MK vs DC ... FATALITIES :O

drone8888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I did a search, didn't see a page on this, but I'm sure I've read about it here somewhere. Please move this if there is another thread. :)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/888/888714p1.html

Watch the video to the end :)

Prior to this new E3 vid, Boon said that there would be no fatalities. As to not tarnish the DC image for fans, and for a younger audience to experience it, if I remember the interview correctly.

This is awesome news, as the game actually looks amazing. Here's hoping Midway does it right.

I don't know why, but if there are fatalities in the game, I hope you can turn them off. I know it's Mortal Kombat's thing, and I've always enjoyed them in previous MK games, but something just doesn't feel right about killing heroes I've grown up with. I know, I know... No one says you have to use the fatalities. I just wouldn't want the computer pulling them off either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly sure I read that the DC Heroes will not have fatalities, but instead something more akin to a brutality (an incredibly punishing move that doesn't kill). The DC Villains will get fatalities.

[quote name='Rodimus']This game seems odd to me. I can't imagine Superman doing a "Fatality." Plus the animation still seems to stiff :cold:[/quote]

MK team has some pretty bad animators fo sho

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm convinced that the best animation the series ever had was in MK2.[/quote]

The animations did look extremely life-like

[quote name='chasemurata']Yep yep.

I, for one, would like to use Deathstroke and slice Nightwing into a million little pieces. :cool:[/quote]

I am hoping for a great Joker fatality. Something similar to what Alan Moore would come up with would be great.

I really just want a full roster soon.

[quote name='chasemurata']Yep yep.

I, for one, would like to use Deathstroke and slice Nightwing into a million little pieces. :cool:[/quote]
Holy shit! I completely forgot about Deathstroke, though that would be badass with all his weapons. Though I'm still much more a Dick Grayson fan.

I'm pretty curious as to how they will explain the story of this game. I wonder if they will include Bizarro into the list of characters.

I thought the problem wasn't just that DC characters wouldn't do fatalities, it was that they also couldn't have them done TO them, a la car manufacturers being reluctant to allow damage modeling for a long time. Perhaps the AOL Time Warner IP lawyers had a change of heart?

[quote name='grndoom']I'm pretty curious as to how they will explain the story of this game. I wonder if they will include Bizarro into the list of characters.[/QUOTE]

A MK game turning down a chance for a platelet swap?

[quote name='joshnorm']I am hoping for a great Joker fatality. Something similar to what Alan Moore would come up with would be great.

I really just want a full roster soon.[/QUOTE]

Joker beats you down with a pipe, sets a bomb on you and blows you up. :)

this game is gonna suck but it will sell very well due to the merging of 2 very popular ( or one very popular one so so popular) properties. im still waiting for them to make a 3d marvel fighting game using an improved version of the hulk engine now that would be fun especially if you throw in villans, destructable environments and online 4 to 6 player vs play.

mk and dc just dont mix well hell superman could wipe out all the mk characters on his own so wtf are they going to do to explain how mk characters can hang with the dc ones? or hey why not a teen titans fighting game?

[quote name='drone8888']I did a search, didn't see a page on this, but I'm sure I've read about it here somewhere. Please move this if there is another thread. :)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/888/888714p1.html

Watch the video to the end :)

Prior to this new E3 vid, Boon said that there would be no fatalities. As to not tarnish the DC image for fans, and for a younger audience to experience it, if I remember the interview correctly.

This is awesome news, as the game actually looks amazing. Here's hoping Midway does it right.[/quote]
no he said there would be fatalities. he just said the heroes wouldn't have fatalities. "superman's not going to kill someone." MK chars will have them & villains will have them from what i understand.

which sort of conflicts w/ the early reports of DC not wanting it's chars to die in game.

[quote name='lokizz']this game is gonna suck but it will sell very well due to the merging of 2 very popular ( or one very popular one so so popular) properties. im still waiting for them to make a 3d marvel fighting game using an improved version of the hulk engine now that would be fun especially if you throw in villans, destructable environments and online 4 to 6 player vs play.

mk and dc just dont mix well hell superman could wipe out all the mk characters on his own so wtf are they going to do to explain how mk characters can hang with the dc ones? or hey why not a teen titans fighting game?[/quote]
superman's vulnerabilities are kryptonite & magic

MK is basically magic

I was never a big Superman kid, I always liked Batman and most Vertigo titles. As a child though, someone told me that Superman couldn't fly on Krypton, only on Earth and where the gravity wasn't as strong. Not sure if that holds a grain of salt, but even if it doesn't, I'm sure team Midway can muster up some zany Outworld nonsense as to vulnerabilities. "Reptile's acid is actually Kryptonian ooze"!!

[quote name='drone8888']I was never a big Superman kid, I always liked Batman and most Vertigo titles. As a child though, someone told me that Superman couldn't fly on Krypton, only on Earth and where the gravity wasn't as strong. Not sure if that holds a grain of salt, but even if it doesn't, I'm sure team Midway can muster up some zany Outworld nonsense as to vulnerabilities. "Reptile's acid is actually Kryptonian ooze"!![/QUOTE]

I'm no Superman scholar, but if I remember correctly, what gives Superman his powers is the sun (yellow star). Krypton has a red star(?) and therefore he wasn't a superhero there (well, actually, he was just a baby there, but no one was a super hero). Though, I think that like with most comic stuff that explanation has been changed and shifted around many times.

Oh, yah, I've heard that too :) Thanks :)
Someone once bought me the issue where Doomsday killed him, I wonder if that's worth anything. Maybe I should open it and read it lolz :D

I think it will be more like when it's a MK vs. MK match, they will allow fatalities, but when it's a MK vs. DC match, there won't be any.

Just my $.02.

bread's done
Back