MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE (WII U) + Nintendo classic controller pro - $19.99 (+$8 shipping)

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
MONSTER HUNTER™ 3 ULTIMATE (WII U™) - $19.99 + (about $8 for shipping) (and tax).

Comes with Free Nintendo classic controller pro (a $20 value).  Shipping is pretty bad, but purchasing other products along with it helps ease the blow.

I apologize if this has been posted already.  Pretty good deal.

EDIT:

Deal is dead, price is now $29.99 (+$8 ship).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll show you my receipt for my LG G2 soon, and when I head over to Best Buy later, I'm going to have them match this for Monster Hunter.

I don't care about the cell phone.

I want to see a receipt where you got this game and the Wii U controller for $19.99

What the hell do you care if he's able to match it or not? You should be happy for the guy if he succeeds, in spite of the policies not being on his side.
Only a true bottom feeding CAG such as yourself would want someone to succeed in blatantly ripping off a retailer by trying to intentionally violate there PM T&C as it will only lead to more restrictive PM policies....

oh wait... didn't they just tighten them?

So I actually went to the Best Buy, but they didn't have any left in stock (I only asked the girl if she'd price match Capcom and she said yes).

So, even better, I went to the Target right next door to it and had them match it instead.

Voila-

snnof7.png

Best BUy is selling the LG G2 for $699.99 outright-

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/g2-4g-with-32gb-memory-mobile-phone/1710096.p;jsessionid=FE29F93EA4F3CE3E3C944563FD71A53E.bbolsp-app01-129?id=1219061250717&skuId=1710096&st=LG%20G2&cp=1&lp=1&contract_desc=

While AT&T is selling it for $574.99-

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/lg/g2-black.html#fbid=4-JgJyQwy83

And I guess I had a $5 voucher from BB.

GG

You may not care about the cellphone, but you did state this-

In which I provided. I didn't intend on matching the free controller part.

I'm pretty sure my post was:

Really... I would love to see a receipt where Best Buy is willing to PM a retailer that is not on there approve list AND also violate there PM T&C by bundling an item in there.

you neither got this PM'd at BB or got the bundled item. Did you get shutdown at BB and walk across the street to Target?

I'm pretty sure my post was:

Really... I would love to see a receipt where Best Buy is willing to PM a retailer that is not on there approve list AND also violate there PM T&C by bundling an item in there.

you neither got this PM'd at BB or got the bundled item. Did you get shutdown at BB and walk across the street to Target?
Nope, they were actually out of stock, and you can call them up yourself to find out since the number is right there. And once again, I had no intention of matching the controller part.

But I did have them match a retailer that you said is not part of their list of matchable retailers.

GG

How does backordered works? Is that whenever they have the game and controller in stock, they will ship the game? If so, thanks for the find OP!

Also well played Nintendonly. It's a great deal price matching that game for $20 + tax! GG indeed.

Honestly, the controller for this deal adds an additional ~$8 to the total. I can find the controller for ~$10 without being bundled, and I already have 3 of them that collect dust because I don't fuck ing use them.

Why the fuck should I give a damn about having a retailer match this deal with the controller? I just want the fuck ing game matched at a decent price. I also didn't give a shit about the Bobble head thing being bundled with Dark Arisen on the Capcom store. I was going to have that game's price matched at Best Buy too, but no store had it in stock within a 50 mile radius where I live. Same for Target, so I ended up buying through Capcom's god-awful Digital River partner. It seems to me that a lot of these Capcom games are now OOP, hence the clear-out prices.

So if you guys want to get these games, you better do it ASAP and at least ATTEMPT to get them price-matched at your local stores. The Targets/Best Buys where I live are super competitive price matching-wise, but they are the worst when it comes to company-wide clearances. They almost never do those clearances that people brag about. So yeah, YMMV, but it doesn't hurt to at least try.

Anybody have an answer on all this free Monster Hunter DLC?  Is it still available, or did I miss out by not playing every damn day?

Anybody have an answer on all this free Monster Hunter DLC? Is it still available, or did I miss out by not playing every damn day?
It's all still available for download. They were just making the quests available a little at a time. If you can find people to play this with, you will get fantastic value from the game. I'm currently Hunter Rank 65 & have 350+ hours in.

Honestly, the controller for this deal adds an additional ~$8 to the total. I can find the controller for ~$10 without being bundled, and I already have 3 of them that collect dust because I don't fuck ing use them.

Why the fuck should I give a damn about having a retailer match this deal with the controller? I just want the fuck ing game matched at a decent price. I also didn't give a shit about the Bobble head thing being bundled with Dark Arisen on the Capcom store. I was going to have that game's price matched at Best Buy too, but no store had it in stock within a 50 mile radius where I live. Same for Target, so I ended up buying through Capcom's god-awful Digital River partner. It seems to me that a lot of these Capcom games are now OOP, hence the clear-out prices.

So if you guys want to get these games, you better do it ASAP and at least ATTEMPT to get them price-matched at your local stores. The Targets/Best Buys where I live are super competitive price matching-wise, but they are the worst when it comes to company-wide clearances. They almost never do those clearances that people brag about. So yeah, YMMV, but it doesn't hurt to at least try.
Maybe people want the extras because items like the DMC Pendant and RE Umbrellas sell for $40+ on eBay and more then pay for the game?

Likewise, not all people want the extras or want to waste time dealing with Digital River and having to pay for shipping and wait ~2 weeks to receive the game.

And selling on eBay is an overrated scheme. The amount they take out of you in seller fees PLUS the arbitrary PayPal fees makes it not worth the hassle. You have to have a dedicated seller account that gets discounts on those things to make anything worthwhile.

It's all still available for download. They were just making the quests available a little at a time. If you can find people to play this with, you will get fantastic value from the game. I'm currently Hunter Rank 65 & have 350+ hours in.
I have nobody to play with (and even if I did, I've found WiiU is notorious for disconnecting from Netflix and online games, Nintendo used a really shitty wireless reciever for this system), I figured I could just use random matchmaking but the online seemed dead when I tried back in April or so. I haven't tried since, but unless the AI totally sucks there shouldn't be a HUGE difference in soloing vs online should there? Either way, glad to hear the DLC is still available, I am still bitter over missing some spotpass crap in FE:A

As long as the DLC is still available I'm satisfied. If anybody wants to play after they get their game in the next couple of weeks let me know, I'm at less than 10 hours right now.

Last edited:
Only a true bottom feeding CAG such as yourself would want someone to succeed in blatantly ripping off a retailer by trying to intentionally violate there PM T&C as it will only lead to more restrictive PM policies....

oh wait... didn't they just tighten them?
So my pricematching successes, giving Best Buy legitimate business in the process, is a direct cause of them tightening their policies up? Huh. I'd like to see a receipt for that. ;)

Well with shipping and tax it was just a hair under $30 but still saving a couple dollars and having a free controller (so I can return this GC controller adapter) isn't too bad. FYI to anyone who wants to grab their other sale stuff like Remember Me (comes with free DLC), Dark Arisen (free bobblehead) or Lost Planet 3 if you hit three games the shipping drops down to like $5 and gets cheaper the more you add to your cart.

Dark Arisen and Lost Planet 3 are also trade two games so if you happen to really want to shift real money to GS credit and save on shipping you have that option at least.
I'm confused. I bought Dark Arisen and didn't pay anything at all for shipping. Unless you are saying if you put the OP offer in and then add those games in it lowers the shipping.

I know everyone mentioned that DRI won't notify you if something gets back ordered but so you get a shipping notice or tracking number?

I'm confused. I bought Dark Arisen and didn't pay anything at all for shipping. Unless you are saying if you put the OP offer in and then add those games in it lowers the shipping.
Not working the same now but yesterday once you put three games in your cart your shipping would drop in like half and then keep getting cheaper the more you added. Probably was a glitch but definitely not doing it now.

Oh god, I just traded in the original dragon's dogma to get the dark arisen. If I get a backordered/canceled order on this I will be pissed lol.

I know everyone mentioned that DRI won't notify you if something gets back ordered but so you get a shipping notice or tracking number?

Not working the same now but yesterday once you put three games in your cart your shipping would drop in like half and then keep getting cheaper the more you added. Probably was a glitch but definitely not doing it now.

Oh god, I just traded in the original dragon's dogma to get the dark arisen. If I get a backordered/canceled order on this I will be pissed lol.
If it makes you feel better Dark Arisen is frequently on Amazon Warehouse Deals for around $22 like new in case yours gets cancelled.

Ordered yesterday at 7:47 am EST, order status still says its being processed. How are the orders going for those who ordered around the same time as me?

Ordered yesterday at 7:47 am EST, order status still says its being processed. How are the orders going for those who ordered around the same time as me?
Ugghhh....My Dragons Dogma that I ordered last week is still showing "In progress". This was on Thursday before the deal was posted in the second thread and when it was showing in stock. I called and apparently the problem is the "extra" item (bobble buddy) is on backorder and there is no way they will let you get just the game without the bundled free item. They also mentioned the same thing about my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate order :( looks like we may be waiting a while and possibly cancelling the order if not filled somewhat soon.

Ugghhh....My Dragons Dogma that I ordered last week is still showing "In progress". This was on Thursday before the deal was posted in the second thread and when it was showing in stock. I called and apparently the problem is the "extra" item (bobble buddy) is on backorder and there is no way they will let you get just the game without the bundled free item. They also mentioned the same thing about my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate order :( looks like we may be waiting a while and possibly cancelling the order if not filled somewhat soon.
Barf. Well we knew what we were going to be dealing with when it was DRI.

Barf. Well we knew what we were going to be dealing with when it was DRI.
Indeed indeed. I may just try to cancel my order if this goes on much longer. I ordered LP2 for amazon trade (for the DS credit) and got RE:Rev for myself. A week later and still in process. bleh

If the games weren't in backordered status they should ship in 1-2 days. If you knowingly placed an order while something was listed as "backordered" then you also knowingly rollled the dice. Could ship tomorrow or it could take a month.

If the games weren't in backordered status they should ship in 1-2 days. If you knowingly placed an order while something was listed as "backordered" then you also knowingly rollled the dice. Could ship tomorrow or it could take a month.
Well it was still in stock when I ordered so fingers crossed. I really worry about the security of their site since I just went to log in and check and this is the second time the email field has been filled with some other persons email address.

Well it was still in stock when I ordered so fingers crossed. I really worry about the security of their site since I just went to log in and check and this is the second time the email field has been filled with some other persons email address.
This! My Dragons Dogma still showed available 4-5 Days later when the second thread was posted here. I called and the game is available in the warehouse apparently it's the bundled "free" item. MH3U also showed available when I ordered it though it was much closer. Honestly there is no defending them, IMO.

My Dragons Dogma still showed available 4-5 Days later when the second thread was posted here. I called and the game is available in the warehouse apparently it's the bundled "free" item. MH3U also showed available when I ordered it though it was much closer. Honestly there is no defending them, IMO.

I'll give them two weeks before I lose it on customer support. I'm going to be extremely busy until then anyway, so I wouldn't be able to play the game. The price is good enough to sit on it.

However, this is pretty crappy management of stock on their part. I know that MH3U went from in stock, to backordered, and back to in stock (which is where I purchased it) in a matter of 12 hours. They shouldn't have even put it back up if it was backordered, though as I understand it, even for people who ordered before it was officially listed as such got their orders backordered. It's nonsense.

Just got an email from Capcom. They do not have the Classic Controller in stock and won't be receiving anymore. They now want to charge the same amount without the controller. Did anyone else get this email?

Looks like it's time to call them up as they need to provide some type of refund. My game was ordered when it was still in stock.

Thank you for ordering the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U. Unfortunately, we are out of stock of the bonus item, the Nintendo Wii Classic Controller Pro. We're very sorry, however we will not be receiving additional stock and will not be able to ship this item to you.

We would still like to ship the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and any other items from your order, if you choose. To have the rest of your items shipped, you don't need to do anything. We will remove the Nintendo Wii Classic Controller Pro from your order and the remaining items will be shipped out. You may receive an additional email message confirming this.

Just got an email from Capcom. They do not have the Classic Controller in stock and won't be receiving anymore. They now want to charge the same amount without the controller. Did anyone else get this email?
Looks like it's time to call them up as they need to provide some type of refund. My game was ordered when it was still in stock.
Just a total fuck up by them. Capcom is just bad bad bad.

Yep... don't know why I'm surprised when I haven't been able to get on the store in the last five days. Not worth it without the classic controller when it's $30 with tax and shipping and been that at a couple stores and on the eshop.

Just a total fuck up by them. Capcom is just bad bad bad.

Don't blame Capcom for that, blame them (and all the other Japanese publishers) for using DRI to run their shops and being willing to put their names on it.

Yep... don't know why I'm surprised when I haven't been able to get on the store in the last five days. Not worth it without the classic controller when it's $30 with tax and shipping and been that at a couple stores and on the eshop.

Don't blame Capcom for that, blame them (and all the other Japanese publishers) for using DRI to run their shops and being willing to put their names on it.
I've had other problems with Capcom store. Mainly because of Digital River like you said.

Sidenote - someone really just made a new account just go give you bad feedback.

WT fuck. Seeing as I've never sold or traded anything to another CAG...
You can get it removed if you didn't have any transactions.

On topic: Digital River is obviously the issue. Who ships half the product and thinks it's ok to charge full price/

I knew you were going to insinuate that it was me.

I can assure you that it wasn't. I was too busy trolling Slickdeals.
Uh huh... all seems awful convenient. ;)

You can get it removed if you didn't have any transactions.

On topic: Digital River is obviously the issue. Who ships half the product and thinks it's ok to charge full price/
Well it was "free" so why would anyone be upset they didn't get it?

Uh huh... all seems awful convenient. ;)

Well it was "free" so why would anyone be upset they didn't get it?
I guess it depends on how you look at it. If I place an order and it has 2 items (bundled or not) I expect 2 items. If an item is adjusted it's natural to expect the price would be adjusted.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If I place an order and it has 2 items (bundled or not) I expect 2 items. If an item is adjusted it's natural to expect the price would be adjusted.
Sorry, forgot to indicate the sarcasm there. I'm just glad I didn't return the copy I got from Meijer for $30 yet, was going to do that tomorrow. I would rather spend the extra $3 or so than give DRI anything after this.

Sorry, forgot to indicate the sarcasm there. I'm just glad I didn't return the copy I got from Meijer for $30 yet, was going to do that tomorrow. I would rather spend the extra $3 or so than give DRI anything after this.
Yep, no company's getting my money again if they are using Digital River. Unless it's too good to be true, in that case I'll buy it and expect the worse.

madnjelly strikes again. Damn what CAG did you upset.

Ahhh....my sarcasm meter never works right :)

Funnily enough that's essentially what Digital Rivers support told me though.

Yep, no company's getting my money again if they are using Digital River. Unless it's too good to be true, in that case I'll buy it and expect the worse.

madnjelly strikes again. Damn what CAG did you upset.
Yep, I'm glad almost all of these CEs I've been ordering lately have been available on Amazon instead.

Who knows but part of me wants to see how creative this gets and if it's actually a regular if they end up outing themselves. Especially because of the name. Unless... it's you and your pointing it out is just deflection! Unless... it's actually me and accusing you of deflection to deflect suspicion from myself! This is becoming a mighty tangled weave.

The only person who's not a suspect is slidecage since the feedback has punctuation.

Ahhh....my sarcasm meter never works right :)

No, no I was too opaque since I was distracted.

Yep, I'm glad almost all of these CEs I've been ordering lately have been available on Amazon instead.

Who knows but part of me wants to see how creative this gets and if it's actually a regular if they end up outing themselves. Especially because of the name. Unless... it's you and your pointing it out is just deflection! Unless... it's actually me and accusing you of deflection to deflect suspicion from myself! This is becoming a mighty tangled weave.

The only person who's not a suspect is slidecage since the feedback has punctuation.

No, no I was too opaque since I was distracted.
HA. I'm too smart, if it was me I wouldn't have never pointed it out. I might be one of the few people who don't use the mobile site even though I'm on a mobile device. I'm not going to lie though. Deals have been dry lately, I want to see how this fares out for my entertainment. :) How far is he really going to go? Will he rat him self out?

bread's done
Back