MLB 13: The Show - March 5, 2013 - Cover Athlete Is Andrew McCutchen

Hmmm, this thread is dead. Nobody playing some MLB lately?

Anyways, OS rosters are out, and they include Jackie Bradley Jr.! Perfect.

Any tips on scouting and drafting players?

Just doing RTTS right now, real easy to get to a high overall (86 at the end of the AAA season), this is SP though. I have no discipline when it comes to batting

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Has anyone tried the online? I'm getting the feeling that the draw of this game for many people is the single-player less than the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

You would be correct. The Show has had online issues for many years, though to be fair, baseball is a tough sport to experience online. The slightest lag anywhere at anytime can devastate a game. Football, basketball and soccer can survive small lag spikes a little better.

I picked this up over the weekend, and am having a lot of fun with it. I usually buy it every year, trying to finally get into it, but every year I end up getting rid of it. 13 feels different, like it's finally the version to make me move on from MVP 05. The hitting is much improved, and I like the new throwing meter.

So I haven't played The Show since 10 and picked up a used Vita copy of 13 a couple of days ago to go with my newly purchased Vita. How do I get the Guess PItch to work? On MLB 10 when I picked an area and pitch I would get a rumble and a visual indicator if I picked either location or pitch properly.

But no matter what I change the settings to I can't get it to work the same when in batting practice. Is there a way to get the guess pitch to function like in MLB 10? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I haven't played The Show since 10 and picked up a used Vita copy of 13 a couple of days ago to go with my newly purchased Vita. How do I get the Guess PItch to work? On MLB 10 when I picked an area and pitch I would get a rumble and a visual indicator if I picked either location or pitch properly.

But no matter what I change the settings to I can't get it to work the same when in batting practice. Is there a way to get the guess pitch to function like in MLB 10? Thanks in advance.
In MLB 12, you don't get to guess pitches in batting practice. It may be the same for 13.

Has the baserunning been fixed? Having my RttS player slow to a crawl when rounding every base is extremely infuriating. I should not be getting thrown out at 2B when I hit a ball to the gap in Kaufman Stadium because my guy can't round bases without losing every bit of momentum and having to restart from a near standstill. Runners tend to significantly slow down for a few steps before heading into a slide, as well.

From poking around at OS, baserunning has actually been made worse than it was in 12. Yikes.

Also, the speed ratings are lame. 99 should be Billy Hamilton level, 97 or so should be Yasiel Puig, and 95 should be Mike Trout/Peter Bourjos. Puig hit a ball to RF, paused with his hands in the air for nearly two seconds that wasn't horribly misplayed, and made it into 3rd base standing up by a mile. I live in southern California and get to watch Mike Trout on a near daily basis. There were multiple times on routine balls to the gaps that he easily made it to 3rd for a triple. He got an easy triple on a ball to the LF - LF! - corner, and the ball wasn't misplayed at all.

In short, if your player has 99 speed and baserunning ability, nearly every ball in the gap that reaches the wall should be a triple. Not a contested double.

So I just got this on the PSN store since it was $10 for PSN+ users.  This is the 1st game I've seen that came in 2 parts.  There's a part 1 and part 2, each about 10-12 gigs.

What's up with that?  I've seen some games (like Uncharted 3) that came with a bunch of language packs and stuff like that, but never a Part 1 and Part 2.  It's not going to have two entries on the PSN XMB for the same game is it? Or do they both merge upon install?

There's been plenty of games that have been 20GB or more on the store, so not sure why they chose to split this up.

Weird.

bread's done
Back