Modern Warfare 2- discussion

[quote name='MacDaddyX12']didn't implode for me, but from what i hear, the patch was pretty much dedicated to fixing the infinite care package/emergency airdrop glitch[/QUOTE]

Yes...it is (was) annoying when you have wave after wave of attach helicopters or AC130s only to see that the other team has (1) person with 8+ kills.

Hopefully that is finally fixed. When you have something this complex, there are bound to be one or two coding errors.....plus, checking for these stupid glitches....when you test, you can only test for what you can think of.

I wish the perks in this game were a little more balanced. In ordinary games, everyone uses stopping power pro. It's pretty much a requirement. They can start firing after another guy who doesn't have stopping power and win the trade.

[quote name='option.iv']I wish the perks in this game were a little more balanced. In ordinary games, everyone uses stopping power pro. It's pretty much a requirement. They can start firing after another guy who doesn't have stopping power and win the trade.[/QUOTE]

Ive used stopping power just a short while on my my first playthough with no prestige, and i havent used it since and im almost at level 50 2nd prestige.

Its true you usually lose if you get spotted first, but i try to not get spotted lol.

The past 2 days have been some of the worst games in MW2 for me. Glitchers, noob-tube teams (every single person using noob-tube + thumper + danger close), and the last 5 games i played, 4 of them errored out and got thrown back to the menu, and #5 ended up with me getting signed out of the PSN and then the game threw me back into the menu again.

Im not saying its gears of war 2 broken, because that is a league of its own, but this is getting pretty absurd now. I love the game, but there is only so much of this trash i can take. I might have to go get MAG if this doesnt get fixed.

If you don't find a game you're liking, I'd suggest backing out. Objective based games offer the best mix of what you'd actually want out of TDM and the like. Mercenary TDM isn't half bad either. CTF, Demo and S&D offer great team dynamics and are just downright fun to play. Domination is a camp fest, especially on Ground Wars and you're going to have people that purely grind Domination that will utterly demolish you, your team and your poodle.

If you're finding that you're getting your ass handed to you by noob tubers, leave before it becomes a kill farm. If you're getting killed trading bullets, try being sneakier. MW2 caters to a wide variety of problem solving, once you figure out how to kill your opponent more times than they kill you, they start trying to figure out how to kill you better and it's an evolving beast that way. You're not going to get the results you want all the time because you will hit the brick wall that is known as the opposing team head on at least once in a match but being able to adapt to their tactics and overcome usually makes and breaks the game. Every tool you have against the enemy, they have against you, so find what makes you really suck and start returning the favor.

You can only be sneakier to an extent. It just gets beat out by camping, stopping power, and basic knowledge of the maps and enemy spawning. I find stopping power and slight of hand to be top tier perks because they can never be compromised, they either give the advantage, or at least level the playing field. They aren't trumped by anything like camping, another perk, or an attachment as many of the other perks are.

Things like FAMAS and stopping power are a testament to this. Pretty much one-two burst death.

There needs to be a penalty for backing out/quitting early. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a game where it was 3 v 6 or something similar. Perhaps a 5,000 - 10,000 XP penalty for any game you back out of? This would only apply to people who started the game, not those who joined mid-way.

[quote name='SynGamer']There needs to be a penalty for backing out/quitting early. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a game where it was 3 v 6 or something similar. Perhaps a 5,000 - 10,000 XP penalty for any game you back out of? This would only apply to people who started the game, not those who joined mid-way.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I've had to leave quite a few games because asshats were playing Objective games like it was Team Deathmatch.

I'm looking for some help completing Wetworks on veteran if anyone wants to give me a hand sometime. Send me a PM. Thanks.

[quote name='SnorE']I was wondering if there was away that i can here the other people with headsets on my bluetooth instead of the tv?[/QUOTE]

Register a bluetooth headset, turn it on(mic will be live) and you'll hear them over the headset and not the TV.

All you have to do is go to Accessory Settings, Manage Bluetooth Devices and register a headset after putting it in pairing mode.

i will loook at that accessory setting cause i already have it paired up and everything cause i use it to talk its just that i hear it over my tv as opposed to the speaker in the bluetooth

[quote name='SnorE']i will loook at that accessory setting cause i already have it paired up and everything cause i use it to talk its just that i hear it over my tv as opposed to the speaker in the bluetooth[/QUOTE]
You have to change the output to the bluetooth and not tv. You can also change between multiple headsets this way so you can have one charging, one ready to go and so on, all you have to do is change the input and output to the ones with the blue dot next to them.

Got a question... i tried researching on the web, but couldn't really find the answer that I was looking for.
If I download the map pack, can I copy it to a hard drive and install it in another xbox360? Will that other person be able to use the maps?
I read something about transfer of license, but that's not really what I want.

[quote name='xscorpionx']Got a question... i tried researching on the web, but couldn't really find the answer that I was looking for.
If I download the map pack, can I copy it to a hard drive and install it in another xbox360? Will that other person be able to use the maps?
I read something about transfer of license, but that's not really what I want.[/QUOTE]
Try the XBox 360 Thread, you're on the PS3 side :)

bread's done
Back