Modern Warfare 3 Discussion Thread - Out 11/8/11. New Multiplayer Trailer!

[quote name='viksmart']I saw you on last night .... I might join you tonight if I have some time.[/QUOTE]

we kicked ass last night.. but what's funny, after we all played as a group, Mad was like "I'm going to call it a night..." My friend called me about 2 hours later (while I was trying to get some sleep) asking me to join him in a game... so I get back online, and there's Mad back online, still kicking ass.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i posted this over in the 360 forums, figured id post it here as well.

i was having a major problem with spotty hit detection and 'lag" (where the killcam doesnt show me fire when i fired half a clip, or when i make it around a corner, and the kill cam shows me die before i get to cover) just like i do in black ops. my brother told me i should disable theater recording in the options because he read it made it better (i dont know if he read that on here or somewhere else) but i tried it, and it made it a lot better. so for people having that problem, id recommend turning off the theater recording, if you dont care about saving clips[/QUOTE]Surprised you have a PS3 now.

Anyway, I just beat SP over the weekend. A really awesome experience. Working on MP now and Special Ops.

[quote name='viksmart']I saw you on last night .... I might join you tonight if I have some time.[/QUOTE]If I see you on I'll send an invite, I'm level grinding again right now since I think at best I'm L29-ish. I tend to lone wolf it unless Hito is around, then I grab more people.

[quote name='Thomas96']we kicked ass last night.. but what's funny, after we all played as a group, Mad was like "I'm going to call it a night..." My friend called me about 2 hours later (while I was trying to get some sleep) asking me to join him in a game... so I get back online, and there's Mad back online, still kicking ass.[/QUOTE]LOL, yeah I took an hour to decompress with my dog as I thought about what to do with my Prestige tokens. She was tits up the whole time, unusually snuggly so we didn't get into our nightly brawl. To top it off my insomnia struck me and I came back to play a few matches after Prestiging around 12, looked at the clock when I thought it was only like 8 matches later and it was 2:45, said fuck it and played one more before I forced myself down.

Could not get up this morning. Meh, it was worth it.

Level 80, about to prestige once my friends come on. Only took about 22 hours. Considering how much less time that seems to take than MW2, I'm probably gonna go all the way to 10th.

Also, just noticed I didn't have you as a friend anymore Mad. Just added you again.

If anyone wants to play tonight after 9pm Central Time just send me an invite. I have a mic but I don't really use it until after the kids go to bed. Hence the reason I didn't use a mic last night and had to suddenly quit around 8.

[quote name='Mad39er']Collectively the MW2 CAG clan loosely ran on it's own through internal competition, ie; Nubbles vs Snake, the four way competition between Hito, Fred, Seuss and myself, Monkey vs everybody else, etc... To put it plainly, we don't know how to function without that internal competition. If you can organize new people then I'd say we'd be more able to make appearances but it's not like we're ready to be reliable people just yet.

I could also be putting my foot in my mouth by speaking for other people but it's the general feeling I've gotten, with Hito being the person I most game with currently. I know Cyrus is doing his leaderboard grinding, Nokill flirts in and out of WoW, Fred and Seuss are nowhere to be found, Kaiser has yet to pick this up and evilwon is doing life related things. If you're going to organize, do it without us as a goal... we're the icing now, not the whole cake any more.[/QUOTE]

hey hey hey now I'm still around!

Work has been a complete :censored: though so I haven't really had time to do anything. Basically I work 8-5
sit in traffic for 45 mins
get home 545-6ish
go out and run or play sports for an hour and a half or so
go home shower
eat
email/misc stuff/browse CAG

then rinse and repeat.

I never got GT3 so that's why I haven't been able to see your driving skills. I heard Black Ops wasn't really worth it and eventually sold my MW2. Eventually it got to a point where I went so long without PS3 that I just didn't play it anymore.

I'm semi-back now though. I'm currently playing the campaign with Uncharted and picked up Batman and Battlefield via Target B2G1 sale a few weeks back. Sold Batman on ebay for $43 and am stuck with a sealed battlefield. Question now is do I switch camps to battlefield or is MW3 worth it?

I'm up for joining up with someone anytime - WatchdogXC. My friend (Hoss311) and I are usually on around 10:00PM eastern most nights and would love to have some competent teammates rather than the randoms we normally get. The game is a lot of fun when your team is good. We went on a nice winning streak the other night just dominating the other team just getting paired up with a good 2 person split screen.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']hey hey hey now I'm still around!

Work has been a complete :censored: though so I haven't really had time to do anything. Basically I work 8-5
sit in traffic for 45 mins
get home 545-6ish
go out and run or play sports for an hour and a half or so
go home shower
eat
email/misc stuff/browse CAG

then rinse and repeat.

I never got GT3 so that's why I haven't been able to see your driving skills. I heard Black Ops wasn't really worth it and eventually sold my MW2. Eventually it got to a point where I went so long without PS3 that I just didn't play it anymore.

I'm semi-back now though. I'm currently playing the campaign with Uncharted and picked up Batman and Battlefield via Target B2G1 sale a few weeks back. Sold Batman on ebay for $43 and am stuck with a sealed battlefield. Question now is do I switch camps to battlefield or is MW3 worth it?[/QUOTE]Nice to know you're still around my friend, I figured life got in the way, in addition you doing your sports and chest beating with Seuss. I hope you never got GT3 because we race GT5! Black Ops was a definite skip.

Battlefield 3 and MW3 are both great games. The only difference between the controls are the melee and crouch buttons, so it's less harsh on the brain. I think Battlefield is way prettier with more lighting, MW3 does provide the fast paced action due to the square map design. I think BF3 is fairer than MW3 in terms of host advantage and poor hosts but they cut it close in terms of actual performance when you don't have somebody acting like an idiot with the connection.

End result is BF3 lets you earn points in different ways than straight killing, lots of different ways. MW3 you have to be able to kill quickly in addition to doing the objective, though objectives are now tracked.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']I'm up for joining up with someone anytime - WatchdogXC. My friend (Hoss311) and I are usually on around 10:00PM eastern most nights and would love to have some competent teammates rather than the randoms we normally get. The game is a lot of fun when your team is good. We went on a nice winning streak the other night just dominating the other team just getting paired up with a good 2 person split screen.[/QUOTE]
Fairly sure I've played against both of you guys, it's kinda funny considering how huge the player base is to play against somebody on here without them joining the match.

In my testing, I turned off the wifi to my phone. It may just be my router but I got better overall response with not as much lag. It looks like I'll be putting the phone in Airplane Mode when I'm gaming. Random lag sources suck.

I'm about to get golden camo on my Scar, but saw on a MB somewhere that once you prestige you lose your golden camo.. that's weak

Figured it might be overdue but I do want to apologize to peeps who partied with me for my frustrations yesterday.

Toxic, you just happened to catch me at a time where I'm being fed up with people I send invites to, wait for them to party up and they never do, they then join the match on the opposing team and then I'm supposed to pick them up afterwards when I didn't even want to play against them to begin with. I'm pretty patient but it's been happening regularly and it's tiring. I don't want people to drop things for me but I don't want to taint a match experience by them changing the dynamic of it either.

Dude Classic Call of Duty 8 Mordern Turdfare or whatever they call it has not one good thing about it. Played it the other day and i thought it was a carbon copy of the worst game i ever played, MW2. Kinda glad i never played Cod 4 because now I know what Cod really is, a good looking game for the PC at the turn of the century and nothing more.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Dude Classic Call of Duty 8 Mordern Turdfare or whatever they call it has not one good thing about it. Played it the other day and i thought it was a carbon copy of the worst game i ever played, MW2. Kinda glad i never played Cod 4 because now I know what Cod really is, a good looking game for the PC at the turn of the century and nothing more.[/QUOTE]

So the worst game you've ever played is MW2, yet you decided you wanted to play the sequel? Anywho, you're only about a week behind the rest of the other people bitching about the game.

On another note, I'm curious if anyone has run into a problem I had last night. I started a match with a friend, and about 2 minutes in, everyone from our team (except us) drops. We waited for random people to get tossed into the match, but it never happened so we wound up playing the entire match just us 2 vs a full team. It was Domination, so we naturally got demolished.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm about to get golden camo on my Scar, but saw on a MB somewhere that once you prestige you lose your golden camo.. that's weak[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sucks. I went through the annoying last level to get my gold PP90, and it definitely wasn't worth it. All you get for that extra 80k+ xp of work is the camo, no challenges complete or anything. That's why now I only go up to mastering guns, then use a different one.

Its amazing that EVERYONE i know in real life absolutely loves MW3, and everyone on internet forums absolutely despises it. Funny how that is. Game is effing awesome, having a serious blast playing it.

I dislike the multiplayer aspect of MW3 but the survival and spec ops modes are really fun. Multiplayer is too much of a joke with the horrible maps and awful spawning system.

Elite access is fully up for Founders and Premium Elites, anybody going to create the clan?

Started up the group #CAG_East for the East Coast CAGs.

[quote name='teknobeavr']what do you want it to be called[/QUOTE]
That was my question too, I wasn't sure if it should be called CheapAssGamer, CAG or what not and since I'm not intending to lead it, I didn't want to start something I know I'm not going to finish.

[quote name='Kaelestis']I dislike the multiplayer aspect of MW3 but the survival and spec ops modes are really fun. Multiplayer is too much of a joke with the horrible maps and awful spawning system.[/QUOTE]

You have to understand that's the MP is not real and that it's Arcadey. The vet and the noob commercial is the best guide on how MW3's MP works. Shoot, get some kills, use your kill streak, then get the last kill or two with your sidearm. Rinse and repeat. I don't like the spawning system either; when you kill someoene you might as well turn around and get ready to kill them again.

Only thing negative about the mp is the re-spawning and seems like it has some weird lag every now and then. I didn't have the weird lag when playing MW2.

It really should have had a install since it reads from the disc so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thomas96']You have to understand that's the MP is not real and that it's Arcadey. The vet and the noob commercial is the best guide on how MW3's MP works. Shoot, get some kills, use your kill streak, then get the last kill or two with your sidearm. Rinse and repeat. I don't like the spawning system either; when you kill someoene you might as well turn around and get ready to kill them again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand how it's supposed to be but I still dislike it. CoD was never my type of game so I won't complain too much. I just got it to play with friends and survival with a buddy is the most fun I've had with a FPS in awhile. Recently tried the Barebones list though and that is actually enjoyable.

I guess i was wrong, that new scope thing they added in where you can change scopes on your guns in game is cool but thats the only good thing about the game. They seriously have things called premium elites and founders in this game? lol

Let's get something planned for Wednesday evening. Nokill, Mad, Toxic, Hito, who else? Going to fire mine up Tuesday to get everything and be ready to get play on Wed after I finish up some personal business that day.

[quote name='jmbreci']Let's get something planned for Wednesday evening. Nokill, Mad, Toxic, Hito, who else? Going to fire mine up Tuesday to get everything and be ready to get play on Wed after I finish up some personal business that day.[/QUOTE]
I'm fine with that.

I'm just more stuck on the Clan issue and it seems like Toxic, Hito and myself are the only ones interested. Is anybody interested at all? I have my usual crew on the friends list so it doesn't matter to me but anybody interested, please chime in.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its amazing that EVERYONE i know in real life absolutely loves MW3, and everyone on internet forums absolutely despises it. Funny how that is. Game is effing awesome, having a serious blast playing it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, classic internet trolling. The game is good. It's more of the same but not in a bad way. The launch has actually been much better than MW2 in terms of fewer exploits and game breaking hackers. I'm hopeful than in a few more weeks they'll have everything smoothed out. A few balance things would be nice though.

Did they tone down the quickscoping snipers? I've been seeing much less of them lately.

[quote name='jmbreci']Let's get something planned for Wednesday evening. Nokill, Mad, Toxic, Hito, who else? Going to fire mine up Tuesday to get everything and be ready to get play on Wed after I finish up some personal business that day.[/QUOTE]I was just about to mention that, to see if we can pick up some more regulars from the new people.

For any one that is not, feel free to add Nokill4you, on the PSN.

Sorry to blow you off earlier....I was just loading up the game, getting the patch and running through the first Spec Ops level to wet my appetite. I may get on for a bit tonight, but I'm definitely in on Wednesday.

Is there a night that you guys play? I'm looking for some decent players to play with, my W/L ratio is killinggg me and it's because I just jump into games...

I'd be up for tomorrow, but I'm more than likely prestiging early on in the evening so I won't be as good as usual. Oh well, haven't played with anyone on here in ages, so it would be fun.

[quote name='iHack']Is there a night that you guys play? I'm looking for some decent players to play with, my W/L ratio is killinggg me and it's because I just jump into games...[/QUOTE]
The old guard used to get together Wednesdays and Saturdays with the occasional Sunday thrown into the mix but Sundays were always pick up games, whomever you got was it. Any suggestions are welcome.

I may be on every night starting from Wednesday on this week. Mind you, I have only loaded the game and ran thought the Spec Ops training level to get myself acclimated a bit.

[quote name='LordKefka06']
-----

As for today, I will be spending most of my time trying to learn all of the new maps, in private matches.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that; I tend to try and just join people's games. Saw that you were in a private and figured you were running map strategies.

Anyway, if we're possying up, give me a holler, I almost have my LMG maxed out.

Anyone activate their Elite premium and NOT get the 2x exp? I don't even have the emblems and tittles....but when I go to the Elite app, it says I'm a founder and Elite premium. -_-

[quote name='Mad39er']You guys aught to post that it's only Tuesday, I'm so sick I thought we were gaming tonight. Going to bed.[/QUOTE]

I think you are too far away for me to help you help yourself, however I will try for an all self team kill this go around. Just stick close to me in CTF when I have the flag.

I should be on after 8pm CST tonight for everyone's laughter & finger pointing.

[quote name='jmbreci']I think you are too far away for me to help you help yourself, however I will try for an all self team kill this go around. Just stick close to me in CTF when I have the flag.

I should be on after 8pm CST tonight for everyone's laughter & finger pointing.[/QUOTE]
I can't laugh, last time I did that(two days ago) I almost passed out. Got into a 6 way riot shield fight with the opposing team in a Headquarters match. Killed one of them and heard him start screaming over the mic about it, heard our guys laughing and by the time I died, I was so dizzy you could knock me over with a feather, got really close to blacking out as everything got really "dim".

Right now with Type-95 and Rapid Fire, its the most beast weapon in the game. Combined with Akimbo FMG9s, ive got things covered up close and afar. The only thing i wish was if i could also carry a stinger around at the same time, but thats just me being greedy.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Right now with Type-95 and Rapid Fire, its the most beast weapon in the game. Combined with Akimbo FMG9s, ive got things covered up close and afar. The only thing i wish was if i could also carry a stinger around at the same time, but thats just me being greedy.[/QUOTE]
As far as I'm concerned the 95 is the M16 from MW2 in that it makes players without skill feel better and those that are skilled feel cheap. It's a good griefing gun but that's about it for me.

I like the FMG9s Akimbo but they jump way too much for anything beyond up close and personal, I prefer the MP9s for less jump and a quicker deploy but you can't beat the huge magazine on the FMG. I actually run a handgun for my secondary, the Five-Seven is awesome, the right amount of bullets and it's fast with a silencer. I literally just unload whatever I have and swap for a handgun, if I'm using the M14 I'll swap to the Five-Seven for close quarters.

Quick note for those using Blind Eye Pro, you can shoot down most air support with around 40 bullets from anything automatic. More incentive to get Blind Eye to Pro because it's fairly beastly against any killstreaks. I've taken down Ospreys with a little more than a full mag with an MP7, mag and a half with the AK. Don't even need to switch classes for a launcher of any kind and it's often faster than trying to get a missile lock because no flares to stop your bullets.

Is it me or is it stupid that I cannot activate my founder status on the website until AFTER 11/30 if I purchased the hardened edition? Activision = @holes. If you are going to hype something, then do it right and don't handicap the people who spent the extra money at the onset.

[quote name='jmbreci']Is it me or is it stupid that I cannot activate my founder status on the website until AFTER 11/30 if I purchased the hardened edition? Activision = @holes. If you are going to hype something, then do it right and don't handicap the people who spent the extra money at the onset.[/QUOTE]
http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=75615

I am too sick to read all that entails, tell me if it works for you. They say it can take 2 days to appear, it certainly did for me.

bread's done
Back