MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE (WII U) + Nintendo classic controller pro - $19.99 (+$8 shipping)

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
MONSTER HUNTER™ 3 ULTIMATE (WII U™) - $19.99 + (about $8 for shipping) (and tax).

Comes with Free Nintendo classic controller pro (a $20 value).  Shipping is pretty bad, but purchasing other products along with it helps ease the blow.

I apologize if this has been posted already.  Pretty good deal.

EDIT:

Deal is dead, price is now $29.99 (+$8 ship).

Last edited by a moderator:
HA. I'm too smart, if it was me I wouldn't have never pointed it out. I might be one of the few people who don't use the mobile site even though I'm on a mobile device. I'm not going to lie though. Deals have been dry lately, I want to see how this fares out for my entertainment. :) How far is he really going to go? Will he rat him self out?
I honestly would probably have not even noticed for six months. This is why I don't reply to half my PMs because by the time I notice them they're two weeks ago.

What the hell, I'm pretty sure I ordered Monster Hunter before it was backordered and now I get a notice saying they were out of controllers and that I have until Nov. 1 to contact them if I want to cancel -- meaning the game probably wouldn't ship for a long time in the first place.

What the hell, I'm pretty sure I ordered Monster Hunter before it was backordered and now I get a notice saying they were out of controllers and that I have until Nov. 1 to contact them if I want to cancel -- meaning the game probably wouldn't ship for a long time in the first place.
I definitely did but they probably only had a couple controllers to begin with and that status was just for the game if I had to guess.

I also ordered before the backorder and I still haven't gotten an e-mail. I checked and my status is "In Progress" like it's been since I've ordered it.

Edit: I checked my Spam and it's in there. For those who can't find it, it looks like "

Your Purchase of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U from the Capcom Online Store – Order"

I have a huge backlog, so I can wait 2-3 months for my order. I better get my order from Capcom, because if they cancel, i will have negative feedback for them

I definitely did but they probably only had a couple controllers to begin with and that status was just for the game if I had to guess.
I honestly don't think they had any in stock. I called support the first night to combine MH3U with my existing order to lower shipping. They told me the first night that the controllers were on backorder.

Also, after further thought this is even worse than I originally thought. They also wouldn't adjust the $8 shipping when I spoke to support despite shipping half the items.

Edit: Like others when I ordered it was NOT shoeing backordered.

I honestly don't think they had any in stock. I called support the first night to combine MH3U with my existing order to lower shipping. They told me the first night that the controllers were on backorder.

Also, after further thought this is even worse than I originally thought. They also wouldn't adjust the $8 shipping when I spoke to support despite shipping half the items.

Edit: Like others when I ordered it was NOT shoeing backordered.
Yeah, that's their base shipping cost. It's just a dumb mess all around.

Damn, thanks for mentioning that the email was in the spam folder. Might as well cancel the order now since it's taken this long and wont have the controller. I guess this is my digital river moment.

Well it was "free" so why would anyone be upset they didn't get it?
Because when you ordered it you entered a contract with the seller which they are now violating. I don't like being lied to. A seller should not just change what items he sends you after you have agreed on the items, agreed on the price, and completed the transaction - unless you explicitly agree to the changes to the order. I did not agree to buy just the game, but the game and another item for the price.

I made another order over the weekend. I ordered a headset from Turtle Beach. Turtle Beach ran out of the XP5s, so they upgraded my order to the Tango headset. I replied to the email and stated that I wished the Tango headset included the talkback cable and they threw it in as well (since the XP5 headset came with it). In addition, their email about the headset being out of stock stated that if I did not agree to the new terms of the order via a reply to the email, they would cancel my order. DR is run by idiots who, instead, state that unless you specifically cancel the order (in which up to 1/2 of the items that are supposed to be in the order are not present) they will send it anyway. What poor customer service. I too will not use digital river again.

Because when you ordered it you entered a contract with the seller which they are now violating. I don't like being lied to. A seller should not just change what items he sends you after you have agreed on the items, agreed on the price, and completed the transaction - unless you explicitly agree to the changes to the order. I did not agree to buy just the game, but the game and another item for the price.
Well they're doing the bare minimum to hold up their end by offering to either let you still have the game at the agreed upon price or to have your money back. It's not like they're robbing you, it's just what you get from companies that don't understand customer service or value it.

Man I really was tempted on this even with DRI. I am so glad I decided not to. Really sucks though. I am curious how many people actually got their Game+Controller. I am betting like 2. 

It is very much like they are robbing me.  Let's say that the email was in my junk folder, I did not know about the change in the terms, and did not want to agree to them.  When only the game showed up, my next step would be to contact the seller and then to contact my credit card company to dispute the charge.  

The problem is not only that they are downgrading the order without a corresponding change in price, but really that they are still going to send the orders if you don't tell them not to.  What idiot does that?  If you can't meet the original order, the default should be to cancel it unless the person explicitly agrees to the new terms.  Do you not agree with that?

If I sold you a home with 100 acres, but did not own the acreage and you paid the same price believing that you were purchasing both, what would you call that?  Is this really different?

It may not be "robbing" me, but it is fraud.

It's neither unless you can prove they ran this sale and took the orders with the intention of not being able to fill them. The controller was also a "free" item, you were always buying Monster Hunter at the same price they're offering you now. If a store is offering a free X with purchase of Y and by the time you wait through the line they've run out of X but still have Y you can still purchase Y or take your money and go home. The only difference is that because of the dynamics of the internet they have to place a hold on your form of payment to verify that you can pay for it. It sucks and I don't like defending DRI but at least they're contacting people with options instead of outright cancelling all the orders.

If someone has their order fulfilled because they didn't see the email then that's on them, not DRI. Now if DRI doesn't honor returns for those people then that's a different issue.

It is very much like they are robbing me. Let's say that the email was in my junk folder, I did not know about the change in the terms, and did not want to agree to them. When only the game showed up, my next step would be to contact the seller and then to contact my credit card company to dispute the charge.

The problem is not only that they are downgrading the order without a corresponding change in price, but really that they are still going to send the orders if you don't tell them not to. What idiot does that? If you can't meet the original order, the default should be to cancel it unless the person explicitly agrees to the new terms. Do you not agree with that?

If I sold you a home with 100 acres, but did not own the acreage and you paid the same price believing that you were purchasing both, what would you call that? Is this really different?

The problem is its easy for them to say its a simple inventory issue. It seems strange to run a sale on an item/bundle that is OOS but that will be their story. I agree, as probably everyone here does, it's wrong but if they stonewall you when you call you basically have no recourse since they are offering a refund/cancel order. The only other thing you can do is let people know how terrible they are to consumers.

I really wish Publishers would stop using DR.

It's neither unless you can prove they ran this sale and took the orders with the intention of not being able to fill them. The controller was also a "free" item, you were always buying Monster Hunter at the same price they're offering you now. If a store is offering a free X with purchase of Y and by the time you wait through the line they've run out of X but still have Y you can still purchase Y or take your money and go home. The only difference is that because of the dynamics of the internet they have to place a hold on your form of payment to verify that you can pay for it.
No, in the situation you mention, I would be explicitly agreeing to purchase the item since I know that the store no longer has X when I purchase Y.

If you read my post, you will see that my problem is that they don't default to cancellation. Instead, they default to sending the order that is different than what was agreed to. The "dynamics" of the internet do not make is necessary for them to default to sending an incomplete order.

I will state it again. Regardless of anything being "free" or whatever, a company should not ship an order that is different than what was agreed upon at the time of sale without the explicit approval of the buyer.

Man I really was tempted on this even with DRI. I am so glad I decided not to. Really sucks though. I am curious how many people actually got their Game+Controller. I am betting like 2.
I'm betting 2 less than you. Seriously if support knew they had no stock the first day of the sale my guess is they had none until someone says they received a completed order.

I don't care about the cell phone.

I want to see a receipt where you got this game and the Wii U controller for $19.99

Only a true bottom feeding CAG such as yourself would want someone to succeed in blatantly ripping off a retailer by trying to intentionally violate there PM T&C as it will only lead to more restrictive PM policies....

oh wait... didn't they just tighten them?
Word my follow CAG!

Damn, thanks for mentioning that the email was in the spam folder. Might as well cancel the order now since it's taken this long and wont have the controller. I guess this is my digital river moment.
Mine as well, this is the second time in as many attempts to buy through digital river and not have it fulfilled. It is quite aggravating. Cancelling this order. Willwait for mh3 sub $10 instead.

I just got off the phone with Digital River (aka Capcom Online Store) and I had them cancel my order and refund me my "pre-authorization hold".

The representative was not stupid, but she sure played stupid. She understood what I was saying and she kept dodging it until I told her how pre-authorization works and that the e-mail says that I must call to cancel. I was told that I needed an escalation to the proper department, which would take up to 72 hours and that I could cancel then. It turns out that they actually have someone there who can cancel orders for you but they don't want to do it.

Here is what my email says:

Thank you for contacting the Capcom Online Store. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.

A request has been submitted to cancel shipment of your order. In some 
cases, we are unable to do so, as orders are processed for shipment 
immediately upon completion. If your order is unable to be cancelled, 
you will be notified in the form of a shipping notification email. If 
your order is unable to be cancelled and you would like a refund, you 
may refuse delivery of the shipment. 

What a total crock.  

Here was my reply:

So, let me get this straight.  You guys are so incompetent that you can't list the items correctly.  You can't understand that shipping an order with 1/2 of the original items that are supposed to be in it constitutes fraud as it is a willful violation of the original contract.  You send an email that admits your mistake, but you will still ship the order without my expressed consent and will charge me the same price.  And now, you don't know if you can cancel the order.  This is absolutely the worst and most idiotic was to run a store/business that I have ever experienced.

If my order is not cancelled and the pre-authorization refunded to my card within the next 48 hours, I am going to call my credit card company and file a dispute. 

DO NOT SHIP THIS ORDER!  Often times I don't have the ability to refuse delivery since I work and delivery companies leave the package on my doorstep.

I am not paying to ship this back to you - CANCEL the order if you can do anything correctly, which I seriously doubt.

DO NOT SHIP THIS ORDER! Often times I don't have the ability to refuse delivery since I work and delivery companies leave the package on my doorstep.
You know you can take the package to a drop off location and refuse delivery that way?

Digital River is a Better Business Bureau authorized company. I doubt it would do anything but maybe if gamers filed complaints when Digital River makes these sort of errors the Publishers will eventually start taking notice and either put pressure on Digital River or better switch to a new company to handle their webstore. May be worth a shot with the amount of issues people have with them consistently.

lol..... I guess if a whole bunch of you are willing to buy a $20 Vita from a Chinese seller only to get sent a fake coin your dumb enough to order from Digital River.... lesson learned?

when i ordered the warhammer space marine ce thru digital river i had zero problems. dont know why it seems to be hit or miss
They're a bunch of scamming assholes.

Ni No Kuni was a fucking joke...This is worse, by far. At least they refunded the Ni No Kuni orders when they already sold them to a higher bidder (or sold them directly on Ebay themselves).

Here is what my email says:

Thank you for contacting the Capcom Online Store.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

A request has been submitted to cancel shipment of your order. In some
cases, we are unable to do so, as orders are processed for shipment
immediately upon completion. If your order is unable to be cancelled,
you will be notified in the form of a shipping notification email. If
your order is unable to be cancelled and you would like a refund, you
may refuse delivery of the shipment.

What a total crock.
Call them. I ordered from them, once, and had a quick, easy cancellation/refund.

Don't remember their number. Just Google 'Capcom Store phone number'.

I did call them and the lady told me that she would "try" to cancel it.  I gave her the Yoda speech and then she reassured me that it was cancelled, but I don't really trust her until the money goes back on my card.

I can understand about the extra controller, but what I tried to argue with the DR rep was that if I'm not getting the CCP, why am I still paying $8-9 bucks shipping. They assured me that the order would be adjusted...but weren't sure how...

I mean, I ordered two of those 6 pound Megaman Anniversary statues and the shipping was only 13. How is it that a single game is close to that shipping rate?

The representative also insisted that I wanted to cancel because I wouldn't get a free controller. She wanted me to say it, but I said that I wouldn't even get a package until next month, it was bait and switch, and I want my money back. No free controller was a small part of it.

The representative also insisted that I wanted to cancel because I wouldn't get a free controller. She wanted me to say it, but I said that I wouldn't even get a package until next month, it was bait and switch, and I want my money back. No free controller was a small part of it.
Your package might have been bigger than your car. DRI sent my stuff in this

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320775-dead-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-lost-planet-3-dmc-devil-may-cry-resident-evil-revelations-for-1999-capcomcom/?p=11144863

I can understand about the extra controller, but what I tried to argue with the DR rep was that if I'm not getting the CCP, why am I still paying $8-9 bucks shipping. They assured me that the order would be adjusted...but weren't sure how...

I mean, I ordered two of those 6 pound Megaman Anniversary statues and the shipping was only 13. How is it that a single game is close to that shipping rate?
Funny I was told no adjustment would be made on shipping. I did file a complaint with BBB. I don't expect anything will come of it but if other gamers done the same maybe Publishers will think about their business arrangement with DR.

Reading through this thread is just like reading through every thread that involves publisher stores since they all seem to use digital river. Those guys are so incompetent.

The cancellation was for the pro controller portion of the sales order (at least on my order when I checked on the DR website).
Hmmm, I assumed it was the entire order. I have been screwed by DR 2 or 3 times before, so I do not exactly have a reason to remain optimistic.

If you got a cancellation e-mail, then it got canceled because they were meant to ship partial orders on the first.

They already sent the controller Cancellation a long time ago.

They barely attempted to refund me last week which was like a week and a half after I asked them to refund me and I opened a claim with my bank and now everything is screwy so I need to take a day to fix all that.

Thank you Digital River for sucking as much as Best Buy.

How do I tell Capcom to ditch this turd?

If you got a cancellation e-mail, then it got canceled because they were meant to ship partial orders on the first.

They already sent the controller Cancellation a long time ago.

They barely attempted to refund me last week which was like a week and a half after I asked them to refund me and I opened a claim with my bank and now everything is screwy so I need to take a day to fix all that.

Thank you Digital River for sucking as much as Best Buy.

How do I tell Capcom to ditch this turd?

Nope. Not true. I just got a shipping confirmation for my order... minutes ago.

As expected---no mention of the pro controllers.

The charge fell off a long time ago but I'm sure they'll put a new one through.

Hmm, the charge dropped off and now I'm not sure what prepaid card I had used.  Either way there's not enough to cover it on any of them now, let alone the one I think it was on, so all the better.

Nope. Not true. I just got a shipping confirmation for my order... minutes ago.

As expected---no mention of the pro controllers.

The charge fell off a long time ago but I'm sure they'll put a new one through.
OK, Zeno. Please start from the beginning since your username changed.

bread's done
Back