Modern Warfare 3 Discussion Thread - Out 11/8/11. New Multiplayer Trailer!

[quote name='Average Gamer']I'm don't keep upto date too much on developer's names, but I thought Infinity Ward was handling this game?

And what games has Raven & Sleddgehammer made in the past?[/QUOTE]
It looks like Raven Soft and Sledgehammer are being brought in to supplement the IW staff rather than take over outright.

Raven Soft has dev'd a decent amount of games, Soldier of Fortune, Quake 4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a bunch of X-Men games(Legends, Origins) and worked on Black Ops DLC and user interface.

Sledgehammer has less info available aside from this being their first project as Sledgehammer. They left EA's Visceral Games studio to found Sledgehammer, they dev'd all of the Dead Space games basically.

Bioshock 3 is going to be so much better than MW3 and BF3. Why do all 1st person shooters have aim ASS ist now? Thats such a joke and makes 1st person shooters just about the worst kinda of games you could possibly play anymore. I'd rather play something from 15 years ago than this poo.

There's nothing to see here...just move along.

On another note...I'll probably spring for the hardened edition. Seems like I might as well get in the founders club along with the rest of you.

Lol.
Founders club, gimme a break.
This franchise is becoming the new tony hawk and will hopefully die soon.
On a side note the tony hawk ds games are more fun than the current COD's.
Complete Overflow of Dung

[quote name='Mr. 420']Lol.
Founders club, gimme a break.
This franchise is becoming the new tony hawk and will hopefully die soon.
On a side note the tony hawk ds games are more fun than the current COD's.
Complete Overflow of Dung[/QUOTE]

I would consider this post you made more dung then anything activision has ever done.

I played some of their early games, which were fun. My assumption on Raven Soft is that they have had plenty of turnover since then. Still, the original Ultimate Alliance was entertaining.

That gameplay wasn't exactly great and it barely showed the double-sight, but it was worth the watch. Map looks interesting (and small)...also, is it just me or does that gun look like it has a good amount of recoil when scoped in (not the normal red dot, the other scope)?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']That gameplay wasn't exactly great and it barely showed the double-sight, but it was worth the watch. Map looks interesting (and small)...also, is it just me or does that gun look like it has a good amount of recoil when scoped in (not the normal red dot, the other scope)?[/QUOTE]
ACOG scope has traditionally been pretty shitty, assuming that's what it is.

Yeah that's what I thought, considering the ACOG adds so much recoil that it makes it garbage in most situations. Arguably used best on a sniper rifle, which is pretty sad :lol:

Gamestop has listed a pre-order for COD Elite with bonus Founder status. While it's not the Hardened Edition, those that can't get the Hardened Edition because their retailer sucks(Kmart is only getting 1 for every 2 stores), will have this as a recourse.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/add-ons/call-of-duty-elite-premium-membership/92969

I have my pre-order in for the Hardened Edition on PS3 already but if they cut people off, this is the way to go for those who procrastinated.

Gamestop pulled down the Hardened Edition pre-order for PS3 from their web page. The 360 version is still available but I found it a little odd they don't have the PS3 version available for online pre-order. I guess quantities really are limited across the board.

Contemplating what to do. Got $20 credit from Newegg I can use and have it there by Thurs/Fri of release week or use the $10 credit from Amazon and have release day delivery. Both of those via not getting a Dark Souls CE / on-time delivery of that. Decisions, decisions.

Was trying to resist getting this... I told myself they suck for not making a new engine.. blah blah blah. Man, the game looks fun. The changes all sound like great changes (MP wise, not payed any attention to SP).

Looks like I am in. :lol:

The only reason why last years retailers gave anything was because of Kmart, he's holding the deal much closer. So very doubtful. Kmart looks to be the best non-preorder place to get it.

kmart will undoubtedly have a $20-30 value when you buy it. Maybe even combined with a 50% off another game, kinda like BLOPS deal last year. Fingers crossed!

Ugh....just got my order in. Guess the hardened edition this time is actually going to be limited since it has some value. Talking with the guy at BB, he seemed doubtful that they would have any for the floor. This should be unlike past editions which only shipped with BS fluff items for Mad to use as chew toys for his horse. ;)

I like that anybody playing the Support Class has a shot at doing something for their team unless they're purposely just trying to suck. There are so many people out there who wish they could just throw up a UAV or counter UAV but can't because they either go negative or break even.

Steamrolling however will hurt significantly more because killstreaks go ALL the way up and whomever is getting their asses kicked will rage quit.

The potential for a heavy hitter or two is still pretty high but for people that play in the top 500, it's going to be something to watch.

I don't suppose theres been any word on the game needing an installation on PS3? MW2 and Black Ops made the Bluray laser work like crazy, and I'm pretty sure alot of people would be happy if MW3 had a hefty installation so their Bluray lasers would be able to live a bit longer.

The unbox vid says up to two Gb's. Not to excited for this game but i plan on doing some major ass kicking once i get my bearings.

So you get 1 free Prestige Token per COD you've prestiged in from COD4 and up. So COD4, W@W, MW2, BLOPS all prestiged at least once = 4 free prestige tokens to spend in the Prestige store. I had prestiged in mw2 many times, and i stopped without prestiging in BLOPS @ 55, so i prestiged that. I gave away my W@W so i cant finish the prestige on that, but i do have COD4 and i was at level 33, and right now its Double XP in COD too, so i decided to prestige it.

As i am playing it, man, it is a fun ass game. The major issues it has is grenade spam (grenade 3x/martyrdom), quickscoping being so overpowered, and of course the stupid hacked lobbies. I got to level 47 by myself, doing well, i join a lobby and rainbow lettering all over the screen welcoming to a hacked lobby =( By the time i noticed what was going on, i had already gone to level 55 in a blink of an eye. Oh well, i guess those guys saved me some time, but i had no issues doing it legit. I prestiged there and done deal with that. So i should have 3 free tokens for MW3 as soon as i prestige it for the first time. Likely going to unlock claymores immediately and then just get a bunch of slots unless there is a very late level gun i really like.

Anyway, SUPER hyped for mw3!

I'm Prestiged in Black Ops and fully in MW2, I'm happy either way, to get me to do COD4 and W@W with all the hackers is not tempting unless I get hacked to prestige, they're essentially rentals at that point though.

i will be playing support its good to see that the game will reward me for playing objective games for the objective . and with the right perk you will get credit for assists that will count towards your pointstreak .

I wonder if the UK PSN store is going to get this, just like they did with BF3. BF3 is gameshareable, so it was like ~17 per person. Or even the US PSN store could one day get either game, that would definitely be a CAG worthy deal.

As of now I think I am going the route of Kmart with the $15 coupon for +$40 purchase (maybe throw in another game to get the $15 & $35 coupons for +$110 purchase). Been holding off buying BF3 because I doubt I would have any time for it since MW3 drops next week. As long as it is better than CODBO then I will be a happy buyer.

Just watched the prestige token video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfXTehxRTi8
I guess if you have that much time when you 10th prestige and want to use your last token to reset back to 0 then so be it (call me crazy but why would you want to do that?). I was hoping it was 1 token per prestige on older COD games, but it appears that it is just 1 token per game that you prestige in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still on the fence about the Elite/Hardened edition.

I am leaning toward just picking up the normal version, and gamesharing all of the DLC.

If i still even have the game when all the DLC is out, i'd rather just share. 12$ compared to 50$ is an easy choice to me. (Couldnt care less about all the other useless crud they give)

[quote name='nakanenui']anyone lucky enough to get theirs today from Kmart?[/QUOTE]It releases next week dude. 11-8-11, not 11-3-11.

[quote name='Mad39er']It releases next week dude. 11-8-11, not 11-3-11.[/QUOTE]

KMart broke street at several locations.

Yeah... I am not big on elite. I can't really justify the purchase and I never really buy map packs anyways (against splitting the community with paid DLC). Still... pretty pumped and it looks like this is going to be a good one. :lol:

John's back. Interesting. Wonder about Boris.

Anyone else getting a little excited thinking about the "Kill Confirmed" team DM mode?

[quote name='Saint Noir']KMart broke street at several locations.

Yeah... I am not big on elite. I can't really justify the purchase and I never really buy map packs anyways (against splitting the community with paid DLC). Still... pretty pumped and it looks like this is going to be a good one. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I would take a deal, like a true CAG, over getting the game a few days early. Can't get in on any deals if you managed to get it today :)

[quote name='jmbreci']John's back. Interesting. Wonder about Boris.

Anyone else getting a little excited thinking about the "Kill Confirmed" team DM mode?[/QUOTE]

Sold his PS3 about a month ago. I might actually start playing with you guys every now and then, since my other real life friends seem to be getting bored of PS3 too so I don't have as many people to play with anymore.

Gamestop called about my MW3 pre-order, it's in for Monday, they're recommending getting there between 6 and 10pm Monday to get the receipt and pick up the game at 11pm. Will be my first midnight release evar. I only regret not playing through the Black Ops campaign, though I may just try and gameshare it.

bread's done
Back