Modern Warfare 2- discussion

Ordered this game the other day, but damn Amazon isn't shipping it until Tuesday. Can't wait for it to get here though, and to play with some CAGs.

MORE GLITCH FIXES per Bowling(IW)

We’ve updated the PC version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes: - Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized:

- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and ‘elevators’.
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
- Fixes to prevent various texture (PC-ONLY) and XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.

These fixes, excluding the ones I’ve labeled as (PC-ONLY), are currently in test for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well. Before you ask why there is a delay from PC to consoles,
it’s because we can update IW-NET directly and therefore the fastest. The console versions require additional testing through their respective manufacturers.

[quote name='GamerLina']i think medal of honor is better than this game[/QUOTE]

The new Medal of Honor game isn't out yet, so that's interesting that you say that. Unless you're referring to the last Medal of Honor: Airborne, which was crap.

Really disappointing selection for the classic maps, although there were only a few maps in CoD4 I really liked so I'm hard to please. It was inevitable that Shipment would come back but it's still disappointing to see it. I'll probably pass on the classic pack.

In general I like MW2's maps much, much more than CoD4's, although I seem to be in the minority. There are only a couple I really don't like (Estate and Quarry), whereas there are a lot that I'm excited to play on when they show up.

If I had picked 4 classic maps to come back, they would have been Pipeline, Vacant, Downpour, and Broadcast.

I can see Kefka saving his pennies for these. I may have to play CoD4 before I decide if I want to buy the classic packs though.

Just saw this video of the negative XP hacks going on on the 360:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIeuHrQzszM

I was expecting it would just be taking away the points you'd usually earn, so like -100, -250, etc., not in the -5 million neighborhood. That's just brutal.

About 43 seconds in, it says "Daily XP Boost!" and then some text I can't make out. Is that a real thing? The video does say it's a private match on a modded Xbox so I guess it's possible they could have added that in.

Also unrelated but I don't know how anyone could stand having constant notifications through the entire match.

[quote name='metaly']
Also unrelated but I don't know how anyone could stand having constant notifications through the entire match.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I know. I get distracted every time someone logs into PSN, let alone when my friends decide to spam me with invites.

Anyways, this game finally got here today. If anyone wants to play, my PSN's in the sidebar. However, I SUCK. Like I'm really awful. Does anyone have any tips on how to get better fast? Like I just can't seem to get many kills. Might just be the low-level guns, or the other people beat me to the trigger, but is there way to get better?

The reason there was a custom game message & him getting a fuck load of messages was because he was offering invites into a hacked private xp match. Where 1 kill would get you to lvl 70. But instead, he tricked them and each kill would reset them to lvl 1 ofthat prestige.

[quote name='Jmclark']Anyways, this game finally got here today. If anyone wants to play, my PSN's in the sidebar. However, I SUCK. Like I'm really awful. Does anyone have any tips on how to get better fast? Like I just can't seem to get many kills. Might just be the low-level guns, or the other people beat me to the trigger, but is there way to get better?[/QUOTE]

Tons and tons of Free For Alls. You'll need to learn the maps and Free For Alls are a good place to start. Once you start breaking even kill/death wise, start doing some team games and watch the kill cam. Also treat it like you're paranoid, because everybody is out to get you... so aim around every corner you go and be prepped to shoot.

Honestly, the hardest thing is not getting killed. Getting kills is stupidly easy but doing it without getting killed so you can pull off your killstreaks will be what you'll need to learn. Mix two parts insanity, one part "OMG" and one part "There is no spoon" while wearing a pair of brown pants and you should be able to do it.

[quote name='Jmclark']Anyways, this game finally got here today. If anyone wants to play, my PSN's in the sidebar. However, I SUCK. Like I'm really awful. Does anyone have any tips on how to get better fast? Like I just can't seem to get many kills. Might just be the low-level guns, or the other people beat me to the trigger, but is there way to get better?[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend just sticking to a few guns at the beginning, since it's hard to tell the differences when you're still getting a feel for the game. The SCAR-H is really good and it unlocks pretty early. Also don't just run out towards the enemy, guns blazing. Like 39er said, the hard part is not dying and it's really hard to stay alive playing Rambo-style.

Always watch the killcam, at least long enough to figure out exactly what went wrong. Try not to make that mistake again, or if it was just the enemy using some cool trick/hiding spot, remember it and use it later yourself. (This sounds patronizing but it really is helpful just to watch.)

Hardline and the care package killstreak is a really fun combo when you're just starting out. I may have been getting slaughtered, but it was so exciting to see what would pop out of those boxes. :)

I completely agree about the kill cam. Its one of the big things I love about MW. I hate it in other games where you mysteriously died.

I got a PSN message from a guy on my team last night after a game of Sabatoge, calling me a "pussy ass $$$$a" and not to plant the bomb. The whole point of the mode is to plant the bomb and win the game. :roll: This is why I hate Modern Warfare 2. The community is fucking garbage.

[quote name='Blackout']I got a PSN message from a guy on my team last night after a game of Sabatoge, calling me a "pussy ass $$$$a" and not to plant the bomb. The whole point of the mode is to plant the bomb and win the game. :roll: This is why I hate Modern Warfare 2. The community is fucking garbage.[/QUOTE]Come & join the MW2 CAG Clan.

Think about it, we actually do the objectives! \\:D/

[quote name='LordKefka06']Come & join the MW2 CAG Clan.

Think about it, we actually do the objectives! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

I think I'll join you guys for a game or two whenever the days are. Last night I was actually able to get into games where people did the objective and they were fun. Not sure why that douche sent that message to me. Probably because I planted the bomb and got close to 10 kills within like 2 minutes of the game starting. I was on fire during that one. :hot:

[quote name='Blackout']I think I'll join you guys for a game or two whenever the days are. Last night I was actually able to get into games where people did the objective and they were fun. Not sure why that douche sent that message to me. Probably because I planted the bomb and got close to 10 kills within like 2 minutes of the game starting. I was on fire during that one. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Hehe, I tend to give it my all for Capture the Flag, Demolition, S&D and Sabotage but Sabotage gets annoying very quickly with the camping. Join up with us for game night and you'll enjoy yourself unless we're getting pounded by a crappy host and a noob tubing team of idiots. It's really satisfying when we win vs campers but it's also stressful because they really make you work for it and in some maps, it's impossible.

One thing I must stress... if you're going to draw fire or do something to register on the radar, WHATEVER YOU DO, don't do it next to a teammate unless you have to. I get killed 9 times out of 10 because somebody drew attention to my location, that or next to somebody else who decides to run up, make themselves a big target next to my relatively concealed position.

[quote name='Mad39er']Hehe, I tend to give it my all for Capture the Flag, Demolition, S&D and Sabotage but Sabotage gets annoying very quickly with the camping. Join up with us for game night and you'll enjoy yourself unless we're getting pounded by a crappy host and a noob tubing team of idiots. It's really satisfying when we win vs campers but it's also stressful because they really make you work for it and in some maps, it's impossible.

One thing I must stress... if you're going to draw fire or do something to register on the radar, WHATEVER YOU DO, don't do it next to a teammate unless you have to. I get killed 9 times out of 10 because somebody drew attention to my location, that or next to somebody else who decides to run up, make themselves a big target next to my relatively concealed position.[/QUOTE]QFT to all this. When we get a group of CAGs together, we just cycle through those playlists, with the exception of GW if we go over 6.

Also, a silencer is required IMO. Along with ninja pro.

Anyone want to play? Hit me up or send a message (If list is full)
I feel like getting to 8th today :\.

PSN is on Sig.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']When is this dang new CPG patch going to hit for the PS3? Xbox folk just got it today, and apparently it was a success...so far.[/QUOTE]

We already got that patch last week.

However, there is a new care package glitch out there.

[quote name='zenithyoda']We already got that patch last week.

However, there is a new care package glitch out there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read today on Infinity Ward's forums that a new PS3 patch is coming out soon. Maybe it will also fix the freaking freezing that has been happening to me and some other people in campaign.

[quote name='SnorE']soo i need someone to mentor me and make me better at online play? any technique guides out there etc?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm above average at most of the competitive games I play. But I don't get MW2. I'm at 1.04 KDR and I have mediocre/good matches to bad. Rarely do I ever have great numbers. u_u

well now that i have been playin a bit...im getting some better weapons and attachments...i dont know if im getting a little better or itss cause the weapons/perks...but i have been playing a bit....add me if you want i need some PSN friends

So I've been playing this game and I really dont see what all the fuss is about. I beat the story mode in one sit through and it was solid but not spectacular. It was really short. I couldnt believe when it was over...

The online multiplayer is ok. I dont think I'm a big fan of people being able to call in helicopters and airplanes and just kill their opponents over and over. Whats the fun in that?

EDIT: This is my first Call of Duty game. I'm not too impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordKefka06']Also, a silencer is required IMO. Along with ninja pro.[/QUOTE]

lol, i remember you always reminding me..."you got a suppressor on that weapon, electric?" which is a nice way of saying "don't draw attention to me you jackass."

I seriously hate this game competitively. Aim assist, knife kills, powerups, and constant weak kill cam kills where the guy doesn't even get shot. It is almost comical, but I think it sucks to much to be funny.

The game has its moments, it can be insanely frustrating at times, but insanely rewarding on others. Getting those 4 kills with hardline for the predator then finding a good hiding spot, getting 2 kills with it, then 2 more kills with harrier, then bringing out the pavelow... Man, its super exciting!!!

Its just so fun when everything clicks. I had a match with 48 kills and 10 deaths, 2 pavelows in a single match. Its good times like that, that really make MW2 the #1 online FPS imo. Insanely rewarding. Of course, i sometimes get destroyed badly, ive had a lot of 5 kills 20 death matches too. Sometimes, there is just nothing you can do.

I just dont see what any other FPS could bring to the table that would be as rewarding online. This game has everything, it rewards you in every step you make, you do well you get more killstreaks, which leads to more fun.

I've only put like 12 hours into the multiplayer but they've been pretty fun. I think people take videogames too seriously when playing multiplayer.

One of the best times I had in MW2 was when I was the final kill in a free for all. I knew a guy was up on a ledge (on quarry I think) so I climbed up the ladder with visions of murdering a sniper in my head. His claymore planted right at the top of the ladder blew my fucking head off. It looked awesome on the final kill public kill-cam thing.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']I seriously hate this game competitively. Aim assist, knife kills, powerups, and constant weak kill cam kills where the guy doesn't even get shot. It is almost comical, but I think it sucks to much to be funny.[/QUOTE]

That's why I play the MP for fun and I try to not take it too seriously. There's just too many things wrong with the game, in my opinion, for it to be competitive.

With that said, it's one of the most fun MP I've ever played.

anyone lookin to throw down tonight let me know add me zSnorEz i should be on later tonight 1130est time or so unless i decide to go back to the bar

[quote name='idkblah00']does anyone know how to do the click click boom challenge?[/QUOTE]

Click Click Boom - Kill an enemy with C4 while you are in Last Stand.

[quote name='jmbreci']Click Click Boom - Kill an enemy with C4 while you are in Last Stand.[/QUOTE]

when i'm in last i cant throw the c4 or detonate a c4 that i have thrown already

The PS3 patch (the new one) was supposed to come out last night (for North American folks). I wonder what happened to it? It was supposed to be a night launch for the new CPG patch, but it never came out in NA. It came out in Europe, but not in NA for some reason.

Can't seem to find an answer to where it went? I guess just check around and hope it comes out tonight...

didn't implode for me, but from what i hear, the patch was pretty much dedicated to fixing the infinite care package/emergency airdrop glitch

[quote name='LordKefka06']You gotta get Last Stand Pro.[/QUOTE]
Final Stand works just as well, I've done it :lol:

Played for 5.5 hours last night online with my cousins. The first few hours was nothing but glitchers!!! And not care package glitch, we only had 1 match with those douchers, they were mostly in god mode or something, because i would shoot an entire clip of a FAMAS in them, and they wouldn't die. One guy literally turned around mid shots and stabbed me.

Whats worse, is when these guys who wouldnt die would be camped at all 3 spots on the map for domination and we couldnt get in anywhere. Also, they basically killed us with 1 bullet every time. I watched their replays and they were running INSANE fast, then they knew EXACTLY where i would pop out of (likely had uav on the entire game) and would sit there aiming till i came out, then boom, dead.

This crap is NOT fun. I dont want to get angry at IW, im sure other games are as broken as this, but they dont have 10+ million people playing it to find the crap that MW2 does, so a lot more crap happens in this game. The popularity is insane.

However, eventually we got into a few matches with normal players who weren't cheating at all. Man, it was incredibly fun!!!! We had some amazing matches, i got my 750 kills and blue tiger on the FAMAS, and was leveling up fast. Lots of intense last second moments (we were going to lose, 195/197, we only had b and they had a/c.. My cousins went to take a, i went by myself to take c, 4 of them were there camping at c, took all 4 out with my spas-12 shotgun and we ended up winning). Was incredible.

You deal with a lot of bull in this game, but there are also some amazing moments where everything clicks and its all worthwhile.

bread's done
Back