MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Keith...how do you have 17? We got cut off in the 16th round (not sure who even got to pick in the 16th). We're not including any of the late round auto picks.[/quote]

shoot - I dunno - I'll check tonight to see who I put down that I shouldn't have... I had to write them fast b/c it only gave me about 10 sec to look at it before I got booted again

[quote name='stewie75']are the rosters for the online tourney cool? i'll take the dodgers if i have hudson and manny[/quote]

Yeah, stewie, the rosters are fine for regular games. Well, at least in the fact that they're constantly updated...which will include any real life injuries as well. But Manny and Hudson are on the team.

Also, I'd still like guys to check the league again...see if the draft will move at all. It should be m_d_amore's pick...but I also have no idea why it would just be stuck and not autofinish. At this point, I'm just curious really.

awesome, i liked my team last night, it was goin pretty well.

c- v.martinez
1b- morneau
2b- atkins
3b- aramis ramirez
ss- y. escobar
of- sizemore
of-ibanez
of-markakis

sp-felix hernandez
sp-lester
sp-nolasco
sp-cliff lee
sp-wainwright
cp- papelbon
rp- t.bucholz
rp- p.neshak

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, stewie, the rosters are fine for regular games. Well, at least in the fact that they're constantly updated...which will include any real life injuries as well. But Manny and Hudson are on the team.

Also, I'd still like guys to check the league again...see if the draft will move at all. It should be m_d_amore's pick...but I also have no idea why it would just be stuck and not autofinish. At this point, I'm just curious really.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure whose pick it was, but there had been 5 more picks since the last one I saw, which was Hank Blalock. I added some guys to me q, just in case.

the only problem with trying to keep the rosters from the draft last night is that if someone doesnt show, itll probaly autopick players off other teams, as we'd have to go thru the draft process again. you know?

[quote name='stewie75']the only problem with trying to keep the rosters from the draft last night is that if someone doesnt show, itll probaly autopick players off other teams, as we'd have to go thru the draft process again. you know?[/quote]

Well, not if there was no conflict among the queues. That's why sorting out the guys who drafted FA's would be important. They would HAVE to be sure to queue someone for that round who wasn't picked yet by any of us through the 16th round. I'm working out a system right now...it might make things easier.

BUT if what jza1218 is reporting is true, maybe it'll somehow fix itself. When I was able to finally get back on last night Hank Blalock was still the last pick...so, if it's actually moved on since then maybe there's still hope. jza1218, does it say whose turn it is to pick now?

Just checked and it's at round 23 with Keltonian up to pick now. After Hank Blalock, there were 5 more picks, with Cody Ross as the latest pick by BostonCollegeFan.

[quote name='GenDV138']Just checked and it's at round 23 with Keltonian up to pick now. After Hank Blalock, there were 5 more picks, with Cody Ross as the latest pick by BostonCollegeFan.[/quote]

Well hot damn...it's ALIVE!!! Maybe Keltonian can actually get on and make a pick then? I've got an 8 man queue set up for me, so I shouldn't hold anything up. If everybody does the same, we might actually be able to force it to finish. Does anybody else feel like this game is like an old 13 inch black & white TV that you have to screw with and bang on for 3 hours just so you can watch one episode of "I Love Lucy"? lol...that's just the way it makes me feel.

Oh, and I'm just going to post these since I've got them. These are from the screencaps I took last night of the picks everybody had into the 22nd round. The picks at the bottom that are highlighted are the autodrafted ones after everything went to shit (at least I think most of them are. I'm not even sure who got to make a pick in the 17th round. I had Kelly Johnson queued up, but never physically made that pick). Hopefully the draft will fix itself and we won't have to use these, but here they are so you guys can all marvel at your amazing prowess as a GM! :)

1. n8rockerasu
draftn8rocker82.jpg
2. m_d_amore
draftmdamore.jpg
3. BostonCollegeFan
draftbostoncollegefan.jpg
4. zkelton
draftkeltonian.jpg
5. yukine
draftratzombie.jpg
6. Wpark83
draftwpark83.jpg
7. jza1218
draftstatnut.jpg
8. melokeith
draftcusemankeith.jpg
9. talonthrawn
drafttalon7.jpg
10. ivanctorres
draftictesqgamer.jpg
11. NoNova
draftnonova.jpg
12. Supreme
draftcaptainbackslap.jpg
13. stewie75
draftmrfurley75.jpg
14. DestroVega
draftdestrovega.jpg
15. GenDV138
draftgendv138.jpg
16. BasketCase1080
draftkillsbury.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the 6 players autodrafted for me last night, 3 were in my q, so I'm ok with it. I wouldnt have picked Aurilla, Ellis, and I forgot who myself, but its cool, I can find uses for them.

[quote name='jza1218']Out of the 6 players autodrafted for me last night, 3 were in my q, so I'm ok with it. I wouldnt have picked Aurilla, Ellis, and I forgot who myself, but its cool, I can find uses for them.[/quote]

Assuming that the draft will limp to the finish, yeah, I'm ok with what I got too. Not my ideal bench...and I had no desire to have freaking Fernando "Wild Thing" Rodney...but if it means we actually get to play in a league, I can deal.

Oh, and I'm just going to post these since I've got them. These are from the screencaps I took last night of the picks everybody had into the 22nd round. The picks at the bottom that are highlighted are the autodrafted ones after everything went to shit (at least I think most of them are. I'm not even sure who got to make a pick in the 17th round. I had Kelly Johnson queued up, but never physically made that pick). Hopefully the draft will fix itself and we won't have to use these, but here they are so you guys can all marvel at your amazing prowess as a GM! :)

1. n8rockerasu
draftn8rocker82.jpg
2. m_d_amore
draftmdamore.jpg
3. BostonCollegeFan
draftbostoncollegefan.jpg
4. zkelton
draftkeltonian.jpg
5. yukine
draftratzombie.jpg
6. Wpark83
draftwpark83.jpg
7. jza1218
draftstatnut.jpg
8. melokeith
draftcusemankeith.jpg
9. talonthrawn
drafttalon7.jpg
10. ivanctorres
draftictesqgamer.jpg
11. NoNova
draftnonova.jpg
12. Supreme
draftcaptainbackslap.jpg
13. stewie75
draftmrfurley75.jpg
14. DestroVega
draftdestrovega.jpg
15. GenDV138
draftgendv138.jpg
16. BasketCase1080
draftkillsbury.jpg

yea i dunno what happened last night but i had guys in my q i tried a few times to pick wouldnt let me so i gave up

i turned on auto i thought. checked the game this morning before work and was able to make my picks .

checking it now it says its kelts turn in the 23rd like homeboy just said so maybe the draft can complete

[quote name='m_d_amore']yea i dunno what happened last night but i had guys in my q i tried a few times to pick wouldnt let me so i gave up

i turned on auto i thought. checked the game this morning before work and was able to make my picks .

checking it now it says its kelts turn in the 23rd like homeboy just said so maybe the draft can complete[/quote]

Yeah, maybe we all need to turn on auto...although it's impossible to tell if you actually have it on. I mean, I clicked it several times for me, and I don't know if that turns it on, then turns it off...or, if it just reaffirms that you want it on. It's worth a shot though.

its kinda lame tho to do a first come first serve tourney team pick at 2am while im sleeping :/

i dont care who i get for that ill take the shittiest team doesnt matter

anyone else see the "news" when you sign on apologizing for everything and talking about a patch

[quote name='m_d_amore']its kinda lame tho to do a first come first serve tourney team pick at 2am while im sleeping :/

i dont care who i get for that ill take the shittiest team doesnt matter

anyone else see the "news" when you sign on apologizing for everything and talking about a patch[/quote]

It's no more lame than doing it at 10 AM when people are at work or in class. You just see it when you see it. That's kinda the jist of first come, first serve. I just wanted resolution to what turned into a shitty night. There are plenty of teams left man. Look at the OP, and then make your choice.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's no more lame than doing it at 10 AM when people are at work or in class. You just see it when you see it. That's kinda the jist of first come, first serve. I just wanted resolution to what turned into a shitty night. There are plenty of teams left man. Look at the OP, and then make your choice.[/QUOTE]

no but something like ok tommorow at 3 its 1st come 1st serve. giving it a time whatever

the Royals are still garbage right? ill take them

[quote name='talonthrawn']Good rotation, I don't get to keep Manny right? If so terrible fucking lineup[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sorry man. I thought pretty much everybody knew that you couldn't pick free agents. I did my best to make sure everybody was aware that it would screw up your roster big time. Not posting this to bust your balls, but as I looked back through the last 10 pages, it kinda made me laugh how many times it's been brought up. At this point, it's pretty damn funny. To sum up:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, after scouring the message boards, I've come across some interesting info that I guess we should all be aware of.

"very important if u will b doing a fantasy draft do not pick any player that is a free agent on the games default roster ie manny ramirez irod varitek. they will not be on your teams after the draft just a little warning
"

"Please last night our draft kicked everyone off for the last five rounds, I was reading the message board I'm not the only one with these problem but the biggest issue here is that players in my league are missing important players in their roster that they drafted like manni Ramirez, Adan dum and Orlando Cabrera just to mention."

Just keeps getting better and better. Looks like until a patch is released, we can't draft anybody who is wearing a generic "MLB 09" hat in their picture. And for that matter, our draft could just get automatically shut down with five rounds to go. Great...[/quote]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I think they're just unavailable. As far as I know, there aren't any transactions during the season. Based on what I've read, when you draft a free agent, he gets assigned to your AAA team...which you can't access. Seems pretty stupid.[/quote]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just posting this as a constant reminder to everyone: DO NOT CHOOSE ANY PLAYER WHO WAS A FREE AGENT ON THE DEFAULT ROSTER IN THE DRAFT. You won't be able to use him, and it will screw up your roster.[/quote]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Aside from getting everybody signed up, right now, the most important thing to know is to NOT draft players who were free agents on the default roster (Manny, Sheets, Abreu, Griffey, Pettitte, OCab, Pudge, etc.), as the game won't let you use them and it will mess up your roster. If I had any confidence at all that everyone is aware of this, I'd be fine with general baseball talk.[/quote]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I want to answer this before I forget. I don't think that's neccessarily the problem. From my understanding, as long as you don't have the free agents queued up, the game shouldn't choose them. If it does, since people have reported that the last 5 rounds get autodrafted no matter what you do, I'd say the draft is completely broken and it doesn't matter either way.[/quote]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Looking forward to finally getting the league activated and having the draft Tuesday evening. Hope you guys have your queues ready. And remember NO FREE AGENTS!!![/quote]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right, as long as he's ready for the draft tomorrow. Does he know not to draft free agent players?[/quote]

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Is there a list of the Free Agents in the game that we can print out for tommorow?[/quote]

[quote name='melokeith']I have a list I made for myself of the first several (63 in think) free agents - once the list got to scrubs I hadn't heard of, I stopped. Hopefully I won't accidentally draft one of them. I used the default rosters. Feel free to use these, and please let me know if I messed something up!
Keith

Free agents:

Manny Ramirez
Ben sheets
Bobby abreu
Moises alou
Orlando Cabera
Orlando Hudson
Adam dunn
Ivan Rod
Mark Grudzielanek
Curt schill
Will ohman
Ty wigginton
Juan cruz
Rich aurilia
Andy pet
Orlando Hernandez
Pedro Martinez
Tom Gordon
Nomar
Oliver perez
Braden looper
Ray Durham
Dennys reyes
Jason isringhausen
Jon garland
Frank Thomas
Joe crede
Paul lo duca
Chad cordero
Paul byrd
Garret Anderson
Doug mientkiewicz
Jason varitek
Esteban loaiza
Wilfredo ledezma
Andruw jones
Jim Edmonds
Juan uribe
Randy wolf
Kenny rogers
Ken grif jr.
Tom glavine
Joe beimel
Richie sexson
Brian shouse
Jason Jennings
Josh fogg
Eric hinske
Mike timlin
Odaliz perez
Eddie guardado
Livan Hernandez
Cliff floyd
Luis Gonzalez
Mike Sweeney
Eric gagne
Rob mackowiak
Vance Wilson
Mark mulder
Michael Hadley
Aquiline Escobar
Ramiro salas
Zane hanigan
[/quote]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'd advise everybody to print Keith's list (and add Mark Sweeney) to have in front of you so you know who NOT to draft.[/quote]

[quote name='NoNova']Red Sox[/quote]

Red Sox are taken. Supreme chose them.

[quote name='m_d_amore']no but something like ok tommorow at 3 its 1st come 1st serve. giving it a time whatever

the Royals are still garbage right? ill take them[/quote]

But you're nitpicking a moot point. If I put a time on it, it excludes people who aren't available at that time. It's never going to be perfect for everybody. I opened it up for team selection IMMEDIATELY after I had the bracket made. And if you're just going to pick the Royals, what the fuck do you care anyway? It's like you're picking a shitty team out of spite, lol. I don't get it.

Uhm, no reason to be a dick, he was drafted after I got disconnected and I hadn't set up a queue cuz I planned on being there for the whole thing. I see I got Sheets too, fucking fantastic. fuck SCEA this shit is retarded.

How long were you disconnected for? Because you picked a lot of free agents, unless that was the computer.

I'm content with my lineup, I had Pena and Park on my queue so I just have to deal with a couple of guys I didn't want. No big deal.

First of all, when we are ready to proceed with the league, we have to redraft... unless you don't care that I only have 3 SP's I can use, it autodrafted me 2 that are unusable.

Not that I mind being able to throw Liriano, Dusherer, and Wang only... that'd be fine by me, but it kind of kills the rotation theme.

I figure by the end of our playoff everything should be patched and a draft should go off flawless.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Uhm, no reason to be a dick, he was drafted after I got disconnected and I hadn't set up a queue cuz I planned on being there for the whole thing. I see I got Sheets too, fucking fantastic. fuck SCEA this shit is retarded.[/quote]

Wasn't being a dick. I think I even said I didn't mean anything by it. If you had seen how many people ended up picking free agents (even accidentally...which were by far the funniest), you'd understand why me reposting all that stuff is pretty hilarious. It's like seeing a "bridge out ahead" sign 9 times and still driving off a cliff to your death anyway. NoNova was there the whole time, and he drafted 2 FA's. Wpark was there and he drafted Andy Pettitte. As soon as it happened, there were plenty of guys to let them know what they did.

Honestly, I didn't know what happened to you. All I heard was that you got disconnected. I figured you had a queue set up. It blows my mind that the game would do something to break itself automatically, since your pick of Manny came in the 3rd round, and then Sheets in the 5th. I guess I just got lucky that when 5 rounds of players were autodrafted, I didn't get a single free agent.

I do agree though. This shit is super retarded.

I just got home from work, but I'll log in ASAP to see if I can pick. I had a queue, but I think it disappeared. I sure didn't have Bray on it.

For the tourney, I'll take the Mariners and get creamed. LOL.

[quote name='DestroVega']First of all, when we are ready to proceed with the league, we have to redraft... unless you don't care that I only have 3 SP's I can use, it autodrafted me 2 that are unusable.

.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, everyone has these problems. I only have 3 relievers, 2 of which I drafted(Ryan and Devine). Unless you mean they are FA's.

[quote name='DestroVega']First of all, when we are ready to proceed with the league, we have to redraft... unless you don't care that I only have 3 SP's I can use, it autodrafted me 2 that are unusable.

Not that I mind being able to throw Liriano, Dusherer, and Wang only... that'd be fine by me, but it kind of kills the rotation theme.

I figure by the end of our playoff everything should be patched and a draft should go off flawless.[/quote]

You sure the computer autodrafted 2 SP's? You picked Oliver Perez in the 14th round, and I think we were still ok then. Plus, you did pick Jason Varitek in the 13th round...and he's a FA too ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']oh i totally forgot about Varitek... oops[/quote]

Yeah..so, you're probably without a catcher then too right? It really sucks that these imbalances had to happen because now it looks like the draft is going to finish out after all. Just looking at the lists, these are the people who ended up drafting some free agents:

m_d_amore: Ty Wigginton
BostonCollegeFan: Adam Dunn
Wpark83: Andy Pettitte
melokeith: Tom Gordon
talonthrawn: Manny Ramirez, Ben Sheets, Mark Grudzielanek, Juan Cruz
ivanctorres: Moises Alou, Orlando Hudson, Ivan Rodriguez, Will Ohman
NoNova: Bobby Abreu, Orlando Cabrera
DestroVega: Jason Varitek, Oliver Perez, Curt Schilling, Nomar Garciaparra

So, basically, it happened to half the league...with some guys being hit a lot harder than others. Of course, some of these were autodrafts by the computer after the draft crashed (still can't comprehend how it's possible for the game to break itself), but some were mistakes too.

What I would love is if the patch would allow these players to be accessible..then we wouldn't have to redo anything. Since I doubt this may guys want to play being 1-4 guys short, at the least, we should probably just do the tournament, wait for the patch, and re-do the draft exactly the same...hopefully with the FA's being usable this time.

this thing went pretty crazy. im sure im gonna get my ass kicked no matter what team i am... but i thought the first 16 rounds of the draft went not toooooo bad. seriously i suck at this game......

lets just start the league up anyways? If we do another draft itll just be another whole mess, cuz u know people wont stick to just picking the guys they drafted.

If you wanna do a tourny or whatever can I be the brewers still...

let me know how we proceeding. Just wannaplay

I'd like to give the league a shot, but we've got 3 guys who only have 21 players on their roster. Obviously, I would allow them to use whatever shortened rotations they have (since there is no fatigue), but it's up to them if they're willing to play with a short bench. Destro and ivan...do you guys even have a catcher? At this point, it feels like the simplest option, as opposed to setting everything up all over again.

The tournament would be fine...but we wouldn't have the luxury of flex scheduling, so we'd all be waiting on specific games to be played before we could continue. Not to mention, it could be a 2 game experience for some people. I'm somewhat amazed that the draft even managed to bring itself back to life. But even if we use this season as a "test run" and start a new one immediately after it's finished, at the least, it should be a learning experience for all of us. The decision really rests with Destro, talon, and ivan though.

For what it's worth, the league finalized itself, and you can actually view your schedule now. If we just go with it, games can pretty much be started immediately.

Well, I'd prefer to just go ahead with the league since my team is at least complete. I guess it's up to those who don't have a player at every position.

If we play through this one, as N8 says, we can do it all again, hopefully with a fixed game and full complement of players available. The tournament, while it gets us at least playing, won't be any easier to complete, and not necessarily any more balanced.

just my 2 cents,
Keith

I'd have to play one of my non-catchers at catcher, is that possible? If it is, they can't be any worse than Posada?

EDIT: My team autodrafted me Josh Bard in the last round, so at least I HAVE a catcher... So as long as the three SP's is no problem, I'm good to go. Actually, my biggest beef is only getting one lefty in the pen through the auto-draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back