MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='A Happy Panda']? If those are really Kimbo's words and not his PR person or whatever, anyone else surprised at how eloquent he is?[/QUOTE]

I was watching an interview with Rashad Evans and Joe Stevenson and they were both saying that Kimbo is the nicest guy you'll ever meet, real funny, well spoken, and has a genuine love of MMA and seeing it progress as a legitimate sport.

My picks:
Franklin over Belfort
Cro Cop over Dos Santos
Koscheck over Trigg
Kampmann over Daley
Griffin over Franca

No idea on the prelims.

I want Cro Cop and Trigg to get the win tonight, undecided on the Belfort / Franklin fight. I'm liking Franklin, but Belfort looks like he'd be able to do some damage. Don't really know much about the other fights at all.

Probably going to watch the prelims and download the rest tomorrow and watch it next weekend.

Was Spike just spazzing out for anyone else?

EDIT: The video feed has been corrected but now I'm getting Spanish audio :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, pegged Miller right on the button. He looked like a rock em sock em robot getting hit.

EDIT: This Lopez guy keeps his chin out way in front of his lead knee. That can't be good.

WOW! Tyson Griffin looked incredible! You could tell dude wanted this fight. He destroyed Franca. He could teach the other Griffin a thing or two, haha. :)

That was without a doubt an early stoppage in the Koscheck fight. Yeah, Trigg wasn't blocking the punches, but he was trying to move to a better position. Typical Koscheck bullshit. Swing wildly, make it look like you're causing damage, and get a rookie ref to stop the fight. Not saying he wouldn't have won, but against a veteran like Trigg, that fight shouldn't have been stopped there.

Another shitty stoppage. Although Yves Lavigne is the same guy who jumped in between Matt Brown and Pete Sell, and then changed his mind, allowing Brown to continue beating the crap out of Sell until Brown turned to him and asked him if he was ever going to stop the fight. Lavigne is truly the worst referee in UFC. He clearly has no idea when a fight is over. I think Avril Lavigne would do a better job...not to mention I'd enjoy looking at her more. ;)

Kampmann looked like crap though and appeared to be leading with his fucking head. He would have gotten knocked out eventually, but Christ, at least wait until he drops his hands to stop the fight. It really pisses me off that Swick got hurt because he would have destroyed Kampmann and gotten a title shot with GSP. The Ben Saunders fight was more of a challenge than Kampmann would have been. Not sure who Swick will fight now.

Wow...Mirko Cheap-Shot strikes again. Eye poke in his last fight. Kick to the nuts in this one. Hope Dos Santos knocks him the fuck out.

EDIT - Haha, nice. Cheap-Shot quits. Stick a fork in him, Dana. He's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, a lot of non-finshes tonight. Here's hoping Vitor can show everyone what a knockout looks like! I'm a big fan of his. Fastest hands I've ever seen!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, a lot of non-finshes tonight. Here's hoping Vitor can show everyone what a knockout looks like! I'm a big fan of his. Fastest hands I've ever seen![/QUOTE]

the previous 6 didnt go the distance.
seems every cro cop fight ends in odd disappointing fashion these days

Haha, hell yeah! PHENOM!!! He was so fast Franklin didn't even know what happened. Now if that doesn't pique Anderson Silva's interest, nothing will. Really good to see Vitor at the top of his game again. :)

[quote name='paz9x']the previous 6 didnt go the distance.
seems every cro cop fight ends in odd disappointing fashion these days[/QUOTE]

The Dos Santos, Daley, and Koscheck fights may not have gone the distance, but calling them finishes is being very generous. Griffin and Belfort were the only decisive fights and the only fights that kept this from being a terrible UFC (not counting the undercard).

[quote name='homeland']:lol: another stoppage! I guess if it aint broke. At least this one was justified.[/QUOTE]

I have to add, at least this was a stoppage by KO, and not a stoppage by "I think he might be hurt" or "I don't want to fight anymore".

I'm so disappointed with Cro Cop. He pushed Dos Santos more than he kicked. He has to be past his prime. Time to go on mma-core and relive his glory days.

Since I am lazy, tired, and still a little sick, I am just ging to quote myself from the MMA thread on Pojo.

[quote name='Myself']One of the worst times predicting I've ever had. I don't know what it was, but I just wasn't that into this card as I have for others. Don't know if it was because I was sick, the few questionable calls, or the lack of a title fight or really important fight.
Belfort was quick and powerful, looks to be right on track to a title shot. I think Mirko might be done uness he can pull a headkick from hell in his next fight (if it happens), Koscheck looked good but I think the ref should have let him punch Trigg once or twice more, Daley/Kampmann was bull. The second the fight was called Kampmann was CLEARLY ok. He may have been on the way to a KO, but if he can defend himself, let it go on! Griffin looked really good, Efrain looked good as well, and if he can notch a few more KO under his belt, he can be a force. Drwal is impressing me a lot, and looks to have a decent future ahead of him, and Story looked better. Must be very strong to get that arm triangle in the guard like that. Haven't seen the Vladimir Matyushenko/Igor Pokrajac, Eliot Marshall/Jason Brilz or Jim Miller/Steve Lopez fights yet, but it didn't sound like any besides the Miller/Lopez was even worth watching. Still worth the money, but most of the time, I get a little something extra for my time and money.[/QUOTE]

With the exception of the Cro Cop fight and the fight from the prelims with the triangle choke, that was a pretty sketchy UFC to say the least. I was disappointed overall.

Finally got around to watching the TUF premiere. That fight was nasty - dude had a serious head wound.

Hoping to see Kimbo choked out.

[quote name='JJSP']Finally got around to watching the TUF premiere. That fight was nasty - dude had a serious head wound.

Hoping to see Kimbo choked out.[/QUOTE]

That was retarded and ridiculous. Was the f'ing ref blind? Was Dana White in the background acting as Ceasar with his thumb down? The guy was on the ground getting repeated head shots. If he wasn't retarded before going into the match, he now is.

Yeah, it probably should have been called wayyyy earlier than it was. It was to the point where he wasn't defending himself properly and covered in his own blood - never should have gotten to that point, espescially in what was supposed to be an exhibition fight.

It makes for great TV during the season premiere (people will tune in to see more blood if that's just the first episode), but that hole in his head looked like something out of a horror movie.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']That was retarded and ridiculous. Was the f'ing ref blind? Was Dana White in the background acting as Ceasar with his thumb down? The guy was on the ground getting repeated head shots. If he wasn't retarded before going into the match, he now is.[/QUOTE]

agreed... he definitely had some head trauma after that... how the hell was that fight still allowed to continue... fucking ref... i would have punched the ref in the face and disqualified myself

that ref needed to be censured

[quote name='billyrox']agreed... he definitely had some head trauma after that... how the hell was that fight still allowed to continue... fucking ref... i would have punched the ref in the face and disqualified myself

that ref needed to be censured[/QUOTE]

Wagner could have quit at any point (apparently his balls are bigger than Cro Cop's though). What you have to realize is that TUF is a very unique situation. These guys are fighting to have a career in the sport. To have it taken away because of a cut is horrible. If he had been in any serious danger, it would have been stopped. His opponent just wasn't hitting him that hard. Some guys just bleed a lot. Check out the Edwin Dewees vs Gideon Ray fight from TUF4 to see a great example of this (skip to about 7:40)

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/action_adventure/watch/v15611512HWjscx6S

Just watched 103 .. man what a nasty way for Cro Cop to go out. I hope he's ok.

And about that TUF fight .. if Mazagatti wasn't gonna call that for blood, I'd hate to see what he would call it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back