Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

BFGN - I may make an appearance for a bit. Got to take a newly minted 4 year old to swim lessons and get him off to bed....then venting some frustration sounds good while dying. :)

Only 1 request - a domination match or two....although since I am rusty I was smart last week and kept my head down quite a bit in TDM.....stuck it up when we did Demo (which hurt).

Mad,
I need some help with setting up to get a nuke. I know you mostly run UMPw/silencer, sleight of hand/coldblooded/ninja and flank them, since they cant find you they make easy kills. And are you running Harrier/ChopperGunner/Nuke?

[quote name='nakanenui']Mad,
I need some help with setting up to get a nuke. I know you mostly run UMPw/silencer, sleight of hand/coldblooded/ninja and flank them, since they cant find you they make easy kills. And are you running Harrier/ChopperGunner/Nuke?[/QUOTE]

Harrier/Chopper Gunner/Nuke is the best set up IMO. The Attack Helicopter in the number 7 spot doesn't do nearly enough, and while I've seen some people try it, I don't like the Pavelow in the number 9 spot to replace the Chopper Gunner because it doesn't get enough kills normally.

[quote name='jmbreci']BFGN - I may make an appearance for a bit. Got to take a newly minted 4 year old to swim lessons and get him off to bed....then venting some frustration sounds good while dying. :)

Only 1 request - a domination match or two....although since I am rusty I was smart last week and kept my head down quite a bit in TDM.....stuck it up when we did Demo (which hurt).[/QUOTE]

looking to get on tonight for a couple hours...

2 domination matches
2 demo matches
2 CTF matches
1 nuke for Kaiser
the rest can be TDM

[quote name='nakanenui']Mad,
I need some help with setting up to get a nuke. I know you mostly run UMPw/silencer, sleight of hand/coldblooded/ninja and flank them, since they cant find you they make easy kills. And are you running Harrier/ChopperGunner/Nuke?[/QUOTE]
When I got my nuke I was using Scavenger/Cold Blooded/Ninja. It's very hard for me to pull off 7 kills with limited ammo without having to pick up a gun somewhere. Being able to lay down 2 claymores to cover access points is also a nice bonus. I ran Harrier -> Chopper Gunner -> Nuke but that was on Estate. Certain maps benefit from an AC-130 more than a Chopper Gunner like Karachi and Invasion since the god damned buildings are so tall it's hard to fit a chopper in there.

To pull off the initial 7-11 kills by flanking, you have to embrace the ultimate sneaky bastard in you. You have to out think, out maneuver and be very patient because you want stragglers and distracted targets. It's just easier to do if you've got a phenomenal noob tube spot and channel the inner monkey.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Harrier/Chopper Gunner/Nuke is the best set up IMO. The Attack Helicopter in the number 7 spot doesn't do nearly enough, and while I've seen some people try it, I don't like the Pavelow in the number 9 spot to replace the Chopper Gunner because it doesn't get enough kills normally.[/QUOTE]Pavelow may still be bugged potentially. I haven't tried seeing if Pavelow kills count towards my next killstreak since the patch. A good open map though will net you a stupid amount of kills with a Pavelow but it's not really worth swapping out from Chopper Gunner since you can aim and still hit people indoors with the explosive rounds.

[quote name='jax2001']looking to get on tonight for a couple hours...

2 domination matches
2 demo matches
2 CTF matches
1 nuke for Kaiser
the rest can be TDM[/QUOTE]
Doable.

[quote name='dyeknom']Domination on Wasteland or Terminal w/ grenades/claymores and a Harrier/AC130/Nuke will usually net you a nuke.[/QUOTE] Domination is a bit more likely of a game type with a good class and just being a sneaky bastard.

[quote name='nakanenui']It would probably help to control their spawn too, and have your teammates pull back from killing for a bit. Just hinting/guessing.[/QUOTE] Spawn camping is probably the last thing you'd want your team to do since if they're bottled up in one spawn, you have to go in and face 3+ guys spawning pissed that they're being killed.

Ideally you want a map where your teammates give you room to breathe and you simply go towards the gunfire but from the side. People that shoot forwards rarely look left or right, so that's half the battle right there. The other half is being able to know what terrain conceals your movement and where the enemy is likely to defend attacks from in their current location/spawn.

I hate it when teammates push the spawn of the enemy I'm flanking because I have to move that much farther out. If I'm left free to flank, I can gently herd them by taking out the stragglers towards a general killing zone that everybody can enjoy.

Three more gaming nights before BO comes out. Was fun for the little while I was on last night playing CTF....even though I only tried running once. :) Seriously, no negative scores for me and I was mostly just laying claymores near the flag while eating popcorn...until the last match. Honestly, how many times do you have to die running into the same area and before you start looking for claymores? Estate was the best because I kept one claymore planted in the same location while we were defending the bottom flag.

Of course, and as I find out every night (why I am insane - I try the same thing time and time again and expect a different result), trying to knife with a 3-bar ping sucks even if you are going Commando.

[quote name='jmbreci']Three more gaming nights before BO comes out. Was fun for the little while I was on last night playing CTF....even though I only tried running once. :) Seriously, no negative scores for me and I was mostly just laying claymores near the flag while eating popcorn...until the last match. Honestly, how many times do you have to die running into the same area and before you start looking for claymores? Estate was the best because I kept one claymore planted in the same location while we were defending the bottom flag.

Of course, and as I find out every night (why I am insane - I try the same thing time and time again and expect a different result), trying to knife with a 3-bar ping sucks even if you are going Commando.[/QUOTE]

I actually had a good night running in CTF and the players in demo were worse than me. Then things went down hill during domination. I think I got stabbed from about 30 yards away and I wish I had been recording the replay. I don't think anyone was glitching during that round but the guy teleported a huge distance to drop me to the ground.

[quote name='jax2001']I actually had a good night running in CTF and the players in demo were worse than me. Then things went down hill during domination. I think I got stabbed from about 30 yards away and I wish I had been recording the replay. I don't think anyone was glitching during that round but the guy teleported a huge distance to drop me to the ground.[/QUOTE]

That was some ridiculous lag in that room, then for some reason it picked ME as a host afterward (which wasnt bad since the lag went away)... but that was definitely risky... since 50% of the time people can't connect to me.

Got to be in to win...BFGN.....since an upcoming minor procedure is going to keep me from my normal Friday night activities for the next several weeks, I'm all in....well, after 8pm CDT I am all in. :)

Oh, I hear there is a WoW strike....so NoKill needs to join us before BO comes out.

I've only read the first page of this thread, but it seems to me that this is purely a PS3 divison?
Is there anyone that would be interested in an xbox one?

[quote name='Anythingoo1']I've only read the first page of this thread, but it seems to me that this is purely a PS3 divison?
Is there anyone that would be interested in an xbox one?[/QUOTE]

Did you play that "superhero" on South Park this week? And I am not talking about Cartman's "The Coon" either. :)

Seriously, Jax set you right...if you notice this whole sub-forum is dedicated to PS3. There is a whole 360 sub-forum.

Thinking of taking the 9th off to pick it up and jump online with you all. I hope the zombie maps in the hardened edition are DLC and not disc locked, so that Mad can share it with us... haha.

BFGN!

It looks like we'll have a good turnout and I have a new beer to try and several others to wash that one down with.

[quote name='jmbreci']Did you play that "superhero" on South Park this week? And I am not talking about Cartman's "The Coon" either. :)

Seriously, Jax set you right...if you notice this whole sub-forum is dedicated to PS3. There is a whole 360 sub-forum.[/QUOTE]
Lol yeah I realised that... didn't really pay attention to the category that this thread was under :/ And people with PS3's can own 360's aswell, right?
Sorry for the bother, I'll have a search in the 360 forums.

fyi...BB is offering $30 trade in on MW2. I locked in that price online and the terms allow for 30 days to be received. I plan on dropping in the mail next Tuesday.

Im gonna play MW1 for a little bit tonight, but I'll try to hit up MW2.

Seriously though, people bitching about grenades on MW2 makes me wonder how they EVER survived CoD4. I played a little today and nearly everybody is using 3x frags, martyrdom, etc.

If Best Buy is throwing out $30 for MW2, I might just have to seriously look into that. Would make it like $30+ OTD, which is great. (not including any gift cards/reward zone points you may have).

Quotes from last night and the previous game night:

Fred: So, Mad, why are you so late?
TMB: It's my birthday and I had to go to Brooklyn to help a neighbor.
Fred: How far is Brooklyn?
TMB: 30 minutes driving each way.
Monkey: Who'd you go out to Brooklyn to kill?
TMB: A Syrian Jew
*crickets*
TMB: Wow, that quieted everybody down.
Fred: Well, what are you supposed to say to that?
-----
Monkey was talking to some guy, only heard half of the conversation.

Monkey: You should be able to claim them.
*muted chatter I didn't hear*
Monkey: You want to have like 4 kids and claim them.
TMB: Or in your case, 8.
Monkey: Or in my case, 8.
TMB: Shake them all.
-----
Kaiser, Nubbles, Monkey and TMB were in the party lobby when the Kaiserette started crying loudly. (I think he had a baby girl, I could be off though.)

Nubbles: Bad baby. Bad baby!
Monkey: Shake it.
Kaiser: I'm not going to shake my baby!
Monkey: It works, I should know. I shook all 8 of mine.
-----
When playing the last few Team Deathmatch games of Wednesday night.

Fred: Why can't we get a decent map to play on?
TMB: Because you're party leader.
Fred: ... Talk about no comeback to that.

[quote name='Mad39er']Quotes from last night and the previous game night:

-----

-----
[/QUOTE]

I think some guy (non-CAG) kept asking about filing for unemployment, and they were saying "the more kids you have, the more unemployment $ you get." or something to that effect.

Who was asking me about FIFA?

[quote name='langdon_alger']I think some guy (non-CAG) kept asking about filing for unemployment, and they were saying "the more kids you have, the more unemployment $ you get." or something to that effect.

Who was asking me about FIFA?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was asking if he could get unemployment if he was fired, I told him no and that he'd be better off having 4 kids... you'd get more money.

No idea why anybody would ask a CoD player about it... trusting random internet people is a good medium for a lot of things (getting killed, raped, put in jail)... but taking life advice is not one of them >.

Sorry for not joining you all wednesday night. Wife threatens me when I play COD before 8pm unless its a friday in which case I pre-negotiated game night with her.

Yeah, marriage is a compromise. Man pleads his case, wife overrules. The compromise is: take it like a man or pay up sucka... (my advice to you single men, H&B is a lot cheaper in the long run so use a rubber and dont get married!) [sarcasm off]

I was just pissy last night. Having to go to Brooklyn for no real legitimate reason, my dog acting up and not being able to relax prior to actually playing didn't make for a great mood.

I'm hoping people will be around this weekend. I won't be On Call and I have no plans to do anything other than kill as many people on MW2 as possible. I'd also like to score a second nuke. Maybe Seuss may even show, since he likes the Saturday games.

[quote name='Mad39er']I was just pissy last night. Having to go to Brooklyn for no real legitimate reason, my dog acting up and not being able to relax prior to actually playing didn't make for a great mood.

I'm hoping people will be around this weekend. I won't be On Call and I have no plans to do anything other than kill as many people on MW2 as possible. I'd also like to score a second nuke. Maybe Seuss may even show, since he likes the Saturday games.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on tomorrow for the last official game night for MW2. You host and I can die in front of you plenty of times trying to knife people while they shoot me and you kill them. Pick your poison for the nuke.

As long as requests are going out, I will have one, maybe two. We must play at least one match where we make the other team rage quit by only noob tubing. Second one, if Nubbles joins, is we play a S&D match where everyone but him runs riot shields.....heck, maybe a even a CTF or DOM with that...but S&D would piss people off.

The kid thing came up again last night? That came up last Friday as well....Kaiser needs to sedate the baby. :) It is still better than my 4 year old walking out and asking me why I only play this game when he is in bed - he says it looks like "a lot of fun to play". I told him he needs to learn how to stay on the road in Burnout Paradise first. :)

[quote name='Mad39er']Quotes from last night and the previous game night:

Fred: So, Mad, why are you so late?
TMB: It's my birthday and I had to go to Brooklyn to help a neighbor.
Fred: How far is Brooklyn?
TMB: 30 minutes driving each way.
Monkey: Who'd you go out to Brooklyn to kill?
TMB: A Syrian Jew
*crickets*
TMB: Wow, that quieted everybody down.
Fred: Well, what are you supposed to say to that?
-----

-----
Kaiser, Nubbles, Monkey and TMB were in the party lobby when the Kaiserette started crying loudly. (I think he had a baby girl, I could be off though.)

Nubbles: Bad baby. Bad baby!
Monkey: Shake it.
Kaiser: I'm not going to shake my baby!
Monkey: It works, I should know. I shook all 8 of mine.
-----
When playing the last few Team Deathmatch games of Wednesday night.

Fred: Why can't we get a decent map to play on?
TMB: Because you're party leader.
Fred: ... Talk about no comeback to that.[/QUOTE]

*Fred dies from noob toob*
Fred: Mad you would join a game a noob toob me first.
Mad: *crazy scientist laugh*
Fred: *facepalm*

[quote name='langdon_alger']
Who was asking me about FIFA?[/QUOTE]

That would be me. We should play sometime if you want to beat me mercilessly.

[quote name='jmbreci']
As long as requests are going out, I will have one, maybe two. We must play at least one match where we make the other team rage quit by only noob tubing. Second one, if Nubbles joins, is we play a S&D match where everyone but him runs riot shields.....heck, maybe a even a CTF or DOM with that...but S&D would piss people off.
[/QUOTE]

Were you there that day when like 6 of us were just pwning everyone on a saturday? We would call our loadout, perks, and killstreaks and still whoop everyone. It was one of the best gaming sessions ever.

[quote name='jax2001']Friday should be interesting. We have one more night to talk Fred into buying the new one.[/QUOTE]

Well, if anything, I've moved from "F U Activision I'll never support you" to "Well if BB is giving me $30 for MW2...and it drops in price to $40...maybe $10 isn't so bad.."

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Well, if anything, I've moved from "F U Activision I'll never support you" to "Well if BB is giving me $30 for MW2...and it drops in price to $40...maybe $10 isn't so bad.."[/QUOTE]

I'll gameshare the dlc with you so it won't cost any more than the initial $10.

gameshare what? are you all really selling your MW2 discs? and if the zombie maps are DLC then Mad will be sharing those with us on the map pack gameshare account... hehe. I requested ALL of next week off so look for me to be playing COD BO. I will also try to be on a little earlier tonight if you all have nothing better to do.

I am 8 trophies away from Platinum'ing Disgaea 3. Of course the Reverse Viking (all reverse pirate crap not done), 10 Billion Damage, Trophy Shop, and all LOC Pirates (Baal Pirates, Prinny Pirates, ??) need to get done eventually.

[quote name='nakanenui']

I am 8 trophies away from Platinum'ing Disgaea 3. Of course the Reverse Viking (all reverse pirate crap not done), 10 Billion Damage, Trophy Shop, and all LOC Pirates (Baal Pirates, Prinny Pirates, ??) need to get done eventually.[/QUOTE]

Madre de dios! What's the time commitment on Plat-ing Disgeae 3?

[quote name='langdon_alger']Madre de dios! What's the time commitment on Plat-ing Disgeae 3?[/QUOTE]

160 hours and counting. Probably going to be near 200 by the time I really get the plat.

We demand the Dark Elf Lord for the last MW2 BFGN.

Just think of the things that will be missed from MW2:

*Me bitching about dying while trying to knife (maybe I should just run a shotty instead)
*Me killing our entire team in CTF while running the flag (okay, so that may still occur)
*The Dark Elf Lord telling us to slow down on the kills in TDM so he can get his nuke....right after TMB unleashes Harriers and a Pablo
*Snake stealing the Elf's first kill (still may happen)
*Fred's amazing Javelin skills
*Quickscoping (thankfully)
*Lag switching

Feel free to pile them on....

Wow were there some craptacular hosts last night....I had not planned on bailing so early, but everyone else has a cold in the house and i am trying to avoid that.

I think we only lost one match I participated it.....the Trailer Park Trash domination match where they had major host advantage. I thought we had it twice in the extra round....first when I did the quick plant on A when B was about to blow and then when Mad got a plant on it. That sucked because those Puerto Rican's were trash talking the whole time....they weren't even real Cuban's. :)

Heck, even with me as a handicap we won TDM in Highrise while those idiots kept trying to snipe from the other side....it was fun killing those snipers....it helped that they sucked at sniping.

Langdon - we were trash talking you in rundown. I said we should have left you to play with those idiots for shooting me. :) Of course I wasn't serious, but it did generate a good laugh. I think my quote was "I cannot believe Langdon shot me when I got the flag....let him stay and play with those guys!"

Those guys I was with were flipping out. They couldn't believe how it was just one after another afteranother on the flag. "I shot one of them but there were three more behind him!" was their quote, or something to that effect.

I must say, having seen it from the other side, CAG coordination on CTF is something to behold.

Quotes from Friday:

At the beginning of the Domination match on Strike
TMB: Alright ladies, everybody camp that center building.
Kaiser: Yes, mother.
-----
Midway through the match later...
TMB: 12... 13, 14, 15, 16.
Somebody else: Is that a nuke count?
TMB: Yes. 17, oh crap, 21, 22, 23, 24... guess I missed counting one, got the nuke.
-----
Shortly later after when discussing when to use it.
TMB: When should I pop it?
Kaiser: Wait until later on.
Nowlive: Wait until almost the end of the match.
Nowlive gets noob tubed.
Nowlive: Do it now.
Announcer: Nuke set, pull the trigger.
TMB triggers the nuke.
Nowlive: Wait wait wait... oh well.
-----
During the CTF match with Langdon on the other team.
Nowlive apparently just grabbed the flag and sees Langdon.
Nowlive: There's Langdon, he better not shoot me.
Langdon kills Nowlive.
Everybody else cracks up.
Nowlive: That bastard.
-----
Random cheesecake quotes from TMB.
TMB: I gots cheesecake!
TMB: I can haz cheesecake?
TMB: Mmm... cheesecake.
TMB: nom nom nom nom.

I really don't remember the rest of Friday, sort of drawing a blank after that.

I despise Strike....almost as much as I do Trailer Park Trash (worse than Wasteland IMO). I was saying once you got the Nuke we should have given them all 3 points and waited a while....maybe gone and got Riot Shields and had a bit of fun....we were up something like 150-80ish at the time you got the nuke. :)

[quote name='jmbreci']I despise Strike....almost as much as I do Trailer Park Trash (worse than Wasteland IMO). I was saying once you got the Nuke we should have given them all 3 points and waited a while....maybe gone and got Riot Shields and had a bit of fun....we were up something like 150-80ish at the time you got the nuke. :)[/QUOTE]
They weren't pushing out of their spawn effectively enough for me to be patient enough for them to do that, we held 2 points the whole match up until that point :(.

I guess they didn't consider me to be a big enough of a threat in that room because I only really got shot and hit like 3 or so times. Strike is such a fun map if you can singularly camp that room with Scavenger and claymores. With OMA you can achieve the same goodness but Scavenger gave me a nice start. It's the only reason why I tell people to camp it out, because you have overwatch of two fields of view, claymores covering the only entrance and you have a room where you can't be noob tubed/grenaded in from the outside.

bread's done
Back