MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cgarb84']Hey Nate have you seen this thread about your sig possible causing problems? I haven't seen you post in a while and meant to say something if I ran into you on here somewhere.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239912[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for letting me know. The weird thing is, I sorta figured it out earlier, and removed the broken tripletag image from my sig (when the hell did they disappear anyway?), but I'm still getting the pop up in this thread. I know I wasn't the only person to use a tripletag image though, but I don't know how people pinpointed the problem to me.

EDIT - It's not just me. Kuroi Kaze has one too. Now everybody can lynch him, haha.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']If so bad move by the UFC but in all honesty I think Hendo is about done.[/QUOTE]

name a MW besides anderson silva that hendo isnt the favorite or atleast even.

[quote name='paz9x']name a MW besides anderson silva that hendo isnt the favorite or atleast even.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm that's a tough one, maybe Okami or Nate the great.;)

I would love to see him get another crack at Silva though after Vitor.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmmm that's a tough one, maybe Okami or Nate the great.;)

I would love to see him get another crack at Silva though after Vitor.[/QUOTE]

hendo is an elite fighter at both mw and lhw.
I hope he stays with the ufc. if not i better see a hendo/mousasi fight.
thatd be an awesome addition feg's new years show and a great indicator of mousasi's real level.

im a big mousasi fan.

What are everyone's predictions for 104?

Mine are:

Shogun vs Machida - Machida via UD
Rothwell vs Velazquez - Rothwell via TKO
Neer vs Tibau - Neer via UD
Johnson vs Yoshida - Johnson via KO
Stevenson vs Fisher - Stevenson via Sub

Really only one match I even slightly care about, this is a weak show. The UFC needs to cut down on the amount of shows they do, it is causing some serious problems with the lack of quality main events and shows they can do.

I'll go out on a huge limb and pick

Shogun over Machida via 3rd round TKO. I bet I'm the only person to make that pick.

And Rothwell will stop Velazquez, probably round 1, via tko.

i don't pay for ufc's so i don't mind the cards coming that often.

sherk was originally supposed to be on this card too.
okami vs. sonnen will be interesting possibly. okami hasn't fought in a long time and he is a serious contender.

bader vs. schafer is a good test for both. i'm also interested in seeing what yoshida has for rumble.

i think machida will probably make short work of shogun (who i've always felt was overrated).

I love Rampage, but he came off like a huge dick with all of his petty teasing. I did, however, love the wacky picture. Excellent countdown show - Rothwell came off like a million bucks here, and I'm rooting for him to win after seeing it.

TUF quotes -
Zak - Darrill, does everything go better with liquor? What’re you drinking?
Darrill - Portable beverage!
Rampage - YOU AIN’T GONNA WIN NOTHING, TITTIES!
DarrilL - I’LL CUT TO 205 AND KICK YOUR ASS!
Rampage - AIN’T NOBODY KICKING MY ASS!
Rampage - Titties, I’ll serve your ass!
Rampage - I’ll hit you so hard you’ll hit your own self in the face!
Rashad - If I called you dickface, would you like it?
Rampage - He’s jealous that Titties has titties cuz he wants titties!
Dana - He might wanna take the Titties thing on the chin.
Kimbo - If Shrek had a little brother, it would be Zak.
Abe - He’s kinda like Piggy from Lord of the Flies.
Sims - I’ve got a pool on when he’s gonna crazy. There’s still spots if you want, but they’re filling up fast.
(to Darrill)Guy - What made you want to get a tattoo of a clown cutting off a girl’s head?
Rashad - He’s kinda quiet and kinda weird at the same time. Like serial killer weird.
Rashad - He’s got this look like he’s gonna wreck some shit. Whoops. I mean stuff.
Rampage - WE GOT A SURPRISE FOR DEM FOOS!
Rampage - Titties is my favorite character. He’s a butter face though.
Kimbo - When Zak got cut, I was like YEEAAAHHH! Thank God - I get to bang again!
(on Zak not caring about being cut)Rampage - This is like seeing a man see his son ride a bike for the first time. But I don’t want anymore kids.
Rashad - I was on the show and now I’m on the wall. Stay focused guys.
Abe - As far as Zak and Darrill go, the fight is interesting because they could each just go and kill 3 people.
(as he draws nipples on Darrill’s name)Rampage - PERFECT! He’s got two Os in his name!
Rashad - Today isn’t just your birthday - you’ll be born as a UFC fighter!
Rampage - This is like a woman on her wedding day. Except you don’t get no sex tonight.
Other Coach - But you do get titties!
Rampage - THE GUY HAS TITTIES! THAT SUMS IT UP!
Rampage - He’s got titties, he can’t be happy with himself!
Rampage - I couldn’t fight a guy with titties - you the man homie.
Rampage - ZAK LET THIS GUY WITH TITTIES HIT HIM!
Rampage - It ain’t over til the fat lady sings. And Titties ain’t sung nothing yet!

The editing on this show is getting annoying. They don't need a clip of Kimbo teasing that he may have a chance to fight again because of an injury each episode.

[quote name='DT778']The editing on this show is getting annoying. They don't need a clip of Kimbo teasing that he may have a chance to fight again because of an injury each episode.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100 percent but its all politics. They need good ratings and if people think Kimbo is coming back they will tune in. Its just a rating ploy.

Based on the editing and Rampage ripping the fiberboard door to shreds I'm betting he's going 0-8. Which is too bad but I hope to be proved wrong as Scott Junk looks like a beast in his own right, and everyone wants to see what BIG Marcus can do. I do miss Kimbo, so sad he didn't even prepare for TUF I wanted to see Tyson like KO's (annoying though how they always make it like he's returning to action)...

[quote name='seen']Based on the editing and Rampage ripping the fiberboard door to shreds I'm betting he's going 0-8. Which is too bad but I hope to be proved wrong as Scott Junk looks like a beast in his own right, and everyone wants to see what BIG Marcus can do. I do miss Kimbo, so sad he didn't even prepare for TUF I wanted to see Tyson like KO's (annoying though how they always make it like he's returning to action)...[/QUOTE]

yeah that was a ridiculous tease... I want to see Kimbo fight so badly too

[quote name='billyrox']yeah that was a ridiculous tease... I want to see Kimbo fight so badly too[/QUOTE]

Might get that wish, if the rumors are ture about him and Houston Alexander fighting at 108. It's all rumors though.

Also, Henderson will not be fighting in the UFC anymore. He is a free agent after a contract could not be agreed upon.

I truly don't see Hendo going anywhere else. Sure, rumors may float around about Strikeforce, but I don't think it's going to be much different than the entire thing with Tito. Hendo wants Silva again. If he goes to fight in Strikeforce, he is guaranteeing that he isn't going to be back in the octagon. At 39 years old, I don't see him finishing his career anywhere but in the UFC. That's just my opinion.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']I truly don't see Hendo going anywhere else. Sure, rumors may float around about Strikeforce, but I don't think it's going to be much different than the entire thing with Tito. Hendo wants Silva again. If he goes to fight in Strikeforce, he is guaranteeing that he isn't going to be back in the octagon. At 39 years old, I don't see him finishing his career anywhere but in the UFC. That's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

http://mmamania.com/2009/10/20/dana...th-dan-henderson-negotiations-are-done-video/

Watch that vid. I could really see strikeforce jumping on hendo.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Might get that wish, if the rumors are ture about him and Houston Alexander fighting at 108. It's all rumors though.

Also, Henderson will not be fighting in the UFC anymore. He is a free agent after a contract could not be agreed upon.[/QUOTE]Kimbo will fight at the finale in December.

[quote name='billyrox']what makes you say taht

dont get my hopes up[/QUOTE]

He said so in a couple of interviews. Why wouldn't the ufc let him fight again. He is a large draw and people will tune in at the mere mention of his name.

[quote name='Maklershed']I love the way Rampage says certain things and keeps repeating them: belleh, pantehs, tidehs :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah he sounds like a broken record, a bag of potatoes would be a better coach.

Looks like I'll be watching UFC 104 tomorrow night, hope its decent.

Machida by karate chop
Valsquez by decision
Bader by tko
Hardonk by tko
Neer by decision
Johnson by ko
Stevenson by lay and pray
Okami by decision
Kimmons by sub
Kingsbury by ko
Gormley by tko

[quote name='billyrox']YAY! Repeat between him and big country?[/QUOTE]

If the result is going to be Technical Stoppage via Crucifix Noogie yet again, then hell no.

I just tuned in to UFC 104. Antoni Hardonk-Pat Barry is a nice standing striking fight. Brutal is a good word to describe Hardonk's leg kicks.

I don't know anything about Pat Barry, but his fists are indeed fast.
Nice win and post-fight interview, to boot. I'll be cheering for him in future events.

[quote name='billyrox']I htought UFC started at 10 pm[/QUOTE]

The preliminary fights air on Spike TV starting at 9 P.M. Eastern, and the PPV starts at 10.

Nice win by Bader. I like him a lot. He's definitely in my top 5 of favorite UFC fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back