MLB The Show 11 Early Release and 29.99 at Target!

robEstyles

CAG Veteran
I'm sure this is very YMMV but I was in Target yesterday and there was a stack of MLB The Show 11 marked down on clearance 50% off. This was not last years game this was the new version that isn't even supposed to be released until March 8th. Someone screwed up royally. Not sure if it was just 1 person at this particular Target that screwed up or some type of a pricing error that could be going on at all Targets. The Target I got mine at was the Milltown,NJ one. There was about 10 left and they weren't in the aisle they were on an end cap in the back of games with all the other clearanced stuff. They must have thought this was last year's version and marked it down.

UPDATE

Here is the picture for anyone that doubts

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/robestyles/092de8ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pun123']I cant believe this thread is this long and still going, and only 1 person found a copy at this price, wow.[/QUOTE]

Did you read the thread? Multiple people have found this at that price...

[quote name='dabamus']Did you read the thread? Multiple people have found this at that price...[/QUOTE]

yep and some lurking idiot copied this over to SD today...
time to head over and thumbs down...

Gurnee Mills, Illinois Target had 2 copies of MLB The Show 11 behind MLB The Show 10 for PS3 in their showcase. I asked for a copy of the game and they grabbed it and took it to the cashier. They scanned it and she said that is weird why its saying Dont' Sell before March 8th. She goes unfortunately I can't sell you this until March 8th. So no luck for a complete purchase.

[quote name='pun123']I cant believe this thread is this long and still going, and only 1 person found a copy at this price, wow.[/QUOTE]

:imwithst:

[quote name='scott_matthews']Same here. I just checked 3 Targets in Madison, WI and one of them had the PSP version out for $29.99, but no dice on the PS3 version at any of them.[/QUOTE]

You saved me a trip. Thanks!!

Was excited about this but didn't find any in 2-3 stores in the Charlotte area.

On a side note, those that did find it care to share the trophy list? I just finished MLB 10's trophies and am wondering what I'm going to be doing in the next game. Just PM it to me if you don't wanna post it live.

[quote name='dabamus']Did you read the thread? Multiple people have found this at that price...[/QUOTE]

What a ridiculous question, you know that nobody reads the threads, that would be too difficult. ;)

What a ridiculous question, you know that nobody reads the threads, that would be too difficult. ;)

[quote name='2LoWw7']Tried to find in Akron, OH Target, no go!! The don't even have a clearance bin, just stuff put on side shelves with clearance sticks on the items. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Which Akron store did you check? Chapel Hill? Arlington?

Anyways, I checked the Fairlawn and Wadsworth stores yesterday... but no dice. I was kind of disappointed. I was really hoping to snag the game at that price.

[quote name='fearthecub']Which Akron store did you check? Chapel Hill? Arlington?

Anyways, I checked the Fairlawn and Wadsworth stores yesterday... but no dice. I was kind of disappointed. I was really hoping to snag the game at that price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that you checked the Fairlawn Target bc I was about to drive out there lol. I checked the Chapel Hill Target the other day, no dice. Did either of you check the Stow or Canton Target?

[quote name='L0ST3489']Those who got the game at their local Targets, were you able to call to find it or is traveling to the nearby stores a must to try an obtain a copy.[/QUOTE]
NEVER call!
It gives the store a heads up, which usually ruins any chance at that deal.

Too bad about SD. I am going to check JC and North Bergen NJ today. Most of the stores (Target, BB ...) around here never get these deals. Meh. I am going shopping anyway...

and yet...y'all still check it. Some have gotten lucky; grant it some have "abused" it and posted them on Ebay. I can wait instead of knowing they paid at least half the price they are selling for...but I'm sure they will find someone to sell.

Manager at Target : "Go mark MLB The Show 50%"

Price Tag Guy : "Which one?"

Manager : "I don't know... The one with Joe Mauer on the cover"

Price Tag Guy : "Ok, I think that's MLB '11 The Show

hahaha.... or I like the explanation someone else gave in a post earlier about other sports games using the next year on their covers like Madden 12 is coming out this year.

The day before this thread I was in my local Target (LI, NY) and noticed a crapload (at least a dozen) of them on the clearance shelf. I moved them around not noticing the clearance sticker covering the barcode to see if there were any good clearance titles. I went back the next night and they only had two left. I don't know if the others were pulled or sold, however, the one I brought up at the register scanned for $30. Thanks OP!

Greatest SKU blunder in ages, went to Target @ Green Acres Mall Valley Stream NY, had 1 left last night. Thank you to whomever posted this. EPIC.

[quote name='molendie']Thanks for posting that you checked the Fairlawn Target bc I was about to drive out there lol. I checked the Chapel Hill Target the other day, no dice. Did either of you check the Stow or Canton Target?[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: I went back to the Chapel Hill Target and they have the PSP version for sale but not the PS3 version :(

[quote name='brh512']Greatest SKU blunder in ages, went to Target @ Green Acres Mall Valley Stream NY, had 1 left last night. Thank you to whomever posted this. EPIC.[/QUOTE]

Same place I got mine.

[quote name='molendie']Thanks for posting that you checked the Fairlawn Target bc I was about to drive out there lol. I checked the Chapel Hill Target the other day, no dice. Did either of you check the Stow or Canton Target?[/QUOTE]

I haven't checked the Stow or Canton Target.

If anyone does find an extra copy in the Northeast Ohio area, I'd be willing to pay an extra $10 or so to take it off your hands.

Does anyone know if any Targets or Walmarts have MLB 11 The Show for PS3 for 29.99 in Massachusetts. It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you

I had an errand to run this afternoon, so I went back to one of the stores I checked last night. While I was there I figured, I'd just check again and sure enough, the PS3 version was out on the shelves. (This was at the new Target on University Ave in Madison, WI.) Last night they had only had the PSP version out.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the clearance tags on them so I was only able to get as far as the cash register with it before they refused to sell it to me.

Just picked up 1 at stonecrest target. 4 more left they are on the clearance shelf. they are 30 and change.

[quote name='sclub']Just picked up 1 at stonecrest target. 4 more left they are on the clearance shelf. they are 30 and change.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you mean North Carolina. I had to google it, you might want to be more specific for a deal that seems to be ymmv regionally.

I haven't been able to find any copies of MLB 11 The Show in Massachusetts and I was wondering if anyone would be selling me a extra copy they can pickup at Targets and sell me it for $30 pus change and shipping. I will pay by paypal. It would be greatly appreciated!!!

[quote name='Flakes']I haven't been able to find any copies of MLB 11 The Show in Massachusetts and I was wondering if anyone would be selling me a extra copy they can pickup at Targets and sell me it for $30 pus change and shipping. I will pay by paypal. It would be greatly appreciated!!![/QUOTE]

Which Targets have you checked?

[quote name='Supreme']Which Targets have you checked?[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine checked the one's in Lemonister and Malborough for me but I think he looked in the wrong location in the store. I'm going to check personally myself tomorrow. Do you know of any stores that would have in MA?

Thank you

[quote name='Flakes']A friend of mine checked the one's in Lemonister and Malborough for me but I think he looked in the wrong location in the store. I'm going to check personally myself tomorrow. Do you know of any stores that would have in MA?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

No they Don't. Far as I can tell none in the area do. Checked them, Worcester, and westborough. Leominster does have about ten copies of the fight lights put unmarked in the case that ring up $9.98.

[quote name='sclub']Just picked up 1 at stonecrest target. 4 more left they are on the clearance shelf. they are 30 and change.[/QUOTE]

Sorry sent this from my dying phone. It's Stonecrest in Georgia. Target must have thought this was a PS Move only game so it was on clearance like the others.
2hs8a3t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Target finally has a "good deal" and it's a mistake. I guess we have our first contender for the 9th Cheapy Awards in 2012 for best in-store deal.

I went to my target and they put mlb2k10 on clearance and not the show. If someone would pick it up id gladly pay 30$ for it. It is a great franchise game

[quote name='sdp168']I went to my target and they put mlb2k10 on clearance and not the show. If someone would pick it up id gladly pay 30$ for it. It is a great franchise game[/QUOTE]

How nice of you, you cheap bastard. The game is $30.06 plus tax, time and shipping :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']How nice of you, you cheap bastard. The game is $30.06 plus tax, time and shipping :lol:[/QUOTE]
exactly

[quote name='ferant316']No they Don't. Far as I can tell none in the area do. Checked them, Worcester, and westborough. Leominster does have about ten copies of the fight lights put unmarked in the case that ring up $9.98.[/QUOTE]

Which Targets in Malborough did you check. My friend checked the one near Solomon Pond Mall for me. I know they just built a new one right near the Malborough line. If anyone else knows about Targets with MLB 11 The Show in Massachusetts it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you

[quote name='Flakes']Which Targets in Malborough did you check. My friend checked the one near Solomon Pond Mall for me. I know they just built a new one right near the Malborough line. If anyone else knows about Targets with MLB 11 The Show in Massachusetts it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you[/QUOTE]

I'm about to do some scouting right now to maybe 5-6 Targets. If you can contribute or give me any info let me know. Heading out now.

There's a new targets opening on the tomorrow at 8am on the Sudbury line. I believe you can go into based on what the employee said I talked to 5 minutes ago. If you find a copy could you possible get one for me and I will pay you for it through paypal. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']I'm about to do some scouting right now to maybe 5-6 Targets. If you can contribute or give me any info let me know. Heading out now.[/QUOTE]

Here is their address,
Marlborough East 605 Boston Post Rd E Marlborough, MA 01752 (508) 251-6957

[quote name='Flakes']There's a new targets opening on the tomorrow at 8am on the Sudbury line. I believe you can go into based on what the employee said I talked to 5 minutes ago. If you find a copy could you possible get one for me and I will pay you for it through paypal. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I wasn't very clear on the last message. The employee said I could go in today, even though they don't open until tomorrow.

It's a little bit of a hike but I think they could possibly have it because there a brand new store and they can make mistakes.

[quote name='Flakes']Sorry, I wasn't very clear on the last message. The employee said I could go in today, even though they don't open until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure that they would be able to sell you it today, but when I called 30 minutes ago they said today their getting ready for their grand opening tomorrow and their phone system is not ready so I couldn't be connected to electronics and she said I would have to come in myself. I will be going past it later today and I can stop in and I will be by their tomorrow. I think because their a brand new store they could easily mistake it for MLB 10 and sell it as $30. I do live a good 35 minutes away from the store so I wouldn't be able to stop there until 5pm but you probably get their before me.

I know where most Targets are, but if you could load up a few more locations heading back east and northern RI would be a huge solid.

bread's done
Back