Modern Warfare 3 Discussion Thread - Out 11/8/11. New Multiplayer Trailer!

? for those who've already prestiged, Does the 'Unlock Gear' option become available after the first time you hit 80 and prestige?

if so do you use your token/token's after you click prestige ?

[quote name='Romis']? for those who've already prestiged, Does the 'Unlock Gear' option become available after the first time you hit 80 and prestige?

if so do you use your token/token's after you click prestige ?[/QUOTE]
Unlock gear opens up after 1st Prestige. I strongly recommend saving any Prestige tokens you may have for the Unlock Gear option. It allows you to unlock ANYTHING that you take with you through all the Prestiges. My 4 spent Prestige tokens were spent on Blind Eye, Assassin, Dead Silence and C4. I'm not sure what I'll do with my next tokens.

[quote name='Mad39er']Unlock gear opens up after 1st Prestige. I strongly recommend saving any Prestige tokens you may have for the Unlock Gear option. It allows you to unlock ANYTHING that you take with you through all the Prestiges. My 4 spent Prestige tokens were spent on Blind Eye, Assassin, Dead Silence and C4. I'm not sure what I'll do with my next tokens.[/QUOTE]

when you unlock the Perks, are they reset back to 'level 1' or to the level you had them upgraded to?

[quote name='langdon_alger']when you unlock the Perks, are they reset back to 'level 1' or to the level you had them upgraded to?[/QUOTE]
They reset back to normal. Everything resets, it's just an early unlock. In my case, I only really run Blind Eye, Assassin and Dead Silence, Stalker is fine but I like being able to jump without getting hurt or making noise, Stalker is great for dodging BBs, Claymores and even IMFs. I ran Scavenger, Cold Blooded and Ninja in MW2 all the time, so I'm very comfortable with that loadout and I'm never on radar unless it's because I fired an unsilenced gun.

I'd Like an Invite to the Clan..

and another ?

if you use one of your tokens on prestige 1, do they reset when you get to prestige 2 so you can decide to change what you pick?

example: Prestige 1 you only have 1 token so you pick 2x weapon
but at Prestige 2 you have 2, so if they reset you you can decide whether to keep 2x weapon or pick 2 totally new items.

[quote name='Romis']and another ?

if you use one of your tokens on prestige 1, do they reset when you get to prestige 2 so you can decide to change what you pick?

example: Prestige 1 you only have 1 token so you pick 2x weapon
but at Prestige 2 you have 2, so if they reset you you can decide whether to keep 2x weapon or pick 2 totally new items.[/QUOTE]
Tokens do not reset, once used they're gone as far as I know. You'll have to get to 10th Prestige to redo your Prestige tokens with your last Prestige token.

Got my invite through the Web site and accepted. Seems everything works fine from the site but I was not able to do it through the app.

Its hillarious that 90% of the kills in each match are from Type-95, PP90, FMG9 Akimbo or the rare MP7. I am rocking a stealth class with type-95 and doing pretty well, here is the full class:

Type-95 with Silencer + Rapid Fire
FMG9 Akimbo (until they nerf it, then going to use the RPG)
Semtex/Flash
Slight Of Hand Pro
Assassin Pro
Marksman Pro (markman is insanely awesome with the type-95)

If i get into a good lobby, man the game is just so damn enjoyable. Its the lobbies with the trash people hiding in the corners or insanely laggy that hurt the game. Otherwise, just loving the game so much. I absolutely LOVE how there arent any major spots a camper can hide and protect himself in all directions in anymore, it really helps to root out the bitches easier.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its hillarious that 90% of the kills in each match are from Type-95, PP90, FMG9 Akimbo or the rare MP7. I am rocking a stealth class with type-95 and doing pretty well, here is the full class:

Type-95 with Silencer + Rapid Fire
FMG9 Akimbo (until they nerf it, then going to use the RPG)
Semtex/Flash
Slight Of Hand Pro
Assassin Pro
Marksman Pro (markman is insanely awesome with the type-95)

If i get into a good lobby, man the game is just so damn enjoyable. Its the lobbies with the trash people hiding in the corners or insanely laggy that hurt the game. Otherwise, just loving the game so much. I absolutely LOVE how there arent any major spots a camper can hide and protect himself in all directions in anymore, it really helps to root out the bitches easier.[/QUOTE]
I like the MP7, it lays down the law pretty much but a silencer does tend to kill the damage output enough that it's not a good panic gun. The PP90 and the FMGs Akimbo are easy enough to counter, they're both relatively close range guns, the PP90 loses less damage to a silencer than the MP7 which is nice but the FMGs make nubs feel big as they run around.

I'll reserve my thoughts on the T-95 but I will say countering a T95 is very straight forward, SMAW, C4, cooked frags, Semtex, you name it. The T95 requires a good field of view and hoping you don't get engaged at multiple angles because like sniping, users tend to develop tunnel vision.

someone made a video how to join a clan once an invite is sent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qocFxeibc_o

Once you log in, under career, there is an elite feed, that if you see the tabs, the third tab is clan invites. A thing to note is when you join there is a one time 500xp bonus for the first clan you join (for founders), but we are all CAGs and should be proud to rep our group, right.

There you go, you get to have the cool clan, Langdon :)

Seriously, anybody who wants to Clan up should join that. I'm in no rush until people get more regular.

ok, WTF is going on with predator missles in this game sometimes. I will try to aim them and on rare occasions, they swerve somewhere complete opposite of where i am pointing. I cant even count the # of multi-kills ive missed by this shit bug happening to me. Has it happened to anyone else? Literally pissed off so much i just turn off the ps3 right after it happened.

If the opponent has the 'trophy system' set up kiss your predator goodbye, and grenade, ac130 120mm round, etc. Each trophy system that is out in that area will each take out 2 ordnance that are inbound.

Anyone rocking golden guns yet? I am working the SCAR-L right now, but getting to weapon level 31 before prestige might be problematic.

Need to game tonight. Hmmm....I've got a ways to go but I believe I have the SCAR-L at 19 now and the UMP around 18. I should play more (shoot more as Mad says) and get the ACR & G36R unlocked.

Mad - is there any reason to use the P90 over the UMP?

[quote name='nakanenui']If the opponent has the 'trophy system' set up kiss your predator goodbye, and grenade, ac130 120mm round, etc. Each trophy system that is out in that area will each take out 2 ordnance that are inbound.

Anyone rocking golden guns yet? I am working the SCAR-L right now, but getting to weapon level 31 before prestige might be problematic.[/QUOTE]

Its not the trophy system, i use that myself, and it just stops it from killing right on the target ontop of it, this glitch makes the aim of the rocket go all over the map, its insanely shitty.

I have gold type-95 and acr, i am going to gold every gun in the game (i prestiged 1 time, stopping there), working on the M4A1 gold now.

I cannot decide which prestige emblem is the best looking. I doubt I will prestige to max, but damn there are already people there. I guess if you do not have a job/life and can still make enough money to pay for food, electricity, etc and forgo sleep, then yeah. I am going to put down SKYRIM until they fix most of the game breaking bugs so I should be on MW3 alot more often (after 8pm PST though).

I am going to sacrifice my K/D ratio for unlocking more shit. My W/L ratio is already .5 because of all those Kill Confirmed games with randoms. These stats should not really mean anything to me, but for some reason I take it personally? I NEED to get over this stupid epen15 bullshit.

Guess I've been lucky in kill confirmed then, as I think I've won a majority of those. Then again I usually don't roll a high death count in those.

We need to get Mad on tonight...sort of sick of his trolling the boards. :)

[quote name='nakanenui']Anyone rocking golden guns yet? I am working the SCAR-L right now, but getting to weapon level 31 before prestige might be problematic.[/QUOTE]

I have the golden UMP... now using the ACR though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got my MG36 up to level 29. I stopped once I got the emblem/tag thing for it...Now working on P90. It's like a whole different game going from a lmg to a smg.

[quote name='jmbreci']Need to game tonight. Hmmm....I've got a ways to go but I believe I have the SCAR-L at 19 now and the UMP around 18. I should play more (shoot more as Mad says) and get the ACR & G36R unlocked.

Mad - is there any reason to use the P90 over the UMP?[/QUOTE]P90 is a bullet hose, very accurate with a larger magazine. It puts bullets down faster overall. I'd go P90 w/Silencer and RDS or Rapid Fire Silencer. In short, it's awesome provided you're not engaging past medium range. UMP is fine but it peppers out at similar range, fires considerably slower. UMP Rapid Fire + Silencer is agreeable for me.

[quote name='nakanenui']If the opponent has the 'trophy system' set up kiss your predator goodbye, and grenade, ac130 120mm round, etc. Each trophy system that is out in that area will each take out 2 ordnance that are inbound.[/QUOTE]Never had a problem with the trophy system, usually people don't use it or if you kill them, it's no longer an issue.

[quote name='blitz6speed']ok, WTF is going on with predator missles in this game sometimes. I will try to aim them and on rare occasions, they swerve somewhere complete opposite of where i am pointing. I cant even count the # of multi-kills ive missed by this shit bug happening to me. Has it happened to anyone else? Literally pissed off so much i just turn off the ps3 right after it happened.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='blitz6speed']Its not the trophy system, i use that myself, and it just stops it from killing right on the target ontop of it, this glitch makes the aim of the rocket go all over the map, its insanely shitty.[/QUOTE]
I was dicking around with moving my Predator very fast and lost control of it, I believe inertia was to blame overall. Rapidly changing vectors on a missile firing straight down has it's own consequences. I'm glad they made it realistic rather than something you can move on a dime.

[quote name='nakanenui']I am going to sacrifice my K/D ratio for unlocking more shit. My W/L ratio is already .5 because of all those Kill Confirmed games with randoms. These stats should not really mean anything to me, but for some reason I take it personally? I NEED to get over this stupid epen15 bullshit.[/QUOTE]Best way to level up is to kill everybody, upgrade the skill without downgrading the stats. Play some Hardcore, it always made me much sharper and better at killing people in this and in MW2.

[quote name='jmbreci']We need to get Mad on tonight...sort of sick of his trolling the boards. :)[/QUOTE] ... I troll? I'm going to have to put some thought into that.

Yesterday was very stressful for me, had to quit early because I literally didn't feel good. The end of the night was just the finishing touch rather than the whole cause.

My first and only customer of the day I had to walk out on. I yelled at somebody close for being dumb in public(completely ruined my mood), very annoying NYC people and ate a gyro too early in the day, ended up with indigestion up until just before game time. The fog we had was horrendous and people were stupid driving because of it. My dog got a tick on her face, so I had to run and buy special tweezers for that, remove it and trim the fur back by the considerable hole the fucker left.

After all that, I just couldn't play any more than I had. Nothing left to give, laid down with my dog and finally went to bed by 11:30.

No apologies necessary. Life happens...the tick thing really sucks. And the last match we played together really sucked. Guess I'm sticking with KC instead of Team Defender.

I played two more KC matches afterward just to level up - and I say playing with Mad & the bunch is making me better - or at least closer to where I was when we stopped playing MW2. Played a KC where the team I was on raped the other team - literally something like 65-31. Heck, after starting 0-3, I finished either 9-2-4 or 10-2-4. Next game I get on the "bad" team. I'm talking guys who have prestiged and are in their 60s & 70s. I think I went 8-8-8 - and I was at the top of my teams leaderboard. Sad to say, but true. Everyone else had at least 16 deaths. Mad you are right, going slower is better. I have to get to where I have Dead Silence opened up. Getting better hearing those footsteps, but still getting people sneaking up on me with DS.

I was able to get on but by that time you all had signed off. Ended up playing GW with an MG36 and destroying my own trophy systems for sitrep. With the MG36 I had to take things really slow and basically lay fire down continuously hoping for stupid people to run into the line of fire (which once 1 guy does the 3 guys following him did too). My SCAR-L is level 30 1/3 with another 40k xp to go, and only a few challenges left for the attachments. I believe I can get the gold skin before I am able to prestige.

OMFG how many times do I have to paint targets with explosives for Recon pro? Do you have to get the perk challenges to level 5 before you unlock pro (I never paid much attention to this before)? And do flash/concussion grenades work for painting a target or only noob tubes and explosive grenades?

The recon drone is utterly useless when the whole enemy team is running assassin pro. I was wondering why I couldnt tag them but yet they still show up as red triangles above their heads...

Gaming tonight.....feel free to send me a friend invite if you want in. I will probably be on from 8ish to 10ish Central tonight.

Kaiser - yep, the 2 or 3 others follow right afterward. With my crappy shooting I am usually out of bullets by the time the 4th person comes through & Mad comes and cleans up the mess.

[quote name='jmbreci']Gaming tonight.....feel free to send me a friend invite if you want in. I will probably be on from 8ish to 10ish Central tonight.

Kaiser - yep, the 2 or 3 others follow right afterward. With my crappy shooting I am usually out of bullets by the time the 4th person comes through & Mad comes and cleans up the mess.[/QUOTE]

Gotta feed the PIG, I need to learn to burst fire with a LMG (is that even possible since it take a little while for the lead to start flying)? And Mad39er does come in to clean up, but usually AFTER I'm dead, lol.

[quote name='jmbreci']No apologies necessary. Life happens...the tick thing really sucks. And the last match we played together really sucked. Guess I'm sticking with KC instead of Team Defender.

I played two more KC matches afterward just to level up - and I say playing with Mad & the bunch is making me better - or at least closer to where I was when we stopped playing MW2. Played a KC where the team I was on raped the other team - literally something like 65-31. Heck, after starting 0-3, I finished either 9-2-4 or 10-2-4. Next game I get on the "bad" team. I'm talking guys who have prestiged and are in their 60s & 70s. I think I went 8-8-8 - and I was at the top of my teams leaderboard. Sad to say, but true. Everyone else had at least 16 deaths. Mad you are right, going slower is better. I have to get to where I have Dead Silence opened up. Getting better hearing those footsteps, but still getting people sneaking up on me with DS.[/QUOTE]I'll upload the video of that TD match to my vault so you can see how I was dealing with the whole team of rushers. I wasn't even using an automatic weapon.

Gone are the guns that will save you when SHTF(Rangers akimbo), gone is Stopping Power, all that's left is laying bullets on target and doing your best not to get killed before your streak is up.

[quote name='nakanenui']I believe I can get the gold skin before I am able to prestige.

OMFG how many times do I have to paint targets with explosives for Recon pro? Do you have to get the perk challenges to level 5 before you unlock pro (I never paid much attention to this before)? And do flash/concussion grenades work for painting a target or only noob tubes and explosive grenades?

The recon drone is utterly useless when the whole enemy team is running assassin pro. I was wondering why I couldnt tag them but yet they still show up as red triangles above their heads...[/QUOTE]Why obsessed with the Gold? I wasn't aware you could keep it with you after you Prestiged. Seemed wasteful to worry about.

I've gotten tagged by Recon Drones with Assassin Pro but since Recon Drones are air support, you need Blind Eye to be completely ignored by the Recon Drone. Even then, I still get tagged but it's got to be on the money. I have little Recon Drone experience first hand except that I've been tagged.

No idea about Recon but it's certainly good if you're noob tubing since they not as likely to kill. Figure noob tube, launcher and your favorite thrown explosive and that should get you a long ways. And yes, Pro perks are at L5.

[quote name='Gannikus']So who is the clan leader? you might wanna invite the people waiting :[[/QUOTE]This is why I didn't want responsibility. Just this moment. Nothing on Gannikus, just I'm glad I'm not the intended remindee.

[quote name='jmbreci']Gaming tonight.....feel free to send me a friend invite if you want in. I will probably be on from 8ish to 10ish Central tonight.

Kaiser - yep, the 2 or 3 others follow right afterward. With my crappy shooting I am usually out of bullets by the time the 4th person comes through & Mad comes and cleans up the mess.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nakanenui']Gotta feed the PIG, I need to learn to burst fire with a LMG (is that even possible since it take a little while for the lead to start flying)? And Mad39er does come in to clean up, but usually AFTER I'm dead, lol.[/QUOTE]

LOL, it's not so much that I clean up but it's I'm predicting where the team is going based on kills, bullets, radar and spawning. It's why I hang back just far enough. Never follow me because I'm progressively pursuing and don't like radar blips where I am. Running ahead of me means you're taking the risk that I have anticipated the enemy coming through ahead of me. Hito knows how it goes, there's only so much area to be occupied on the map, when he runs ahead I tell him where they are and he either runs right into them or they're not far off.

Finally finished the campaign. Toying around with MP, but as a level 9 and admittedly pretty terrible at the game, I doubt I'll stick with it.

[quote name='JJSP']Finally finished the campaign. Toying around with MP, but as a level 9 and admittedly pretty terrible at the game, I doubt I'll stick with it.[/QUOTE]I found the harder I played SP on and the better I did on the initial difficulty setting course(in MW2) the better I got with certain things but there really is no preparing for multiplayer quite like the Black Ops bots. It's hard to start brand new by yourself and I'd definitely have given up had I not joined up with the CAG Clan.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I got the gold camo on the Scar, had it for about 2 weeks then I prestiged and lost it.. such a drag and a waste[/QUOTE]
I may never get a "Gold" gun because of that fact until I'm in my last Prestiges. Thankfully Camos aren't restricted to Headshots like they used to be.

[quote name='Mad39er']I may never get a "Gold" gun because of that fact until I'm in my last Prestiges. Thankfully Camos aren't restricted to Headshots like they used to be.[/QUOTE]

WTF you lose your gold camo upon prestige, that is utter BS. You should keep that fucker forever. Please tell me this is not true, or else I am just wasting my time with shitty attachments.

I hope you guys are able to play tonight, if we can get a small group together (around 5-6 people) it should be fun.

SONOFABITCH you do lose everything when you prestige... screw going out of my way to level a gun. Going to use what I need to get xp bonuses and then take Mad39er's advice on prestige tokens for keeping better guns and perks.

[quote name='Gannikus']So who is the clan leader? you might wanna invite the people waiting :[[/QUOTE]

your invite is waiting on the Elite web app.

[quote name='nakanenui']WTF you lose your gold camo upon prestige, that is utter BS. You should keep that fucker forever. Please tell me this is not true, or else I am just wasting my time with shitty attachments.

I hope you guys are able to play tonight, if we can get a small group together (around 5-6 people) it should be fun.[/QUOTE]
Dude, camos always reset on Prestiging in previous games. I saw that one coming.

I will be around tonight but I've got a really hard to pin down cold which has been skirting around my defenses. Sunday it made an appearance, went away Monday, came back Today almost feverish with cold sweats. Whatever it is, it's kicking my ass. I'm thinking it's the flu though, meh.

Gold camo is easy to get, i get it by mid 40/50's usually. Isn't it just 1000 kills?

also my internet is crazy messed up. Im having guy come out and look at it tomorrow.
it will be 8meg/sec one hour and 0.25m/s the next hour. its totally messing me up cuz i cant even connect to the servers. Charter is pissing me off. oh wellz, i need to clear up my backlog...
and iv just been pissing myself off trying to get 7/9/12 assault killstreaks instead of my usual adv uav/ stealth bomber/ emp(or jugs) support

[quote name='Velo214']and iv just been pissing myself off trying to get 7/9/12 assault killstreaks instead of my usual adv uav/ stealth bomber/ emp(or jugs) support[/QUOTE]
FWIW if you want to hit 12, you can't have 7 and 9 as Helicoptors except if 9 is Strafe Run. The way I hit Pablo(Pavelow) is 5/7/12 and it works relatively well that as long as I hit the Predator, I can usually chain that into the Attack Helicoptor and start camping. I hit 12 on Dome regularly as long as I don't have people getting me killed.

Thanks for the Inv, I can't wait till I Prestiege again (level 60 2nd Prestiege I think) =D

Does anyone know when our Clan name will start being yellow? and for it to be yellow, I won't be able to use my custom clan name right?

[quote name='Velo214']Gold camo is easy to get, i get it by mid 40/50's usually. Isn't it just 1000 kills?
[/QUOTE]

It's for getting a weapon to level 31, which should take roughly 800ish kills.

[quote name='sumoboy21']this may be a stupid question, but do you guys know if the counter for a title resets when you prestige?[/QUOTE]
If it isn't a Prestige challenge(challenge unlocked by Prestiging or Prestige kills for a weapon), it resets. The initial kills and headshots are counted towards your Prestige challenges on the guns even when you aren't Prestiged and carried over when you do and unlock the challenges.

I believe it's strike package Prestige challenges, weapons and a portion of the challenges under the Prestige tab. I haven't paid too much attention to which Prestige challenges reset but I believe it's similar to MW2 in that probably the bottom 5 do.

When do we get to have our clan name yellow? the CoD elite is a PoS -_- only looking forward to the DLC

btw do elite premium members get the DLC the same time as xbox? or do the ELITE members have to wait a month after xbox. that would piss me off -_-

Finally got to play with me good MW2 fellows last night. Man it feels like forever since we all got together (my daughter is 1 1/2 so it has been that long since I played MW2?). Hope to hit prestige by the end of this week.

For prestige: do I get the token after the prestige is used, so I have to pick my carry over item before actually prestige-ing?

After you guys logged off I hit up BF3 for the first time, and that was a cluster-fuck trying to learn the maps and gameplay adjustments.

[quote name='nakanenui']Finally got to play with me good MW2 fellows last night. Man it feels like forever since we all got together (my daughter is 1 1/2 so it has been that long since I played MW2?). Hope to hit prestige by the end of this week.

For prestige: do I get the token after the prestige is used, so I have to pick my carry over item before actually prestige-ing?

After you guys logged off I hit up BF3 for the first time, and that was a cluster-fuck trying to learn the maps and gameplay adjustments.[/QUOTE]
Yes, your punk ass whipped self has been absent for the most part for all of Black Ops(not that we did much there) and the last half of MW2.

No, you don't get a Prestige token before you Prestige. Always after.

Edit: Just redeemed my Mountain Dew and Doritos codes for another 4:45 of double exp, just a reminder to use 'em before you lose 'em.

[quote name='Mad39er']Yes, your punk ass whipped self has been absent for the most part for all of Black Ops(not that we did much there) and the last half of MW2.

No, you don't get a Prestige token before you Prestige. Always after.

Edit: Just redeemed my Mountain Dew and Doritos codes for another 4:45 of double exp, just a reminder to use 'em before you lose 'em.[/QUOTE]

is there a maximum number of hours that you can redeem per account? I am heading to some stores tomorrow to find some codes on the Doritos bags. They expire in Jan so figure it is time to hustle.

[quote name='nakanenui']is there a maximum number of hours that you can redeem per account? I am heading to some stores tomorrow to find some codes on the Doritos bags. They expire in Jan so figure it is time to hustle.[/QUOTE]
You can store a total of 24 hours per account, if you store that much, you have to use it before you can add more. Time can be stored in the web page but make sure you apply the time once because the last redeem is 12/31 and you can redeem it up until 1/9 but they force it on the last login claimed on 1/9. So if you never cashed in your time, it gets forfeit.

Total of 750 codes accepted. I think I entered just under 30 or so.

bread's done
Back