Modern Warfare 2- discussion

[quote name='Thomas96']I played Spec Ops for the firs time! I love it! I had no idea it was that fun. Wen through the first three levels of Alpha and picked up 3 stars on each one. Had to use cellphones as headsets, since my friend didn't have a headset. lol[/QUOTE]

Man, that's ghetto-riffic. But glad you're enjoying yourself!

[quote name='Ecofreak']Man, that's ghetto-riffic. But glad you're enjoying yourself![/QUOTE]

"Ghetto-riffic" LMAO!!! I didn't realize how ghetto that sounded when I typed it. Gotta make do with what you got.

How many people can play spec ops? Can more than 2 players play together?

[quote name='Thomas96']Gotta make do with what you got.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said!

Sorry -- just seemed to easy to pass up.

Right so now the last 4 online games I have played have all crashed on me when it shows the screen where each team is listed and how many points they all have...does anyone have suggestions what could be causing this? Never had this problem before this week and my matches are generally lag free etc...

My system just totally freezes I can't bring the XMB up or anything, have to reset the system to get it back...so frustrating because nothing I'm doing is recording...

[quote name='Ecofreak']That's what she said!

Sorry -- just seemed to easy to pass up.[/QUOTE]

lol that's alright. Its been one hell of a week for me!

I finally got around to playing the single player campaign. I started off on Veteran right away and finished it in one sitting. Fantastic game. I just hit level 45 online as well. Its so crazy how this game will be relevant for another 2 years.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I finally got around to playing the single player campaign. I started off on Veteran right away and finished it in one sitting. Fantastic game. I just hit level 45 online as well. Its so crazy how this game will be relevant for another 2 years.[/QUOTE]

I was playing on Hardened, but its not even worth it to play on that level.... I think I'm going to go back and play on Veteran. I don't know if I can handle it though.

Got the platinum today! :bouncy:

I will probably still play online once in awhile but Gamefly sent Borderlands and AC2 so I don't think it will be anytime soon.

[quote name='Darknyss']Got the platinum today! :bouncy:

I will probably still play online once in awhile but Gamefly sent Borderlands and AC2 so I don't think it will be anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Did you manage to complete "Homeland Security" solo?

[quote name='Ecofreak']Congrats! Did you manage to complete "Homeland Security" solo?[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Yeah, it was tough but the right turret placement works wonders on that mission.

And thanks for your help. I definitely wouldn't have been able to do them all without a good partner.

hey anyone experiencing any problems after the new update. I went to play a game of free for all but there were way too many players. I'm thinking it threw me into a ground war. I never play ground war so i don't know if this is normal but i kept being killed as soon as i spawned as in players were right there waiting to kill me.

anyone have any good tips on doing High explosives the echo spec ops missions. my friends and I keep losing once the 3rd wave gets to us

Just got the Platinum -- 7th in my collection.

Single Player: 11.5 Hours
Spec-Ops: 15 Hours

Definitely had a blast w/ Spec Ops as Darknyss as my partner, and will keep my eye out for other games with this feature in the future.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Just got the Platinum -- 7th in my collection.

Single Player: 11.5 Hours
Spec-Ops: 15 Hours

Definitely had a blast w/ Spec Ops as Darknyss as my partner, and will keep my eye out for other games with this feature in the future.[/QUOTE]
Woot, Congrats!

Hey, I am curious if anyone has the Infected title. I am doing some title hunting and I believe I need to be stabbed by someone who has the Infected title to get it.

Just hit me up here or on PSN. PSN=RooskyDoosky

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

[quote name='GoclFaThEr']Hey, I am curious if anyone has the Infected title. I am doing some title hunting and I believe I need to be stabbed by someone who has the Infected title to get it.

Just hit me up here or on PSN. PSN=RooskyDoosky

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks![/QUOTE]You should consider joining the PS3 MW2 CAG clan. Just read the OP & drop a post in that format, and I'll be sure to add you.

[quote name='LordKefka06']It added a new match making system. It does speed it up by quite alot actually.[/QUOTE]

Is it just a speed thing? Cuz I noticed I'm still getting lumped together with guys way higher than me.

It's definitely a speed thing. It used to take like 2 minutes to find a match, now it takes like 30 seconds or so for me on DSL. FIOS needs to find it's way into my building :(

That's weird. It never took a long time for me to get into a game. It was always fast.

Still experimenting with them. I'm pretty sure that stuns throw a lot faster than flash though.

-----

EDIT: IW broke their match making system with the new patch.

It's impossible to join a game that isn't already underway. I just joined 15 FFA games (in a row) while they were in progress. Now it's about 7/8 games I join are already going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to ask how this game is on the ps3. I have the 360 version, but with my gold running out soon, i may switch over to the ps3 version with free internet. I could use the 40 dollars id spend buying another year of gold for something like god of war collection.

Anyway my concern is how good the online is. I play this game mainly for MP online. I read that CODMW2 sold 2:1 on xbox as to ps3 on the first day. I mean im sure there are a ton of players playing this on the ps3 version, right? But my biggest concern would be playing this game with the ps3 controller. With the left analog switched to the bottom does that feel good? Also im not sure but i thought the ps3 analogs were more loose than the 360s analogs. Im sure id be able to adjust to it. Its pretty funny because i had a ps2 and when i was going to buy a 360 i was worried how the controller was lol. Anyway, any feedback would be great.

Oh yeah, hows the framerate on this game? I know some multiplatform games play better on 360.

I played COD4 and 5 on my 360 online for the longest time, and i switched to the PS3 for all my online games just recently, and MW2 was one of my purchases. Its exactly the same as the 360 one and theres tons of people playing online. No worries about lack of people to find, its call of duty.

You get used to the controls and using L1/R1 for shooting/aiming is very nice. I do better or same on ps3 then 360. I will never pay for live again and haven't regretted my decision to leave the 360 at all. Everythings nice and dandy on the ps3 for this game.

p.s. - get god of war collection, sooooo good.

I'm so sad they fixed the javelin glitch before I even got to unlock the javelin and try it. :cry:

At least I can still feel like a complete douchebag trying to grind out those 20 grenade launcher kills per weapon. Also I just unlocked akimbo shotguns so there's that, too. I feel like such an ass playing this game, but I'm loving it. \\:D/

[quote name='LordKefka06']Still experimenting with them. I'm pretty sure that stuns throw a lot faster than flash though.

-----

EDIT: IW broke their match making system with the new patch.

It's impossible to join a game that isn't already underway. I just joined 15 FFA games (in a row) while they were in progress. Now it's about 7/8 games I join are already going.[/QUOTE]

I know it sucks, but stay in the lobby after the game you join is over...

@ Trakan - Most of the time the games I join are already in mid-game, so I just leave it instantly & try again. Unless the first person has less than 8 kills.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I wanted to ask how this game is on the ps3. I have the 360 version, but with my gold running out soon, i may switch over to the ps3 version with free internet. I could use the 40 dollars id spend buying another year of gold for something like god of war collection.

Oh yeah, hows the framerate on this game? I know some multiplatform games play better on 360.[/QUOTE]

I've never noticed any problem w/ the online play and games start really quickly (typically within 20 seconds depending on game type).

Online Spec Ops was also buttery smooth, and I played it for ~15 hours.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I wanted to ask how this game is on the ps3. I have the 360 version, but with my gold running out soon, i may switch over to the ps3 version with free internet. I could use the 40 dollars id spend buying another year of gold for something like god of war collection.

But my biggest concern would be playing this game with the ps3 controller. With the left analog switched to the bottom does that feel good? Also im not sure but i thought the ps3 analogs were more loose than the 360s analogs.

Oh yeah, hows the framerate on this game? I know some multiplatform games play better on 360.[/QUOTE]

I've heard it said that there are more serious MW2 gamers on the PS3 side, I'm pretty comfortable with that assessment too. Plenty of high quality killers and they're usually not under like 17 years old.

I've had no problem with the PS3 controller, just be sure to use a DualShock 3 because the regular Sixaxis controller can lag out or not connect that great. The only issue I have is accidentally knifing when I mean to shoot but that's a twitch/player thing more than anything else.

I've never had framerate drop on any scene in MW2 or multiplayer session.

I don't know if you have a group you play with on Live but we've also got a relatively decent little clan. Everybody is pretty top notch and communication is great.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242231

[quote name='Mad39er']I've heard it said that there are more serious MW2 gamers on the PS3 side, I'm pretty comfortable with that assessment too. Plenty of high quality killers and they're usually not under like 17 years old.[/QUOTE]

To add to his comment, I've played ~30 multiplayer games since the Javelin glitch became widespread knowledge -- and I've been in only one game when it was actually used.

Not sure how commonly it's used on the 360, but it must be signficant if MS is banning people (or Sony is waiting for the next patch).

Man this game is glitchy. I entered a game and left in seconds and I got a whole level upgrade. I left as soon as possible no kills no deaths no nothing wtf? Considering I am at level 46 a whole level is alot!
I joined another game as it was ending and got nothing I would have thought the opposite I would get a match bonus.

Combine that with soemtimes direct hits with a grenade launcher does nothing (not at close range when it doesn't explode but full range) and sometimes I just glitch and get moved around the map. A couple of times I was shooting somebody and I got teleported to the other side of the map or something w/o dying.

I have fun with the game but common man fix this crap. I also heard about PS3 users having trouble with invites and stuff screw you Infinity Ward atleast support your game (not to mention Pc users reactions).

[quote name='serenitygod']Man this game is glitchy. I entered a game and left in seconds and I got a whole level upgrade. I left as soon as possible no kills no deaths no nothing wtf? Considering I am at level 46 a whole level is alot!
I joined another game as it was ending and got nothing I would have thought the opposite I would get a match bonus.

Combine that with soemtimes direct hits with a grenade launcher does nothing (not at close range when it doesn't explode but full range) and sometimes I just glitch and get moved around the map. A couple of times I was shooting somebody and I got teleported to the other side of the map or something w/o dying.

I have fun with the game but common man fix this crap. I also heard about PS3 users having trouble with invites and stuff screw you Infinity Ward atleast support your game (not to mention Pc users reactions).[/QUOTE]

I can say I've never seen any of the above happen except when there is lag. When lag happens everything glitches out badly, but that's on the Host or your connection, not on the game. I've fixed most of my invite problems by simply putting my PS3 on the DMZ of my router and resetting my PS3/router at worst. My only problem is my router doesn't like my PS3 and my PC to be on at the same time.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Let's BUST some MYTH'S.......Or Not.

[youtube]maCSZFEPwzc[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Amazing how they set up some of shots. Very entertaining. :applause:

bread's done
Back