Mitsuharu Misawa memorial wrestling topic (1962-2009)

[quote name='mykevermin']Sounds more like a racist and/or ethnocentric hee-haw than anything else.

"I don't know what kinda heebie-jeebie medicine them slant-eyes use over thar, but bah gum it ain't as good as good ol' US surgery. Speaking of which, Batista is making his biweekly meeting with Dr. James Andrews this week. Helluva talent, and tougher than a $2 Government Mule."[/QUOTE]

Lol. That's exactly what I thought when I read that. Wasn't there a diva or a knockout that also refused to have the...what is it called, neck fusion surgery, done?

[quote name='JJSP']JR's blog regarding Misawa's death is absolute horse shit. I can't help but think he comes off like he's trying to place blame somewhere that it doesn't belong instead of calling it a freak accident like everyone else is.[/QUOTE]

Jeezus, but that's so blatant. Does "JR" even write that shit, or is it all ghost-penned BS?

I bet Dr. James Andrews has a lil' ole sum thin sum thin for the "Animal", by gum. If ya knows whut ah mean...Hyuk hyuk. ;)

Santino is on Superstars making fun of Vickie. Chavo faces him first.

Why do they keep jobbing the Hart Dynasty? They are suppose to be so good but every time I see them they lose.

Dude, why did I just see a commercial for a ROH show that will be in Detroit June 26 at the State Fairgrounds but they had Flair cut a promo in the commercial which they showed during TNA Impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smith got a win over Christian on ECW last night.

Also, didn't Kurt Angle refuse the spinal fusion to opt for another surgery that only left him out of the ring for a few months?

[quote name='diddy310']Smith got a win over Christian on ECW last night.

Also, didn't Kurt Angle refuse the spinal fusion to opt for another surgery that only left him out of the ring for a few months?[/QUOTE]
Well I don't normally watch ECW until the weekend so good to know one of them won recently.

[quote name='cdeener']

Why do they keep jobbing the Hart Dynasty? They are suppose to be so good but every time I see them they lose.

[/QUOTE]

Where's the guy who said that he hoped that the don't fuck up the Hart Dynasty?

Bischoff posted his thoughts on Raw

Loved the hot open and re-cap of last weeks show. The effects and music was awesome and WWE’s production talents are really highlighted in the package.

Jericho and Rey was fun to watch, and both men have great matches still to come, but from a story line point of view…been there done this so many times, its hard to get into the angle.

Liked the Cena/Orton interview from a performance point of view, but putting two top performers together in an interview where they both have stakes, but allow themselves to be humiliated/insulted with no reaction from the other, prohibits any suspension of disbelief….aka: buzzkill.

Really glad to see Vickie walk away from the business to spend more time with her kids. Good for you Vickie.

Love hearing Jim Ross’s voice on at least part of RAW. Can’t imagine the show without him. I’m glad he’s on the only episode I have watched in a while.

The VKM announcement of the new GM tease was weak at best…is it me or are Vince’s ears gaining size on his head?

Rosa Mendes and Mickie James was entertaining. What ever happened to Gail Kim?

Love the UFC video game spots!

Clearly the WWE Wellness Policy is in effect! I purposefully positioned this comment out of order so as not to cast any aspersions to individual talent, but the roster looks way more “well” than they did last time I saw a Raw!

Can’t tell you how useless the Diva backstage promo was. Ughh. What ever happened to Gail Kim anyway?

Triple H’s entrance is weak, old and so tired I went to go floss my teeth when it started. He looks like a Lhasa Apso genetic experiment gone bad. Get him some new music for Gods sake, and a hair-cut. One word describes HHH character: dated.

The Fatal Fourway? Good for what it is was I suppose, and the individual performances were great, but there is something about these clusterfu*ks that just leave me bored.

The VKM revelation that he “sold RAW” was lame. When you start out a story line with a premise that is completely unbelievable, should it be a surprise that the audiences gags on it? Trump isn’t good in this role and is too forced. My guess is that Trump will bring in Ric to handle day-to-day duties on his behalf, and at least give fans something to get excited about for a while.

Enjoyed seeing Teddy Long…Hey Teddy, remember those Friday night Casa Galardo margaritas? Those were the days!

3 hours of anything is a long time.

Did I actually hear someone say “more better” in commentary? 3 hours of this is a really long time.

Golddust and Hornswaggle? Too f’n goofy for comment. And Miz, make me believe. Because right now I don’t.

CM Punk was the best interview I heard all night. He’s believable, his in ring work is great, and he’s comfortable in his character. Props on the respect for Masawa. Can’t say enough good things about him. Matt Hardy’s mic skills are marginal in this interview. Unless he was just having an off night, his interview skills reached a plateau a few years ago.
WTF is Jeff Hardy’s character supposed to be? He looks like Papa Shango after a Lap-Band procedure, and doesn’t look he could crack an egg. Enjoyed watching Edge, but the match was a bit too much of a spot fest for my liking, although I recognize some people enjoy that type of match. Did I mention that I hate 3 ways, 4 ways?

The Kidd/Hart/Carlito/Primo match was filler. Yawn.

Santino Morella is funny stuff. I usually cringe at WWE/McMahon humor, but this was fun.

The main event just bored me. 3 ways, 4 ways, 10 ways are just cheap ways to camouflage the lack of story and issues between the performers. I am the first one to defend writers/producers who are challenged to come up with fresh ideas for the same pool of talent week after week, but there is a consistent pattern in WWE story telling that just leaves me feeling flat.

I was glad to see some of the guys I’ve worked with in the past, as well as really getting a chance to get my first real look at CM Punk. I don’t think I could get myself to sit through another 3 hour show, but look forward to checking out another Raw next time my schedule (and wife) permits it.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']Where's the guy who said that he hoped that the don't fuck up the Hart Dynasty?[/QUOTE]

I'm one of them. I've seen them win on their own but not as a tag team.

TNA was pretty entertaining tonight. Raven had a really good promo. WWE just bores the hell out of me but I've been digging TNA more and more. I'm looking forward to the PPV.

[quote name='diddy310']Smith got a win over Christian on ECW last night.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Christian will discover that he just got "TNA'd."

Came it semi-hot, got a title and lost it. He'll be jobbing and lost in the shuffle soon enough, become disenchanted with WWE, see TNA as a better option, and jump there when his contract is up or he is released.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

What? You thought you were going to get a PPV main event? Check your prescription, Captain Charisma.

Christian needs to get the hell off of ECW if he really wants to do anything in the company. If Jeff Hardy leaves, Smackdown's going to be really short on faces and could really use a guy like Christian (plus he's got history with Edge and Jericho).

I figured Christian would go back to WWE, get the short-lived "he's back" pop then get buried again. Nothing says "welcome back to the WWE" better than getting sent to ECW.

Speaking of TNA, I thought they had too many commercial breaks tonight. I'd like to see Jay Lethal drop the Macho Man impression. It's been going on way too long imo. I like the Raven/Daffney team they've got going.

[quote name='diddy310']Also, didn't Kurt Angle refuse the spinal fusion to opt for another surgery that only left him out of the ring for a few months?[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. IIRC, the procedure hadn't been performed a lot at that point which was the biggest risk about it. I think there was an incision made around the collarbone as opposed to opening up the back of the neck. Much less invasive which allowed for the significantly shorter recovery time.

Impact was pretty good tonight, enjoyed Ravens spots. His match with Murdoch was pretty good, liked where he went flying through the half cage. I'm curious as to how the PPV will look this Sunday at that huge arena in Detroit.

[quote name='mykevermin']A quick rundown of Impact showed fewer than 20 minutes (closer to 17) of matches.

WTF.[/QUOTE]

It was heavy on the segments,although Red and Daniels had a solid match. TNA has been hitting the spot for me. It's so much more interesting to watch than WWE at this point. I dunno if something is in the water, but I'm becoming a TNA fan. I just wish that they would take the belt off Foley because him as champion is a joke. AJ or somebody else should have the title.

I don't disagree that something about TNA has made the show more enticing - but I don't feel any strong desire to watch it. Maybe because it's taped?

Beats me. 17 minutes of wrestling over 2 hours doesn't do much to make me anticipate next week's show either. It is improving, but a shade over a quarter hour of wrestling doesn't, at all, convince me that this is the alternative to the WWE.

[quote name='Vince McMahon']Wasn't WCW Nitro 3 hours EVERY week? Ho, ho, ho I'm Vince McMahon, dammit![/QUOTE]

Didn't he job out that Terra Ryzing and fire that Stunning Steve guy, Vince? You could bring that up.

I only caught the last 20 minutes or so of Impact (was busy with Killer7), and even then it was mostly background noise.

Did anything important happen?

[quote name='mykevermin']A quick rundown of Impact showed fewer than 20 minutes (closer to 17) of matches.

WTF.[/QUOTE]

as i said a long time ago, funny how when TNA started they were all "shut up and wrestle" now its 17 minutes of wrasslin' and over an hour of segments

Sports entertainment, guys.

I wish that people would try to compete against the WWE with a totally different product as opposed to changing to do the WWE's style.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']I don't disagree that something about TNA has made the show more enticing - but I don't feel any strong desire to watch it. Maybe because it's taped?

Beats me. 17 minutes of wrestling over 2 hours doesn't do much to make me anticipate next week's show either. It is improving, but a shade over a quarter hour of wrestling doesn't, at all, convince me that this is the alternative to the WWE.[/QUOTE]

No doubt TNA needs to go live. It needs more wrestling too. Even when the matches do take place, it feels too rehearsed. That's my main beef with the wrestling. I think if it goes live it will really help the show. Foley as champ also kills the show in a way. He should have never been given the title.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Dave Meltzer, WWE is keeping their options open when it comes to the future of CM Punk. At this point, he is still considered a babyface despite the mixed reactions he has been getting as of late. If Punk gets booed heavily in his upcoming match at The Bash with Jeff Hardy, it is more likely that WWE will pull the trigger and turn him full-fledged heel.

:whistle2:k

Hopefully the AAA game gets a US release - it looks interesting enough, and if we're lucky, it'll be a budget title.

[quote name='Scorch']The AAA game's animations look really.. wonky. Hopefully it'll end up being decent.[/QUOTE]
I bought Warzone and Attitude on release date, as well as Power Move Pro Wrestling. I'm not above playing ugly wrestling games.

[quote name='JJSP']Hopefully the AAA game gets a US release - it looks interesting enough, and if we're lucky, it'll be a budget title.[/QUOTE]

It should be an easy find mail order at least. Does it remind anyone else of the TNA game?

Candice Michelle was released today. This is pretty funny because I just recently read that she had finally been cleared to wrestle. She's almost as injury-prone as Kennedy.

Also, Sim Snuka got cut. For some reason, I thought this happened awhile ago.

I bought the Eddie Guerrero DVD at BB today for $8.53. $12.99 on sale (through 6/20), used a $5 RZ coupon and paid for it with store credit. For $13 everybody should get it.

The Morrison vs Edge match definitely seemed to be the highlight of the show. Not that the match itself was mind-blowing , but was more entertaining than most of the rest of the matches.

First show I've actually seen since Wrestlemania.

[quote name='StarKnightX']The Morrison vs Edge match definitely seemed to be the highlight of the show. Not that the match itself was mind-blowing , but was more entertaining than most of the rest of the matches.

First show I've actually seen since Wrestlemania.[/QUOTE]

The best part of the show was at the end off air. The had an impromptu cage match with Edge and Jericho getting beat by Mysterio and Hardy. After the heels lost and the faces left the ring, Edge and Jericho got mad and Jericho started elbow dropping his championship belt in the ring. :lol:

After that, Edge was leaving and they played his music, but stopped. He got mad and told him to play it again and they started playing Hogan's music and he broke character started doing Hogan poses, then they did Doink's theme, Vince's theme, the Rock's theme, Austin's theme, even Flair's theme and Edge was imitating their walks/entrances. It was hilarious. :lol: It really made me want to see a face Edge because that was the best part of the whole night IMO.

I'll say this much, being there live is so much better than watching it on TV.

AAA game looks cool. I will play any new wrestling game that comes out, no matter how shitty it is. Is Vampiro still in AAA?

bread's done
Back