Modern Warfare 2- discussion

[quote name='Trakan']Patches are good.[/QUOTE]

Not when there's one every time I put in the game.

Snatch and Grab on Veteran is almost impossible. My friend and I just can't beat this level.

[quote name='Blackout']

Snatch and Grab on Veteran is almost impossible. My friend and I just can't beat this level.[/QUOTE]

That is probably just your fault there nothing to do with the game =p.

Anyway, my purchase of MW2 has not been a happy purchase for the year 2009. What is up with the multiple issues with the game? >.> MW2 was one of the most anticipated game of 2009 and you think they would have tried to work really hard on it to bring the customer the best experience possible. Coming from Infinity Ward, a big studio too. I mean look at NaughtyDog. They're a smaller studio but their most anticipated game of the year did delivered everything that was promised without any chuckle. Today isn't the first time I can't access MW2 online MP >.> This thing is piss me off with the dumb matchmaking system (like putting me in the game that already end, putting me in the game with 2 bars, etc...) Sometime I think InfinityWard just hired a bunch of cheap programmers for this project since they did not expect to sell as well as they are.

Lol I started using Akimbo Shottys and Commando pro. I ended up going like 25 and 4 on Wasteland. I got a lot of remarks about how I am a douchebag and a noob lol. Its funny to mess with people.

IW PATCH UPDATE (for those who didn't know):

Update in Test now: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix.
Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix.

[quote name='dodgeme']Lol I started using Akimbo Shottys and Commando pro. I ended up going like 25 and 4 on Wasteland. I got a lot of remarks about how I am a douchebag and a noob lol. Its funny to mess with people.[/QUOTE]

I hope you keep doing that. If it works, fuck 'em. They're stupid for bitching about it rather than finding a solution.

[quote name='luan87us']That is probably just your fault there nothing to do with the game =p.

[/QUOTE]

No, it's your fault.

Anyone have any tips?

I can say I've never seen any of the above happen except when there is lag. When lag happens everything glitches out badly, but that's on the Host or your connection, not on the game. I've fixed most of my invite problems by simply putting my PS3 on the DMZ of my router and resetting my PS3/router at worst. My only problem is my router doesn't like my PS3 and my PC to be on at the same time.
I am going to say wrong about this one. You do not move across the map bc of lag. Maybe an action is redone and your stabbed first or something but, clear across the map! Like the end of a marathon it is a good teleport trick

[quote name='serenitygod']I am going to say wrong about this one. You do not move across the map bc of lag. Maybe an action is redone and your stabbed first or something but, clear across the map! Like the end of a marathon it is a good teleport trick[/QUOTE]

Don't know what to tell you, I've never had a problem with the game cheating me of kills with a grenade launcher or teleporting or even randomly leveling. I've been in matches where chasing somebody during a spell of lag resulted in me going one way, them stopping or pausing in the air and them being somewhere else entirely 2 seconds later.

Have yet to feel the game is glitchy when it's always been spot on for me when I headshot people across the map through cover, hopefully you'll have a better experience. Maybe you'll even join us for CAG game night :).

New patch just went live. Supposedly re-balances the 1887's...we'll see what it actually does with them. Hopefully it means they reduced the range and accuracy as well as increased the reload time for them.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Let's BUST some MYTH'S.......Or Not.

[youtube]maCSZFEPwzc[/youtube][/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed that. And loved the Ronald Jenkees music. :applause:

I have a problem that needs clarification.

How the hell do I start unlocking the individual weapon challenges? You know, the ones that are like, "Kill 50 enemies with this gun for the scope". Do you need to be a minimum level for them to start opening up?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - Nevermind. Figured it out. I guess. It works now.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fetching Playlists..."
"Updating Rank and Unlocks..."
"Connecting to Matchmaking Server..."

I've been getting this for over a day now...tried resetting my router and modem but nothing is working. Anyone know of a fix for this?

[quote name='bjstucker']looking for a co-op partner for the weekend probably as I will be out of town most of tomorrow atleast till 6pm Est[/QUOTE]You checked out the CAG PS3 MW2 clan thread?

[quote name='SynGamer']"Fetching Playlists..."
"Updating Rank and Unlocks..."
"Connecting to Matchmaking Server..."

I've been getting this for over a day now...tried resetting my router and modem but nothing is working. Anyone know of a fix for this?[/QUOTE]You tried putting your PS3 in a DMZ, or opening some ports?

I decided to prestige and started playing a lot of demoltion. I found the best way to get kills and get around the map quick. People call me a glitcher and hacker even though I haven't done anything. Basically I set my perks to be marathon, lightweight and commando all of which are pro'd now. And then you get the 4 kill streak to get your care package. After that equip the care package and run around and you can almost knive anybody if your quick enough. I keep getting 60 kill games in demoltion.

Demolition is such a high action, nail biting, edge of your seat competitive game mode. It's great when people win the first match and start screaming things at the opposite team and the opposing team just sweeps the other two matches. The trash talk on Demolition is just hilarious and by far I think it's the most fun game mode because it can be quick or it can be brutally long and drawn out. Takes a lot of skill and team effort to win at Demolition... or the other side just has to suck.

[quote name='Mad39er']Demolition is such a high action, nail biting, edge of your seat competitive game mode. It's great when people win the first match and start screaming things at the opposite team and the opposing team just sweeps the other two matches. The trash talk on Demolition is just hilarious and by far I think it's the most fun game mode because it can be quick or it can be brutally long and drawn out. Takes a lot of skill and team effort to win at Demolition... or the other side just has to suck.[/QUOTE]This. In my experience, Demolition is the fastest way to legitly level up. Your kill count in demolition is also on the higher side compared to most other modes.

Also, I'm still so psyched for this mode:
vip = Basically it's like assasination. It uses the defenders CTF flag spot as the 'extraction zone' - and picks a random vip... the vip spawns with riot shield and deagle, and also has armor vest and final stand. Once the vip reaches the extraction zone, they have to press use to call in an extraction pickup. This takes 45 seconds, and after that time, the attackers win. The defenders win if they kill the vip or if they kill everyone on the other team. Attackers win if they kill all the defenders, or extract the vip.
However, this mode pretty much requires a team of friends. This'll make it excellent for future clan nights.

Male CAG, 33 yrs. old, married, 3 kids, 33/114 k/d ratio seeks similarly skilled CAG for Spec Ops. psn id= langdon_alger.

(basically I'm looking for someone to play SpecOps with who won't get pissed at my lack of leet skillz...are the kids still saying "leet skillz?")

[quote name='enufs8d']Kelfa - how do we know when its you or your brother playing?[/QUOTE]

His brother has a deeper voice, usually isn't on the mic as much and since Kefka is out for a week, his broham is playing currently. Also usually his brother doesn't answer messages meant for Kefka but he'll still play and party up. It's kinda funny to have them both in the same room because they'll forget the mic is on and just start talking. He's good people though, definitely talks less than Kefka but I only heard him once or twice during sessions.

[quote name='langdon_alger']Male CAG, 33 yrs. old, married, 3 kids, 33/114 k/d ratio seeks similarly skilled CAG for Spec Ops. psn id= langdon_alger.

(basically I'm looking for someone to play SpecOps with who won't get pissed at my lack of leet skillz...are the kids still saying "leet skillz?")[/QUOTE]

I'm down but I can only do fairly late-night stuff. PSN is Gurtuuth.

I'm okay not great but I'd like to knock out some of the spec ops stuff. No mic though so I guess we'd have to communicate through jumping in morse code.

A riot shield based class can be a (haha) riot. I ran around in FFA tonight with a shield and a pistol and while I wasn't a MW2 god by any stretch, there were some funny encounters.

Curses to grenades and their ability to explode behind me.

[quote name='Halo05']A riot shield based class can be a (haha) riot. I ran around in FFA tonight with a shield and a pistol and while I wasn't a MW2 god by any stretch, there were some funny encounters.

Curses to grenades and their ability to explode behind me.[/QUOTE]

I ran with a riot shield class for a couple matches and it helped bring down my K/D ratio. I couldn't do anything with that brick for a weapon. I have a lot of trouble getting close enough to people to actually use the shield.

And if you are just going to use a pistol as a main weapon, I would rather have a useful main (sniper) and a pistol instead of a shield and a pistol.

PSN ID: xOLSONx

Slowly but surely getting my K/D ratio above 1. Went from usually getting .5 to 3+ thanks to finally finding a setup I like. Lately I have been able to pull off high 20's to 5's and it feels good.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']BTW, has anyone noticed that people behind riot shields can be knifed? I don't know how, but I constantly knife people hiding behind shields.[/QUOTE]

If you come at them from an angle, you can stab around the side of the shield.

[quote name='Puffa469']If you come at them from an angle, you can stab around the side of the shield.[/QUOTE]

I know, but what I'm talking about is straight on. I knife, and it hits the shield but still kills the guy. Funny to see, because by doing that I just ruined the use of the riot shield.:applause:

No one got to me directly through the shield with a knife. People got tricky and started shooting me in my feet or getting grenades behind me.

Maybe lag can make it look like you're knifing someone straight-on when they're actually turned to a side.

oh goodness.... I wish we could watch replays of matches... I'd love to show you guys photage of me running away (and being chased) from people using that damn shield.... lol I hate that damn thing... gives me nightmares!

[quote name='Halo05']No one got to me directly through the shield with a knife. People got tricky and started shooting me in my feet or getting grenades behind me.

Maybe lag can make it look like you're knifing someone straight-on when they're actually turned to a side.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it is lag, because you are not supposed to just knife straight through the shield :lol: Also, if you are sneaking around a bit, your feet are not exposed.

[quote name='Thomas96']oh goodness.... I wish we could watch replays of matches... I'd love to show you guys photage of me running away (and being chased) from people using that damn shield.... lol I hate that damn thing... gives me nightmares![/QUOTE]

Semtex is your friend, anybody I see with a riot shield I do my best to stick with semtex since it's an easy kill usually. Sometimes I'll run away and set up claymores, automatic fire helps hit the hard to hit weak spots like feet though.

Lol, What a coincidence. I recently started messing around with the riot shield for fun as well.

Lightweight+Marathon. I use the M9 as secondary to switch quickly if people try and run away.

It's awesome how you get the 'you make a great distraction' bonus if someone else kills the person that's shooting at you if you're playing team deathmatch.

+50 pts for being a bullet sponge as well.

Got to 70 a few days ago and am thinking of prestiging just for that 6th class slot. Ironically, I want it so I can have a slot for the AK... decisions.

Just curious, do the prestige-only challenges reset when you prestige again?

[quote name='metaly']Got to 70 a few days ago and am thinking of prestiging just for that 6th class slot. Ironically, I want it so I can have a slot for the AK... decisions.

Just curious, do the prestige-only challenges reset when you prestige again?[/QUOTE]

I have already all the class slots I need personally.

A sniper class, an assault rifle class, and another assault rifle class. The other two are just "whatever" classes that I switch around when bored but never use.

[quote name='metaly']Got to 70 a few days ago and am thinking of prestiging just for that 6th class slot. Ironically, I want it so I can have a slot for the AK... decisions.

Just curious, do the prestige-only challenges reset when you prestige again?[/QUOTE]

I've got zero prestige advice. At this rate, I'll get there in July. That said, I'm pissed that they put the AK all the way up there. Jesus grandmother, that rifle is the gun equivalent to a club, it should be unlocked from the start.

I'm saying I'll never know because I'll hit 70, use it until I can prestige and go back to level 1. :p

EDIT - I'm also saying that as a weapon system in real life, it is very primitive. Not necessarily a bad thing when dealing with combat because the thing will never break, jam, etc. but it isn't exactly a precision-built firearm.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm saying I'll never know because I'll hit 70, use it until I can prestige and go back to level 1. :p

EDIT - I'm also saying that as a weapon system in real life, it is very primitive. Not necessarily a bad thing when dealing with combat because the thing will never break, jam, etc. but it isn't exactly a precision-built firearm.[/QUOTE]

Reliability is a huge factor in war, especially in desert areas where guns have a bad habit of jamming.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I have already all the class slots I need personally.

A sniper class, an assault rifle class, and another assault rifle class. The other two are just "whatever" classes that I switch around when bored but never use.[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself lucky, I usually have 3 different sniper classes, 2 different assault classes and an anti-air class. One Man Army makes me very versatile and I can usually adapt like the Borg to most situations. I still need more class slots to be happy.

[quote name='Mad39er']Consider yourself lucky, I usually have 3 different sniper classes, 2 different assault classes and an anti-air class. One Man Army makes me very versatile and I can usually adapt like the Borg to most situations. I still need more class slots to be happy.[/QUOTE]

Well, I only jumped around with weapons/perks/classes early in the game. After a while though, I just use my Intervention sniper class, a Hardcore sniping class, an assault class and two whatever classes. I am toying with having a second assault class with an M16, but I don't know. You got the jist of it.

bread's done
Back