mods please close

cmon guys! need to know if there would be interest in this, if there is not enuf i wont start one. Will be putting all my ps2 and psx rpg's on, some ds rpg's possibly, some 360 games, ps3 games etc

i just want to be sure people would be cool with sending cash or money order or gift cards is all, and well seeing as i don't have like 30 or 40 feedback people may not be fine with sending first to me yet, so i wanted to make sure people would be cool with all this, then i'd be putting up some nice stuff for yaz :)

i have no idea how to put pictures on here really, but i can take pictures upon request and send them to your emails or something?

if i can get enuf feedback of people interested i'll be starting a lowball in the next week or so. people will have to be patient with me updating the posts, as i work long hours and have 3 kids and a wife lol but i will do my best :) i just don't want to start a lowball and have no bidders and things be sold for WAY to cheap lol, i don't mind cheap as i am cheap to, but i don't want a 50 dollar game to be sold for 5 bucks because no one wanted to bid because of cash payments or my low feedback at the moment.

ill take money orders no problem as long as i can cash them at my local bank. They will exchange the us to canadian also, no big deal. amazon.ca gift cards are also perfect, or rightstuf.com gift cards they would be ideal actually :) but paypal i don't use.

gotian - didn't see anything right now sorry

mrwogs - i can't take paypal only money orders, cash, amazon.ca gift cards, or rightstuf.com gift cards.

doing a lowball and not accepting paypal will probably be a little rough as a good portion of the people on here prefer paypal.

[quote name='Gotian']doing a lowball and not accepting paypal will probably be a little rough as a good portion of the people on here prefer paypal.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plus, the thing about lowball sales are sometimes people bid, sometimes people don't. If there's a saturation of sales, it could harm your sale in the long run, but if there's no other sales going on, that could help out. Lately, it seems like they've slowed down just a little bit, but I'd say 99% of CAGs out there are trusting and only start to mistrust users if there's a reason to.

As for games going much cheaper than elsewhere, that's a risk with lowballs.

Without excepting paypal or amazon payments unless you've been a member for some time with a good amount of feedback I don't think most people would be comfortable sending cash, m.o or other forms of payment which amount to no recourse if scammed. With higher dollar amounts this is more so the case and you'd be hurting your own potential earnings throwing a lowball and not accepting some easy widely used form of payment imo.

bingo. example, when I had my lowball I ended up selling FF9 disks only in perfect condition for like 8 bucks. Did it hurt? Maybe a little, but then some other items sold surprisingly well and it balanced out. Everything you do here is some sort of risk, so why not limit your risks by removing some restrictions?

Oh well I xant do paypal that was nothing but teouble. Unless you use a tracking number the person who bought and paid can file a claim and always get their money back. I have ran into that problem before, I had sold a few boxes of hockey cards to a guy toal value was 500 and sent regular post, buyer didn't want to pay extra for tracking. It all went in seperate packages as they were all bought seperate. He filed claim on each box and won due to no tracking. This happened on 2 occasions. I knew I got scammes because both people got banned and all had horrible feedback a few weeks after. Oaypal has screwed me too many times. As for amazon payment i don't know anything about it. I have no creditcard so its probably not possible.

So I guess maybe a lowball from me is no good umless I decided to use my girls paypal. Then fees are expensive to aren't they?

I don't mind some risksas to items selling to cheap.its a chamce with amy lowball. I just wamted to be sure people would buy n ot using paypal. But I guess most people won't.

ok! paypal ready! :) just 2 things, need to know if its a problem:

in my girlfriends name(she opened it and never used it)
has a different address then mine, she has her old address still due to some personal reasons.

if thats a problem, or anything at all please tell me.

that would be a problem if the post office needs to send it back for whatever reason. Also i dont see why trackign would be a problem it's like an extra 50 to 70 cents (well in the states, youre in canada right?)

i would send my address with payment, so that the person i bought from would have my address not the other one. and if i am selling i would use my address not the one on paypal, so there would be no issue there? and if for some reason there was, her address is still find we still have the place and check it daily, so it would be no issue if that address had to be used. I would just rather when i send payment, that i send my address to their pm box and they use that one instead of the paypal one, but if need be then i would use the other address.

as for tracking, its quite expensive to get items tracked to the us sometime, for aparcel containing 3 360 games it cost roughly 16 dollars to send with tracking. 1 game cost about the same, as it has to be sent expediated, it can't just be added. if i send to someone in canada its not bad, but to the us it does get expensive.

I would recommend just having a CA only lowball, I don't know if you would be able to hold it in the regional thread. That might attract more people to it and if people in the US want to participate they need to abide by your rules.

EDIT: Didn't see you could take pp now but I don't know if that would deter people from the US, I know shipping can be expensive.

skiizim - i wouldn't charge high for shipping, 1 game with no tracking would be 4 dollars i think, i will check prices out soon.

gotian - that was for 3 games, not exactly sure on just 1 but i think its roughly 8 for tracking. canada to us is alot more expensive then us to canada.

i would much prefer to have it international. if people want tracking then they will have to pay the extra, but for anything else i will get peoples zips when they win and get the estimate and charge the shipping. If i over charge i will refund the amount, if i under charge i will pay the amount

tracking meaning delivery confirmation? It really costs that much? Using your gf's paypal doesn't seem to be a large problem, but it really isn't difficult to make a paypal account.

Dc is quite expensive within canada to the USA. I have been told by people in the USA its expensive to get it from there to here to. By quite alot of people actually. When i cehck on the price for shipping i will check on DC and tracking, but i am sure no one wil want to pay 7 or 8 dollar sor more for shipping 1 game. thats craze in my opinion, unless the game is worth 50 or 60 bucks then i could see it. I will check on it tho.

As for the girlfriends accou8nt, i had my own. I used it often, but aftr many bad experiences i shut it down. I am only using the girlfriends now for this site to buy some, and sell some. If i start having any trobules again i will be closing it and not using it anymore.

I think i am going to start a small lowball tonight, and see how it goes :) nothing big to start with tho, just a mini one and see what happens :)

bread's done
Back