MLB The Show 11 Early Release and 29.99 at Target!

robEstyles

CAG Veteran
I'm sure this is very YMMV but I was in Target yesterday and there was a stack of MLB The Show 11 marked down on clearance 50% off. This was not last years game this was the new version that isn't even supposed to be released until March 8th. Someone screwed up royally. Not sure if it was just 1 person at this particular Target that screwed up or some type of a pricing error that could be going on at all Targets. The Target I got mine at was the Milltown,NJ one. There was about 10 left and they weren't in the aisle they were on an end cap in the back of games with all the other clearanced stuff. They must have thought this was last year's version and marked it down.

UPDATE

Here is the picture for anyone that doubts

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/robestyles/092de8ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flakes']Here are some more Targets

Hanover 1167 Washington St Hanover, MA 02339 (781) 499-1961
Boston South Bay 7 Allstate Rd Dorchester, MA 02125 (617) 602-1921
Somerville 180 Somerville Ave Somerville, MA 02143 (617) 776-4036 Watertown 550 Arsenal St Watertown, MA 02472 (617) 924-6574Lincoln 620 George Washington Hwy Lincoln, RI 02865 (401) 642-0080 Smithfield 371 Putnam Pike Ste A-250 Smithfield, RI 02917 (401) 232-1699[/QUOTE]

Any in DC, MD or VA?

[quote name='sclub']Sorry sent this from my dying phone. It's Stonecrest in Georgia. Target must have thought this was a PS Move only game so it was on clearance like the others.[/QUOTE]

Think we finally have the explanation for this deal. And the reason it goes through before the street date, the clearance tag. Lucky few people out there.

Has anyone asked how the game is? I know they're switching to analog controls for pitching and hitting now. I'm not sure if I'm going to like that.

[quote name='breakin2']Has anyone asked how the game is? I know they're switching to analog controls for pitching and hitting now. I'm not sure if I'm going to like that.[/QUOTE]

you have the option to play without using the right analog stick if that helps.

[quote name='breakin2']Has anyone asked how the game is? I know they're switching to analog controls for pitching and hitting now. I'm not sure if I'm going to like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can use classic controls...

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']They only have 2k21 in Marlborough.[/QUOTE]

What is the price for MLB 2k11, I'm not really interested in getting it I'm just wondering the price?

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']They only have 2k21 in Marlborough.[/QUOTE]

Leaving for Targets right now

Normally I would be all excited and run to the only two Targets I know of in the Charleston area, but with gas being so freaking high, unless someone has already checked, I guess I will miss out on this deal.

[quote name='Flakes']What is the price for MLB 2k11, I'm not really interested in getting it I'm just wondering the price?[/QUOTE]

I'm back home now. I didn't actually check the price. Seeing that game on the shelve was like a giant slap in the face and I left.

The Show or bust. Have never been actually in Marlborough, beautiful town.

Smithfield, RI is a negative.
I have yet to check the Warwick store.

Oh well, looks like I'm going to wait until Tuesday.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']I'm back home now. I didn't actually check the price. Seeing that game on the shelve was like a giant slap in the face and I left.

The Show or bust. Have never been actually in Marlborough, beautiful town.[/QUOTE]

Which targets in malborough did you go to? I went to the new one and they were open today even though when I called earlier in the day and they told me it would open tomorrow. I looked around and didn't see MLB 11 the show so I asked and they someone else tried to buy it today and they wouldn't sell it.

In Bristol VA they had the PSP version out, but not the PS3.

I would still appreciate it if someone could hook me up :D. A full reimbursement would be promptly sent.

[quote name='sclub']Sorry sent this from my dying phone. It's Stonecrest in Georgia. Target must have thought this was a PS Move only game so it was on clearance like the others[/QUOTE]

NO... the system marks the stuff on clearance down for us. If you scan it with one of our PDAs, the system acknowledges that it's not on the sales floor but that it has a future location (i.e. on March 8th) yet to be set.

My guess is that this happened: Some stores got a slightly early shipment of MLB 11 before it is given a future sales floor location. When scanned onto the PDA, the screen basically says "No Sales Floor Locations" and "Only Sold on Target.com". Bobby Joe thinks "uh oh, online item! Better discount it so it doesn't stagnate in the backroom!"

Item is stickered, put onto the clearance end-cap, few days later the planogram that has MLB 11 on it is finally in the system. Targets that receive the game after this occurs carry on as normal, backstocking the game until its release date.

I was in the stores on wedsnesday and they didn't have any and Playstation was making comments on friday. It was mainly to quietly bash the idoits at Target.

[quote name='davidb69']I was in the stores on wedsnesday and they didn't have any and Playstation was making comments on friday. It was mainly to quietly bash the idoits at Target.[/QUOTE]

"Idoits?"

[quote name='Flakes']Which targets in malborough did you go to? I went to the new one and they were open today even though when I called earlier in the day and they told me it would open tomorrow. I looked around and didn't see MLB 11 the show so I asked and they someone else tried to buy it today and they wouldn't sell it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it was the new one. It was up on a hill.

[quote name='airwalke']NO... the system marks the stuff on clearance down for us. If you scan it with one of our PDAs, the system acknowledges that it's not on the sales floor but that it has a future location (i.e. on March 8th) yet to be set.

My guess is that this happened: Some stores got a slightly early shipment of MLB 11 before it is given a future sales floor location. When scanned onto the PDA, the screen basically says "No Sales Floor Locations" and "Only Sold on Target.com". Bobby Joe thinks "uh oh, online item! Better discount it so it doesn't stagnate in the backroom!"

Item is stickered, put onto the clearance end-cap, few days later the planogram that has MLB 11 on it is finally in the system. Targets that receive the game after this occurs carry on as normal, backstocking the game until its release date.[/QUOTE]

What probably happened is employees got confused with the cover art because MLB 10 and MLB 11 uses the same cover athlete. That's the reason why most if not all sports titles uses a new cover athlete every year with a rare exception.

Compare MLB 10 The Show with MLB 11 The Show and anyone who's not into videogames can make an honest mistake. :)

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Pretty sure it was the new one. It was up on a hill.[/QUOTE]

I guess some people got lucky, but it seems now that no one is finding MLB 11 The Show at Targets

Is anyone willing to pick up a extra copy of MLB 11 The Show for PS3 and I will reimburse you through payapl.

bread's done
Back