Mitsuharu Misawa memorial wrestling topic (1962-2009)

That's it. I'm watching Star Trek The Next Generation instead of Raw tonight.

I hope when I go to Smackdown tomorrow night it is better.

I give up. I just... give up.

He's got to be trying to kill the product. He HAS to be.

I did enjoy, however, the fact that it cut right to a Savage commercial, reminding everyone of when wrestling was, ya know, GOOD.

Did I just hear a man tell a midget to get on his knees????

...And then he shot him in the nuts?!?!?

?????? Maaaaaaaaaaaaan.....I'm tired of this

let's make the product more kid friendly, then show a midget (which could represent a young child) begging for mercy while a guy holds up a gun (a t-shirt, cannon, but still).. good idea guys

I was hoping the "new" owner of RAW was gonna be Eric Bischoff. That was the first name that popped into my head when he said "cold day in hell". I know he's(Bischoff) been the GM before, but of all ppl Donald Trump? They might as well went & hired Foley from TNA and stuck him on there.

[quote name='darkdaze73']I was hoping the "new" owner of RAW was gonna be Eric Bischoff. That was the first name that popped into my head when he said "cold day in hell".[/QUOTE]

He said "no way in hell".

[quote name='Scorch']He said "no way in hell".[/QUOTE]
Not that it makes any difference, but I'm pretty sure it was "no chance in hell."

[quote name='Scorch']He said "no way in hell".[/QUOTE]
I knew it was something like that. I was talking to my wife on the phone & trying to listen to Vince at the same time. Guess I was paying more attention to my wife(which would be more appropriate).

Punk took a bad fall....even it was staged, it was still a bad fall

I really liked that 3 way.

Is it me or does the crowd rarely give a shit about anything? How did they get these people to pay for tickets?

[quote name='Purple Flames']It's evident they had to improvise the fuck outta that ending.

Punk is legit injured.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. They would have had Jeff kick his leg so many times if he was actually injuried.

[quote name='strongpimphand']1 min in and there's already a botch! damn[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sucked. Good thing he didn't do it to Orton. :D

Ted Dibaise-"more better". Hahaha. I bet Vince was yelling his ass off into Cole's head set.

[quote name='diddy310']CM Punk has Misawa written across his tape[/QUOTE]

What a nice tribute.

Rest in peace, Misawa-sama. :cry:

[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

Ad just ran for Smackdown this Friday giving away that
Punk retains
in this match. Nice job WWE.[/QUOTE]

ha, yeah, they kinda did. It basically said "Was Punk successful in retaining the title?"

Trump? Trump? Seriously, why do you guys keep watching Raw? I'm not saying this to be condescending, I genuinely don't understand how people can continue to watch. It sounds just awful.

Having said that, besides Punk, did anyone else have any kind of small tribute to Misawa? Black armband, anything?

[quote name='Scorch']ha, yeah, they kinda did. It basically said "Was Punk successful in retaining the title?"[/QUOTE]

Weird. You must of had a different ad since the one we got here started with "After Punk retained the title in a triple threat." It was locally inserted by Comcast.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Weird. You must of had a different ad since the one we got here started with "After Punk retained the title in a triple threat." It was locally inserted by Comcast.[/QUOTE]

Mine was WWE-produced

Wow, I actually dug Raw tonight. I mean sure I would've done things differently, but for a WWE-produced show, it was pretty good. And much better than Extreme Rules (which was just cliche and boring).

I might actually watch Raw next week, if they keep giving away great matches on TV.

Also, the "botch" during Punk's match was completely worked. Fell on his right knee, started selling his left. Smarks will be smarks I suppose . . .

WWE needs some new stars. HHH and Orton again? I doubt it can be worse than the Mania match but their matches have been done to death already.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
Also, the "botch" during Punk's match was completely worked. Fell on his right knee, started selling his left. Smarks will be smarks I suppose . . .[/QUOTE]

you ruined it!!!!

[quote name='neocisco']Trump? Trump? Seriously, why do you guys keep watching Raw? I'm not saying this to be condescending, I genuinely don't understand how people can continue to watch. It sounds just awful.[/QUOTE]

Its like a train wreck neo. We all know its going to be awful but we can't look away because deep down we need to see it in order for it to be real to us. With that said I wonder if Vince Russo is back with the WWE again. All these sudden title changes, battle royals, and free title matches the week before a PPV screams Russo 2000 to me. All we need is for the WWE to do "Item X On A Pole" for it really to feel like Russo 2000.

If it was Russo then the whole " buy out raw" thing would've turned out to be a double cross somehow, that Trump actually owns "Raw" collectively with McMahon.

[quote name='neocisco']Trump? Trump? Seriously, why do you guys keep watching Raw? I'm not saying this to be condescending, I genuinely don't understand how people can continue to watch. It sounds just awful.[/QUOTE]

This was the first WWE show I've watched since the Raw after Wrestlemania since I was bored and had nothing to do.

Yeah...I should have just played TF2 for 3+ hours. I'll watch next week (if I remember) just to see how much of a trainwreck it is but I imagine I won't watch it anymore after that for awhile.

Pretty good show overall, though the pacing was weird. I couldn't have accounted for the battle royal, but I figured they'd run the ECW title match at the end of the first hour, the world title match at the end of hour 2, and the 4 way as the main event. Instead, they opened with 3 consecutive title matches before we were even halfway through the show.

Glad to see Orton as champ again, as he should be. I really hope he doesn't lose it to Triple H at The Bash. The battle royal was pretty good, too, but the thing with The Miz was bullshit. I expected them to have him come back and eliminate Cena, which would have been great for their feud, but he was made to look like a jobber.

The only real complaint I have is the Trump thing. We finally got rid of the horrible character that was Vickie Guerrero, and she's replaced by someone even fucking worse. Just fantastic.

At least I got to see some quality episodes of King of the Hill tonight.

EDIT: Thanks, Gaf!

faoro1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was foolish thinking, but I was really hoping that MVP would win. Maybe if it was just HHH or Cena in the Battle Royal (instead of both of them being in it), it may have had a slight chance of happening.

Then again, I like hoping against hope.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']If it was Russo then the whole " buy out raw" thing would've turned out to be a double cross somehow, that Trump actually owns "Raw" collectively with McMahon.[/QUOTE]

Which in the end will happen. Either that Vince McMahon decides to abort the whole angle by simply buying back RAW after the ratings drop even further than they already are. This whole thing screams publicity stunt since we all remember how well Trump worked the last time, right?

Hopefully the media will just ignore it this time around. Sadly however just like the whole "retirement" of Brett Favre they won't. Sure it won't make as much noise as Favre does on a daily basis (especially in Minnesota) but it'll make "headlines" on entertainment programs and such.

I'm hoping they just abort the angle. I mean, them talking to that clearly pre-taped Trump like he's live via satellite is bad enough. What's next?

bread's done
Back