Mongolian Chop Squad (Beck) Anime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, what? He's been moping, sure, but Ichigo was in rare form in 193. If something as badass as that blocked punch and "you owe him your arm." is emo, then emo me up.

edit: also, the latest omake chapter was gold. Who knew Nemu was into something like that?

I just rewatched Naruto from ep 5 - 21 or so. I had forgotten how truly awful the original opening song was. It's just the worst 80s pop rock fluff shit ever unleashed on Japan. :lol:

[quote name='jmcc']Man, what? He's been moping, sure, but Ichigo was in rare form in 193. If something as badass as that blocked punch and "you owe him your arm." is emo, then emo me up.[/QUOTE]

I think you're a bit confuzzled. She was emo, he was a whiny little bitch (though it didn't last long).

[quote name='jmcc']also, the latest omake chapter was gold. Who knew Nemu was into something like that?[/QUOTE]which omake? the only ones I've seen are 12.5 and 25.2, did a new one come out?

[quote name='LiquidNight']which omake? the only ones I've seen are 12.5 and 25.2, did a new one come out?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It has the ladies of Soul Society getting together to come up with a new cell phone (the Hollow tracking kind) design.

wow, I just saw you in bleachforums.com's very thread about the omake jmcc,
btw, could you make a yousendit link for me, because its expired on bleachforums

Okay, I've got my new DVD burner and I'm trying to get some Beck burnt so I can watch it on my DVD player. The problem is that the subtitles are getting cut out when it put's it in fullscreen or widescreen. Any help here?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's just that the first episode doesn't have subs in the intro. I'm loving this Nero software, easy to create menus, chapters, and such. I'm going to create all sorts of DVD's. :)

EDIT 2: Okay, now it's cut off about 40% off of the words on the bottom and about 50% of the ones at the top. Any way to fix this?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Okay, I've got my new DVD burner and I'm trying to get some Beck burnt so I can watch it on my DVD player. The problem is that the subtitles are getting cut out when it put's it in fullscreen or widescreen. Any help here?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's just that the first episode doesn't have subs in the intro. I'm loving this Nero software, easy to create menus, chapters, and such. I'm going to create all sorts of DVD's. :)

EDIT 2: Okay, now it's cut off about 40% off of the words on the bottom and about 50% of the ones at the top. Any way to fix this?[/QUOTE]

Are you creating your menus for a 4:3 aspect or a 16:9?

I doubt anyone cares, but just now (like 30 seconds ago) I got an email from Rightstuf for a sale on ADV vol 1 + artbox sets. $9.99 each.

Series listed are:
Saiykuki
RaXephon
Najica Blitz Tactics
Chrono Crusade
Kino's Journey
Wedding Peach
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Super Gals
Kaliedo Star
Saint Seiya
Pretear
King of Bandit Jing
Wild Arms
New Fist of the North Star
Zaion

(Everything I want, I have already. Damn.)

(unk[quote name='jaykrue']Are you creating your menus for a 4:3 aspect or a 16:9?[/QUOTE]
4:3 aspect.

[quote name='LiquidNight']what kind of discs are you making?
are they just data discs?[/QUOTE]
DVD discs.

This isn't a problem with the menus, it's the videos themselves. The subtitles are cut off on the big 32" TV and they're at the very bottom of my 25" TV. I think I found a guide to solve this, but I was wondering if there was a simpler solution that I haven't found yet.

I gotta say, the full version of CHANCE! by UVERworld is awesome. It was the opening song for Bleach Heat the Soul 2. But then, I seem to be in the minority cause I really like D-Tecnolife and all the other songs that were on that single. UVERworld is just awesome.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']4:3 aspect.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that your dvd player is reading your menus in 16:9 aspect but I don't know much about dvd authoring... :oops: :whistle2:s

IO[quote name='jaykrue']I'm guessing that your dvd player is reading your menus in 16:9 aspect but I don't know much about dvd authoring... :oops: :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Check the edit, it's not the menus that are the problem, it's the show itself.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']IO
Check the edit, it's not the menus that are the problem, it's the show itself.[/QUOTE]

I burn mine as data, but my player still cuts off a bit on all sides. I just adjusted the image up on my tv, though I don't know if you have that option.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']IO
Check the edit, it's not the menus that are the problem, it's the show itself.[/QUOTE]

Are they embedded subs or come with a separate .srt or .ssa file? If it's not embedded, I think directvobsub allows you to vertically set the subtitle positioning.

[quote name='jaykrue']Are they embedded subs or come with a separate .srt or .ssa file? If it's not embedded, I think directvobsub allows you to vertically set the subtitle positioning.[/QUOTE]It's embedded, since it's fansubbed stuff. I'm wondering if I can get AC up and running with the seperate subtitles, because that would be great to have up on the TV. :D

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I burn mine as data, but my player still cuts off a bit on all sides. I just adjusted the image up on my tv, though I don't know if you have that option.[/QUOTE]But then I'd lose even more of the little info windows that come up at the top of the screen. :sad:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']But then I'd lose even more of the little info windows that come up at the top of the screen. :sad:[/QUOTE]

Those usually aren't very important anyway, especially if you've seen it before. Anyway, you could just pause it, scroll down, and then resume. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Those usually aren't very important anyway, especially if you've seen it before. Anyway, you could just pause it, scroll down, and then resume. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I just want the whole damn screen viewable, none of this scrolling bullshit. I think I'll try this guide and see how it comes out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I just want the whole damn screen viewable, none of this scrolling bullshit. I think I'll try this guide and see how it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Well my dvd player cost me about $60 and I get 25-26 episodes per disc, so I don't mind the little inconveniences. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I just want the whole damn screen viewable, none of this scrolling bullshit. I think I'll try this guide and see how it comes out.[/QUOTE]
Your using nero rite? Is there an option to adjust the screen size to 680x440 instead of the regular 720x480. I use Tmpgenc myself and its a very simple fix

Gah! There's been a raw of bleach 51 out since this early morning and there's STILL no translation! I need my fix!:bomb: The nerve of some people - thinking they can actually have lives before fulfilling my needs. :bomb:;):lol:

Does anyone know off the top of their head which came first between Hunter x Hunter and Naruto? I'm seeing similarities in plotlines and want to figure out which is ripping off which.

[quote name='jmcc']Does anyone know off the top of their head which came first between Hunter x Hunter and Naruto? I'm seeing similarities in plotlines and want to figure out which is ripping off which.[/QUOTE]

Hunter X Hunter no question. I saw a couple of fansubs for it waaay before Naruto came out.

You know it's been 3 years since I was first introduced to Naruto, as my roommate at the time had every manga volume released up to that point. Of course, they weren't in english. :cry:

[quote name='jaykrue']Gah! There's been a raw of bleach 51 out since this early morning and there's STILL no translation! I need my fix!:bomb: The nerve of some people - thinking they can actually have lives before fulfilling my needs. :bomb:;):lol:[/QUOTE]

I haven't bothered to watch 50 yet. :lol:

Right now I'm re-watching some Naruto, prelims are about to start. :cool:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I haven't bothered to watch 50 yet. :lol:

Right now I'm re-watching some Naruto, prelims are about to start. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You know it's been 3 years since I was first introduced to Naruto, as my roommate at the time had every manga volume released up to that point. Of course, they weren't in english. :cry:

[quote name='phatbunbao']Your using nero rite? Is there an option to adjust the screen size to 680x440 instead of the regular 720x480. I use Tmpgenc myself and its a very simple fix[/QUOTE] I don't think so, there's just 4:3, 16:9 and automatic for selecting the screen size. The little guide I found should fix this, so I can't wait to get home to try it out.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You know it's been 3 years since I was first introduced to Naruto, as my roommate at the time had every manga volume released up to that point. Of course, they weren't in english. :cry:

I haven't bothered to watch 50 yet. :lol:

Right now I'm re-watching some Naruto, prelims are about to start. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I started reading the manga, from SJ in English, back in the spring of '03. I've loved it ever since. :cool:

I gotta say...Sometimes it's weird hearing the same voice actors show up in different shows. I just watched the first episode of Full Metal Panic, and I couldn't help but laugh as Riza Hawkeye, Urahara Kisuke and Yuuichi Tate got sent on a mission to protect Shihouin Yoruichi. Just plain weird. Though so far I like the show enough to watch a few more episodes at the least.

[quote name='karsh']I gotta say...Sometimes it's weird hearing the same voice actors show up in different shows. I just watched the first episode of Full Metal Panic, and I couldn't help but laugh as Riza Hawkeye, Urahara Kisuke and Yuuichi Tate got sent on a mission to protect Shihouin Yoruichi. Just plain weird. Though so far I like the show enough to watch a few more episodes at the least.[/QUOTE]

I still laugh everytime Zatch Bell is on because it's fucking Jimmy Neutron that voices Zatch!

[quote name='jaykrue']You're all probably asleep but, um, the Full Metal Alchemist movie is out by Fork. And U R Soooo Sexy PhatBunBao![/QUOTE]

Um Thx? anyways its a cam version so i'm sure the vids crap. Anyone watch [OMDA] Bleach 51 I think they're new?

[quote name='phatbunbao']anyways its a cam version so i'm sure the vids crap. Anyone watch [OMDA] Bleach 51 I think they're new?[/QUOTE]

Ummm...OMDA has been doing Bleach for awhile, but have you ever actually looked at their webpage? THEY TRANSLATE IT INTO A LANGUAGE THAT IS NOT ENGLISH. Don't ask me what it is, but it seems like they're some dialect of Spanish. But yeah, they're definitely not an english translator.

[quote name='karsh']Ummm...OMDA has been doing Bleach for awhile, but have you ever actually looked at their webpage? THEY TRANSLATE IT INTO A LANGUAGE THAT IS NOT ENGLISH. Don't ask me what it is, but it seems like they're some dialect of Spanish. But yeah, they're definitely not an english translator.[/QUOTE]
Portuguese.

[quote name='phatbunbao']Um Thx? anyways its a cam version so i'm sure the vids crap. Anyone watch [OMDA] Bleach 51 I think they're new?[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll let you know once I finish dling it... and stop putting words in my mouth.:lol:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I gotta ask. Is Tetsujin 28 really Giant Robo? The storyline sounds awfully familiar. And some characters seem drawn exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

No, they're just similar. The art style is a bit different in that giant robo is newer and sports a pseudo-egyptian look while Tetsujin looks very old skool and basic.

Yeah...The FMA movie sub is horrible. It's definitely Camcorder level quality. Though I'm almost willing to put up with it cause who knows how much longer we'll have to wait for a DVD level quality sub to come out.

[quote name='jmcc']Re Bleach 197: everyone's favorite traitor is back.[/QUOTE]

I loved what happened to poor Keigo, and that everyone's favorite artist has returned with fun new drawings.

The encoder(and whatever else that I've been using along with it) I'm using has created video and audio parts to the Beck videos I want with the border, but the two are not being merged into an mpg file. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm looking in the DOS window next to it to see what's up when it goes to do this.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I gotta ask. Is Tetsujin 28 really Giant Robo? The storyline sounds awfully familiar. And some characters seem drawn exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

I thought Tetsujin 28 was edited up into Gigantor for us stateside?

[quote name='karsh']I gotta say...Sometimes it's weird hearing the same voice actors show up in different shows. I just watched the first episode of Full Metal Panic, and I couldn't help but laugh as Riza Hawkeye, Urahara Kisuke and Yuuichi Tate got sent on a mission to protect Shihouin Yoruichi. Just plain weird. Though so far I like the show enough to watch a few more episodes at the least.[/QUOTE]

I like turning on the dub for Kodocha and listening to Tohru Honda scream about what a horrible person Akito is, tell Shigure how much she loves him, and gets into fights with Kyo.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I thought Tetsujin 28 was edited up into Gigantor for us stateside?[/quote]

Yup it was. Incidently, I remember seeing the series as a child and I thought it was pretty cool until I saw Mazinger and his female robot companions who shot boob missiles. :drool:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I like turning on the dub for Kodocha and listening to Tohru Honda scream about what a horrible person Akito is, tell Shigure how much she loves him, and gets into fights with Kyo.[/QUOTE]

How is the dub? I saw Fruba when it was on fansub so I only know about the japanese voices. I was thinking of gettin' it even though it's high on the bishounin factor.

[quote name='jaykrue']How is the dub? I saw Fruba when it was on fansub so I only know about the japanese voices. I was thinking of gettin' it even though it's high on the bishounin factor.[/QUOTE]

You're probably asking the wrong person, I tend to be more 'dub friendly' than other anime fans I know... but I personally enjoy it a lot. All the voices fit very well. The main complaint I think most people make is Yuki- they cast Eric Vale (Trunks) as him. It's certainly different than the lady who did him in the Japanese version- I rather like it, but a lot of people don't.

You might have a hard time finding it now, but when Fruba first came out over here, Funimation made a sampler disc with English VA interviews, 2 dubbed eps, and a Dragonball GT preview. It was only $1.99 then... maybe it's still in stock somewhere?

[quote name='DuelLadyS']You're probably asking the wrong person, I tend to be more 'dub friendly' than other anime fans I know... but I personally enjoy it a lot. All the voices fit very well. The main complaint I think most people make is Yuki- they cast Eric Vale (Trunks) as him. It's certainly different than the lady who did him in the Japanese version- I rather like it, but a lot of people don't.

You might have a hard time finding it now, but when Fruba first came out over here, Funimation made a sampler disc with English VA interviews, 2 dubbed eps, and a Dragonball GT preview. It was only $1.99 then... maybe it's still in stock somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Truth be told, I used to be an antidub nazi until I saw Cowboy Bebop. Now, I'm a bit more lenient as I've also seen the dubbed Azumanga Daioh. As a result, I've become more forgiving of dubs... as long as they stay true to the 'spirit' of the anime. My big beef with a majority of dubbed anime is mangling the translation just to fit an English audience. If they can translate it without deviating too much from the original (like Azu did), I can be forgiving. It's when they mangle the translation as well as edit the storyline completely is when I go into anime nazi-mode. As Fruba is one of my guilty pleasures, I was hoping to find good dubs. Yuki being voiced by a man doesn't turn me off too much so hopefully I can find it (or at the very least rent it before buying).

EDIT: DB Naruto 153 out now biatchez! Go! Go! Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back