MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...did you just hear the threat issued to the online streamers? Haha, even Joe Rogan was like "pshh...fuck that" lol. Wonder what the heads of MMA-TV think of that.

LOL I like that, the announcer just read the disclaimer in the middle of this match

"Any distributing, streaming, for monatary gain or not, is punishable by law...." etc etc etc

Rogan "You cant fight the internet baby!"

Edit ^Beat me to it lol

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...did you just hear the threat issued to the online streamers? Haha, even Joe Rogan was like "pshh...fuck that" lol. Wonder what the heads of MMA-TV think of that.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, the MMA-TV sop isn't airing tonight. The link I got from atdhe.net worked great till 15 minutes ago. Now I'm using the one that was posted in this thread.

[quote name='Poor2More']LOL I like that, the announcer just read the disclaimer in the middle of this match

"Any distributing, streaming, for monatary gain or not, is punishable by law...." etc etc etc

Rogan "You cant fight the internet baby!"

Edit ^Beat me to it lol[/QUOTE]

Haha, well your quote is more accurate. Mine is more what it seemed like Joe was thinking. I especially liked how it made him chuckle a little bit. I doubt that's the attitude Dana wants him to have, but it's funny none the less.

[quote name='Matt Young']For some reason, the MMA-TV sop isn't airing tonight. The link I got from atdhe.net worked great till 15 minutes ago. Now I'm using the one that was posted in this thread.[/QUOTE]

The one in this thread is MMA-TV Sop isn't it? 24267. That's the MMA-TV channel.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The one in this thread is MMA-TV Sop isn't it? 24267. That's the MMA-TV channel.[/QUOTE]

Weird. It doesn't show that it's MMA-TV on my screen. The address I went to for MMA-TV was the same one I've always used, and it says the channel is offline.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Shogun probably should've had the decision but this was a CLOSE fight.

Hands down win? Not even.[/QUOTE]

what fight where you watching ;), this is my first fight I seen of Machida, after all this hype I heard of this guy, he came off as a dissapointment. I guess its more important to the UFC for Machida to remain undefeated....

Damn that was a hard fight to watch. I was waiting for Lyoto to do something interesting and at the end i was waiting for Shogun to win.

I had it even going into the 5th round, and Shogun won that.

The problem with judging MMA is the cage, which can obscure the view of the Judges as they don't see the different TV angles.

Yeah, wow...I was actually pulling for Machida, but I thought Shogun put on the performance of his life. He had Machida's timing almost the entire fight and completely outclassed him. I know Goldberg was spouting that cliché bullshit "to be the champ, you've gotta beat the champ", but I thought Shogun clearly beat him. He dictated the pace of the fight and his strikes were far more effective.

There were two rounds that were decisively won by Shogun (1, 4), two that were more in Shogun's favor (2, 5), and only one that you could really give to Machida (3). I was especially pissed that in the final round, Machida was acting like he had the fight in the bag, and was doing very little offensively.

I guess he knew better than I did though because I would have been swinging for the fences if I thought I was about to lose my belt. You can say the fight was close, but Shogun most certainly controlled it.

As for Cain Velasquez, I still think he's garbage. His wrestling is out of this world, but he punches like a girl and has no submission skills. With as many dominant positions as he's able to get with his wrestling (how many times did he have mount or have Rothwell's back?), he should be stopping guys much sooner. I don't see him being able to manhandle Carwin or Lesnar (or even Nog) like that, so in the long run, he's just a gatekeeper and not a contender.

[quote name='Poor2More']what fight where you watching ;), this is my first fight I seen of Machida, after all this hype I heard of this guy, he came off as a dissapointment. I guess its more important to the UFC for Machida to remain undefeated....[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I think Shogun should've probably got the decision but I think the judges will usually score a fight for the "Champion" unless the "Challenger" decidedly won(handily) at least 3 of the 5 Rounds, and you got to look at a lot more than just who's being more aggressive. Plus like all fights, if you wanna win, DON'T leave it in the judges hands.

I'm interested to see the fight stats as far as punches landed percentage, punches thrown, etc. Just my opinion though. The fight was good regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Just checked on tickets for UFC 107 in Memphis, TN .. Section 115, about 10 rows back.

$377 per ticket.

Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Strikeforce shows at least are somewhat reasonable to attend from the prices I've seen.

www.compustrike.com for the stats, but the site is slammed (I can't load it).

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

As for Cain Velasquez, I still think he's garbage. His wrestling is out of this world, but he punches like a girl and has no submission skills. With as many dominant positions as he's able to get with his wrestling (how many times did he have mount or have Rothwell's back?), he should be stopping guys much sooner. I don't see him being able to manhandle Carwin or Lesnar (or even Nog) like that, so in the long run, he's just a gatekeeper and not a contender.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I was just thinking of his hitting, but thats a great point. For all the times he takes people down there has to be opens for submissions. He seems like a one trick pony. Its a shame he doesn't have more submission game or more power in his punches.

Just watched the Bader-Schafer fight, I should've known the judges were off their rockers when two of them didn't give the second round to Schafer and the other judge scored it 29-26.

Man... UFC -_-. Today was my birthday and my girlfriend took me to Hooters (once a year I am OK to look at other chicks, woohoo). So we drove 30 so miles and when we finally got there, I had no idea tonight was the UFC championships event. So, in LA with all the douche (LA) UFC fans and had to WAIT until the game was over around 2 hours after arriving there. So we finally got to eat around 10:30 at night...

Seem like a sweet fight any other day of the week though.

"My corner told me that I was winning all the rounds," Rua said. "I feel like I won this fight, but a fight is a fight. What can I do?"

Get new cornermen that will push you to finish a close fight.

[quote name='seen']Get Steve Mazagatti out(that was terrible judgment!). Dana should stop being immature and just re-hire Big John.[/QUOTE]Dana doesn't hire the refs, they are part of the state's athletic commission. In the post fight press conference Dana said "You know my stance on Mazagatti. The guy shouldn't watch MMA let alone referee it." So needless to say if it was up to Dana then Mazagatti wouldn't be part of the UFC.

^one thing I have to say about Dana White, he sure does put it how it is, and he has my respect for that. Where that one dude Big John Mcarthy (I think thats the name)?

[quote name='Poor2More']^one thing I have to say about Dana White, he sure does put it how it is, and he has my respect for that. Where that one dude Big John Mcarthy (I think thats the name)?[/QUOTE]

he's on Bully bEatdown now

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back