MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

[quote name='melokeith']who is sitting, staring at a tv and laughing... or crying... or throwing shit[/QUOTE]

I was pretty happy with my team, until I saw auto draft selected Mark Ellis, Chad Gaudin and Rich Aurilla for me. Ugh, not the bench I prefer.

But I am happy with my starting lineup.
C-McCann
1B-Davis
2B-Polanco
SS-Tulowitzki
3B-Wright
LF-Drew
CF-Beltran
RF-McLouth

My object was to combine solid defense, power, and contact. I think I did that, as up the middle I am very good defensively, I have good power at the corners and catcher, and contact at a few spots.

m_d_amore needs to set to autodraft. That might be our only chance of saving this. It's showing him as being up to pick with the clock at -6:45. Anybody else seeing that?

[quote name='jza1218']I was pretty happy with my team, until I saw auto draft selected Mark Ellis, Chad Gaudin and Rich Aurilla for me. Ugh, not the bench I prefer.

But I am happy with my starting lineup.
C-McCann
1B-Davis
2B-Polanco
SS-Tulowitzki
3B-Wright
LF-Drew
CF-Beltran
RF-McLouth

My object was to combine solid defense, power, and contact. I think I did that, as up the middle I am very good defensively, I have good power at the corners and catcher, and contact at a few spots.[/quote]

Yeah - but I meant who knows if it'll even finish... your team may not ever exist.

If it stays like this, I'm going to go get myself banned over at OS. People deserve to know how shitty this aspect of the game is. It's horrible. It's like a non-functioning piece of PC shovelware that crashes your system. It's ALMOST enough to make me want to trade it in.

Nope, mine's frozen at Round 1, 0:00.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']m_d_amore needs to set to autodraft. That might be our only chance of saving this. It's showing him as being up to pick with the clock at -6:45. Anybody else seeing that?[/quote]

[quote name='melokeith']Yeah - but I meant who knows if it'll even finish... your team may not ever exist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I will be pissed if that happens. It's odd, I had a draft the other night, and it went smooth as can be. 8 teams, with 5 people showing up, it took just over an hour, and there were no problems like this.

[quote name='Supreme']Dear Playstation,
MLB 09 The Show says I can't participate in a properly working draft. You're gonna fix that right?[/QUOTE]

Can we get Pedroia for this commercial?

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah, I know. I will be pissed if that happens. It's odd, I had a draft the other night, and it went smooth as can be. 8 teams, with 5 people showing up, it took just over an hour, and there were no problems like this.[/quote]

Trust me, you're in the minority. There are horror stories all over the SCEA boards. Having a league with real rosters isn't a "fix all" either. I found this earlier:

lg had draft problems..now...we had a league game going and it said failed to execute sql error 3 and my team and another dont even show being in league. twelve player league is now a 10 player league...fix this **** sony

But now that I'm looking, I also found this:

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

http://***.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/308848-patc

h-announcement-mlb-development-team.html

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Trust me, you're in the minority. There are horror stories all over the SCEA boards. Having a league with real rosters isn't a "fix all" either. I found this earlier:[/QUOTE]

Oh I believe it, I'm just lucky thus far. This was just posted at OS:

PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

[quote name='jza1218']Can we get Pedroia for this commercial?[/quote]

I'll see what I can do. Next best thing I could do is get an angry n8 to do it.

Btw, it shows Round 1 0:00 for me as well.

scenarios? if it deletes the draft do we have to start over and what's not to say the same shiz doesn't happen again

I'm guessing we will restart team selection, then use regular rosters until they release a patch.

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that considering how much time we just wasted making our picks.

I'm infuriated that this game is such a huge piece of shit, and anybody denying it (the retards at OS told me I was being a spoiled little bitch if I didn't appreciate what SCEA has done for us, and that I had a false sense of entitlement), is a fucking homer. I paid $60 for the game...I think I'm ENTITLED for it to work as advertised. It's not like this is a small thing either. The historical stats glitch I can give them a pass on. That's easy to overlook. But having the fantasy draft that they made such a big deal out of, be flat out BROKEN, is inexcusable. That's shoddy workmanship, and the loser in charge of that department should trade his job in for something he might be able to handle...like at Burger King. I'll probably post something to this effect over at OS, so when I get banned, if I ever need a roster or something from the people who are actually worth while over there, would one of you guys mind sending it to me? lol. I actually love the guys who do the work and make the games better, but I will not be told that I can't speak my mind by some asshole communist moderators.

Anyway, here's my suggestion for what we do now. Have a simple double elimination tournament until this shit gets patched. I still want to have a real league...a working league. And I'd like to be able to duplicate what we did tonight. Has everybody written down who they picked? If at all possible, when we "re-do" the draft, I'd like us to all pick the same guys up to where we got cut off...which was what? The 16th round? I don't know what to do about guys who picked FA's though. I'd say pick somebody else...but then that throws the rest of the picks off. I don't know. I need some brainstorming help there. That's just my idea though. I like the team I drafted, and I hate to just throw that 2 hours away for nothing.

Everyone should post their rosters now, while they are fresh in their memories:

C-McCann
1B-Davis
2B-Polanco
SS-Tulowitzki
3B-Wright
LF-Drew
CF-Beltran
RF-McLouth

SP-Hamels
SP-Cain
SP-Price
SP-Randy Johnson
SP-Kershaw
RP-Devine
CP-Ryan

I just checked, now I am able to see who is on my roster in the draft section, so maybe its starting to work again. I wound up with: Burrell, Ankiel, Teagarden, Gaudin, Aurilla, Ellis.

SP - Lincecum
SP - Joba
SP - Zito
SP - Beckett
SP - James Shields
RP - Wakefield
CP - Brian Fuentes

C- Joe Mauer
1B - Carlos Pena
2B - Luis Castillo
SS - Jason Bartlett
3B - Michael Young
LF - Carlos Guillien
CF - Arron Rowand
RF - Justin Upton

EDIT: got it all.

Yeah...like I've been telling people, I LOVE The Show. Baseball is my favorite sport, and The Show is the greatest baseball series I've ever played. But they fucked up HUGE this year. I've never seen a console game that has multiple ways to crash your entire system and corrupt your save files. This is without a doubt the WORST programming job I've ever seen. It scares me how long it might take to get everything patched considering how many problems there are.

SP - Halladay
SP - Haren
SP - Lackey
SP - J. Saunders
RP - S. Shields
RP - Balfour
RP - J. Nelson
CP - K-Rod

C - Doumit
1B - D. Lee
3B - A-Rod
SS - C. Guzman
LF - Ludwick
CF - Upton
RF - Hawpe

1b Pujols
rf Ichiro
Cf Ellsbury
Lf Crawford
3b Glaus
2b Freddy sanchez
c Soto
ss Punto
dh Konerko
util Coco crisp

sp
Oswalt
Kazmir
Bonderman
Buehrle
Arroyo

cp street

rp Betancourt

After seeing all your guys' lineups, I really want to keep them exactly the same even if we have to redo the draft. Just seeing these different lineups with guys you'd never see together is really exciting. I'm hoping that when the patch comes out, it will fix FA's not appearing on the roster. If it does, I'd be fine with letting the guys who drafted them keep them. BUT if it doesn't fix that problem, here's my idea for dealing with it.

Obviously, when we go through the draft again, those spots where you picked FA's will come up before all these picks are made. If everybody here posts their roster up to where we got cut off (before the auto picks), you'll have a list of who's no longer available. Then you can fill that FA spot with somebody who was left after the 15+ rounds. This may sound "impossible", but all it takes is a little attention. In my opinion, doing a little extra leg work is better than forcing you to have an empty slot or two on your team.

Keith...how do you have 17? We got cut off in the 16th round (not sure who even got to pick in the 16th). We're not including any of the late round auto picks.

C - Y. Molina
1B - C. Delgado
2B - D. Pedroia
3B - M. Reynolds
SS - M. Tejada
LF - J. Bay
CF - C. Gomez
RF - J. Dye

SP - D. Matsuzaka
SP - T. Hudson
SP - J. Vazquez
SP - J. Danks
SP - G. Floyd
RP - D. Wheeler
RP - M. Delcarmen
CP - B. Jenks

The players that were auto-picked for me were Casilla, Aviles, Masterson, Romero, Linebrink, and Lopez (all were on my queue, not back to back though).

Last edited by a moderator:
C - ?
1B - David Ortiz
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Chipper Jones
SS - JJ Hardy
LF - Alfonso Soriano
CF - Mike Cameron
RF - Corey Hart
Bench - Jason Giambi, ?
SP - Billingsley
SP - Y. Gallardo
SP - M. Parra
SP - C. Capuano
SP - ?
RP - Chin Kuo
RP - D. Turnbow
RP - ?
RP - ?
RP - ?
RP - ?
CP - B. Wagner

can we just open a league with regular rosters/no draft? I really just wanna b the brew crew and could care less playing agaisnt a powerhouse like yankees or boston since its about skill... idk if anyone else feels this way.

C - Chris Iannetta
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - Kazuo Matsui
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS - Alexei Ramirez
LF - Matt Holliday
CF - Chris Young
RF - Andre Ethier
Bench - Conor Jackson

SP - Webb
SP - Chris Young
SP - Ted Lilly
SP - Hiroki Kuroda
RP - Tony Pena
RP - Hideki Okajima
CP - Chad Qualls

[quote name='BasketCase1080']can we just open a league with regular rosters/no draft? I really just wanna b the brew crew and could care less playing agaisnt a powerhouse like yankees or boston since its about skill... idk if anyone else feels this way.[/quote]

The thing is, a league would require a minimum of 15 games + playoffs. I'd rather do a double elimination tournament just to kill time until they get the league problems patched. Besides, like I've pointed out, there are glitches in the online league system just in gameplay itself. This was posted by someone on the SCEA boards.

lg had draft problems..now...we had a league game going and it said failed to execute sql error 3 and my team and another dont even show being in league. twelve player league is now a 10 player league...fix this **** sony

The problems seem to extend beyond just the draft, so no matter what we do, we could get screwed. Everything that we did tonight, I thoroughly enjoyed. If only the game could have held up its end of the bargain.

I'm going to post a bracket for the double elimination tournament. I'm going to use the team selection lottery as my order for "seeding". Since we'll be using real rosters for this, everybody just post your team choice in the thread. I'm not doing anything fancy. First come, first serve. I'll give up the Yanks for the tournament, and go with the Angels.

All right, check out the OP for our new plan for action. It's truly pathetic that we've had to go to these measures to enjoy a game. As I told the people ridiculing me on OS, I think I'm done buying sports games day one. Madden was cheesy as hell, NHL 09 had a glitch that allowed people to cheat mercilessly for months and months, and now this. Paying $60 for "updated rosters" was always defensible by the improvements in gameplay. I feel like these games are taking one step forward and two steps back now. Hopefully the tourney will work out though. Like I told my wife earlier...as bad as all this crap is, PLAYING the game is actually pretty fun.

HA! Of course! I just turned my PS3 back on to see if I could take screen caps of everybody's draft list, so we'd have a solid record of who picked who. Lo and behold, I went into the draft screen, and it shows the correct round on the right (22), and shows m_d_amore up to pick with like -246:50 time on the clock. That might not seem like great news, but the funny thing is, it didn't kick me out. I sat in there for about 30 minutes uninterrupted. What's also interesting is that the clock is actually continuing to count up...and seems to be accurate.

I took all the screen caps, and even added players to my queue in attempt to "break the draft" again. It added all the players to my queue no problem, and allowed me to back out. I have no idea if this means anything, but if you guys want to try setting up a queue for your last few picks, be my guest. I don't even know if it will actually let m_d_amore make a choice...or if the brokenness is just more stable now, haha. Hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll stick with the Cardinals for the tournament.

My line up:

SP - Rich Harden
RP - Jose Arredondo
CP - Kerry Wood
C - John Buck
1B - Miguel Cabrera
2B - Dan Uggla
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Jhonny Peralta
LF - Chris Dickerson
CF - Rocco Baldelli
RF - Jonny Gomes