Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Target Maple Grove. Picked up Fight Night Round 4 & Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Xbox 360, for $9.98. They had two left of each in the clearance section as of 5:00 PM.

s701

[quote name='PapaSmerf']The GameCrazy on Snelling was closed, but the HWV was not. My info says the only store left from the whole franchise (in our area) will be one Hollywood Video in Roseville. No GameCrazys at all. All other Hollywood Video stores closed. As mentioned in another post, one HWV store serving the entire Twin Cities.[/QUOTE]

I was by there today, there's a big "Store Closing" sign hanging on the HWV store now. I assume they are just pulling out of this market completely.

I won't be shocked if Hollywood Video isn't completely out of business by the end of the year. In-store rentals like that are a dying breed in this day and age of Netflix and what not. Kind of sad since they have been around for over 30+ years but its a sign of the times.

[quote name='seraxell']I was by there today, there's a big "Store Closing" sign hanging on the HWV store now. I assume they are just pulling out of this market completely.[/QUOTE]

I saw that on Friday, and there's no deals to be had there yet.

Then I looked at the HWV website, and it showed as all MN stores closing, except one in Rochester.

I think all of the Movie Galleries are closing as well. I was going past the St. Francis MG the other day and they had a Store Closing sign as well.

Called the Blaine GameCrazy to see if they were open today so I could get a couple discs buffed, trying to get a last something out of my MVP. Actually had to call the attached Hollywood Video since there were no more Twin Cities stores listed in the online locator. I was informed that the GameCrazy's last day was April 2nd. I called last Sunday and they were still at 30% off. They closed up a might bit quicker than I had expected. I assume the same is true for Cottage Grove. Ah well, RIP GameCrazy.

Not a deal for all CAG's in the Twin Cities area but if your a Silver Reward Zone Member at Best Buy they are giving away free tickets to Silver Members to the LA Lakers game this Friday night. They are upper seat tickets and I got a confirmation email from them and I can pick up my tickets two hours before the game. Kinda kicking myself in the head because they gave away tickets to the Suns game and those where lower seat tickets. Oh you also get to see the Timberwolves lose as well. Just got to myrewardzone.com and its on the front page.

Too bad its not a game against the Celtics. I'd certainly would go to that game.

On that note looks like we are losing some Blockbusters in the Twin Cities. The Northtown BB is closing shop. If you want some cheap fairly new release DVDs they got a ton of em for $4.99. Not much for Blus to speak of. I managed to grab Knowing for $6.99 which I believe was a mismark. Tons of HD-DVDs for $1.99 but they are all in thin CD cases. The selection is mostly Nacho Libre, World Trade Center, Zodiac, and a few other titles. Not much for gaming left.

How do you know when a BB is closing? Mine has had the dreaded "for lease" sign on the side of the building for ages, but no sign of for sure closing yet.

[quote name='Cheapskate']How do you know when a BB is closing? Mine has had the dreaded "for lease" sign on the side of the building for ages, but no sign of for sure closing yet.[/QUOTE]

When they have a big "STORE CLOSING" signs all over the building.

[quote name='Cheapskate']How do you know when a BB is closing? Mine has had the dreaded "for lease" sign on the side of the building for ages, but no sign of for sure closing yet.[/QUOTE]

At Northtown, they were telling people when the last day would be to rent movies and when the sale started. Supposedly, the lease on the building at Northtown was up, so no point in renewing it.

According to my brother, the good blu ray's went fairly fast. His son found some hidden throughout the store, which they promptly purchased.

Yeah most of the Blus left are meh deals at best even with the current 15% off applied. Its amazing how many people will jump at stuff during a liquidation type sale even when its really not that much of a deal compared to buying it elsewhere.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yeah most of the Blus left are meh deals at best even with the current 15% off applied. Its amazing how many people will jump at stuff during a liquidation type sale even when its really not that much of a deal compared to buying it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
That always baffled me during the Circuit City closings... people were buying up blu-rays that were like 15% off their list price, they were still cheaper at even Best Buy down the road. My dad has always said, "You really need to know what you're buying at going out of business sales." He is absolutely right, people assume because they're trying to get rid of their inventories that things are cheap, not always the case at all.

I stopped at the Northtown BB the first day of the "sale." Games were 10% off and Blu Ray 15%. The only thing is, I was seeing movies that I could get for new for less than what they were asking for at BB. I left with nothing.

Very true about the CC liquidation. It was crazy watching people go nuts over 10-15% off of stuff like it was the greatest sale ever. Yet all I could think in the back of my mind was... you know, we had better deals prior to going out of business. Not that I didn't get a few good deals towards the end of the liquidation myself. I knew better to wait and if there was anything good left when the better percentages came to be then I would be rewarded. If not then no biggie. Its too bad there's more than enough people out there that go into a liquidation expecting great deals at 15% off.

[quote name='rmb']I bought plenty of MS point cards at CC at 30% and 40% off. That was the best deal they had IMO.[/QUOTE]
This. Think i hit 5-digits in points driving around to different CCs during the liquidation sale.

Out of the way for most people, but the Saint Francis, MN Movie Gallery is going out of business. Lots of DVDs for $3.99 and tons of games for Wii, PS3, and 360. Games are 30% off. I saw little King's Story for the Wii for $17.50. Ends on Thurs. 22nd.

also, if anyone has the Bordlerands DLC disc for 360, I'll trade you a decent beer if I can borrow it for a day...

[quote name='nasum']also, if anyone has the Bordlerands DLC disc for 360, I'll trade you a decent beer if I can borrow it for a day...[/QUOTE]

Hm, I would have thought that they had a code associated with accessing the content or something to prevent people double dipping.

If it really is wide open, why not get it used from Gamestop or something and return it once you apply the content...?

[quote name='BattleChicken']Hm, I would have thought that they had a code associated with accessing the content or something to prevent people double dipping.

If it really is wide open, why not get it used from Gamestop or something and return it once you apply the content...?[/QUOTE]

I'm not positive (only heard through a friend with the Fallout DLC disc) but they recently stopped allowing returning those types of discs. You could trade it back in I'm sure, but not return it. Again, I only heard this from a friend who was going to do it with the Fallout DLC - maybe a YMMV but maybe not...

I could always just resell on Amazon, but I figure if someone around town already had it, why not make life easy?

[quote name='nasum']I could always just resell on Amazon, but I figure if someone around town already had it, why not make life easy?[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone should get it and loan it out for a couple of bucks and we could all get the DLC.

Anyone pick up any of the K-Mart sale games today? The nearest K-Mart to me is like 20 minutes away and I'd rather not make the trip if the deal is not on.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Anyone pick up any of the K-Mart sale games today? The nearest K-Mart to me is like 20 minutes away and I'd rather not make the trip if the deal is not on.[/QUOTE]

The deal is online too right? Just make best buy price match at customer service.

The other day I was at the west saint paul Target (the one on Robert). They had 4 or 5 Wii Speaks for $15.

[quote name='BattleChicken']The deal is online too right? Just make best buy price match at customer service.

The other day I was at the west saint paul Target (the one on Robert). They had 4 or 5 Wii Speaks for $15.[/QUOTE]
How do I get Best Buy to price match it? I'd like to do that too, get some Reward Zone points out of it. Do I just tell them that K-Mart has this deal? Or what? Are they willing to match online prices?

About a week ago there were about 3 beatles rock band (game only) for :360: at the Shingle Creek Target, possibly gone now. Otherwise not too much out of them recently.

FYI Guys - Quarry Target has MLB '09 - The Show (PS2) for $4.98 on clearance. There were 2 copies left when I stopped in at lunch.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Anyone pick up any of the K-Mart sale games today? The nearest K-Mart to me is like 20 minutes away and I'd rather not make the trip if the deal is not on.[/QUOTE]

for some reason i was able to get ghetto kmart on lake/nicolet to hold ffxiii for me for 2 days. the guy that rung it up was surprised and said he had gotten like 20 calls about it today.

[quote name='kingsoby1']for some reason i was able to get ghetto kmart on lake/nicolet to hold ffxiii for me for 2 days. the guy that rung it up was surprised and said he had gotten like 20 calls about it today.[/QUOTE]

Yes - that is a ghetto Kmart . . . and now that the Lake Street Target is remodeled, it's probably the most ghetto store in Minneapolis.

[quote name='willynateDgreat']Yes - that is a ghetto Kmart . . . and now that the Lake Street Target is remodeled, it's probably the most ghetto store in Minneapolis.[/QUOTE]

It needs to be closed in my opinion so that Nicollet can be continuous again. Honestly, it should have never been built there in the first place. Biggest eye sore/inconvenience in the city.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Honestly in my opinion all K-Marts need to be closed down period. Shitty service, shitty over MSRP prices most of the time, etc. Again just my opinion.[/QUOTE]
I was somewhat interested in the deals they were offering (Metro and Bayonetta) and honestly, if they would have been offered by Target, Best Buy, even Walmart, I would have gone for it but it just wasn't worth the the hassle to go into a K-Mart. The last two times I was inside K-Marts were both miserable experiences.

Same here. I was a bit interested in getting FF13 during the K-Mart sale but then realized that would involve going to K-Mart to get said deal. Just isn't worth it.

On a different subject is there anywhere really in the Twin Cities that would have Mountain Dew Throwback in stock? I really miss the stuff but damn if I'm paying the way overinflated prices on eBay for a 12 pack.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Same here. I was a bit interested in getting FF13 during the K-Mart sale but then realized that would involve going to K-Mart to get said deal. Just isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

I managed to order FFXIII online when it was briefly in-stock on Sunday. I should have it either today or tomorrow.

I briefly went into the Blaine Kmart last week, what a waste of time. I felt like taking a shower.

[quote name='Davestation']Isn't that promo over? They have the three different flavors going on now.[/QUOTE]

I found a gas station in Centerville a few weeks ago that had one case left along with a few Pepsi Throwbacks. So its possible there's still a few rogue cases out there but I'm thinking that's becoming less likely. I really wish Pepsi would leave these two on the market instead of doing this limited time crap to be honest.

[quote name='Seraxell']I briefly went into the Blaine Kmart last week, what a waste of time. I felt like taking a shower.[/quote]

I felt like I need an hour in a hot tub
that's not a time machine
after the last time I was in there.

bread's done
Back