MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

Destro, when can you play man, I'm available any time tonight and anytime tomorrow although I prefer not to play when the Tigers are on (between 7 and 10 est)

[quote name='DestroVega']I thought I can only play Yukine?

I really can't play until Friday now... but I'm off all day.[/QUOTE]

I know you just got back from CA earlier this week, but I guess you missed the post I made the day before you got back. Look at post #1030. As much as people want to rave about flex scheduling, it's basically broken because games in the current round keep holding up the schedule. Your game with talon is what's holding everybody up (not just you though...there are two other games...). Honestly, you playing yukine won't help anybody.

This is getting frustrating as hell. It's bad enough that MLB 09's online structure is convoluted as hell, but at the least, I need you guys to pay attention to this thread. It's not like it's moving too fast to keep up. Everybody has until 11:59 PM EST on 5/22 to get their game in the current round played or I'll be picking winners so we can move on. Please don't make me do this, because this is what leads to bitching, and people claiming that I'm showing favoritism and other BS. What people fail to realize is that if they played their games, I wouldn't be in this position. Play your games.

We can play our match after the game with talon, Destro. Just send me a PM with a day and time a little bit an advance, otherwise I might not see it in time like the last PM.

Hey guys, I've been MIA for a while, just been really busy, but I had a lot of games played so I wouldn't hold things up. I'm still just as committed to the league though, so n8, don't think I jumped ship.

[quote name='Wpark83']Hey guys, I've been MIA for a while, just been really busy, but I had a lot of games played so I wouldn't hold things up. I'm still just as committed to the league though, so n8, don't think I jumped ship.[/QUOTE]

It's cool man. You've played plenty of games. You're the least of our problems, haha.

[quote name='talonthrawn']What time Friday Destro, I can play after 4:30 or so EST. Prefer to play sometime between then and 7 EST.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Nate, for some reason I thought I was playing Yukine, and I sent him the PM tuesday night to play....

Talon, I can play anytime tonight... you let me know. between 430-7 EST is fine, just let me know via PM it will go to my phone

Sorry for the mess up guys. I don't know where my head was at.

Talon... you are my arch nemesis... I don't think I'll ever beat you lol.

I kind of have myself to blame, that 8th inning could have been big and I tried to stretch it into a triple...

good game.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, gg tho man. We both suck at base running. I tried to stretch that triple into an inside the park HR then for some reason Rollins didn't slide. If I woulda not tried that and the Taveras steal that woulda been a two run inning. But oh well, well played man. We will play again.

Good job getting that game in guys! Really appreciate it. The other 4 players have about 2 hours to get their games in. Sadly, I don't have as much confidence in that happening... :bomb:

I tried setting a game up with Basket, but the only time he was free was 9 PM last night, which didn't work for me. Haven't heard from him yet, though I'll probaly be free to play it after the Cubs game tonight, or tomorrow afternoon.

[quote name='stewie75']I tried setting a game up with Basket, but the only time he was free was 9 PM last night, which didn't work for me. Haven't heard from him yet, though I'll probaly be free to play it after the Cubs game tonight, or tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]

No need to worry about it stewie. The deadline for that round of games was tonight. Basket's effort has been lackluster to say the least, and even if he had played that game with you, he still would have been short of the 7 games played minimum. What's really ridiculous is that when ivanctorres was dropped, he got a free win, so technically, he's only actually played 4 games this whole time. Suffice to say, he's been dropped from the league, and is now blacklisted from future CAG leagues.

We had one other member dangerously close to being kicked out as well. jza1218 only met the 7 game minimum because of the game I had to resolve between him and NoNova. This also includes a free win against ivanctorres, so the actual number of games played is not enough. I really didn't want to kick out more than one member though in the hope that doing all this will jumpstart the league again.

In that regard, when I resolved the last two games of this current round, the schedule opened up through series 12. When I dropped BasketCase from the league, it opened up through series 16. There should now be several games available to play, and zero excuses for why 2 games can't be played per week. Because of the free wins due to players being dropped, nobody has played less then 9 games now.

The next minimum game requirement will be 11 total games, and it will be due next Friday (5/29) at 11:59 PM EST.

Players in danger of being kicked out of the league are jza1218 and stewie75, who both have 9 games played. I need to see 2 games from you guys this week if you wish to continue. Let's make it happen.

Once again, I hope this can get us back on the right track because all this maintenance is disheartening.

thanks for keeping things moving N8 ... your league (based on my experiences w/you last year) was the reason I bought the game.

Play ball!

I'll be available to play my games this Sunday through Tuesday, pretty flexible schedule so just PM me if you want to set up a time to play.

From Wednesday and after, I can play after midnight EST. I know I have a game available with n8, but haven't been able to check on the other games that just opened up yet.

I'll also be on tonight after 12:30 AM.

If anyone's up for playing right now, I'm available right now. Family stuff goin on in about an hour, so hoping to fit one in before then. PM me, it'll go to my phone.

I can play after 3: pm EST tommorow amore and I think the same for mon and tues. Free all day on wed and thurs. I play the Giants.

Good game GenDV! You had me really worried when Lackey started losing it. Luckily, your pitcher didn't fair much better after you tied it up. I also couldn't get out Dan Uggla to save my life, haha. His last AB, I really wanted to bean him, but I didn't want you to think I was being a dick. But then, lo and behold, he gets another base hit. I should have beaned him, lol. Good game though.

Destro - great game. Once again, my lack of baserunning ability bit me in the arse.

I gave up 3 hits, and 3 runs... I knew one of your big hitters was gonna get ahold of one. I was hoping I could eek out another run somewhere before that happened.

Well played anyway. Good luck the rest of the way.
Keith

Dude... crazy game... I thought that one run Wang gave up in the first was going to stand... Longoria doubles with a man on 2nd in the 7th to tie it... I then made that play in the 9th, getting your guy at home and the runner between 1st and 2nd... Longoria then bashed one out. Crazyness.... great game man.

I'm on now, for anyone who wants to play. Just message me on PSN, since I'll be playing Infamous. I should be back tonight(around 1030) as well.

Yeah, good games jza and Keith.

Had a pretty close game with Keith, tied 2-2 into the 10th inning but he managed to get the winning run in the bottom of the 10th.

I was going to get on, but I'm starting to feel sick, and I have to be up early in the morning. So if I'm still in this league come tomorrow, I should be on tomorrow night.

Good game, GenDV. It was a close game until I was able to rally in the 6th inning. And that diving catch of yours was ridiculous, Holliday probably took a bat to the Gatorade dispenser in the dugout. :lol:

[quote name='GenDV138']Yeah, good games jza and Keith.

Had a pretty close game with Keith, tied 2-2 into the 10th inning but he managed to get the winning run in the bottom of the 10th.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - good game. Glad I had some speed to pinch run there in 10th.

[quote name='yukine']Good game, GenDV. It was a close game until I was able to rally in the 6th inning. And that diving catch of yours was ridiculous, Holliday probably took a bat to the Gatorade dispenser in the dugout. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah good game, yukine. That diving catch was pretty nice, I wasn't sure that I'd be able to make it in time!

All right guys, it's good to see some of you getting back to playing and moving your season forward. There were, however, a few teams that haven't played at all since last week (or who knows in how long). Based on the 11 game minimum I set a week ago, there are currently four teams who are short of that. Sadly, all four of them are in the National League.

If I were to kick all four of these people out of the league, the NL wouldn't even have enough left to send to the playoffs (since four teams make it). I've given it some thought, and this is what I'm going to do. Since the schedule is not currently gridlocked, I'm removing the "minimum games played" requirement temporarily.

HOWEVER, when (and I say "when" because I expect it) we get to a point where the schedule is stuck again, dropping will begin again, starting with the team with the least number of games played. Right now, stewie75, that's you. You've got 9 total games on your record...3 of which have been free wins. I'm asking you one final time to be more active. Otherwise, you'll be the first one dropped when the time comes.

That's all for now, guys. Get those games played!

[quote name='m_d_amore']statnut you around today for a game?[/QUOTE]

I'll be around tonight. Just got back from work and bj's. I will be on at 1030-1100 est.

[quote name='jza1218']I'll be around tonight. Just got back from work and bj's. I will be on at 1030-1100 est.[/QUOTE]

hit me up on psn when you want to play later i should be on

i would like to join on this when its over.

i suck btw 0-2 atm :/ probably because i lag and have to hit the ball after it disappears sometimes.

Also i wanted to know i filed for free agency and it won't let me sign with another team or try to anyone know why?

jza and I played an abbreviated "Subway Series" last night. I hopped out to a 1-0 lead in the 2nd on a Brad Hawpe home run. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see if the run would stand (which I seriously doubt it would have) because the game disconnected in the 3rd. I was worried it was my fault because my wife had been uploading files all day, but I guess she had finished by that point.

Then, I saw that jza was given the loss, so apparently it was something on his end. It really sucked because he was 10-0 to that point, and that's a shitty way to get your first loss. I know many of us have gotten losses from disconnects though, so maybe it will all balance out in the end. I just wish SCEA would have made an option for commissioners to reset games, so they could be replayed.

Or at the very least, make the games in league play not count until you've completed 5 innings. Then, it would at least be like real life, and you could call it a "rain shortened" game. I guess then you'd have to worry about people intentionally disconnecting if they fell behind, but there's gotta be a better solution than handing out a 3 inning loss. I at least feel better that I did have the lead, but still, not a great way to win.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

Then, I saw that jza was given the loss, so apparently it was something on his end. It really sucked because he was 10-0 to that point, and that's a shitty way to get your first loss. I know many of us have gotten losses from disconnects though, so maybe it will all balance out in the end. I just wish SCEA would have made an option for commissioners to reset games, so they could be replayed.
[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it doesnt have to be something on either end, I think the win is assigned to whoever has the lead at the time. Thats my guess. But yeah, shitty way to get my first loss, especially since wpark is 10-1 as well.

[quote name='jza1218']I'm thinking it doesnt have to be something on either end, I think the win is assigned to whoever has the lead at the time. Thats my guess. But yeah, shitty way to get my first loss, especially since wpark is 10-1 as well.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's not how it worked last year. Last year, it gave the loss to whoever's connection was responsible for the drop. Otherwise, people could disconnect intentionally as soon as they gained the lead, and get an easy win. But this year's game has so many blips and glitches, I wouldn't even begin to guess why anything happens, lol. Plus, there have been a lot of disconnects in the league, so it's not like it's just you.

Anyone gonna be around today? I haven't been able to play a league game for a while, and I'm itching to get one in. Off the top, I think some of my opponents include n8, wpark, yukine, talon, and md.

[quote name='Supreme']Anyone gonna be around today? I haven't been able to play a league game for a while, and I'm itching to get one in. Off the top, I think some of my opponents include n8, wpark, yukine, talon, and md.[/QUOTE]

I could play you around 10 PM Eastern time.

managed to fix itself. The rosters have been finalized, and
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I'll be available tonight starting around 6 PM eastern if anyone wants to play our game. Think I just have Destro and Stewie left to play. Feel free to send me a message on PSN, should be on there most of the time.

bread's done
Back