MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE (WII U) + Nintendo classic controller pro - $19.99 (+$8 shipping)

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
MONSTER HUNTER™ 3 ULTIMATE (WII U™) - $19.99 + (about $8 for shipping) (and tax).

Comes with Free Nintendo classic controller pro (a $20 value).  Shipping is pretty bad, but purchasing other products along with it helps ease the blow.

I apologize if this has been posted already.  Pretty good deal.

EDIT:

Deal is dead, price is now $29.99 (+$8 ship).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... so I requested to cancelled my order when I received the notification that the pro controller would not ship with my game three weeks ago.

Earlier today, I receive the email that the controller has been cancelled. Now I receive three more emails, first one saying they could not cancel the game, second saying they shipped the game, and third email with return instructions...

What a shady company...

Wow... so I requested to cancelled my order when I received the notification that the pro controller would not ship with my game three weeks ago.

Earlier today, I receive the email that the controller has been cancelled. Now I receive three more emails, first one saying they could not cancel the game, second saying they shipped the game, and third email with return instructions...

What a shady company...
They're terrible. Plenty of people said don't do it when the deal went up but plenty of us did it anyway despite knowing better.

Edit- I actually just got a shipped email from them as well but still no charge on any of these prepaid Visas (know I used one of them but only 80% sure which one) without any money on any of them. So we'll see if they actually ship me a game or not. Either way they did adjust the shipping cost down $4 at least.

My order for the controller got cancelled without warning and they still shipped the game, without giving me the option of canceling it too (the game was just a bonus for me, I wanted the controller more than anything). Any chance I'll get a refund for it + the shipping fees?

Speaking of which, how do I know if they adjusted the shipping for me? They should've done it, right?

My order for the controller got cancelled without warning and they still shipped the game, without giving me the option of canceling it too (the game was just a bonus for me, I wanted the controller more than anything). Any chance I'll get a refund for it + the shipping fees?

Speaking of which, how do I know if they adjusted the shipping for me? They should've done it, right?
With tax and shipping mine was $29.XX and the shipping email said $24.XX. Good luck getting your refund, especially with shipping back though.

With tax and shipping mine was $29.XX and the shipping email said $24.XX. Good luck getting your refund, especially with shipping back though.
My difference was $4.22. Guess they did adjust it. However, I still complained in my email that the shipping cost for an item of that size and weight would be much more, so it's not fair to just divide the shipping fees equally among all the other items of the order.

We'll see how that goes.

What a shady company...
Then you'll get a box in front of your door and you will ask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmqwbZa6_w

and inside that box

will be a piece of paper that tells you to check your e-mail for instructions.

They did give you the option of cancelling it. It was hidden in a poorly made e-mail that probably went into your spam section.

Although Digital River was terrible, Best Buy still takes the cake. I just hope that I can get the issue fixed with my bank.

My order for the Wii Controller got cancelled too, but Digital Rivers, refunded me 3.00 for not delivering, so just got Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

What a shady company...
What assholes. I contacted them about a week before November and the guy who responded made it sound like canceling could happen, but wouldn't necessarily. I wrote back demanding that they honor their previous statement and it was canceled.

Called and canceled order on Oct. 19th and mine still shipped with return instructions emailed. Digital river is a crappy company.

So I checked and they did indeed ship the game and they did indeed charge a pre-paid Visa with no funds on it which isn't tied to anything else so I'm not really sure what to expect in regards to that overage.

So I checked and they did indeed ship the game and they did indeed charge a pre-paid Visa with no funds on it which isn't tied to anything else so I'm not really sure what to expect in regards to that overage.
In the past I've received a bill for something that was shipped when an expired credit card couldn't be used by that company and they had already sent the product. Not from Digital River but another online retailer from around 10 years ago. Either way I imagine they may bill you.

Got a reply about my order:

Dear "EeK85",

Thank you for contacting the Capcom Online Store.

Please note that all products that are ordered through the Capcom Online
Store are ineligible for a refund. This is outlined in our refund
policy, located at:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/DisplayReturnAndCancellationsPage

Sincerely,
Jacqueline A.
Capcom Online Store
Customer Service
[email protected]
Is this the biggest load of bullshit you guys have ever seen, or what?

Agreed. We can start by blacklisting them from CAG. No more deals involving those bozos should ever be posted.

I regret biting on this before someone was able to warn me.
Looks like this site has an affiliate link for the Capcom shop so that's not happening.

I was warned but I figured that I could just cancel if it took too long. I didn't figure they'd pull so many tricks.

We really must find a way to shut down Digital River.
Everyone seriously needs to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau. In the short term they may be able to help some people and in the long term it should open the eyes if the Publishers using them. Even a handful of complaints will look really bad. They are a BBB accredited company also...

Looks like this site has an affiliate link for the Capcom shop so that's not happening.

I was warned but I figured that I could just cancel if it took too long. I didn't figure they'd pull so many tricks.
Well, fuck.

I know, right? Isn't this illegal?

Everyone seriously needs to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau. In the short term they may be able to help some people and in the long term it should open the eyes if the Publishers using them. Even a handful of complaints will look really bad. They are a BBB accredited company also...
Will do.

Oh, you can try to cancel, but they'll still ship it 2 months later claiming the order couldn't be cancelled.  They did that to me and some others during the Square Enix end of year sale last year.  When I saw the Capcom Sale and realized their store was run by Digital River, I immediately said it was a no go for me.  

I agree we should put together a list of online retailers who use Digital River.

Well, I just filed a complaint using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System, as per the suggestion of fellow CAG SpidrMnky.

It was a somewhat long and arduous process (lots of checkboxes to mark, forms to be filled and information to be added), but I'm hoping that, in the end, it will be worth it. The last information they request is what sort of settlement (if any) you're looking for (refund, replacement, etc.).

Here's the link, if anyone else's interested (and you should be). Just click on the green button and follow the instructions. When looking up the company (Digital River), select headquarters, as the specific address of the Capcom store (or whatever other store run by Digital River you want to complain about) is not really important.

Let's fill their inboxes with letters from the BBB!

You guys should really submit this shit to Kotaku or another gaming blog. People need to know.
Maybe I will. Their refund policy is illegal, I looked into it. They can't simply deny a refund if the item you bought is:

• not of acceptable quality;
  • does not match the description;
  • or does not match the sample or demonstration model shown to you.
In my case, I paid for a game and a controller. Sending me only the game does not match the description on the website, does it?

In my case, I paid for a game and a controller. Sending me only the game does not match the description on the website, does it?
The thing I pointed out when someone was in here screaming about that they were stealing from them is that you technically bought the game only. It's shitty and a technicality when anyone with common sense to know better but the law doesn't usually favor common sense. They also are probably counting on that no one's going to take them to small claims court over $30 even if that didn't hold up but they would probably lean upon the fact that they prorated the shipping accordingly to enforce that.

To me what's the worst part is that they told people they would cancel their orders. They told people other people they wouldn't cancel but that they could return it or refuse delivery for a refund.

The thing I pointed out when someone was in here screaming about that they were stealing from them is that you technically bought the game only. It's shitty and a technicality when anyone with common sense to know better but the law doesn't usually favor common sense. They also are probably counting on that no one's going to take them to small claims court over $30 even if that didn't hold up but they would probably lean upon the fact that they prorated the shipping accordingly to enforce that.

To me what's the worst part is that they told people they would cancel their orders. They told people other people they wouldn't cancel but that they could return it or refuse delivery for a refund.
It doesn't matter, they're not honoring a promotion that was clearly being divulged on their website. The item (singular, as in one SKU) was listed as the game plus a free controller. It's just like when you're in the supermarket and there's a product bundled with another, free item, alongside the regular single ones. You can choose to buy whichever you want, but if you pick the bundle, you're entitled to it. The cashier is not allowed to break it up, and you pay for both items, at a discounted rate.

I agree that no one would likely take them to a small claims court over $30 (even though that's exactly what I threatened to do in my email, being a lawyer and all :lol: ), but that doesn't make them right. We do have a case, no matter what.

Oh, you can try to cancel, but they'll still ship it 2 months later claiming the order couldn't be cancelled. They did that to me and some others during the Square Enix end of year sale last year. When I saw the Capcom Sale and realized their store was run by Digital River, I immediately said it was a no go for me.

I agree we should put together a list of online retailers who use Digital River.
This just happened to me, I told them to cancel my order. 2 weeks later, the game ships and then an email reply stating the items has shipped and they can not cancel the order. Lesson learned (again).

Your kinda right and they will get away with it likely because the controller lists as free but this is looking more and more like a bait and switch. They advertised one thing (which likely no one got) and now are shipping something totally different. The icing on the cake is that even those that cancelled are still being charged and shipped the product they didn't want and requested be cancelled.

As mentioned the BBB isn't the fastest thing in the world but we really need to start somewhere and open the eyes if both the Publishers using DR and potential consumers.

I just looked at my charge for this ... it's $25.99.  Really DR?  I'm being charged $6 for shipping on a game that fits in a bubble mailer?  I'm refusing the package anyway, but shipping here is way overpriced (from the initial $8 with the controller).

Don't misunderstand me, it doesn't justify they're actions but it's one of those things where they've done just enough to have probably covered their asses.

I just looked at my charge for this ... it's $25.99. Really DR? I'm being charged $6 for shipping on a game that fits in a bubble mailer? I'm refusing the package anyway, but shipping here is way overpriced (from the initial $8 with the controller).
Why would you refuse it? You want to lose $25.99 on purpose? I don't understand.

Emailed them back after that message and got yet another reply:

Dear sucker, erm, I mean, customer,

Thank you for contacting the Capcom Online Store.

We understand that you want a full refund for order number 24702233024.

Please be advised that prior to shipping the order, we have sent you an
email on 10/16/2013 informing you that the free Nintendo Wii Classic
Controller Pro was out of stock and will not be shipped. We have
provided you an option that if you wish to cancel the order, you can
inform us before or by November 1st, 2013.

Since the order was shipped already, we are unable to cancel it.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Liezl C.
Capcom Online Store
Customer Service
[email protected]
This was my reply to them:

Dear robot subordinate of an evil and shady company,

Thank your for your reply.

I understand you sent an email on that date informing of the occurrence. I also understand that email was sent via another mail service. You used a third-party email service to generate that message, in this case, BlueHornet, which is blacklisted by default by most email service providers, such as Gmail. The poorly written message ended up in the spam folder without me ever acknowledging its existence, which was probably your intention in the first place.

Not only that, but you didn't take action to prevent the shipment of an incomplete order. You cannot expect a consumer to accept an incomplete order simply because he or she did not have the opportunity to check his or her spam folder, contact your company and hope for a positive reply. In fact, even if I had done that, there are reports online from people that tried to cancel their orders, but got them shipped anyway. What sort of customer service is that?

I mentioned all this in my complaint to the BBB, so they are already well aware of your dishonest business practices. The FTC has strict guidelines against deceptive pricing, which can be found here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/decptprc.htm . Those include:

§233.4 Bargain offers based upon the purchase of other merchandise.

Representative of the language frequently employed in such offers are ``Free,'' ``Buy One -- Get One Free,'' ``2-For-1 Sale,'' ``Half Price Sale,'' ``1 Sale,'' ``50% Off,'' etc. Literally, of course, the seller is not offering anything ``free'' (i.e., an unconditional gift), or \1/2\ free, or for only 1, when he makes such an offer, since the purchaser is required to purchase an article in order to receive the ``free'' or ``1'' item. It is important, therefore, that where such a form of offer is used, care be taken not to mislead the consumer.

I was clearly mislead, and this characterizes a form of false or deceptive advertising, specifically prohibited under the law. That being said, I will not rest until I receive my refund.

Sincerely,

Your worst nightmare
And yes, I do like to write. A lot. :p

Emailed them back after that message and got yet another reply:

This was my reply to them:

And yes, I do like to write. A lot. :p
Very nice. I hope others follow suit and fill out a Claim with the BBB. They intended to mislead consumers and never intended to honor that price For both game and controller, IMO,

bread's done
Back