Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

when I went to the kinect booth they gave me free stuff on one side when I tried dance central 2 and gave me free stuff again when I went on the other side and played the horrible star wars kinect game

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I went around 6:30pm[/QUOTE]

See, that's fairly late. Could have been running out for the day, and there's really no need for them to keep all of what they have out.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']See, that's fairly late. Could have been running out for the day, and there's really no need for them to keep all of what they have out.[/QUOTE]

...ya, I know, but they were still gonna be there for several hours and after I left there was literally maybe 3 sets of the codes. Now I don't know about you, but that would make me think they are trying to sparingly put them out or something. Regardless, I just wanted to make sure others knew that there was a slight possibility they may not have them so people don't get there, there be no codes left, them leave sad or angry.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...ya, I know, but they were still gonna be there for several hours and after I left there was literally maybe 3 sets of the codes. Now I don't know about you, but that would make me think they are trying to sparingly put them out or something. Regardless, I just wanted to make sure others knew that there was a slight possibility they may not have them so people don't get there, there be no codes left, them leave sad or angry.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. In other news, I was unable to make it today, so hopefully it's still going next weekend.

went to MOA kinect booth today they only had two of those cards out i got one but yeah earthboundx5 is right I think they are using them sparingly must only have a certain number of those codes...

I work at MOA and I am now kicking myself for not stopping by there and checking it out every time I've been there for work.. I even thought I overheard them saying "Here is a free month of live" to a person demoing it, but was in a rush and didn't stop.

Demo'd the pod-racing part of Star Wars Kinect... it was certainly lacking. Good part though was that I got a free month and 480 points (for a HD movie! Yeah. Right). They had plenty of cards to spare so I'll def stop by a couple of more times while I can.

Will they give you the cards for demoing the games not in the little huts?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Huh, just entered my code for 480 points and it was for 1 month... and the 1 month code was for 480 points. Something got switched up.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure thats universal, the ones my girlfriend and I got were the same way; as well as the one my friend picked up.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Anyone have an @gamer subscription and are not going to use their Ico/SotC / GoW:O coupon? Figured it didn't hurt to ask here.[/QUOTE]

Actually yes I do. I bought it at BB for $24 but they wouldn't let me use the coupon so I still have it.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Demo'd the pod-racing part of Star Wars Kinect... it was certainly lacking. Good part though was that I got a free month and 480 points (for a HD movie! Yeah. Right). They had plenty of cards to spare so I'll def stop by a couple of more times while I can.

Will they give you the cards for demoing the games not in the little huts?[/QUOTE]

Was for demoing dc2 and star wars when I was there.

[quote name='finbogg']Actually yes I do. I bought it at BB for $24 but they wouldn't let me use the coupon so I still have it.[/QUOTE]

sweet! i'll PM you

[quote name='theredworm']Was for demoing dc2 and star wars when I was there.[/QUOTE]

Went with my niece and nephews yesterday and they were giving them for demoing any of the games (my nephew got one for demoing the disneyland adventures game).

Tried the star wars jedi knight part of the demo (did the pod-racing one before) and it had some moments. The force pushed worked incredibly well, and the saber was so-so. Moving and using the force grab/throw was buggy though. Me and my nephew played it and there was actually one part where we totally ended up beating a guy using team work; you had to attack their backs so I kept attack his front to keep him from turning while my nephew attacked his back. Not great, but it had some moments that were pretty cool.

All told, tested a few games and got 2400 Microsoft points and 5 months of Gold. Probably make another trip in the near future.

[quote name='BattleChicken']WORST photoshop attempt ever, newspaper...

Seriously.. terrible job on that Tshirt.[/QUOTE]

Still looks better than the patchwork bullpen that Bill Smith put together this year.

Best Buy in Mall of America will pricematch TRU's B2G1. Walked out with 2x Batman, and Dead Island.

Also, the kinect booth will be going until Christmas Eve, and will be getting Once Upon a Monster. Walked out with a fuck-ton of points/live!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr Dude65']Best Buy in Mall of America will pricematch TRU's B2G1. Walked out with 2x Batman, and Dead Island.

Also, the kinect booth will be going until Christmas Eve, and will be getting Once Upon a Monster. Walked out with a fuck-ton of points/live![/QUOTE]

They do this every weekend? Where in the Mall?

[quote name='whiptcracker']They do this every weekend? Where in the Mall?[/QUOTE]

The Kinect booth? It's always there, every day of the week. It's on the first floor at the rear of Nickelodeon Universe.

Anyone have the Half Price Books calender coupon for this month? Or any coupon. I have something on hold till the 22nd I want to get and I can't find my calender anywhere.

Have any of you gone to any of the haunted house deals in town this year? I think I might end up hitting a couple of them but I've been told that the one at Buck Hill is the same thing as last year.

[quote name='nasum']Have any of you gone to any of the haunted house deals in town this year? I think I might end up hitting a couple of them but I've been told that the one at Buck Hill is the same thing as last year.[/QUOTE]

Not a deal and its sold out (unless you craigslist), but for future reference, the haunted house at the soap factory is probably one of the best you can goto in the Twin Cities.

EDIT: Wow, this year was actually kinda lame. I would still recommend in the future, but this years was just too short and anti-climactic.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']The Kinect booth? It's always there, every day of the week. It's on the first floor at the rear of Nickelodeon Universe.[/QUOTE]

West side of the mall, first floor, at the entrance of Nick U.

You can demo Star Wars Kinect (I recommend the Jedi Knights or Rancor one if you are by yourself), Disney's Magic Kingdom (or whatever it is called, recommend the jungle cruise one where you throw bananas at gorillas), Dance Central 2, one other that I haven't actually tried and I believe they have fruit ninja kinect going inside the booth as well but they don't seem to give out the codes for that.

If you didn't read the earlier post, just a heads up though, the codes are printed backwards so that the "points for an HD movie" is actually the 1 month of Xbox live and vice versa. If you go with more than one person they will give everyone with you a brochure with both codes and you can totally test them all out.

Not going to lie, I really had to resist the urge to grab the giant stack of them sitting by the computer where you can email the photos of yourself playing last time I went. There were just like 20 of them sitting there and none of the employees were there... so many points...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Not going to lie, I really had to resist the urge to grab the giant stack of them sitting by the computer where you can email the photos of yourself playing last time I went. There were just like 20 of them sitting there and none of the employees were there... so many points...[/QUOTE]

Same here, the moral person in me couldn't do it. Also, the criminal mastermind in me couldn't either because if points started disappearing that fast, we'd all loose and end up with less overall. :cool:

[quote name='BudzMcGee']West side of the mall, first floor, at the entrance of Nick U.

You can demo Star Wars Kinect (I recommend the Jedi Knights or Rancor one if you are by yourself), Disney's Magic Kingdom (or whatever it is called, recommend the jungle cruise one where you throw bananas at gorillas), Dance Central 2, one other that I haven't actually tried and I believe they have fruit ninja kinect going inside the booth as well but they don't seem to give out the codes for that.

If you didn't read the earlier post, just a heads up though, the codes are printed backwards so that the "points for an HD movie" is actually the 1 month of Xbox live and vice versa. If you go with more than one person they will give everyone with you a brochure with both codes and you can totally test them all out.

Not going to lie, I really had to resist the urge to grab the giant stack of them sitting by the computer where you can email the photos of yourself playing last time I went. There were just like 20 of them sitting there and none of the employees were there... so many points...[/QUOTE]

Fruit Ninja is there. Way more fun than the app version! And they do give out the codes for it. I kind of just told them that while it was fun to try out the games, I was really there to get some Live and points, so I ended up with a bunch. I think I may have like 15 or so brochures! I'm totally set! If I go back, I may try out a couple more (Hopefully Once Upon A Monster!!!!!!!!!!), but probably will only get a few codes.

I went to the Soap Factory one a few years back (when they had that weird wheelchair thing that felt like you were rolling around forever, not sure how they made that work) and it was pretty good.

We went to the Buck Hill one last night and it was quite similar to last year. The 3D Paint Factory thing was still super cool but the rest was just too similar.

Looks like we might be doing Screamtown over in Chaska next weekend unless I can find some good discounts for Valleyscare.

Hmm, when does MOA open? I might just run down there if they're open at 10am...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Fruit Ninja is there. Way more fun than the app version! And they do give out the codes for it. I kind of just told them that while it was fun to try out the games, I was really there to get some Live and points, so I ended up with a bunch. I think I may have like 15 or so brochures! I'm totally set! If I go back, I may try out a couple more (Hopefully Once Upon A Monster!!!!!!!!!!), but probably will only get a few codes.[/QUOTE]

Huh, it's funny cause today I went with my nephew and his friend because my nephew was telling him all about the Star Wars Kinect game and they really wanted to go and they were being super stingy about giving away the stuff. I mean last time I went with the kids they gave each of us a brochure at every demo, this time they were hesitating to give us one. Even at one booth where I was naturally able to bring up the fact that my nephew, his friend and me were all from different houses and each had are own Xbox they only gave us two. Weird. Oh well, I've still gotten a crazy amount of points and since I'm at the mall 4 days a week I'll certainly get more before they are done.

[quote name='nasum']

Hmm, when does MOA open? I might just run down there if they're open at 10am...[/QUOTE]

You can get into the mall far earlier, but I think most stores open at 10 so I would assume that the demo opens then too but some of the kiosk open earlier/later so it's hard to say for sure.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Huh, it's funny cause today I went with my nephew and his friend because my nephew was telling him all about the Star Wars Kinect game and they really wanted to go and they were being super stingy about giving away the stuff. I mean last time I went with the kids they gave each of us a brochure at every demo, this time they were hesitating to give us one. Even at one booth where I was naturally able to bring up the fact that my nephew, his friend and me were all from different houses and each had are own Xbox they only gave us two. Weird. Oh well, I've still gotten a crazy amount of points and since I'm at the mall 4 days a week I'll certainly get more before they are done. [/QUOTE]

Yeah that's weird. I just tried out a few and the ladies seemed more than happy to give them to me. Maybe they're running out, or haven't gotten a restock in a while? I didn't steal them, if that's what you're implying.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah that's weird. I just tried out a few and the ladies seemed more than happy to give them to me. Maybe they're running out, or haven't gotten a restock in a while? I didn't steal them, if that's what you're implying.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't implying anything, just that it was funny/odd that they were cool about it with you and were being super stingy about it with me on my last visit and we were trying out everything.

Was going to originally say that it might of been because it was Saturday and they were worried about running out but last time we went it was a Saturday as well... who knows. It was a super busy weekend at MOA so maybe they were just running short.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Wasn't implying anything, just that it was funny/odd that they were cool about it with you and were being super stingy about it with me on my last visit and we were trying out everything.

Was going to originally say that it might of been because it was Saturday and they were worried about running out but last time we went it was a Saturday as well... who knows. It was a super busy weekend at MOA so maybe they were just running short.[/QUOTE]

Could be. I went on a Wednesday, so there was hardly anyone there, comparatively.

good god I forgot how much I hate getting in and out of that place. I may be 15 minutes away on 494, but it takes almost 40 minutes just to park!

[quote name='nasum']good god I forgot how much I hate getting in and out of that place. I may be 15 minutes away on 494, but it takes almost 40 minutes just to park![/QUOTE]

Take the bus/lightrail!

[quote name='nasum']good god I forgot how much I hate getting in and out of that place. I may be 15 minutes away on 494, but it takes almost 40 minutes just to park![/QUOTE]
Gee, the spaces for the BestBuy pickup and postal delivery on 4 west are always open. The postal carrier only needs the space once a day anyway right? ;)

I usually have luck in the back row of the first floor of the east parking garage, a lot of people don't even bother going into the back left corner area to check. It's my typical parking area.

If you are going straight for the west side, the 5th floor is almost always full of empty spots. This past weekend was extra crazy cause kids had out of school for Thursday and Friday, but worst case scenario I almost always find a spot on the 5th in west. It's one floor above the skyway so no one wants to park there cause they are incredibly lazy when half the time getting a front row spot and going down a set of stairs is less work than parking on in the back row of any other floor. :lol:

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Wasn't implying anything, just that it was funny/odd that they were cool about it with you and were being super stingy about it with me on my last visit and we were trying out everything.

Was going to originally say that it might of been because it was Saturday and they were worried about running out but last time we went it was a Saturday as well... who knows. It was a super busy weekend at MOA so maybe they were just running short.[/QUOTE]

I had a sort of in between experience, my wife and I went and some of the demos they were all too happy to give us each one, and at another couple they were hesitant though gave us cards when we asked. Maybe they were running out, though one just looked like a chick who didn't much care.

Thanks MrDude65 for posting about it, both my wife and I made out 5 months and 2400 points richer and we were going to go to the mall anyway.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I had a sort of in between experience, my wife and I went and some of the demos they were all too happy to give us each one, and at another couple they were hesitant though gave us cards when we asked. Maybe they were running out, though one just looked like a chick who didn't much care.

Thanks MrDude65 for posting about it, both my wife and I made out 5 months and 2400 points richer and we were going to go to the mall anyway.[/QUOTE]

No problem bud! Glad to help!

It'd been a long time since I'd been there so I forgot the "stay on 494 and take 24th (or is it 26th?)" rule and took Cedar south and the Killebrew exit. I was on that off ramp for a good ten minutes with nothing to do.

MOA Best Buy has several copies of Metroid: Other M on clearance for $5, Red Dead Redemption (360) for $15, Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 (360) for $7 and a few others. Also grabbed the Gears of War 3 strategy guide for $5 today. Just a heads up if anyone is going to be at the Mall soon. It's right above the Kinect demo station, so get yourself some free live/points while you're at it! All the clearance stuff is in one spot, not separated by platform. Want to say it was the aisle after the DS games.

I'm standing here right now. After I grab my copy of metroid, there's only 3 left. There's 2 copies of the dead space 2 guide for 5 dollars, the donkey kong guide is 5 dollars, tron evolution for 10 dollars on the 360, lego batman on the 360 for 8 dollars and a bunch of cheap wii shovelware. Thanks for the heads up budz.

Glad a couple of people may have gotten to take advanatage of that. MOA doesn't always have clearance but sometimes when they do it's pretty solid. I think it's cause they have a little bit less space than most Best Buys.

Speaking of MoA, did anyone who used those 480 MSP cards as their redeemed points for the 2800 in October ever get their rewards points? I followed up by posting a thread in the rewards forum as requested, but never got a PM or saw my points. Nowhere could I find that those promotional points redeemed would not count towards the 2800, but I am just wondering if that's why I haven't gotten a PM/points for it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Speaking of MoA, did anyone who used those 480 MSP cards as their redeemed points for the 2800 in October ever get their rewards points? I followed up by posting a thread in the rewards forum as requested, but never got a PM or saw my points. Nowhere could I find that those promotional points redeemed would not count towards the 2800, but I am just wondering if that's why I haven't gotten a PM/points for it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't, I followed the instructions here and they replied within a couple days saying the post should post soon.

forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/29/t/131260.aspx

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Does anyone know good stores around Twin Cities to sell old video games at?[/QUOTE]

There is a place in Lakeville called "World of Games" that buys legacy games. Don't know if they pay well, but you could probably give them a call to get an idea.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I didn't, I followed the instructions here and they replied within a couple days saying the post should post soon.

forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/29/t/131260.aspx
[/QUOTE]

Link is dead (for me at least). So did you just have 480 pts on your posted redemption or were there some 400s, 1600s, etc...?

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Does anyone know good stores around Twin Cities to sell old video games at?[/QUOTE]

You probably have a better chance posting them on CAG :lol:

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Link is dead (for me at least). So did you just have 480 pts on your posted redemption or were there some 400s, 1600s, etc...? [/QUOTE]

copy and paste the link I posted, CAG is doing something weird with the link making it not work directly.

forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/29/t/131260.aspx (copy and paste) will get you there.

I think it was all 480's, there might have been one "160" from a in-game code.

bread's done
Back