see that. Ever since 2K Sports released the patch for NHL 2K10, the game has greatly improved and is right on par with NHL 10.

Walmart in Elk River has/had CoD:MW2 for both ps3 and 360 for $39 there were several other new titles with "rollback" prices, but MW2 was the lowest. This was around 6 p.m. on Saturday.

A new family-owned game store opened in Roseville. Here is the address if anyone lives nearby and wants to check it out. I've never been there myself.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Media Traderz[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1747 Lexington Ave N.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Roseville, MN 55113[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]651.487.7766[/FONT][/FONT]

[quote name='LegioXIX']A new family-owned game store opened in Roseville. Here is the address if anyone lives nearby and wants to check it out. I've never been there myself.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Media Traderz[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1747 Lexington Ave N.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Roseville, MN 55113[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]651.487.7766[/FONT][/FONT][/QUOTE]

So is this place just where the last independent store was? Sadly I think all independent gamestores are destined to fail.

[quote name='LegioXIX']A new family-owned game store opened in Roseville. Here is the address if anyone lives nearby and wants to check it out. I've never been there myself.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]651.487.7766[/FONT][/FONT][/QUOTE]

checked it out, it was ok. guy working was nice, some prices are reasonable, some insanely high

Target in Waconia has Resident Evil 5 (1 left) for PC for $12.50 and GhostBusters (2 left) for Xbox for $15.

Also Red Faction Guerrilla (1 left) for Xbox has dropped to $10, and Rock Band 2 (many copies) is still $12.50

[quote name='One4Deuce']Is anyone seeing Mini Ninjas or Dirt 2 for 360 on clearance at any of the Targets in the cities?[/QUOTE]
I haven't. Though kmart was decent today. Grabbed singstar vol 1+2 for 15 each and lbp psp for 10. All for trade.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Is anyone seeing Mini Ninjas or Dirt 2 for 360 on clearance at any of the Targets in the cities?[/QUOTE]

I saw Mini-Ninjas last week at Quarry Target. One copy only and still priced high (maybe $35?).

As of tonight the Fridley Target had Mini-Ninjas at $12, though only one copy.

I was at the Target in Chaska about a week ago and saw Mini Ninjas. Don't recall the price though...You could always call them to see if they still have it.

Since I probably won't be on before this happens, I'll post a day after xmas sale. That crappy discount 70 store by me on central ave will have 50% off everything in store except tv's and furniture. They have wii,ps3, and 360 games. Lots of stuff we have all seen on clearance elsewhere. I will add that from my experience the highest price of any game is $32. So most likely the highest will be $16. May be worth taking a peek. Passed on a 360 dj hero for $64 on wed. Selection is hit or miss and the dj hero I am sure will be gone. If you need more info such as where is this dump pm me and I'll try and get back to you. I believe they open at 9am.

Walmart Forest Lake had the Rock Band drum kits for $9.99 (RB1).. Saw about 6 sitting there tonight. Kinda wish I had picked one up. But my set works fine....

[quote name='not2worried']Walmart Forest Lake had the Rock Band drum kits for $9.99 (RB1).. Saw about 6 sitting there tonight. Kinda wish I had picked one up. But my set works fine....[/QUOTE]
4-5 left at silver lake walmart in st anthony as of this am

Are all the Hollywood Videos around the Twin Cities and surrounding area pretty much cleaned out as far as the $4.99 current gen games? I was visiting a friend there and stopped inside a handful of them (the ones around my city have all closed) to see if I could find a few of the games on my wanted list, but they seemed pretty bare.

Or for that matter, is there anyone who knows how the stores further south are looking, like the ones in Rochester, Algona, Clear Lake, etc. They're the same distance from me as the Twin Cities, but being such a drive, I'd rather not head that way without having a decent idea of whether I'll find anything.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Are all the Hollywood Videos around the Twin Cities and surrounding area pretty much cleaned out as far as the $4.99 current gen games? I was visiting a friend there and stopped inside a handful of them (the ones around my city have all closed) to see if I could find a few of the games on my wanted list, but they seemed pretty bare.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Most of them closed, many that didn't close had Gamecrazy's and aren't doing the sale, and the one I know of that is didn't have many games in the first place.

Just thought I'd check on here since my friend has been searching craigslist for awhile now but does anyone have any leads on a Ms. Pacman Cocktail machine?

Thanks

[quote name='Crash55118']Just thought I'd check on here since my friend has been searching craigslist for awhile now but does anyone have any leads on a Ms. Pacman Cocktail machine?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Just keep watching CL. Someone had one on there a couple months ago.

I think I'll be able to report the first good deal of 2010. It looks like Fable II (360) marked at $19.99 at Target is ringing up at $7.48. I just picked up a copy at the Quarry Target. There are 2x copies there left as 12:30 PM today. It's been reported around the country, so good bet that this is common around the Metro as well.

The Beatles Rock Band X360 Premium Package Deal!
Best Buy Brooklyn Center, MN (Brookdale shopping area) has Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundles Xbox 360 for $110 (Was $249.00). This is a store only price and they had 6 left as of Friday morning. They only Xbox 360 bundles left. Maple Grove BB has the X360 Beatles Gretsch or Rickenbacker Guitars for $74.99 (Was $100) or one premium X360 TBRBbundle for $209.99.

[quote name='manthing']When the hell did the Coon Rapids Hollywood Video and Big Lots close?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself. Couldn't have been that long ago, I remember going there a few months back and things seemed like business as usual.

:lol:

Well when the asshat manager refused to even give me store credit when I tried to return a defective DVD box set.... yeah, that pretty much sums up why I quit going to Big Lots.

[quote name='manthing']When the hell did the Coon Rapids Hollywood Video and Big Lots close?[/QUOTE]

Before November. Happened between the Summer 4.99 sale and the Fall 4.99 sale.

So it probably in the same wave as the UMN and Uptown closings.

EDIT:

Forgot to add Chanhassen is closed now too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed target in Vandais Hts had SW Force Unleashed ( Xbox) for $10... not sure if thats a deal, with the new Sith edition out. But they had about 40 copies... so maybe it will drop again.

Lets see here:

Target Shingle Creek (Brooklyn Center)

5 :ps2: DJ Hero, I believe $50
Many :ps3: Quantum of Solace for $20
Many :ps3: Lego Batman I think for $15
3 or so :ps3: Brutal Legend $40
3 :360: Guitar Hero Smash Hits $40

I believe those were the prices. The had a bunch of Wii games as well, but didn't get those (titles or prices). All this was as of ~5pm tonight.

Hopefully there's an abundance of GH: Smash Hits that continue to drop. I hear that game is awful, but for $10'ish I'd take it.

I paid like $38 for it (had some GS monies) and while it was fun to play the older songs from 1 and 2 on updated charting/engine, it's still severely lacking. If I remember correctly, within the last two weeks I saw it on sale from amazon (I beleive) for like $16 (it was on this site in the VG Deals, so u could check.

Then I was a sucker and bought DJH, but I got it for $80 and $40 amazon credit, so it was worth it for me.

EDIT 1: Here's the link for it: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249618

EDIT 2: Still is $16.73 :ps3:/$15.24 :360:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idx86']Hopefully there's an abundance of GH: Smash Hits that continue to drop. I hear that game is awful, but for $10'ish I'd take it.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for $20. Its decent. Nothing mind blowing or anything but if you desire to play certain GH1 songs on a modern console then its worth it. Not to mention having the original versions of the songs instead of the cover versions is nice as well.

bread's done
Back