MLB The Show 11 Early Release and 29.99 at Target!

robEstyles

CAG Veteran
I'm sure this is very YMMV but I was in Target yesterday and there was a stack of MLB The Show 11 marked down on clearance 50% off. This was not last years game this was the new version that isn't even supposed to be released until March 8th. Someone screwed up royally. Not sure if it was just 1 person at this particular Target that screwed up or some type of a pricing error that could be going on at all Targets. The Target I got mine at was the Milltown,NJ one. There was about 10 left and they weren't in the aisle they were on an end cap in the back of games with all the other clearanced stuff. They must have thought this was last year's version and marked it down.

UPDATE

Here is the picture for anyone that doubts

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/robestyles/092de8ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pun123']Its nice to see that the case does say works with the MOVE, DL demo and it didn't work with move and they change the controls to the stick which was weird. Kinda of looking at 2k11 instead, have to wait and see, but might stop by and check anyways.[/QUOTE]

:dunce:

A simple look at the info would tell you that Move only works with HR derby and that you can change the controls to button or you can use the sticks.

is this verified at other targets?

shouldve read, i only have 8 minutes till close so im going to run in tomorrow..so just check the end caps for a clearance section? If I get lucky and see a couple i'm willing to grab some for people

I'm on the phone with someone at the Target in Valparaiso, IN. They are telling me that while they don't have the PS3 version, they have the PSP version on the floor for $29.99.

does anyone know if target does clearances in NYC because I never really noticed a clearance section for games in stores in the tri-state area.

Any info would be appreciated thanks.

[quote name='Regian']I'm on the phone with someone at the Target in Valparaiso, IN. They are telling me that while they don't have the PS3 version, they have the PSP version on the floor for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

neverrr call and ask about the price..basic rules of the game :cool:

Wow seriously all you guys finding them are at $29.99 and not full price? I saw this thought wow lucky and said it wasn't even ymmv nobody else would get one... Maybe i'll try my Target I will be near there later today anyway.

Surprise that this thread is still active, and some people are still able to pick the game up at this price.

Any luck at any Targets in the West Coast? Seems like most of you guys are from the East/Midwest. I'm from San Francisco, and I might trek to the closest Target tomorrow (~20 mins away) if I'm bored enough.

[quote name='Gizmoduck']Surprise that this thread is still active, and some people are still able to pick the game up at this price.

Any luck at any Targets in the West Coast? Seems like most of you guys are from the East/Midwest. I'm from San Francisco, and I might trek to the closest Target tomorrow (~20 mins away) if I'm bored enough.[/QUOTE]

I'm in sacramento and nothing here yet. Called a couple mom and pop stores and they don't have it either. If u snag a copy early hit me up. Maybe I'll make the trip down.

For those who got it at the Parma, OH store, was it just on the clearance rack in the back or somewhere else?

Just tossing this out there, but if anyone happens to find an extra copy at their store I would love to grab a copy from you.

I am willing to pay for shipping, just don't want the "Pay for shipping, pay for game, pay for my mileage, pay for car insurance, pay a handling fee, pay my rent, pay for my groceries" CAG deal. :)

[quote name='ch2423']For those who got it at the Parma, OH store, was it just on the clearance rack in the back or somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

Its at another clearance rack further down. Not the one with the Wii and DS games, but with some non-gaming stuff. There might be a few other games there, but not much.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Its at another clearance rack further down. Not the one with the Wii and DS games, but with some non-gaming stuff. There might be a few other games there, but not much.[/QUOTE]

I looked all over electronics as well as the second clearance rack (the one with steering wheel covers and DJ Hero) and struck out, lol. My guess is that they pulled it since I was the first one in the door this morning and it seems like you guys posted close to close yesterday. Oh well, it was a fun search.

Looks like this wasn't as YMMV as I thought. Glad to see others being able to grab up this deal. I checked the same Target I got mine from the other day and there is nothing left.

Tried to find in Akron, OH Target, no go!! The don't even have a clearance bin, just stuff put on side shelves with clearance sticks on the items. :whistle2:(

Those who got the game at their local Targets, were you able to call to find it or is traveling to the nearby stores a must to try an obtain a copy.

Wait so you guys not only were able to find copies, but also only pay $30 for em?
What the hell I hate my Target.

[quote name='Gizmoduck']Surprise that this thread is still active, and some people are still able to pick the game up at this price.

Any luck at any Targets in the West Coast? Seems like most of you guys are from the East/Midwest. I'm from San Francisco, and I might trek to the closest Target tomorrow (~20 mins away) if I'm bored enough.[/QUOTE]
The target in cupertino near De Anza had some on monday...;)

[quote name='StealOfADeal']That has got to be one of the best screw ups ever, I did get Madden 11 for 19.99 on it's release date from wal-mart here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HydroX']Seriously? How did I miss that? lol

Was it the one on 12th or Interstate Dr.?[/QUOTE]

Dang that's one heck of a screwup. I had just graduated and moved out of Norman. Oh well. Also, nice to see some fellow OK people here. Welcome StealOfADeal!

Checked two Target's today, no luck. Didn't really think there would be anyway since, lately, clearance has sucked.

[quote name='Plasmolyze']The target in cupertino near De Anza had some on monday...;)[/QUOTE]

dang - nada in walnut creek.

No go at 3 Targets in Houston (S. Main, Meyerland, and San Felipe)....the 1st 2 did have the PSP version out.

Scored one at the Covington, LA store. The cashier started yelling "it says I can't sell it to March 8th", over and over. I said scan the clearance tag and sees what happens which she did. At this point a manager walks over and looks at the game. He says there are on an endcap in electronics since yesterday. I quickly swipe my credit card and complete the transaction. The cashier then started yelling "the clearance tag worked". The manager said he was going to go to electronics and see whats up. The cashier told me I lucked up with mine.
They probably had 8-10 left.

[quote name='jr233270']Picked up one at Plymouth Meeting, PA store. I didn't see any others available.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I must have missed that one, I was there around noon. I figured it had been on sale since they had it for PSP but none for PS3, was it in the clearance section?

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone check the MI stores? Just curious if I should check after work today.[/QUOTE]

Checked Dearborn Heights, Allen Park and Taylor...no go

[quote name='2LoWw7']Tried to find in Akron, OH Target, no go!! The don't even have a clearance bin, just stuff put on side shelves with clearance sticks on the items. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Akron, huh? Maybe all the copies that were there took their talents to south beach.

[quote name='slyguy']The Target by me has the PSP version in the store now but no PS3 :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just checked 3 Targets in Madison, WI and one of them had the PSP version out for $29.99, but no dice on the PS3 version at any of them.

This has to be the strangest deal I've ever seen. I figured it was just one store effing up and putting an "online only" discount on the wrong items. But now that it's at multiple stores... what went wrong?

Have not seen anything like that at my store. No official notice was sent saying we needed to price MLB 11 this way.

The way the "online only" tags or "repackage" tags work is that the only barcode that should be scanned is the one on the label, and the UPC code should be voided by striking a black marker over the middle of it. This just sounds like a really fishy way of getting around the release date.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Akron, huh? Maybe all the copies that were there took their talents to south beach.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit, as another here from Akron - this made me laugh out loud.

bread's done
Back